Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

How to deal with people at work?

CicncyKid

I have been lucky enough to have been combined into a group with one of these people. I will be sharing a larger office with this lady and I am not too happy about it. There are two people of about 150 employees that like this lady. I haven't had to deal with her yet, but I have been told "watch out", "she will try to get you", "she will go around your back", "she is as evil as they are made", "setup a barrier between you two or else". Now I like my job and I don't want to start looking just because of this loser. I know some of you have been in similar situations before. What did you do?

By the way my manager likes me and I feel I have the inside track on a promotion that would put me over this lady in the future. As it is now I am her peer. Please, advice is needed. Serious replies are even more helpful.

Thanks.

You gotta get right down to her level and outdo her at every turn.

If she is being petty, be just a little pettier. If she is being sneaky, be just a little sneakier. If she is being bigoted, be just a little more bigoted. Make sure that she realizes that she simply cannot win with these tactics and that everything she tries ends up backfiring on her. You will soon win her over to your side.

It's worked for me at every job I've had.

Seriously? Don't ever ##### or complain in front of her and never tell her anything of substance. Just the facts ma'am. Be cordial to her. That alone will probably make you look better in her eyes compared to everyone else. Treat her with the same respect you do the rest of your employees. Everyone else probably treats her like #### (even if its her own fault).

My strategy for people like this is to be super nice to them. Go out of your way to say hello, smile, etc at least a couple times a week. But if she goes rat face on you, then behind the scenes, do everything in your power to undermine and destroy her. Good luck.

How to deal with people at workthat are sneaky, petty, and bigoted

Do you mean like the Dutch? Because those people are just born petty.
Well, it's actually not really the Dutch. It's people who pretend to be Dutch but are something else. Pretty sneaky of them.

Be as nice as possible without being fake. Never tell her anything of value. Be open to listening to her complaints about everyone even when you don't agree. Hopefully she will not see you as a threat and will focus her backstabbing on others, and hopefully most will see her as the nut.

Archived