What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Phrases/terms that need to be retired immediately (2 Viewers)

First time seeing “no cap” was in this thread an hour ago. It just means “for real!” or “no BS”?
Essentially "no lie". It's dumb.
I'm assuming no one under 40 uses "no cap" in old-line print media? It's something I'd only hear/read if I were hanging with a lot of 20-somethings and/or if I were all over social media?
According to this ... "cap" and "no cap" are (were?) terms that came from the hip-hop world and are now ubiquitous among TikTok users.

I assume when they wrote "hip-hop world" ... they didn't mean Run DMC, The Fat Boys, Kool Moe Dee, Eric B & Rakim, etc.

According to this ... "cap" and "no cap" are (were?) terms that came from the hip-hop world and are now ubiquitous among TikTok users.

I assume when they wrote "hip-hop world" ... they didn't mean Run DMC, The Fat Boys, Kool Moe Dee, Eric B & Rakim, etc.
Sounds about right. I hear it from teen-20's youtubers, almost always black or wannabe cool non-black kids.

So this is what happens if you don't do Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, etc.? You just miss a ton?
But did you really miss it? I think I would have gone with:

"So this is what happens if you don't do Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, etc.? You are truly blessed?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Doug B said:

It's the kind of stupid made up work my teenage boys use all the time.  When "merch" was the hot new slang they were using, I said I am making up my own slang word "skerz" that means...well...whatever I want it to mean in the moment.  If they ever hit me with a "no cap" or some other slang I don't know, I just reply "skerz" to communicate agreement, or disagreement as the context or my lack of understanding calls for.

jeffeljeffe

cj kalenbach

the soccer dave/peter overzet/davis mattek group

quantimturner

...are just a few

a lot more crypto punk art stuff is popping out too - I joined twitter for football and humor.  If I muted "bitcoin" and "topshot" - at this point I'd lose 3/4 of my timeline ... :D
Mattek is the only of those I ever followed and unfollowed him quite a while back.

In the ff twitter world, I'm more annoyed by the arrogance that most of them display that they would be better NFL gm's/head coaches because they subscribe to Warren Sharp's website.  

Mattek is the only of those I ever followed and unfollowed him quite a while back.

In the ff twitter world, I'm more annoyed by the arrogance that most of them display that they would be better NFL gm's/head coaches because they subscribe to Warren Sharp's website.  
big fan of Warren ...and Hribar

"Deep dive" meaning investigate further.
Deep dive is my boss' cue to punt and find something else to focus on.  Ah, it just dawned on me that I am a professional punt returner.  Think I'll print out a color pics of Rick Upchurch and Billie "White Shoes" Johnson and pin them by my desk, and wait for others to figure it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Overzet crew is entertaining but they are also ridiculous degens. I feel like Pete knows it’s all a bit for content. I’m not so sure about the others.

The Overzet crew is entertaining but they are also ridiculous degens. I feel like Pete knows it’s all a bit for content. I’m not so sure about the others.
Tuttle seems the most reasonable of the bunch.  Soccer Dave and Davis really like themselves but can be entertaining.  

today in a meeting a woman chimed in to say "i'll do a deep dive on that slide deck and circle up with the group later this week"

i couldn't decide if she was ####### with us or not
I'm sure she is certain she had just wowed you were her awesome business vernacular.

I checked back a few pages but didn't see this one that is currently annoying the heck out of me.

Forever Home.

Used by many real-estate agents near me.  Makes me want to  :X   "Congratulations to my buyers on findng your forever home"   :X   :X   :X  
I had only ever heard this used by the SPCA referring to a newly-adopted animal, and it never really bothered me, but this other use is horrible.

They're probably also the agents quickest to send out those postcards asking the same clients to remember them when it's time to sell that home.

“To give Key the best view and the best chance to be successful when he does return to the major leagues, it does make sense to get him some type of rehab at-bats prior to activating him,” Tomczyk said. “But, again, those conversations are ongoing. Nothing has been truly socialized that far out.”
<_<

Nope.  Still not okay.  It's only fine if you're four or under.
Haha was being sarcastic.  Have only ever heard the term used by 30-something women who are trying way too hard to be cute and cool :P   It's an instant turn off when they say they have a 'doggo'

"Length" when describing the height of an NFL prospect. This is dumb.

"Concept" when describing an offensive or defensive strategy, or a type of restaurant. This isn't inherently dumb, but it's way overused.

"Length" when describing the height of an NFL prospect. This is dumb.

"Concept" when describing an offensive or defensive strategy, or a type of restaurant. This isn't inherently dumb, but it's way overused.
We watch HGTV and drink every time someone says "open concept."   

Users who are viewing this thread