What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Sons of Anarchy Thread (2 Viewers)

I'm still utterly amazed that anyone would read a thread on a TV show that they haven't watched yet. This is so confusing to me.
Ive watched it for 4.5 seasons now. Just stopped 5 episodes ago. They're sitting on my DVR. Just debating whether it's worth it or not now.
I was the same way and just finished the last five. The story is juggling a lot of balls and has a lot of them in the air...but for the most part it isn't the main storyline that suffers....but all the "flavor" and secondary storylines. The Gemma stuff, the Tara stuff....the lack of realism in a lot of situations from the very basic involving physics (the station getting away from the Mexicans, spearing it into the ground, flipping it over and then just driving off)to the move overall (let's be honest....if Pope is as big as he is...and the IRA is as international as they are.....how many chances are they going to give a hillbilly chapter of a motorcycle club to do business. Wouldn't realistically one of these bigger fish (IRA, Pope, Cartel) realize that there's too much family and high school drama with this chapter and then clean them out?) Sutter overreaches at times....and I think it turns off the more analytical viewer.

I'm still utterly amazed that anyone would read a thread on a TV show that they haven't watched yet. This is so confusing to me.
Ive watched it for 4.5 seasons now. Just stopped 5 episodes ago. They're sitting on my DVR. Just debating whether it's worth it or not now.
I was the same way and just finished the last five. The story is juggling a lot of balls and has a lot of them in the air...but for the most part it isn't the main storyline that suffers....but all the "flavor" and secondary storylines. The Gemma stuff, the Tara stuff....the lack of realism in a lot of situations from the very basic involving physics (the station getting away from the Mexicans, spearing it into the ground, flipping it over and then just driving off)to the move overall (let's be honest....if Pope is as big as he is...and the IRA is as international as they are.....how many chances are they going to give a hillbilly chapter of a motorcycle club to do business. Wouldn't realistically one of these bigger fish (IRA, Pope, Cartel) realize that there's too much family and high school drama with this chapter and then clean them out?) Sutter overreaches at times....and I think it turns off the more analytical viewer.
thats what I figured. Maybe I'll watch it during christmas.

Didn't read the thread, so apologies if this has been answered. I have ripped through the first 4 seasons via Netflix through my 360 and am about to watch the season finale. I assume Season 5 isn't on Netflix yet. Does FX stream the show online? Any other options to catch up live? On my phone and hard to search. tia.

Didn't read the thread, so apologies if this has been answered. I have ripped through the first 4 seasons via Netflix through my 360 and am about to watch the season finale. I assume Season 5 isn't on Netflix yet. Does FX stream the show online? Any other options to catch up live? On my phone and hard to search. tia.
DL illegally? :shrug:

Yeah, I just have a hard time hooking my laptop up to my surround sound. The HDMI cable can't go into our ancient sound bar. Otherwise, I'm totally on board with this.

Yeah, I just have a hard time hooking my laptop up to my surround sound. The HDMI cable can't go into our ancient sound bar. Otherwise, I'm totally on board with this.
You might look into a PS3 at some point if you ever need a new Blu-Ray player. I heard you can put .avi files on a thumb-drive and just plug it into your PS3, and wa la, play them from there.

What happens to the Clay storyline from here?

1) Gets murdered in prison

2) Proves he was framed for Pope's murder - is set free

3) Gets his patch back

4) Opens a VHS video rental store in Seattle

5) OTHER

You might look into a PS3 at some point if you ever need a new Blu-Ray player. I heard you can put .avi files on a thumb-drive and just plug it into your PS3, and wa la, play them from there.
There are also ways to turn your laptop into a server if you have wi-fi and just directly play movies from your laptop on your PS3.

What happens to the Clay storyline from here?1) Gets murdered in prison2) Proves he was framed for Pope's murder - is set free3) Gets his patch back4) Opens a VHS video rental store in Seattle5) OTHER
6) #2, but before then, he recruits others in the clink to provide manpower for his new biker gang. First act, cozy up with the Irish for guns. Second act...profit?

What happens to the Clay storyline from here?1) Gets murdered in prison2) Proves he was framed for Pope's murder - is set free3) Gets his patch back4) Opens a VHS video rental store in Seattle5) OTHER
6) #2, but before then, he recruits others in the clink to provide manpower for his new biker gang. First act, cozy up with the Irish for guns. Second act...profit?
I like it. Gotta keep it fresh.

Still great how Opie fires a couple of rounds into an already unhealthy 60-year-old guy at point-blank range.

Comes out of it just fine. :thumbup:

Still great how Opie fires a couple of rounds into an already unhealthy 60-year-old guy at point-blank range.

Comes out of it just fine. :thumbup:
Op also gets shot by Jax in the hand/wrist, and has no discernible problems with said hand/wrist afterwards.
Opie also somehow manages to not kill the old fart from point-blank range, I guess showing he's a horrible shot. Hey, it's a Sons of Anarchy silliness hat trick!

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably a mix of #2 and #5. Works with the feds to get a reduced sentence or something in return that he takes everybody else down. Mainly going after the police chief.

Think I'm off the Sutter train after this show. :lmao:http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/02/kurt-sutter-and-former-hell-on-wheels-showrunner-to-produce-new-drama-for-fx/

There are also ways to turn your laptop into a server if you have wi-fi and just directly play movies from your laptop on your PS3.
PS3 Media Server

Think I'm off the Sutter train after this show. :lmao:http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/02/kurt-sutter-and-former-hell-on-wheels-showrunner-to-produce-new-drama-for-fx/
What if this is the Filthy Phil spinoff we have all been asking for??

What if this is the Filthy Phil spinoff we have all been asking for??
THEN I'll be in. BUt I think that's the only thing that could get me on board, given that premise.
He's gotta be messing with people now right? He seriously sold a time-travel, demon hunting pitch for a show? Will Peggy be the T & A again?

Officer Pete Malloy said:
Ridin' through the valley, gon' need some pasta

My wife was preggo, and then I told her "hasta"

Black cop's always straight, never stoops to crime

Likes to get in the way, of SAMCRO's good time

*guitar wank*

Likes a gin fizz, with a hint of lime :shrug:
:lmao: good gravy
This is basically shagging a couple fly balls before the season starts. I'm nowhere near mid-season form.

Ridin' through the valley, gon' need some pasta

My wife was preggo, and then I told her "hasta"

Black cop's always straight, never stoops to crime

Likes to get in the way, of SAMCRO's good time

*guitar wank*

Likes a gin fizz, with a hint of lime :shrug:
:lmao: good gravy
This is basically shagging a couple fly balls before the season starts. I'm nowhere near mid-season form.
Before the season? You're still in the Venezuelan winter leagues, GB.

If you haven't already listened to it, The Nerdist podcast has a cool interview with Charlie Hunnam. Some crazy stories about his home being broken into, and he discusses Jax's white sneakers.

I've had this show in my Netflix queue for a year. I finally said what the hell and started watching it a few weeks ago. This has leapfrogged even Mad Men and Breaking Bad to become my favorite show. Unfortunately I've only seen through Season 3 where they all end up going to prison. So I can't even read through this entire thread. I think I'll end up buying season 4 on iTunes or Amazon.
I did that last year. Two or three weeks later it released. Just start with the DVR. IIRC, prior season releases several weeks into the new season. Easily my favorite show on TV.

Oh, and :sehorn:

Easily my favorite show on TV.
You might not like the general tenor of this thread once it fires up. :unsure:

How far north in NorCal?
I'm aware. I recall the LOST thread too. It's good for catching tidbits you may have missed in the show, but these threads are mostly like the Shark Pool during preseason and the first 1/2 of the season. [mandated] :rolleyes: [/mandated]

I have to travel a couple hours South to get to Sacramento. FARnorCal.

"Good said:
Jax cast as the lead in 50 Shades of Grey. :hungry:
The wife got all excited about this. :bag:

Of course I think she's the only woman in America that read all three of those stupid books yet didn't get "hot pants" because of it. FML
I'm sorry bro. That was a fun week for me. Like an oasis in the desert.

"Good said:

Of course I think she's the only woman in America that read all three of those stupid books yet didn't get "hot pants" because of it. FML
Meh. On the other hand I was proud because she recognized that writing was terrible.

"Good said:

Meh. On the other hand I was proud because she recognized that writing was terrible.
Larry_Boy thinks those things are written terribly.

Users who are viewing this thread