What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Philip Rivers Thread (2 Viewers)

Screw this piece of garbage, his garbage coach and his garbage team.
Player evaluations based on the first quarter of a game always go well.
Yeah. Except this poster wasnt evaluating rivers based on the first qtr tonight. He is evaluating rivers over the last 6+ games in which he has way underperformed his draft status and killed his fantasy teams. When people are speculating that he must be injured, that's a pretty good sign that he has been sucking...in addition to watching him suck.
I'm sorry your fantasy football QB isn't getting you the points you want, but Philip Rivers is still one of the best QBs in the NFL. And he looks pretty good tonight, aside from the one pick.
erp...2 INT's tonight for Rivers
That was a tipped ball. Not really the same in this context.

Yeah. Except this poster wasnt evaluating rivers based on the first qtr tonight. He is evaluating rivers over the last 6+ games in which he has way underperformed his draft status and killed his fantasy teams. When people are speculating that he must be injured, that's a pretty good sign that he has been sucking...in addition to watching him suck.
I'm sorry your fantasy football QB isn't getting you the points you want, but Philip Rivers is still one of the best QBs in the NFL. And he looks pretty good tonight, aside from the one pick.
They all count on the scoresheet nevertheless. No making excuses for Franchise QB's who are not playing up to their star billing. Rivers sucks out loud right now, and he has to prove he doesn't with results on the field and in the boxscore.

The reason rivers hasn't played well this season is simple - BAD DECISIONS. Almost all his picks should never have been thrown. Especially the picks in the red zone were just plain wtf moments.
Do others see what I saw/see (not saying I was correct, but its what my observation of Rivers led me to believe)...
--But many times he has already made up his mind where he throwing deep when he leaves the huddle... and if that person is covered, here comes a bad bad decision and throw when he tries to make a read during the play and change off to the next receiver. He does dump the ball off very well and even got into some issues over his continuance to dump. Not that it s bad thing and not that the Chargers dont use it a ton anyway. But he was not finding his second and third options on deeper routes when they needed large amount of yardage and his primary was covered.

and the Chargers have been garbage for years. and Norv Turner has be garbage even longer. Add VJax to the list of sucks that suck.

holy christ, Philip Rivers has six kids? now I really hate him.

He looked pretty damn confused as he was trying to scan for a secondary/tertiary receiver.

Ask the Eli haters if that counts

7 TDs and 11 INTs on the season... he's been great in real life and fantasy the last couple of season, *no question* about that, but he is really stinking it up this year. No way I'd call him "one of the best QBs in the NFL" this year.

Let me be clear. I do not own rivers on any of my fantasy teams. Never have. And I actually think that he is an amazing qb. I am a huge giants fan and have typically always coveted rivers knowing we could have had him j stead of Eli. But this year is a different story. From a real life nfl AND fantasy perspective he just plain sucks. The chargers are winning football games IN SPITE or rivers this year instead of because of him. Noone can deny that. For THIS season this far, rivers isn't even putting up good qb2 numbers. Just awful.

Eli is better. The Super Bowl win is just a bonus. The Ginats made a great choice trading for the "other" Manning.
I agree with that NOW. If you would have asked me that question last year I would have taken rivers. Eli is proving to be a great qb this year. Maybe even flirting with else status. But I hate his demeanor on the field and that he is not a pure leader like his big bro. Always irked me

Eli is proving to be a great qb this year. Maybe even flirting with else status. But I hate his demeanor on the field and that he is not a pure leader like his big bro. Always irked me
Joe Montana wasn't (usually) fiery and demonstrative on the field, and he did pretty well. But "Eli Cool" is not a catchy nickname.

Eli is proving to be a great qb this year. Maybe even flirting with else status. But I hate his demeanor on the field and that he is not a pure leader like his big bro. Always irked me
Joe Montana wasn't (usually) fiery and demonstrative on the field, and he did pretty well. But "Eli Cool" is not a catchy nickname.
Joe earned and demanded everyone's respect and was a consummate leader via action, demeanor and ability. Neither Rivers or Eli compare.

Two picks.

Two picks.
And one fumble.

I've been a Rivers supporter in general (not this thread), but I'm beginning to agree. This year, he sucks. That fumble to lose the game tonight sealed it.

I've been a Rivers supporter in general (not this thread), but I'm beginning to agree. This year, he sucks. That fumble to lose the game tonight sealed it.
:goodposting: I love Rivers....but seriously....this year is a trainwreck....He lost Jets game last week with crappy throws...and he lost tonight....all him.....not Norv....

Just Win Baby to white courtesy phone please. :shock:
He was terrible today and has been subpar this season to date. There is no way to justify it, though it also doesn't invalidate how well he has played in the past. I'd like to think he can shake it and play better... we'll see.Until the fumble tonight, I thought he actually played pretty well. I discount the tipped interception, and he completed 15 of 16 passes (or better?) in one stretch after the interceptions. He certainly looked good in that stretch.Regardless, the season to date is a huge disappointment.

Would not having a LT that is having 10 mistakes a game and lets guys blow buy him constantly not impact a player. Overall he played pretty good except the fumble was brutal. I cant believe how many times I saw 1st or 2nd and 20 in this game.

He had a couple of passes that were high but man, did he ever make some nice plays when get got outside the pocket. Overall, I thought he played very well but he is not using Vincent Jackson enough.

Two picks.
And one fumble.
Two fumbles (one was recovered). He also hit a KC defender right in the hands but it was dropped so he should have had 3 picks. I don't love or hate the guy but even Stevie Wonder can see that Rivers is struggling.

Would not having a LT that is having 10 mistakes a game and lets guys blow buy him constantly not impact a player. Overall he played pretty good except the fumble was brutal. I cant believe how many times I saw 1st or 2nd and 20 in this game. He had a couple of passes that were high but man, did he ever make some nice plays when get got outside the pocket. Overall, I thought he played very well but he is not using Vincent Jackson enough.
This post is dead on!! Rivers didn't play as bad as some of you are saying

Would not having a LT that is having 10 mistakes a game and lets guys blow buy him constantly not impact a player. Overall he played pretty good except the fumble was brutal. I cant believe how many times I saw 1st or 2nd and 20 in this game. He had a couple of passes that were high but man, did he ever make some nice plays when get got outside the pocket. Overall, I thought he played very well but he is not using Vincent Jackson enough.
This post is dead on!! Rivers didn't play as bad as some of you are saying
We were watching two different games then.

The bloom is off the rose...

KC doubling Gates at the line was brilliant in the 2nd half. Take away Rivers security blanket and he doesnt know what to do.

Does VJax just run bad routes or something? In the past he has been big play receiver, maybe the separation speed just isn't there for him right now because of the injuries, and he's not able to get open without it. I haven't watch many Charger games this year, thank god.

The bloom is off the rose... KC doubling Gates at the line was brilliant in the 2nd half. Take away Rivers security blanket and he doesnt know what to do.
Uh, yeah, except he led them back from 10 points down twice, tied the game, and would have won it except for the fumble. There is no excuse for the fumble, of course. But he played well in the second half except for that.

Does VJax just run bad routes or something? In the past he has been big play receiver, maybe the separation speed just isn't there for him right now because of the injuries, and he's not able to get open without it. I haven't watch many Charger games this year, thank god.
Brandon Flowers is a better CB than VJax is a WR is what last night came down to.

Rivers played poorly, but we should give some credit to KC, they had the game really well-schemed on defense, and executed well, especially in the red zone.

The Offesnive PI call against Gates for the TD was nonsense. I thought he played well after the 1st quarter. McNeil was a liability all game and put the entire offense's back up against the wall all night long.

I think Rivers will have some decent weeks coming up. They play GB next week, which has the makings of a shootout. I expect over 300 yards passing and at least 2 TDs.

The bloom is off the rose... KC doubling Gates at the line was brilliant in the 2nd half. Take away Rivers security blanket and he doesnt know what to do.
He has done just fine in the past when Gates has been unable to play. I think Tolbert missing the game hurt more than Gates and Jackson being doubled. Rivers threw for almost 400 yards, and that touchdown to Gates shouldn't have been nullified. Rivers did not play that bad last night, and the fumble at the end was bad, but Tom Brady got the ball stripped from him at the end of the Pittsburgh game, and Big Ben fumbles the ball on a regular basis. It happens to the best of them.

Brandon Flowers is a better CB than VJax is a WR is what last night came down to.
The Chiefs did a good job but I saw Jackson open several times and Rivers didn't look his way. After one play in particular Jackson was visibly upset that Rivers did a check down because there was no defender near him. He can't pass it to himself.

Biggest concern for Bolt fans this morning (other than giving away 2 W's the past 2 weeks) is WTF has happened to Marcus McNeil? Guy has gone from Pro Bowler to absolute disaster. Has a LT ever played a worse game in NFL history?

The Chiefs did a good job but I saw Jackson open several times and Rivers didn't look his way. After one play in particular Jackson was visibly upset that Rivers did a check down because there was no defender near him. He can't pass it to himself.
:goodposting: Real sorry if VJax is screwing everyone's fantasy team, but this is the truth.

Eli is better. The Super Bowl win is just a bonus. The Ginats made a great choice trading for the "other" Manning.
An even better choice would have been to sit tight at #4 and take Roethlisberger. Thank God they didn't.
Agreed. Pitt would have 3-4 Rings with Rivers at the helm, and San Diego would be a laughingstock.
Possibly. Then again there is no way Rivers could take the kind of beatings that Roethlisberger has endured behind the Steelers o-line.

An even better choice would have been to sit tight at #4 and take Roethlisberger. Thank God they didn't.
Agreed. Pitt would have 3-4 Rings with Rivers at the helm, and San Diego would be a laughingstock.
Possibly. Then again there is no way Rivers could take the kind of beatings that Roethlisberger has endured behind the Steelers o-line.
Nor would Rivers have made The Tackle.

I don't know - I think Rivers is probably the toughest QB in the NFL. He hasn't missed a game due to injury since entering the NFL. Big Ben has played 16 games only once in his career. :shrug:

Might be GB.The times I saw Flowers and Jackson heads up, Flowers dominated him.

I watched him last night, and I don't know what it is....but its like something is broken in the guy's head. He looks like a completely different QB from last year's version. I'd say that I guarantee he's injured, if I could see any signs of that in his play. I can't.

I watched him last night, and I don't know what it is....but its like something is broken in the guy's head. He looks like a completely different QB from last year's version. I'd say that I guarantee he's injured, if I could see any signs of that in his play. I can't.
Last night was the first time I was really able to watch him this season. While he has always had an awkward throwing motion, at times there seemed to be more of a hitch or shot-putting than normal which looked stressful on his elbow and produced some poor throws and knuckle balls. My first thought was that something was ailing. Maybe a leg/knee issue? He seems to be using all arm and no body.

Users who are viewing this thread