What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Turfwar.com (2 Viewers)

I may be crazy, but I'm not THAT crazy... This has happened to me before in Fantasy leagues. A close game changes the score, causing one person to lose a close game. Most times, it doesn't cost you $3000 though. :confused:
you had better just be happy you got some decent $...1 more completion by Manning and I get your 2K :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Turf, did the week 4 winners get sent out?

I know on the week of the 8th - 12th i got that email saying the checks were cut and sent for week 3 winners and i recieved my check last thursday for week 3 but i didn't get a email last week ( 15th - 19th ) about the week 4 checks. Which judging by the schedule of week 3, i should be getting my winnings thursday but should have recieved an email last week about it

Just seeing if a mail was sent out this week

Hey Turf, did the week 4 winners get sent out? I know on the week of the 8th - 12th i got that email saying the checks were cut and sent for week 3 winners and i recieved my check last thursday for week 3 but i didn't get a email last week ( 15th - 19th ) about the week 4 checks. Which judging by the schedule of week 3, i should be getting my winnings thursday but should have recieved an email last week about itJust seeing if a mail was sent out this week
Just went out late yesterday.

Hey Turf, did the week 4 winners get sent out? I know on the week of the 8th - 12th i got that email saying the checks were cut and sent for week 3 winners and i recieved my check last thursday for week 3 but i didn't get a email last week ( 15th - 19th ) about the week 4 checks. Which judging by the schedule of week 3, i should be getting my winnings thursday but should have recieved an email last week about itJust seeing if a mail was sent out this week
I didn't get my e-mail yet either for my week 4 winnings.

Because we didn't receive your form until Monday the 15th. You'll get an email when that group of checks goes out end of this week.

Because we didn't receive your form until Monday the 15th. You'll get an email when that group of checks goes out end of this week.
I wasn't questoning it! lol...Just letting him know I didn't get my emial either. Check your Pm's!

Turf Warrior said:
delusional said:
Was that the email that went out late yesterday or the actual checks?

Turf Warrior said:
delusional said:
Just a reminder guys, your check deliveries are based on when we receive your winner verification forms, not the week in which you won. Some people get us their forms in two days, others (for some reason) wait two weeks or more to send theirs in. Sooner we get them back, sooner you get paid.

Turf Warrior said:
delusional said:
Just a reminder guys, your check deliveries are based on when we receive your winner verification forms, not the week in which you won. Some people get us their forms in two days, others (for some reason) wait two weeks or more to send theirs in. Sooner we get them back, sooner you get paid.
O i know, i actually sent the week 4 notification in faster then I did on week 3. The day I got that email, printed it, stamped it, mailed it in an hour. That is why i was wondering why I never recieved a email this week.

Turf Warrior said:
delusional said:

I know on the week of the 8th - 12th i got that email saying the checks were cut and sent for week 3 winners and i recieved my check last thursday for week 3 but i didn't get a email last week ( 15th - 19th ) about the week 4 checks. Which judging by the schedule of week 3, i should be getting my winnings thursday but should have recieved an email last week about it

O i know, i actually sent the week 4 notification in faster then I did on week 3. The day I got that email, printed it, stamped it, mailed it in an hour. That is why i was wondering why I never recieved a email this week.
No..this.

Turf Warrior said:
delusional said:

No..this.
Ah on wed they usually send a email out to the winners in each bracket. Its a form to fill out that you mail in.

Turf Warrior said:
delusional said:

No..this.
Ah on wed they usually send a email out to the winners in each bracket. Its a form to fill out that you mail in.
Whats on it, im just curius sorry.

So are any of the money winners leery about having to put their social security number on the form that is necessary to claim the prize?I emailed them about this and received this response:

Hi .........,According to our attorneys we need that information for our records inthe event of an IRS audit. I can assure you that your personalinformation is completely confidential. Without that info we simplycannot release the funds - sorry. I hope that this isn't a dealbreaker for you because we'd love to mail you a check.Regards,Jeff Pester
I have no reason not to believe Jeff, but frankly sending my SS# to anyone that isn't my banker or IRA company (or I suppose my employer) kinda scares me a bit.
I'm with you Elway, this contest just does not pass the smell test. Has anybody out there actually received a cheque and had it clear their bank? Have any FBG sent in the "Game Winner" form and purchased more credits with their CC? If so, then someone at Box 3609 Minn,MN has your name,address,phone no.,SSN and a valid CC no. This may not bother you but it would scare the hell out of me.Over the past couple of days I've been looking at dozens of entries on weeks 4-7. Almost all of the contests appear to have less than 500 entries. If they actually pay the $25,000 each week and every entry is a paid one (no freebies) then they must be losing at least $10,000 - $12,000 per week.If this is the case then this: 1) is a site run by very rich, very generous people 2) is a site run by complete (rich) idiots 3) is a scam that would make the Nigerians very proud.I e-mailed David and Joe with my concerns and suggested they phone me. David e-mailed me back "You need to take it up with the turfwar guys. We have nothing to do with these guys (except that they have bought advertising from us)." Well at least David doesn't seem to be concerned.I sure hope that I'm over-reacting, but...........

So are any of the money winners leery about having to put their social security number on the form that is necessary to claim the prize?I emailed them about this and received this response:

Hi .........,According to our attorneys we need that information for our records inthe event of an IRS audit. I can assure you that your personalinformation is completely confidential. Without that info we simplycannot release the funds - sorry. I hope that this isn't a dealbreaker for you because we'd love to mail you a check.Regards,Jeff Pester
I have no reason not to believe Jeff, but frankly sending my SS# to anyone that isn't my banker or IRA company (or I suppose my employer) kinda scares me a bit.
I'm with you Elway, this contest just does not pass the smell test. Has anybody out there actually received a cheque and had it clear their bank? Have any FBG sent in the "Game Winner" form and purchased more credits with their CC? If so, then someone at Box 3609 Minn,MN has your name,address,phone no.,SSN and a valid CC no. This may not bother you but it would scare the hell out of me.Over the past couple of days I've been looking at dozens of entries on weeks 4-7. Almost all of the contests appear to have less than 500 entries. If they actually pay the $25,000 each week and every entry is a paid one (no freebies) then they must be losing at least $10,000 - $12,000 per week.If this is the case then this: 1) is a site run by very rich, very generous people 2) is a site run by complete (rich) idiots 3) is a scam that would make the Nigerians very proud.I e-mailed David and Joe with my concerns and suggested they phone me. David e-mailed me back "You need to take it up with the turfwar guys. We have nothing to do with these guys (except that they have bought advertising from us)." Well at least David doesn't seem to be concerned.I sure hope that I'm over-reacting, but...........
I emailed you back as well about 5 minutes after I received your email. I also forwarded it to Jeff Pester that owns Turfwar and I'm sure he'll get an answer to your questions. As you said, we have no connection to TurfWar other than they have purchased advertising from us. They come to us recommended from people I trust (Paul Charchain, former Fanball exec, and Jeff is a professional guy that seems like he's running a nice business. I have met with him in person. I'm honestly not sure more what we can do there other than try and help you find out answers to your concerns. J

Just went to the turfwars site. My account balance has not been updated, they are still showing last weeks games and no one from turfwars has come on this thread to explain why. This may not end well.

Just went to the turfwars site. My account balance has not been updated, they are still showing last weeks games and no one from turfwars has come on this thread to explain why. This may not end well.
I signed up too, and was wondering when this weeks games will be posted. I will play for free on their credits and go from there, but you guys are bringing up some good points.

qazqaz11 said:
Same here. I sent them a email

Joe Bryant said:
qazqaz11 said:

I emailed you back as well about 5 minutes after I received your email. I also forwarded it to Jeff Pester that owns Turfwar and I'm sure he'll get an answer to your questions. As you said, we have no connection to TurfWar other than they have purchased advertising from us. They come to us recommended from people I trust (Paul Charchain, former Fanball exec, and Jeff is a professional guy that seems like he's running a nice business. I have met with him in person. I'm honestly not sure more what we can do there other than try and help you find out answers to your concerns. J
Good Morning Everyone,To begin, we have mailed out over 100 checks since our game started, including several to FBG members. Some of them have posted on this thread that they have received their checks. Several more will be receiving checks over the next few days/weeks. We can only process winners forms when we receive them and several people for whatever reason wait days or weeks to send theirs in. Furthermore, we don't have any control over whether winners post the fact that they've received their checks or not. I certainly hope that those FBG's that receive checks will post that info.Secondly, we are trying to build a customer base and in doing so we offer 4 free game credits so you can try it for free. We don't require you to pay in advance. If you wish to purchase additional game credits you may do so at your discretion - we clearly are not trying to get any money from you upfront to try the game.Thirdly, most contests of this sort pay out their prize winnings 4 - 6 weeks after receipt of the winner verification forms. We are trying to cut that time to 3 weeks. I know that people want instant gratification but just take a deep breath here.As far as SSN's are concerned, this is an IRS & state requirement for us as we pay out cash prizes. That information is kept under lock and key, but if you are not comfortable giving that information out you might consider not participating in our contest. Partcipation in our contest is voluntary.Finally, the reason we haven't opened up the contest this morning is that we are monitoring the situation with the fires in Southern California as it may affect the SD/HOU game scheduled to be played in San Diego. Right now we are planning to open the contests by noon CT.For all of you who are skeptical you might just want to wait for a few weeks until you see more posts of checks received/cashed or whatever will make you more comfortable. As you can see thus far we have been open, honest, and extremely responsive to date. My hope this morning is that some of you who have been on the receiving end of our previous customer service requests will help us by posting whatever you feel is appropriate.Thanks for your time this morning - good luck this weekend.

Joe Bryant said:
qazqaz11 said:

Good Morning Everyone,To begin, we have mailed out over 100 checks since our game started, including several to FBG members. Some of them have posted on this thread that they have received their checks. Several more will be receiving checks over the next few days/weeks. We can only process winners forms when we receive them and several people for whatever reason wait days or weeks to send theirs in. Furthermore, we don't have any control over whether winners post the fact that they've received their checks or not. I certainly hope that those FBG's that receive checks will post that info.Secondly, we are trying to build a customer base and in doing so we offer 4 free game credits so you can try it for free. We don't require you to pay in advance. If you wish to purchase additional game credits you may do so at your discretion - we clearly are not trying to get any money from you upfront to try the game.Thirdly, most contests of this sort pay out their prize winnings 4 - 6 weeks after receipt of the winner verification forms. We are trying to cut that time to 3 weeks. I know that people want instant gratification but just take a deep breath here.As far as SSN's are concerned, this is an IRS & state requirement for us as we pay out cash prizes. That information is kept under lock and key, but if you are not comfortable giving that information out you might consider not participating in our contest. Partcipation in our contest is voluntary.Finally, the reason we haven't opened up the contest this morning is that we are monitoring the situation with the fires in Southern California as it may affect the SD/HOU game scheduled to be played in San Diego. Right now we are planning to open the contests by noon CT.For all of you who are skeptical you might just want to wait for a few weeks until you see more posts of checks received/cashed or whatever will make you more comfortable. As you can see thus far we have been open, honest, and extremely responsive to date. My hope this morning is that some of you who have been on the receiving end of our previous customer service requests will help us by posting whatever you feel is appropriate.Thanks for your time this morning - good luck this weekend.
Thanks for quickly responding to my email Jeff.Let's also move this over to the League forum. With as much focus as there is on keeping the Shark Pool focused on NFL news and analysis, that's really the proper forum. You guys can keep the discussion going there.J

Joe Bryant said:
qazqaz11 said:

Thanks for quickly responding to my email Jeff.Let's also move this over to the League forum. With as much focus as there is on keeping the Shark Pool focused on NFL news and analysis, that's really the proper forum. You guys can keep the discussion going there.J
Thanks Joe, good idea!

Hey Turf,

Could you possibly accept a signed+scanned+emailed version of your winner form? Might help expedite things a bit. And I know some of the poker rooms, etc. used to take scanned or faxed forms. Just an idea I thought could help.

Hey Turf,Could you possibly accept a signed+scanned+emailed version of your winner form? Might help expedite things a bit. And I know some of the poker rooms, etc. used to take scanned or faxed forms. Just an idea I thought could help.
Our attorneys have advised us that we need to receive forms with original signatures.

For those of your saying that something is up because rosters arent up yet are crazy. As for the fact that they need our ss numbers by law, has anyone checked into this?

Turf - I sent you a PM on this a couple days ago but havent heard back. can you clarify this:

blue_terms_of_use.png
This Game is intended for play only within the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (except the states of Connecticut, Louisiana, Montana, and Vermont) and Canada (except Quebec). U.S. law governs this Game.

This Game is only open to U.S. residents, eighteen (18) years of age or older only. This Game is void in all U.S. Territories (e.g. Guam and Puerto Rico) and where prohibited by law.

Can this game be played (and paid out to) Canadians or only U.S. residents.

Turf - I sent you a PM on this a couple days ago but havent heard back. can you clarify this:

blue_terms_of_use.png
This Game is intended for play only within the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (except the states of Connecticut, Louisiana, Montana, and Vermont) and Canada (except Quebec). U.S. law governs this Game.

This Game is only open to U.S. residents, eighteen (18) years of age or older only. This Game is void in all U.S. Territories (e.g. Guam and Puerto Rico) and where prohibited by law.

Sorry, thought I had gotten back to you. Yes, Canadians can play with the exception of residents of Quebec. We'll be updated the wording on the site shortly.

Butch & Sundance said:
I will take the first Leap of Faith. I should be getting a Check this week. I am buying my MAC today. I will even tell you who I am. My wife is on Staff here at Football Guys (that should not be hard to figure out who). I have met Joe twice and he is a really great guy. If his freinds trust Jeff, than so do I. Jeff has also been extremly Helpful whenever I have had a question. You guys are correct IF it is a scam it was done very well. Shame on us. If it is I will devote my time and energy to taking corrective action. But I really think it is true. Jeff would have taken the money and run by now. I will scan my check if anyone wants me too. ThanksK
If your going to put in this much time in effort, you dont cut and run that quick. The fact that people recieve or dont recieve checks doestn have me convinced, but doesnt matter i havent won anything yet.

blue_terms_of_use.png

Sorry, thought I had gotten back to you. Yes, Canadians can play with the exception of residents of Quebec. We'll be updated the wording on the site shortly.
TY :goodposting:

@ qazqaz

I did get my winnings from week 3 already. I said that a page or two back. Back in week 3 i was 10th in the all bracket which was $150. I don't have the check since I cashed it but if I can ill scan the envelope & letter that came along with the check along with the iron man stamp :hey:

@ Turf

I was wondering since there seem to be some people who have won mulitple weeks ( like myself in week 3 and 4 ) , would it be easier or allowed to just have an email sent to that person to verify if they place in the money for future weeks? Thats if they already sent in the verification form to begin with. I know how the post office can be, I worked there for a while and mail does get lost...alot..alot more then you would think lol.

@ qazqaz I did get my winnings from week 3 already. I said that a page or two back. Back in week 3 i was 10th in the all bracket which was $150. I don't have the check since I cashed it but if I can ill scan the envelope & letter that came along with the check along with the iron man stamp :football: @ Turf I was wondering since there seem to be some people who have won mulitple weeks ( like myself in week 3 and 4 ) , would it be easier or allowed to just have an email sent to that person to verify if they place in the money for future weeks? Thats if they already sent in the verification form to begin with. I know how the post office can be, I worked there for a while and mail does get lost...alot..alot more then you would think lol.
We are required to have a separate signed form for each cash disbursement that we make indicating the week in which you won and the amount of the payout. If you already have that form from a previous win you can save yourself a day or two by filling it out after the results become final late Tuesday and sending it to us right away.

Hey Turf,

Could you possibly accept a signed+scanned+emailed version of your winner form? Might help expedite things a bit. And I know some of the poker rooms, etc. used to take scanned or faxed forms. Just an idea I thought could help.
Our attorneys have advised us that we need to receive forms with original signatures.
I just realized it doesn't matter for me anyway due to this: This Game is intended for play only within the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (except the states of Connecticut, Louisiana, Montana, and Vermont) and Canada (except Quebec). U.S. law governs this Game. I looked for this when signing up under rules, but I guess I never clicked the Terms of Use link. SONOVA! :lol: Oh well it was fun anyway...I guess the house keeps my $75 or will it go to the next guy in line (opening up another spot in the prize pool)?

Whatever law we have that prohibits this is just plain fn dumb

Here's a suggestion, you could perhaps not allow people from those 4 states to register? I mean to physically not allow them to register on the registration form?

Hey Turf,

I just realized it doesn't matter for me anyway due to this: This Game is intended for play only within the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (except the states of Connecticut, Louisiana, Montana, and Vermont) and Canada (except Quebec). U.S. law governs this Game. I looked for this when signing up under rules, but I guess I never clicked the Terms of Use link. SONOVA! :moneybag: Oh well it was fun anyway...I guess the house keeps my $75 or will it go to the next guy in line (opening up another spot in the prize pool)?

Whatever law we have that prohibits this is just plain fn dumb

Here's a suggestion, you could perhaps not allow people from those 4 states to register? I mean to physically not allow them to register on the registration form?
Just edit your address to your cousin's one state over.

Hey guys,

Still giddy over my 2nd place overall finish, I just finished posting my latest article on FFAuthority.com helping you pick your positional challenge questions. The main reason I vaulted to #2 in the main pool was I got the Dallas Clark question correct when no one else in the top 5 (at the time!) got it correct.

Tonight, I posted my Early Games analysis. Tommorow night, I will post my Late Game analysis and Friday I will post my All Games analysis.

Thanks,

Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread