Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

"But you got out the suitcase!"

I fast-forward through that scene every time I watch that episode. Sitting through that is cruel and unusual punishment.

Remind me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_BGtyyaAX2s#t=233s

I could watch Finn for a year straight beore I could watch one second of Noah.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tony Soprano : [over the phone]  It's a bad connection, so I'm gonna talk fast! The guy you're looking for is an ex-commando! He killed sixteen Chechen rebels single-handed! Paulie 'Walnuts' Gual

Sopranos movie prequel in the works according to David Chase

Could have used more Furio before they wrote him out. His first scene in America collecting at the brothel was insane. up in the club cracks me up every time.

I fast-forward through that scene every time I watch that episode. Sitting through that is cruel and unusual punishment.

Remind me.

It's Meadow's whining I was talking about. Finn took more of that than he needed to.

Remind me.

Noah was a primo character.

The old man passed away unexpectedly last March. With mom still alive, she pretty much has everything he left behind. The one thing I did get was his box set of The Sopranos.

Today, with my cable out, is the day I jump back into this.

• 2 weeks later...

"You were saying she had a nice ass!"

"I was trying to say something positive because she's your friend!!!"

a>

That scene still has my favorite "Hoooooooo!" of the entire series, said by Chris after Ade throws her drink all over him.

Watched Kennedy and Heidi today. Some awesome stuff within the span of a few minutes of screen time.

Starting here, the look in Christopher's eyes when he realized Tony was about to turn his lights out, and then Tony's dead, murdeous eyes... almost nothingness, staring right back at him. So much different #### is conveyed in his face. And then if you skip ahead to the 10:45 mark, Edie Falco's reaction to the news is superb. You can feel the gut punch.

Watched Kennedy and Heidi today. Some awesome stuff within the span of a few minutes of screen time.

Starting here, the look in Christopher's eyes when he realized Tony was about to turn his lights out, and then Tony's dead, murdeous eyes... almost nothingness, staring right back at him. So much different #### is conveyed in his face. And then if you skip ahead to the 10:45 mark, Edie Falco's reaction to the news is superb. You can feel the gut punch.

Sometimes it's the little things that make an episode. For example, when Tony goes to the burnt stables to see poor Pie-O-My, when he comforts Pie's handler, her emotional reaction is very well done.

I'm sure I mentioned this before, but I love the sequence where Ralphie tries to make peace with Johnny Sack on the phone regarding Ginny. Tony's analysis of human nature and the way to handle the situation is so spot on.

Another interesting scene:

Elliot Kupferberg drives like a #### in a parking garage and just happens to anger a walking Tony Soprano. As Kupferberg relates the story to Melfi, he frames it like he's the victim. Kupferberg is the #### here, but he uses the anecdote to point out that violence could break out at any time even if you are innocent.

Another interesting scene:

Elliot Kupferberg drives like a #### in a parking garage and just happens to anger a walking Tony Soprano. As Kupferberg relates the story to Melfi, he frames it like he's the victim. Kupferberg is the #### here, but he uses the anecdote to point out that violence could break out at any time even if you are innocent.

:takes sip from mesh water bottle:

• Like 1

And what's with the marbles in Tony's mouth in S6? It was really noticeable re-watching it this week.

Example. He calls his guy in Vegas to get him a suite. Only it comes out "schweet"...

You hear it in almost every sentence that season.

And what's with the marbles in Tony's mouth in S6? It was really noticeable re-watching it this week.

Example. He calls his guy in Vegas to get him a suite. Only it comes out "schweet"...

You hear it in almost every sentence that season.

Yep, that bugged me, too, how they changed how he talked in the last season. I remember reading that they had a dialect coach to make his accent even more Jersey-realistic, but it just seemed odd to change it that much that late in the game.

Somewhat forgotten is the fact the Chase may not even have an answer to the question, "Is Tony dead?" I understand the need for closure - that's expected. But Chase is smart enough to know that the answer to this question is just like the random nature of an aloof universe: unsure and ultimately lonely.

In my opinion, the ending is intentionally left open to personal interpretation. It's literally written on the screen in the scene itself. When Tony is picking the song to play on the tabletop jukebox, there's a closeup of the selections... he picks Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'"... however, the other song paired on the jukebox card is Journey's "Any Way You Want It". It stays on the screen for more than just a brief moment. That kind of thing is absolutely done on purpose.

I remember reading they wanted that song but couldn't get the rights or something like that. It would have made more sense.

Caught Christopher's intervention the other night, that was some great TV. I was rolling.

Yeah, I would guess that scene has been commented on more than any other in this thread, except maybe the final cut-to-black scene.

Edited by Raider Nation

So I'm eating lunch at Vincent's in LI....is Carmine's place around here?

Man do I miss Vincents in LI.
The ziti and meatballs in medium sauce was ridiculous.

Caught Christopher's intervention the other night, that was some great TV. I was rolling.

Yeah, I would guess that scene has been commented on more than any other in this thread, except maybe the final cut-to-black scene.

The look Paulie gives after Ade says to Christopher "you can no longer function as a man" is easily, unequivocably, the most hilarious 1 second of the entire series.

Edited by Hellfire Snail

Damn. This sucks. Not because Gandolfini was a good actor - he obviously was. This sucks because the guy was only 51 and had a wife and kids.

RIP

Hard to believe he was 31 in True Romance.

That role is almost more meanacing than Soprano.