What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MEMPHIS BBQFest > 2023 > 1 Month Away - $100,000 budget due to inflation! (2 Viewers)

Curious, did Tipsy take his lang up on a trailer to Memphis? Does he have a competition one and a restaurant one?

Curious, did Tipsy take his lang up on a trailer to Memphis? Does he have a competition one and a restaurant one?
He has two smokers:

Lang 84 Chargriller Deluxe (catering/overflow) --- Taking to Memphis

Lang 108 Deluxe or something.... (main restaurant smoker)

He'll be dragging the 84 up here on Monday (or tuesday at the latest).

And our first team drama instance of the year...

neil posts:

Memphis in May World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest starts in 6 days.... 300 teams including Big Bob Gibson, Jack's Old South, Cool Smoke, Yazoo Delta Q, Natural Born Grillers, .... and a little team from NOLA
Harmless as it gets... dude's excited (we had been texting this AM about the big names at this event) and marketing his brand. :thumbup:

Guy on our team (good buddy of mine as well) who handles our scaffold texts me pissed that neil is "acting like this is his team". I explain neil is marketing his brand and upcoming comp to his audience in New Orleans...what do you expect. Unfortunately buddy is wayyyy overworked (been working 100hr weeks doing scaffold for all the events at this festival and had a ####ty day today) so he's adamant that this is an issue. :unsure:

Thankfully cooler heads chime in and tell him it's not what he's making it out to be... but jesus..settle down dude :lol:

Everything's cool but the stress of the event approaching is starting to wear some nerves on a couple folks :banned:

And our first team drama instance of the year...

neil posts:

Memphis in May World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest starts in 6 days.... 300 teams including Big Bob Gibson, Jack's Old South, Cool Smoke, Yazoo Delta Q, Natural Born Grillers, .... and a little team from NOLA
Harmless as it gets... dude's excited (we had been texting this AM about the big names at this event) and marketing his brand. :thumbup:

Guy on our team (good buddy of mine as well) who handles our scaffold texts me pissed that neil is "acting like this is his team". I explain neil is marketing his brand and upcoming comp to his audience in New Orleans...what do you expect. Unfortunately buddy is wayyyy overworked (been working 100hr weeks doing scaffold for all the events at this festival and had a ####ty day today) so he's adamant that this is an issue. :unsure:

Thankfully cooler heads chime in and tell him it's not what he's making it out to be... but jesus..settle down dude :lol:

Everything's cool but the stress of the event approaching is starting to wear some nerves on a couple folks :banned:
So who's team is it?

So who's team is it?
It's all of our team. Group effort among 14 guys.

- Neil should be able to tout any successes to build his restaurant brand

- I should be able to leverage any successes toward marketing/advertising projects I'm involved in

- Guy complaining will CERTAINLY leverage the structure/booth/party to network and get scaffold business

etc...

Bottom line: Shared effort. Shared success. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
1 fistfight in 8 years on the team (last year). Sadly I was part of it.

Everything is smoothed over now. Poor Neil changed his post and the guy who brought it up called apologizing for blowing up over nothing. It'll be fine once the first keg is tapped... Kid is just stressed out. He knows damn well Neil is one of the nicest, least egotistical folks on the planet.

Esq? Haha! Sorrry we already have team representation. Our attorney is coming in from Denver for the week :D

We can put you in charge of the live wagering in the dice pig races though! ;)

All due respect to your friend, are they judging the taste of the scaffolding?
EXACTLY.

This is a BBQ contest and while the scaffold affords us all sorts of fun schenanigans, boosts our capacity greatly, etc... the fact is, this is a BBQ Contest.

Anyways... it's all smoothed over. I always get stuck playing referee in this crap. Onward!

So this is my first time going to BBQ. I'll be down there next Friday, 16th. Will there be any BBQ?

Lunch is served at 12:30

Dinner is served at 6:00

Come relatively close to those times and there should be PLENTY of food.

People who show up at 10pm wondering why there isn't a big spread of food waiting on them deserve to get slapped :)

Thats a tipsy question, but generally speaking extreme cold or hard rain can make it harder to hold temps and extend cooking times. However our scaffold should shield some of the rain (if blowing in from river/west like usual).

Weather should be pretty mild though... At least enough so that it won't affect much.

Plus tipsy has hundreds of cooks on these langs in wide range of conditions... So it shouldn't be too much of an issue at all.

####

Lagunitas screwed up and shipped a very rare "Nighttime" black ale instead of "daytime" (lighter ale). Leaves us without a "mainstream light session beer" for the masses. Switching to 16 IPA and 8 Nighttime kegs.

Oh well...

scaffold decking is going down as I type this. Carpeting follows at 9am ish... Then we will roll in around 10am to load in bar, fridges, kegerator, booze, lighting, etc and start hanging banners and running power and lights.

Will update the twitter feed with pics once I get down to the river....

Http://twitter.com/mccbbq

Picture of scaffold on twitter/Facebook... It's obscene.

It's so big that MIM insurance personnel stopped by looked if over, and informed us they are changing the rules disallowing 3 story booths next year.... True story.

Picture of scaffold on twitter/Facebook... It's obscene.

It's so big that MIM insurance personnel stopped by looked if over, and informed us they are changing the rules disallowing 3 story booths next year.... True story.
Can't say I blame them for being concerned. That is an apartment building!!

just closed the restaurant....i won't sleep very well tonight...to damn excited....Icon & company have outdone even my highest expectations for that booth. I cannot believe these guys let my brand be a part of it......

Leaving as soon as humanly possible in morning. I have to get oysters, load up my gear, and hit it.

Unbelievable! I had high expectations of what the set-up would look like from hearing Icon talk about all that has gone into it, but the pictures blew away what I thought was even conceivably possible. This weekend sounds like it will be incredible. I'm so jealous.

Any of you cornholers going to be there on Thursday? I'll be driving over Thursday morning but can't stay thru Friday. Just trying to figure out whose coming when.

just closed the restaurant....i won't sleep very well tonight...to damn excited....Icon & company have outdone even my highest expectations for that booth. I cannot believe these guys let my brand be a part of it......

Leaving as soon as humanly possible in morning. I have to get oysters, load up my gear, and hit it.
Don't forget beads (moar b00bs) and briskets GB.. I'm covering 2 more and Reuben said would too.... So plan on 5 if ya can (I'm assuming you're sourcing some if not all of that locally)

Drive safe and see ya this evening. Matt c will prob want to meet ya at the park as soon as you're in town. The area behind our booth is filling up fast with fencing/electrical... Sooner we can get the Lang back there, the better

Any of you cornholers going to be there on Thursday? I'll be driving over Thursday morning but can't stay thru Friday. Just trying to figure out whose coming when.
JerseyToughguys will be in wed PM... sbonomo will be in Thursday PM as well. Not sure on anyone else offhand (lot going on)

Users who are viewing this thread