What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** FFA iDating Thread (3 Viewers)

Match for me sucked. TONS of fake profiles and the only site where I think I only met one person off there. Surprised since it seems to work for a lot of people but it wasn't for me.

Match for me sucked. TONS of fake profiles and the only site where I think I only met one person off there. Surprised since it seems to work for a lot of people but it wasn't for me.
I tried Match when I first decided to give online dating a shot like 5 years ago. Granted I probably had zero clue what I was doing at the time in regards to creating a profile or pursuing women online...but I got next to no response to my initial emails for 3 months while being a paying member. Within 48 hours of closing my account, I got like 10 emails...will never try that place again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like match better than eHarmony. My latest run on eHarmony had me get to the email phase with only 2 gals. I'm not very patient.

The last two weeks they started giving me matches that lived 3 hours a way. I'm talking all 7 matches were in a different state altogether even though my settings where for the shortest radius.

You have you veritable pick of the litter at match and can search for certain traits as well as distances. I like match much better personally.

Quick story about how weird women can be.

I met a girl on match a year ago and we actually had a few mutual friends (like 2 mutual friends). First date we met at a bar. This was the hottest girl I've ever been out with. Just drop dead gorgeous. Halfway through the night we are playing darts and she turns around and jams her tongue down my throat. The making out lasts all night, in her car, outside the bar, everywhere.

We go out again - same thing - same scene...bars.

Finally we go out to the movies after hooking up a few times. I kind of tell her I have a thing for her and she says "Ahhh I don't like those kinds of talks, I don't want to hear that." She made clear she had no desire to be in a relationship.

We kind of talked off and on - 6 months later she's a match of mine on eHarmony and still on match to boot - we're even facebook friends. Just odd that a pretty girl like that is on 2 different dating websites but doesn't want a relationship. She can go out to the bars she frequents and pick from any guy she wants to hook up with but she's on dating websites. Then again, maybe I'm just not boyfriend material :shrug:

I didn't ask her to put a ring on her finger for me, just told her I was definitely into her and we should keep hanging out because I had a growing thing for her. She shut me down as soon as those words came out.

Other girls you meet are the exact opposite - if you don't reassure them you like them after 4 dates, they stop talking to you because they can never tell.

Wimmens

I tried when I first decided to give online dating a shot like 5 years ago. Granted I probably had zero clue what I was doing at the time in regards to creating a profile or pursuing women online...but I got next to no response to my initial emails for 3 months while being a paying member. Within 48 hours of closing my account, I got like 10 emails...will never try that place again.
When I tried Match I was pretty experienced and successful with the whole on-line "dating" thing. At that point I had pretty much used all the free sites. Heard nothing but great things so gave it a shot and pretty much was an epic fail. I thought perhaps it's because it's a paid site, I was really baffled. I ended up signing up and paying on another site and like the free sites I was successful. If I was successful with Match I wouldn't have cared that I got a lot of spam e-mails but that compounded my frustration.To cut down on the time you spend you should draft up an email greeting. Mine talks about myself and what I do is usually towards the end add in something that pertains to her (likes football as well or a single parent like myself or loves to cook as I do, etc.) so it doesn't come off as a generic e-mail that she'll think you've sent to many other women.The beginning of my e-mail starts like this and has been a gold mine for me "I'm definitely the man you are looking for but first is this a real profile?" I have never gotten a negative reply back. Here's what I start if off with, may be your style or it may not and obviously you need more than an opening but besides Match I rarely don't get feedback from it. Below is what I use and after the "me" time sentence I'll sometimes put in something that she and I both like or have in common. If her profile is short or I don't see anything that we have in common I won't put anything."I'm definitely the man you are looking for but first is this a real personal profile? To be honest, I never thought I would sign up on a dating website but I know someone who did on here and said it was a great place to find someone who is attractive and smart and has it together and the kind of women I would want to meet so I browsed some of the profiles in here and saw yours and had to reply to you. I love to have fun and always up for anything and I am an excellent cook! I like to exercise and currently doing this workout called Insanity which is killing me. I was born and raised in Texas but lived in NYC for 10 years and I reside in Austin now. I am a single father of two little girls that I have half the time and a huge part of their lives but that also leaves me with 50% of "me" time. Would love to get to know you more so if interested write back:)"ETA: Just enough information but not overload. When she replies I then go into my personality and a bit more detailed oriented. Generally found the few sentence initial e-mail or the one that reads like a book doesn't work. Just enough information to wet their appetite and get them to respond.

Match for me sucked. TONS of fake profiles and the only site where I think I only met one person off there. Surprised since n seems to work for a lot of people but it wasn't for me.
I tried when I first decided to give online dating a shot like 5 years ago. Granted I probably had zero clue what I was doing at the time in regards to creating a profile or pursuing women online...but I got next to no response to my initial emails for 3 months while being a paying member. Within 48 hours of closing my account, I got like 10 emails...will never try that place again.
When I tried Match I was pretty experienced and successful with the whole on-line "dating" thing. At that point I had pretty much used all the free sites. Heard nothing but great things so gave it a shot and pretty much was an epic fail. I thought perhaps it's because it's a paid site, I was really baffled. I ended up signing up and paying on another site and like the free sites I was successful. If I was successful with Match I wouldn't have cared that I got a lot of spam e-mails but that compounded my frustration.To cut down on the time you spend you should draft up an email greeting. Mine talks about myself and what I do is usually towards the end add in something that pertains to her (likes football as well or a single parent like myself or loves to cook as I do, etc.) so it doesn't come off as a generic e-mail that she'll think you've sent to many other women.The beginning of my e-mail starts like this and has been a gold mine for me "I'm definitely the man you are looking for but first is this a real profile?" I have never gotten a negative reply back. Here's what I start if off with, may be your style or it may not and obviously you need more than an opening but besides Match I rarely don't get feedback from it. Below is what I use and after the "me" time sentence I'll sometimes put in something that she and I both like or have in common. If her profile is short or I don't see anything that we have in common I won't put anything."I'm definitely the man you are looking for but first is this a real personal profile? To be honest, I never thought I would sign up on a dating website but I know someone who did on here and said it was a great place to find someone who is attractive and smart and has it together and the kind of women I would want to meet so I browsed some of the profiles in here and saw yours and had to reply to you. I love to have fun and always up for anything and I am an excellent cook! I like to exercise and currently doing this workout called Insanity which is killing me. I was born and raised in Texas but lived in NYC for 10 years and I reside in Austin now. I am a single father of two little girls that I have half the time and a huge part of their lives but that also leaves me with 50% of "me" time. Would love to get to know you more so if interested write back:)"ETA: Just enough information but not overload. When she replies I then go into my personality and a bit more detailed oriented. Generally found the few sentence initial e-mail or the one that reads like a book doesn't work. Just enough information to wet their appetite and get them to respond.
:lmao:That second sentence is brutal. Good grief.

Match for me sucked. TONS of fake profiles and the only site where I think I only met one person off there. Surprised since n seems to work for a lot of people but it wasn't for me.
When I tried Match I was pretty experienced and successful with the whole on-line "dating" thing. At that point I had pretty much used all the free sites. Heard nothing but great things so gave it a shot and pretty much was an epic fail. I thought perhaps it's because it's a paid site, I was really baffled. I ended up signing up and paying on another site and like the free sites I was successful. If I was successful with Match I wouldn't have cared that I got a lot of spam e-mails but that compounded my frustration.To cut down on the time you spend you should draft up an email greeting. Mine talks about myself and what I do is usually towards the end add in something that pertains to her (likes football as well or a single parent like myself or loves to cook as I do, etc.) so it doesn't come off as a generic e-mail that she'll think you've sent to many other women.

The beginning of my e-mail starts like this and has been a gold mine for me "I'm definitely the man you are looking for but first is this a real profile?" I have never gotten a negative reply back. Here's what I start if off with, may be your style or it may not and obviously you need more than an opening but besides Match I rarely don't get feedback from it. Below is what I use and after the "me" time sentence I'll sometimes put in something that she and I both like or have in common. If her profile is short or I don't see anything that we have in common I won't put anything.

"I'm definitely the man you are looking for but first is this a real personal profile? To be honest, I never thought I would sign up on a dating website but I know someone who did on here and said it was a great place to find someone who is attractive and smart and has it together and the kind of women I would want to meet so I browsed some of the profiles in here and saw yours and had to reply to you. I love to have fun and always up for anything and I am an excellent cook! I like to exercise and currently doing this workout called Insanity which is killing me. I was born and raised in Texas but lived in NYC for 10 years and I reside in Austin now. I am a single father of two little girls that I have half the time and a huge part of their lives but that also leaves me with 50% of "me" time. Would love to get to know you more so if interested write back:)"

ETA: Just enough information but not overload. When she replies I then go into my personality and a bit more detailed oriented. Generally found the few sentence initial e-mail or the one that reads like a book doesn't work. Just enough information to wet their appetite and get them to respond.
:lmao: That second sentence is brutal. Good grief.
That's what I was going to say. Wow.I've also never understood the point of sending a message containing a bunch of information about yourself. Isn't it in your profile? If she's interested, she'll read your profile. If not, oh well.

When I tried Match I was pretty experienced and successful with the whole on-line "dating" thing. At that point I had pretty much used all the free sites. Heard nothing but great things so gave it a shot and pretty much was an epic fail. I thought perhaps it's because it's a paid site, I was really baffled. I ended up signing up and paying on another site and like the free sites I was successful. If I was successful with Match I wouldn't have cared that I got a lot of spam e-mails but that compounded my frustration.To cut down on the time you spend you should draft up an email greeting. Mine talks about myself and what I do is usually towards the end add in something that pertains to her (likes football as well or a single parent like myself or loves to cook as I do, etc.) so it doesn't come off as a generic e-mail that she'll think you've sent to many other women.

The beginning of my e-mail starts like this and has been a gold mine for me "I'm definitely the man you are looking for but first is this a real profile?" I have never gotten a negative reply back. Here's what I start if off with, may be your style or it may not and obviously you need more than an opening but besides Match I rarely don't get feedback from it. Below is what I use and after the "me" time sentence I'll sometimes put in something that she and I both like or have in common. If her profile is short or I don't see anything that we have in common I won't put anything.

"I'm definitely the man you are looking for but first is this a real personal profile? To be honest, I never thought I would sign up on a dating website but I know someone who did on here and said it was a great place to find someone who is attractive and smart and has it together and the kind of women I would want to meet so I browsed some of the profiles in here and saw yours and had to reply to you. I love to have fun and always up for anything and I am an excellent cook! I like to exercise and currently doing this workout called Insanity which is killing me. I was born and raised in Texas but lived in NYC for 10 years and I reside in Austin now. I am a single father of two little girls that I have half the time and a huge part of their lives but that also leaves me with 50% of "me" time. Would love to get to know you more so if interested write back:)"

ETA: Just enough information but not overload. When she replies I then go into my personality and a bit more detailed oriented. Generally found the few sentence initial e-mail or the one that reads like a book doesn't work. Just enough information to wet their appetite and get them to respond.
That's what I was going to say. Wow.I've also never understood the point of sending a message containing a bunch of information about yourself. Isn't it in your profile? If she's interested, she'll read your profile. If not, oh well.
Agreed...but if he's found something that works for him then why change it?

To cut down on the time you spend you should draft up an email greeting. Mine talks about myself and what I do is usually towards the end add in something that pertains to her (likes football as well or a single parent like myself or loves to cook as I do, etc.) so it doesn't come off as a generic e-mail that she'll think you've sent to many other women.The beginning of my e-mail starts like this and has been a gold mine for me "I'm definitely the man you are looking for but first is this a real profile?" I have never gotten a negative reply back. Here's what I start if off with, may be your style or it may not and obviously you need more than an opening but besides Match I rarely don't get feedback from it. Below is what I use and after the "me" time sentence I'll sometimes put in something that she and I both like or have in common. If her profile is short or I don't see anything that we have in common I won't put anything."I'm definitely the man you are looking for but first is this a real personal profile? To be honest, I never thought I would sign up on a dating website but I know someone who did on here and said it was a great place to find someone who is attractive and smart and has it together and the kind of women I would want to meet so I browsed some of the profiles in here and saw yours and had to reply to you. I love to have fun and always up for anything and I am an excellent cook! I like to exercise and currently doing this workout called Insanity which is killing me. I was born and raised in Texas but lived in NYC for 10 years and I reside in Austin now. I am a single father of two little girls that I have half the time and a huge part of their lives but that also leaves me with 50% of "me" time. Would love to get to know you more so if interested write back:)"ETA: Just enough information but not overload. When she replies I then go into my personality and a bit more detailed oriented. Generally found the few sentence initial e-mail or the one that reads like a book doesn't work. Just enough information to wet their appetite and get them to respond.
This is a perfect example of different approaches working. This sounds really awful to me on nearly every level. But if it works for you rock on. "Is this a real profile?" :thumbdown: Most people like to talk about themselves. And the more they talk about themselves the more they like you. So talking about yourself instead of asking questions about the other simply seems insane to me. And talking about your personality and a detailed orientation sounds like something woz would do. Whenever in doubt always ask WWWD. Then do the opposite.

'UniAlias said:
'Walton Goggins said:
'jason12vb said:
'Walton Goggins said:
:lmao:That second sentence is brutal. Good grief.
Oh I totally agree but it works, if it didn't I would have changed it up. This took me countless variations. I used to personally write to whoever it was and talk about myself, etc. and probably was like most of the other replies to their profiles. Doesn't stand out. You can't stand out talking about what you like or what you do for a living or your life.

'Disco Stu said:
'UniAlias said:
'Walton Goggins said:
'jason12vb said:
'Walton Goggins said:

Again, this has worked incredibly for me. My profile talks about other things that I don't repeat in the initial contact e-mail. I've found that you have to be brutal from a guy's point of view to get their attention. We aren't wired the same and it's important to know that. What you know sounds bad can be the opposite when a woman reads it.All that said, if I could write a few sentences and that's all it took I would do it. I'm up now between 45 and 50 different chicks so until what I put down doesn't work why change it.

'Dr. Awesome said:
'Walton Goggins said:
To cut down on the time you spend you should draft up an email greeting. Mine talks about myself and what I do is usually towards the end add in something that pertains to her (likes football as well or a single parent like myself or loves to cook as I do, etc.) so it doesn't come off as a generic e-mail that she'll think you've sent to many other women.The beginning of my e-mail starts like this and has been a gold mine for me "I'm definitely the man you are looking for but first is this a real profile?" I have never gotten a negative reply back. Here's what I start if off with, may be your style or it may not and obviously you need more than an opening but besides Match I rarely don't get feedback from it. Below is what I use and after the "me" time sentence I'll sometimes put in something that she and I both like or have in common. If her profile is short or I don't see anything that we have in common I won't put anything."I'm definitely the man you are looking for but first is this a real personal profile? To be honest, I never thought I would sign up on a dating website but I know someone who did on here and said it was a great place to find someone who is attractive and smart and has it together and the kind of women I would want to meet so I browsed some of the profiles in here and saw yours and had to reply to you. I love to have fun and always up for anything and I am an excellent cook! I like to exercise and currently doing this workout called Insanity which is killing me. I was born and raised in Texas but lived in NYC for 10 years and I reside in Austin now. I am a single father of two little girls that I have half the time and a huge part of their lives but that also leaves me with 50% of "me" time. Would love to get to know you more so if interested write back:)"ETA: Just enough information but not overload. When she replies I then go into my personality and a bit more detailed oriented. Generally found the few sentence initial e-mail or the one that reads like a book doesn't work. Just enough information to wet their appetite and get them to respond.
This is a perfect example of different approaches working. This sounds really awful to me on nearly every level. But if it works for you rock on. "Is this a real profile?" :thumbdown: Most people like to talk about themselves. And the more they talk about themselves the more they like you. So talking about yourself instead of asking questions about the other simply seems insane to me. And talking about your personality and a detailed orientation sounds like something woz would do. Whenever in doubt always ask WWWD. Then do the opposite.
Funny but "is this a real profile?" works on a few levels here:1. Most women feel compelled to let you know that they are legit and it isn't spam2. This opens them up on talking about themselves (yes, it's real and I do love to have a great time or whatever they talked about in their profile).3. Willing to bet few men question if they are legit/real4. The first part of the sentence has to be used. I'm telling them I'm the man they are looking for but if they aren't legit in what they said or if it's not real then I'm clearly not. Telling is the key.5. Also conveys to them that you think they are as interesting as they think they are Also key is that I say I am looking for someone who is attractive and smart, I never directly focus on their looks. I am dead serious in that this works more with the better looking women. Most guys will focus about their beauty when replying so what makes you different than the rest if you do the same thing.All that said it's just as important on the follow up and if they find you attractive or interesting. Finally telling them about how it's important having my kids half the time and that I'm involved seems to overshadow the other part of the message. This works for single mothers, this works (shocked at first) in much younger girls on a different level and works for women who say they aren't wanting children.

I understand being set on the content, since it's working for you. But couldn't you split up that ridiculous run-on sentence? There are some smart girls out there. I'm assuming they would cringe when reading that.

Maybe you're trying to weed that group out. :shrug:

I understand being set on the content, since it's working for you. But couldn't you split up that ridiculous run-on sentence? There are some smart girls out there. I'm assuming they would cringe when reading that.Maybe you're trying to weed that group out. :shrug:
Not having it too polished may be a good thing. Looks like I quickly typed it up and sent it to her. I dunno but I have dated all different types from dumb as a rock to a doctor and never got called on it. :shrug:

'Dr. Awesome said:
'Walton Goggins said:
Funny but "is this a real profile?" works on a few levels here:1. Most women feel compelled to let you know that they are legit and it isn't spam2. This opens them up on talking about themselves (yes, it's real and I do love to have a great time or whatever they talked about in their profile).3. Willing to bet few men question if they are legit/real4. The first part of the sentence has to be used. I'm telling them I'm the man they are looking for but if they aren't legit in what they said or if it's not real then I'm clearly not. Telling is the key.5. Also conveys to them that you think they are as interesting as they think they are Also key is that I say I am looking for someone who is attractive and smart, I never directly focus on their looks. I am dead serious in that this works more with the better looking women. Most guys will focus about their beauty when replying so what makes you different than the rest if you do the same thing.All that said it's just as important on the follow up and if they find you attractive or interesting. Finally telling them about how it's important having my kids half the time and that I'm involved seems to overshadow the other part of the message. This works for single mothers, this works (shocked at first) in much younger girls on a different level and works for women who say they aren't wanting children.
I disagree with nearly everything you have written. But since it's working for you I'll say keep up whatever it is you're doing.

Homer, I thought we were friends :( :kicksrock:strykerpks update.....I'm done with iDating. I do better with B&M chicks....had more sex in the past week than Vick's had dogs....Amanda has rode me like twiceKatie wants to F me but she has belly button hair...like REALLY badI met Tina tonight. She's 22, and likes to drink and likes to ####. Met her friend Mandy....she likes to ####. Tina has shotgun on strykerpks's **** but I'd rather work one of these whore's angle's and go with itLB - WORK IT NI**a!!
:lmao:
:goodposting: :lmao:
:lmao:

Not a fan Goggins.

All my emails are 2 paragraphs tops and start with something funny and related to THEIR profile.

The chick I'm going out with tonight said something in her profile about making the best french toast.

I opened with: "I hate French Toast, yours better be dipped in gold or don't bring that crap within 20 feet of me..."

I got a response within 2 hours of my initial contact....you can't bore these chicks to death.

I think everyone is overthinking things. If you look semi-cute to the chick, seem like you're a guy who enjoys life, have a job, and put together something more than "wat up" or "hey cutie" I think you'll get a fine response.

I think everyone is overthinking things. If you look semi-cute to the chick, seem like you're a guy who enjoys life, have a job, and put together something more than "wat up" or "hey cutie" I think you'll get a fine response.
This is true. It should go without saying but also avoid calling them "baby" or "sexy". :XThe point of this thread is to overthink things though. :lol:

'Dr. Awesome said:
'Walton Goggins said:
I disagree with nearly everything you have written. But since it's working for you I'll say keep up whatever it is you're doing.
That's the thing whatever works.Copy/paste what you put down as an opener. Curious.

Not a fan Goggins.All my emails are 2 paragraphs tops and start with something funny and related to THEIR profile.The chick I'm going out with tonight said something in her profile about making the best french toast.I opened with: "I hate French Toast, yours better be dipped in gold or don't bring that crap within 20 feet of me..."I got a response within 2 hours of my initial contact....you can't bore these chicks to death.
As I mentioned I add something before the final sentence that has something to do with what they've said. It's a waste of time to write individual e-mails to each girl. This works for me.That quote you wrote isn't even funny.A funny thing I've either put in my profile or when asked "what do I do" is say1. Professional hopscotch player2. Disposable lighter repairman#1 had a great stretch and surprised how many women seemed fascinated by this.

You're probably right. I'm a good looking dude and know what I like and want. I have a good job, make good money, have my own home and active and a single father. I'm extremely confident as well. MOST guys (good looks or not) seem to be timid, not confident and hear that a lot from girls who are tired of guys who won't take the lead. My thoughts are always I'm going to get that girl if not no biggie plenty of others waiting.

Girls laugh at stuff that guys don't. If you send something different and neg them a bit by telling them what #### french toast is, you will get them to look twice at you.

At any rate, now let's argue over what we think girls think is funny and what's not.

This thread has devolved miserably over the past few pages and I don't know what or who the lowest common denominator is but if, by chance, it's me- I'm going to check out of here. GLTA

Copy/paste what you put down as an opener. Curious.
I'll vary it based on whatever is in their profile or their pictures. I no longer toss as many lines in the water as I'm a bit burned out with nailing everything I can. When I was in that mode I had a stock email that said little more than "Hi!" Then asked one question about something specific they wrote in their profile. That's it. It works really well. If I was in a funny/shtick mood I'd write a longer rambling email that shot off onto various tangents including waffle houses, lab rats, Mel Gibson, lasagna, and midgets. Or I'd write an email asking myself all the questions women eventually ask you and respond to those questions. Those had a lower response rate but when it hit it REALLY hit. I would do those when I got bored with the standard nonsense.

Girls laugh at stuff that guys don't. If you send something different and neg them a bit by telling them what #### french toast is, you will get them to look twice at you.
:goodposting:Cheesy/corny funny is a good thing when it comes to girls.FWIW, I never had any opener to copy/paste. It depends completely on what the girl gives me to work with. The common denominator is that it's short and light. The goal is to make her laugh and get her to look at my profile, which should again get her laughing. My OKCupid profile was almost completely ridiculous but got a ton of attention. So many profiles are painfully dull and cookie cutter.

:goodposting: Cheesy/corny funny is a good thing when it comes to girls.

FWIW, I never had any opener to copy/paste. It depends completely on what the girl gives me to work with. The common denominator is that it's short and light. The goal is to make her laugh and get her to look at my profile, which should again get her laughing. My OKCupid profile was almost completely ridiculous but got a ton of attention. So many profiles are painfully dull and cookie cutter.
The most successful email I did with Match was with the subject line of: "Have you ever wrestled an alligator?" and then in the email I would write "Just curious, since you didn't mention it in your profile." Or: "Well, have you?" I did that once to amuse myself but I got a response almost immediately and it seemed to work every time thereafter. Go figure.

So many profiles are painfully dull and cookie cutter.
On this topic, if you have some variation of any of these cliches in your profile, delete them immediately. And punch yourself in the face."Sometimes I like to go out, and sometimes I like to stay in."

Well, no ####. Sometimes I like to be awake, sometimes I like to sleep.

"Comfortable in a t-shirt and jeans or a suit (or evening gown for the FBGals)."

EVERYONE says this!!

"I like all kinds of music."

Code for I have no taste in music and will listen to whatever garbage happens to be in my immediate area.

"I’m tired of drama / games."

Too negative and implies baggage.

"Love to have fun."

I hate fun. Fun is the worst. #### off.

"I can’t believe I’m doing this, my friend said I should try online dating, etc."

We're all here. No reason to make excuses like you're my son's teacher I just ran into at the strip club.

"I work hard and play hard."

Throat punch.

:goodposting: Cheesy/corny funny is a good thing when it comes to girls.

FWIW, I never had any opener to copy/paste. It depends completely on what the girl gives me to work with. The common denominator is that it's short and light. The goal is to make her laugh and get her to look at my profile, which should again get her laughing. My OKCupid profile was almost completely ridiculous but got a ton of attention. So many profiles are painfully dull and cookie cutter.
The most successful email I did with Match was with the subject line of: "Have you ever wrestled an alligator?" and then in the email I would write "Just curious, since you didn't mention it in your profile." Or: "Well, have you?" I did that once to amuse myself but I got a response almost immediately and it seemed to work every time thereafter. Go figure.
:lmao: If I didn't amuse myself, I would have tired of this quickly.

On this topic, if you have some variation of any of these cliches in your profile, delete them immediately. And punch yourself in the face."Sometimes I like to go out, and sometimes I like to stay in."

"Comfortable in a t-shirt and jeans or a suit (or evening gown for the FBGals)."

EVERYONE says this!!

Code for I have no taste in music and will listen to whatever garbage happens to be in my immediate area.

"Love to have fun."

"I can’t believe I’m doing this, my friend said I should try online dating, etc."

We're all here. No reason to make excuses like you're my son's teacher I just ran into at the strip club.

Throat punch.
Amen - I like to go out and I like to stay in is the WORST

EVERYONE says this!!

"Love to have fun."

Throat punch.
Someone should post the above advice in their profile and report back. I bet the response will be favorable (from the non-vapid chicks at least).

EVERYONE says this!!

"Love to have fun."

Throat punch.
Someone should post the above advice in their profile and report back. I bet the response will be favorable (from the non-vapid chicks at least).
in

It got approved. :lmao:

I threw some Athol in there also.

I went out to dinner right after last post.

Came back just now and have an "interest" :pickle:

Disco Stu :bow:

Not a fan Goggins.

All my emails are 2 paragraphs tops and start with something funny and related to THEIR profile.

The chick I'm going out with tonight said something in her profile about making the best french toast.

I opened with: "I hate French Toast, yours better be dipped in gold or don't bring that crap within 20 feet of me..."

I got a response within 2 hours of my initial contact....you can't bore these chicks to death.
As I mentioned I add something before the final sentence that has something to do with what they've said. It's a waste of time to write individual e-mails to each girl. This works for me.That quote you wrote isn't even funny.

A funny thing I've either put in my profile or when asked "what do I do" is say

1. Professional hopscotch player

2. Disposable lighter repairman

#1 had a great stretch and surprised how many women seemed fascinated by this.
:lmao: You should do standup comedy with those lines.I do agree to keep doing whatever works until it gets tired. That stupid polar bear line actually worked for quite a while.
When I decided to completely change up my OKC profile and said I was a Professional Hopscotch player and my prior job was as a disposable lighter repairman I started getting girls emailing me off the bat. I also said I travel around the world to compete and keep my high ranking. Under what 6 things can you not live without I put chalk as one of them.Think the point is you can pretty much do anything if they find you attractive. Hell I've even used the e-mail line "I'm surprised you didn't e-mail me when I signed up on this site" line and it worked.

EVERYONE says this!!

"Love to have fun."

Throat punch.
I need to change up one of my profiles, I'll try this and report back if I get any responses.

'Disco Stu said:
'UniAlias said:
'Walton Goggins said:
'jason12vb said:
'Walton Goggins said:

Got another e-mail today from a 5'0 Asian/Black mix girl, very attractive...anyway I used that "brutal" e-mail and got this response which is similar than the others I get."I just adore your confidence. So your the man for me huh? Well we certainly have a few common interest. I love experimenting with new cuisines so anytime I come across a food fan that also enjoys cooking it definitely is a plus. Even though I don't mind being in the kitchen taking all of its heat. It feels great knowing sometimes a seat on the passenger side is available. And by the way can you elaborate on your question regarding the personal profile.

Insanity? You must be insane. lol I have friend a friend on the same quest. So I know what your going through. I recently took a jab at the P90X, however I sort of took a leave of absence on the account of a "prolonged" injury lol. Anywho ttyl"

'Disco Stu said:
'UniAlias said:
'Walton Goggins said:
'jason12vb said:
'Walton Goggins said:

Got another e-mail today from a 5'0 Asian/Black mix girl, very attractive...anyway I used that "brutal" e-mail and got this response which is similar than the others I get."I just adore your confidence. So your the man for me huh? Well we certainly have a few common interest. I love experimenting with new cuisines so anytime I come across a food fan that also enjoys cooking it definitely is a plus. Even though I don't mind being in the kitchen taking all of its heat. It feels great knowing sometimes a seat on the passenger side is available. And by the way can you elaborate on your question regarding the personal profile.

Insanity? You must be insane. lol I have friend a friend on the same quest. So I know what your going through. I recently took a jab at the P90X, however I sort of took a leave of absence on the account of a "prolonged" injury lol. Anywho ttyl"
Sure enough, the profile question piqued her curiosity. Impressive.And the reply to her kitchen comment is easy... "if you can't stand the heat, why don't I take you out to dinner?"

"It feels great knowing sometimes a seat on the passenger side is available." :confused: :excited: :popcorn:

Sure enough, the profile question piqued her curiosity. Impressive.And the reply to her kitchen comment is easy... "if you can't stand the heat, why don't I take you out to dinner?"

"It feels great knowing sometimes a seat on the passenger side is available." :confused: :excited: :popcorn:
:thumbup:

EVERYONE says this!!

"Love to have fun."

Throat punch.
I may do this since I'm on a break (read: too lazy to do the dating dance right now). Years ago, I had a pretty negative profile on Yahoo (I think) - all stuff I didn't want. Got by far the most responses I've ever gotten for a personal ad. A bunch of them were screeds about me being an eilitist pig, but also a lot of them positive. Of course, back then, I lived in an area where there were tons of educated women. Now I'm in a more....um, rural area where "educated" means having finished 6th grade before breeding.

If I do this, I'll post a link for suggestions.

That "I can go from jeans to gown in 60 seconds" crap is like fingernails on a blackboard to me.

Same boat as Uruk. I'm gonna shut it down for a few weeks. Got 5 numbers to work with from latest stint. All of them want to grab a drink so I'll narrow it down from there.

It's such a headache sometimes going through it over and over.

Same boat as Uruk. I'm gonna shut it down for a few weeks. Got 5 numbers to work with from latest stint. All of them want to grab a drink so I'll narrow it down from there. It's such a headache sometimes going through it over and over.
I dunno, Reg.....maybe it's because I'm getting old (going on 50). I know men are supposed to be walking erections (& I like sex as much as the next guy), but I go through periods where I just don't feel like putting in the effort. Then all of a sudden, one day about every three or four months I'll carpet-bomb the entire area with messages. That's usually good enough to grab as many dates as I want, but then I get bored with it after a short while. I'm not looking to get married again - done it twice and finally realized I'm not good at it. And I rarely feel lonely. So there's no clock ticking for me and I'm ok with rolling solo most of the time.

Same boat as Uruk. I'm gonna shut it down for a few weeks. Got 5 numbers to work with from latest stint. All of them want to grab a drink so I'll narrow it down from there. It's such a headache sometimes going through it over and over.
I dunno, Reg.....maybe it's because I'm getting old (going on 50). I know men are supposed to be walking erections (& I like sex as much as the next guy), but I go through periods where I just don't feel like putting in the effort. Then all of a sudden, one day about every three or four months I'll carpet-bomb the entire area with messages. That's usually good enough to grab as many dates as I want, but then I get bored with it after a short while. I'm not looking to get married again - done it twice and finally realized I'm not good at it. And I rarely feel lonely. So there's no clock ticking for me and I'm ok with rolling solo most of the time.
Sounds exactly like my M.O. I live alone in a new city. No family (close by), no friends (close by) and work for myself---75% of the time I'm ok with itThen I drink a 5th of jack and sign back up one night on a whim. Also divorced and not looking for anything other than some companionship with the right chick or sexor with the right chick for that. That's basically how I roll

I'm 29 and don't bother trying to nail all I can either. I went on a frenzy after my last breakup and realized it bored me and left a dull taste in my mouth. I realize it's not popular to say this in here but I actually want a relationship with someone cool and have no interest in dealing with the massive piles of crap or hooking up with anything that moves.

My membership on Match is about to run out and I am contemplating not renewing. I'm just not getting responses from the chicks I want to meet. I'm newly single following a divorce, mid-30s, single father (daughter lives w/me part-time) and hold a good job with a good degree. I am not looking for a serious relationship right away or just one-and-done hook-ups... really, just casual dating that might lead to something eventually. Oh, and I'd also like to meet educated, professional and reasonably attractive chicks (they don't have to be perfect 10 FBG knockouts).

So what's the best site for what I'm looking for? I don't mind using a pay site, but EHarmony gives me the impression of being a bit too serious. I made a quick scan of POF which gave me the impression of having a lot of fat chicks or chicks not financially stable enough to scrape together $20 for Match.

My membership on Match is about to run out and I am contemplating not renewing. I'm just not getting responses from the chicks I want to meet. I'm newly single following a divorce, mid-30s, single father (daughter lives w/me part-time) and hold a good job with a good degree. I am not looking for a serious relationship right away or just one-and-done hook-ups... really, just casual dating that might lead to something eventually. Oh, and I'd also like to meet educated, professional and reasonably attractive chicks (they don't have to be perfect 10 FBG knockouts).So what's the best site for what I'm looking for? I don't mind using a pay site, but EHarmony gives me the impression of being a bit too serious. I made a quick scan of POF which gave me the impression of having a lot of fat chicks or chicks not financially stable enough to scrape together $20 for Match.
Go with eHarmony. i had that impression of eHarmony as well. And moved from match to there and have had much more success. I would say in general most people are looking for what you are.

My membership on Match is about to run out and I am contemplating not renewing. I'm just not getting responses from the chicks I want to meet. I'm newly single following a divorce, mid-30s, single father (daughter lives w/me part-time) and hold a good job with a good degree. I am not looking for a serious relationship right away or just one-and-done hook-ups... really, just casual dating that might lead to something eventually. Oh, and I'd also like to meet educated, professional and reasonably attractive chicks (they don't have to be perfect 10 FBG knockouts).So what's the best site for what I'm looking for? I don't mind using a pay site, but EHarmony gives me the impression of being a bit too serious. I made a quick scan of POF which gave me the impression of having a lot of fat chicks or chicks not financially stable enough to scrape together $20 for Match.
Go with eHarmony. i had that impression of eHarmony as well. And moved from match to there and have had much more success. I would say in general most people are looking for what you are.
Interesting to hear. And you think this applies even for chicks in their mid-30s? I have the fear that all of the chicks that age on that site are desperate to marry and get impregnated ASAP.

Users who are viewing this thread