What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MEMPHIS BBQFest > 2023 > 1 Month Away - $100,000 budget due to inflation! (1 Viewer)

We have received our spot... R-073

Overhead view of entire park (just a cam phone snap)

• Green box = Gates to enter festival at foot of Beale Street (bar district) aka Main entrance

• Red Circle = Our booth. End cap, on the river, right by the main entrance

= AWESOME ####### spot. :headbang: :banned:

Closer view of that part of the map
Can see we've got an endcap spot, on the water...which is PRIME real estate. As a result we're flipping our booth design so the kitchen is on the outer edge. That way Tipsy can have his kitchen in plain view and interact with the crowd while he's doing his thing.

VERY excited about our location... this is going to be AWESOME.

Now we just have to land a little more ($6-12k) funding :construction:

New McClures BBQfet Team Jr Sponsorships Available

For those coming in for the festival who want a little special treatment, McClures swag, and those warm fuzzy feelings that you helped contribute to the cause :thumbup:

For $125 you get:

• 3 Days of Amazing food, great drinks, and entertainment (all invited guests get this)

• VIP Booth Access Wristband : During peak times there will be lines waiting to get in. This gets you to the front of that line. Also should get you quicker service at the bar if you flash it to the bartender.

• 3 Day Park Access Wristband : Instead of buying day passes for $9 each, you get a wristband good for all 3 days (Bonus : Allows re-entry)

• McClure's BBQfest Tri-Blend T Shirt

• McClures BBQfest Koozie

• Good Karma

For those coming in for the festival who want a little special treatment, McClures swag, and those warm fuzzy feelings that you helped contribute to the cause :thumbup:

For $125 you get:

• 3 Days of Amazing food, great drinks, and entertainment (all invited guests get this)

• VIP Booth Access Wristband : During peak times there will be lines waiting to get in. This gets you to the front of that line. Also should get you quicker service at the bar if you flash it to the bartender.

• 3 Day Park Access Wristband : Instead of buying day passes for $9 each, you get a wristband good for all 3 days (Bonus : Allows re-entry)

• Good Karma
Damn. Wish I could make it down... I would do this for sure.

To Anyone wanting McClure's BBQFest T shirt presales...

We'll be selling T Shirt / Koozie packs for $25 in the booth.

• Canvas Charcoal Grey Tri-Blend shirts (a bit less form-fitting than the previous McClure's shirts)

• Available in S/M/L/XL/XXL sizes

• Will be similar in design to the McClure's shirts with "World Championship • Memphis BBQfest 2014" under the logo on front.

• Will feature the "You don't win friends with salad" on the back

Paypal $30 to mcclurescompetes@gmail.com ($25 plus shipping

• Will ship in late april / early may once shirts are printed.

• Please cover fees if paying via CC, so Net $30 is delivered

• Please specify the size you'd like and address you'd like shipped to

Last edited by a moderator:
Fun breakout of our budget....

We went with 26x50 Premium Riverfront Booth (Ribs category)
• Plus all ancillary categories (Wings, Seafood, Beef, Exotic, Mustard/Tomato/Vinegar Sauces) / plus Whole Hog Package (extra tickets)
BOOTH / ENTRIES : $3895

Electricity: Four 20A circuits at $150ea = $600
• Kegerator (True TDD-2)/ Bar Outlets (phone charging/lights) / Ice Machine (kegs) #1
• Ice Machine #2 (kegs) + Refrigerator (food)
• Ice Machine #3 (Food) + LED Globe String Lights (16 strands) & Japanese Lanterns
• Sound System (4 Speakers + Sub) / DJ Lights / Assorted Power

Porta Potties : $262.20

3 Story Scaffold Structure & Flooring : $5000
Thanks to having the head guy for a local scaffold supplier on the team, we've managed to barter a sponsorship out of him to do the monstrosity at a loss. 3 stories tall and about 3000 square feet. Generally this scaffold would run $12-15k depending on the details.

Carpeting : 3000 square feet of carpet, even basic stuff, isn't cheap. $1600
Yes, this gets thrown away at the end of the year.

Booth Decoration : Curtains (donated), Japanese Lanterns, Lights, Judges Table, Misc : $660

Refrigeration : 3 ReddiIce Rentals ($202ea) + Standard Fridge (garage) : $610
It gets HOT down there... and sufficient refrigeration is important. We will be getting 3 of the huge reddi-ice storage fridge/freezers. Two will be dedicated toward Keg storage, one will be for food/meat storage. The refrigerator will be for food storage as well.

TOTAL STRUCTURE/LOGISTICS : $12,600

Some other line items:
• DJ Sound & Lighting 4 speakers plus sub (Nolan Audio) : Discounted / Free - awaiting pricing.
• Random Electrical (Extension Cords & Such) : $100
• Team & SPonsor Banners : $550
• 2000 Booth Access Wristbands / 100 VIP wristbands : $120
• Classic Party Rentals (6 folding tables, 4 Hi Top Tables, 50 Chairs) : $550
• Security Guards (2 Off Duty Officer Friends) : 2 @ 150/night : $600
TOTAL Entertainment / Seating / Security : $2420 (assumes $500 for sound)

Bar & Kitchen Items
• 24 Kegs of Lagunitas Beer : Donated (Retail $4000)
• 10 Cases of Sobeiski Vodka : $ $766 (local liquor store deal)
• Mixers / Non Alcoholic / Water : $200
• Misc Bar Supplies : $200
• Shoulder (3 cases @ ~$90/case) : $270 (through beale st restaurant)
• Ribs (6 cases @ $85/case) : $510 (through beale st restaurant
• Comp Ribs : $200
• Wings/Sides/Brisket/Ancillaries : $1000 (awaiting final tally from Neil - partial sponsorship)
• Kitchen Supplies & Wood : $400 (wood donated)
• Kitchen Setup : $150 (much of material already owned)
TOTAL Bar/Kitchen : ~$3700

Contingency Fund for Random Crap : $1000

TOTAL BUDGET for 14 Member Team : ~$20,000
(with beer, some food & liquor, and most of scaffold and sound system donated)
Had we paid full price for everything, likely around $35,000. Sounds insane, until you've been to Memphis In May BBQfest :)

Wheeeee!!!

To Anyone wanting McClure's BBQFest T shirt presales...

We'll be selling T Shirt / Koozie packs for $25 in the booth.

• Canvas Charcoal Grey Tri-Blend shirts (a bit less form-fitting than the previous McClure's shirts)

• Available in S/M/L/XL/XXL sizes

• Will be similar in design to the McClure's shirts with "World Championship • Memphis BBQfest 2014" under the logo on front.

• Will feature the "You don't win friends with salad" on the back

Paypal $30 to mcclurescompetes@gmail.com ($25 plus shipping

• Will ship in late april / early may once shirts are printed.

• Please cover fees if paying via CC, so Net $30 is delivered

• Please specify the size you'd like and address you'd like shipped to

GD it, missing my mule again...

For $125 you get:

• Good Karma
icon>any idea how many of these have been sold so far?

For $125 you get:

3 Days of Amazing food, great drinks, and entertainment (all invited guests get this)

VIP Booth Access Wristband : During peak times there will be lines waiting to get in. This gets you to the front of that line. Also should get you quicker service at the bar if you flash it to the bartender.

3 Day Park Access Wristband : Instead of buying day passes for $9 each, you get a wristband good for all 3 days (Bonus : Allows re-entry)

McClure's BBQfest Tri-Blend T Shirt

McClures BBQfest Koozie

Good Karma
I just threw together the page last night and sent it out to a few folks today so only 2 so far. Candidly I'm not expecting to tell the full 100... But we are shooting for 40-50 of them between the 14 guys on the team. I think I know of at least 8 of them that should be sold thru me (sbonomo the FBG is coming in from la and will be graciously grabbing a couple).We are working on some other little benefits for folks who buy these as well, like a VIP line at the bar, getting a rib off the judging/turn in slabs (our best stuff)... and stuff like that. Basically just trying to enhance folks' experience without creating TOO much Extra work for ourselves.

As stated before though, this is by no means holding a gun to anyone's head. You're all welcome to come by free of charge, and I'm sure tipsy will GLADLY do a pit tour with any FBG who wants one.

For $125 you get:

3 Days of Amazing food, great drinks, and entertainment (all invited guests get this)

VIP Booth Access Wristband : During peak times there will be lines waiting to get in. This gets you to the front of that line. Also should get you quicker service at the bar if you flash it to the bartender.

3 Day Park Access Wristband : Instead of buying day passes for $9 each, you get a wristband good for all 3 days (Bonus : Allows re-entry)

McClures BBQfest Koozie

Good Karma
I just threw together the page last night and sent it out to a few folks today so only 2 so far. Candidly I'm not expecting to tell the full 100... But we are shooting for 40-50 of them between the 14 guys on the team. I think I know of at least 8 of them that should be sold thru me (sbonomo the FBG is coming in from la and will be graciously grabbing a couple).We are working on some other little benefits for folks who buy these as well, like a VIP line at the bar, getting a rib off the judging/turn in slabs (our best stuff)... and stuff like that. Basically just trying to enhance folks' experience without creating TOO much Extra work for ourselves.

As stated before though, this is by no means holding a gun to anyone's head. You're all welcome to come by free of charge, and I'm sure tipsy will GLADLY do a pit tour with any FBG who wants one.
Sounds good. If I'm able to make it, I will definitely be in on this.

Thanks!

For $125 you get:

McClures BBQfest Koozie

Good Karma

Does the pit tour come with a grade 2 concussion?

For $125 you get:

McClures BBQfest Koozie

Good Karma

Does the pit tour come with a grade 2 concussion?
llo

ooh, i have work in Knoxville. Might have to swing a Thursday. Is the Thursday schedule similar to what's in the first post, or is that Friday?

ooh, i have work in Knoxville. Might have to swing a Thursday. Is the Thursday schedule similar to what's in the first post, or is that Friday?
Thursday night is definitely a party as well. The daytime is a little more laid-back (good time to walk the park and check it all out) with things picking up by 3 or 4 and going hard by 6.

6hr drive MEM to Knox.... Maybe 5 if Rollin.

Doubletree Hilton downtown is the last hotel with rooms downtown.

6 bookings in last 24 hours... it won't last long.

If you're going to to come... better book soon.... or plan on taking a cab a bit

Bump for hotel scarcity awareness....

Also updating...

• 2000 General Guest wristbands have been ordered... (actual color "secret" to avoid counterfeits...yes, that's a problem for the bigger booths)

300 BBQfest Koozies/Huggies Ordered (to be distributed as part of Shirt/Koozie packs for sale at the booth)

• 25' x 4' Top Deck, Front-Facing Banner Ordered (to test new vendor: bannersonthecheap.com)

Sooo... operation "stock the pond" is working pretty well I think...

A sampling of confirmed attendees thus far....

Ashley (middle) +5

Cami (native american) +3

Cami Alternate

Elizabeth +2

Elizabeth Alternate

Meagan +5
Meagan (right) Alternate

Tayla (left) +4

Tayla Alternate (left)

Kecia +3

Kecia Alternate

Carrie +4

Carrie Alternate

Hart +3
Hart Alternate

Have made it clear to all that the guestlist passes are for girlfriends only, they will not be allowed to bring guys in. They don't care. All the ladies are very excited about coming down and partying, many particular enamored with the open bar. Several have made a point to make it clear that all their friends will be single and looking to mingle.

I have no doubts there will be some duds in the mix, but every party does better with a decent mix of ladies thrown into the mix. Will be plenty of our female friends coming without this "pond stocking", and pretty much every guy on the team is married or might as well be... but just going that extra mile to be sure the vibe is all good.

:unsure:

ooooweeeeee
To be clear I'm not saying any of these girls are 10's or that we're loading the place up with promo-girl quality talent. The pool to pull from is a app pulling single ladies from within 50 miles of the Memphis metro area who have expressed interest in a BBQ festival. It's not going to work miracles but it's been pretty decent so far. :lol:

That said, this has been a pretty cool experiment in using Tinder as a promo-vehicle for parties. Turns out it works great and I anticipate more folks will start doing tihs.

Just ordered:

230 feet of extension cords (15 cables) ($152... I love monoprice).
2820 square feet of carpet ($1515)

115 LIters of Sobieski Vodka (only $772.20..hookup? Yeah.)
just a HAIR under 3000 pounds of beer.... ($0)

Yeah.. this is shaping up nicely. ;)

For $125 you get:

• Good Karma
blackdott

Ashley (middle) +5

Cami Alternate

Elizabeth +2

Elizabeth Alternate

Meagan +5

Meagan (right) Alternate

Tayla (left) +4

Tayla Alternate (left)

Kecia +3

Kecia Alternate

Carrie +4

Carrie Alternate

Hart +3

Hart Alternate

Have made it clear to all that the guestlist passes are for girlfriends only, they will not be allowed to bring guys in. They don't care. All the ladies are very excited about coming down and partying, many particular enamored with the open bar. Several have made a point to make it clear that all their friends will be single and looking to mingle.

I have no doubts there will be some duds in the mix, but every party does better with a decent mix of ladies thrown into the mix. Will be plenty of our female friends coming without this "pond stocking", and pretty much every guy on the team is married or might as well be... but just going that extra mile to be sure the vibe is all good.

How do they feel about overweight 40 yo married guys?

Ashley (middle) +5

Cami Alternate

Elizabeth +2

Elizabeth Alternate

Meagan +5

Meagan (right) Alternate

Tayla (left) +4

Tayla Alternate (left)

Kecia +3

Kecia Alternate

Carrie +4

Carrie Alternate

Hart +3

Hart Alternate

How do they feel about overweight 40 yo married guys?
After a day of drinking 6% beer or drinks mixed by our over zealous bar staff? Likely pretty good. :lol:

I work outside of Little Rock and want to bring the two guys that work for me up for the weekend as a bonus of sorts. What are all the options to get into the booth and party with you guys?

I work outside of Little Rock and want to bring the two guys that work for me up for the weekend as a bonus of sorts. What are all the options to get into the booth and party with you guys?
You guys are welcome to come. Standing invite for FBGs. Definitely plan on at least tipping the bartenders (all goes to the team) and can throw in a few bucks if you'd like too.

Some folks are doing the Jr Sponsor packs which amounts to about $50-55 bucks of stuff (park access wristband and shirt/koozie pack) and a $75 donation to the team that gets you a Sponsor wristband for line skip privileges if booth hits capacity and a fast lane at the bar (menu subject to change). Not at all necessary though.

Some good info about BBQfest, how to find us, what to expect, etc can be found here:

Nolan AudioVisual called back and is full on donating the light and sound system. THey're apparently going overboard with it.... 4 speakers (flown overhead in the booth) with a huge sub running through a mixing board. Then 4 intelligent lights running through a controller board as well. The owner told me today "make sure that scaffold is built strong because this system is going to shake it.
Downside: The lighting rig and audio rig each require a dedicated 20Amp circuit... had budgeted for 1... add on an extra $150 for the extra 20A... then $40 for another 50ft 12AWG power cord :lol:

My buddy who's the executive chef for all BB Kings restaurants went to bat for us with Fayette Packing (lead meat distributor for the region) and they are donating 7 cases of baby backs for general consumption and 2 cases of special competition cut slabs that are bandsaw cut to perfect rectangle, membranes pulled, and perfectly trimmed of fat and such. In addition they'll be selling us our 3-4 cases of butts at cost. :thumbup:

Also, tentatively, Tipsy has set aside this menu for the festival:

Wed Dinner:

Brisket, Chicken, and Sausage.

Mac n Cheese, Beans, Slaw.

Chefs Bonus

Thurs Lunch:

Ribs & Pork Butt

Pork / Chicken Thigh sandwiches
Slaw, beans, and chips.

Thurs Dinner

Ribs, Pork Butts

Beans, Slaw, Jambalaya

Chefs Bonus

Fri Lunch

BBQ Tacos, Chicken Wings, Sandwiches

Chips, Slaw, BBQ Jambalaya

Fri Dinner

Ribs, Pork Butts

Beans, Slaw, BBQ Jambalaya

Chefs Bonus

Saturday: 50 Guests $100

Competition Ribs
Leftover everything

Just booked hot local singer/guitarist Chris Johnson to play Friday afternoon at the booth from 5-7:30ish! Pretty excited as this kid is very well known locally (played with Ingram Hill, Haven Hill, and now American Fiction) and has been doing a good bit of studio guitar work at world famous Ardent Studios.

Some samples:

"Simple Man" - Solo Acoustic Cover & Hard Rock Cafe

Taste of his Electric Style (recording album at Ardent)

"You Make My Dreams" (Hall & Oates) - Vocals on a fun cover by his new project American Fiction

I'm in for Thursday! Just said to heck with any possible conflicts. :headbang:

Jr. Sponsorship ordered for Thursday.
Received! You're good to go sir... thanks for the contribution. Will mail your ticket and booth wristband once we have everything in hand (is that "1700" address okay?) . Your shirt/koozie pack will be available for pickup at the bar. :thumbup:

I'm in for Thursday! Just said to heck with any possible conflicts. :headbang:

Jr. Sponsorship ordered for Thursday.
Received! You're good to go sir... thanks for the contribution. Will mail your ticket and booth wristband once we have everything in hand (is that "1700" address okay?) . Your shirt/koozie pack will be available for pickup at the bar. :thumbup:
Awesome. Yes, address is correct.

Nolan AudioVisual called back and is full on donating the light and sound system. THey're apparently going overboard with it.... 4 speakers (flown overhead in the booth) with a huge sub running through a mixing board. Then 4 intelligent lights running through a controller board as well. The owner told me today "make sure that scaffold is built strong because this system is going to shake it.

Downside: The lighting rig and audio rig each require a dedicated 20Amp circuit... had budgeted for 1... add on an extra $150 for the extra 20A... then $40 for another 50ft 12AWG power cord :lol:

My buddy who's the executive chef for all BB Kings restaurants went to bat for us with Fayette Packing (lead meat distributor for the region) and they are donating 7 cases of baby backs for general consumption and 2 cases of special competition cut slabs that are bandsaw cut to perfect rectangle, membranes pulled, and perfectly trimmed of fat and such. In addition they'll be selling us our 3-4 cases of butts at cost. :thumbup:

Wed Dinner:

Chefs Bonus

Thurs Lunch:

Ribs & Pork Butt

Slaw, beans, and chips.

Thurs Dinner

Ribs, Pork Butts

Beans, Slaw, Jambalaya

Chefs Bonus

Fri Lunch

Fri Dinner

Ribs, Pork Butts

Chefs Bonus

Competition Ribs

Leftover everything
Is this typical or a new trend? I would think the old school guys would frown on this (ref. competition cut).

Menu looks great. You're a show in to be joining Oats thread after this is done.

I planned on doing the sponsor thing. If I end up having to bail, well, credit for next year?

;-)

Just kidding. I will motivate me to shore up my plans.

Wed Dinner:

Chefs Bonus

Thurs Lunch:

Ribs & Pork Butt

Slaw, beans, and chips.

Thurs Dinner

Ribs, Pork Butts

Beans, Slaw, Jambalaya

Chefs Bonus

Fri Lunch

Fri Dinner

Ribs, Pork Butts

Chefs Bonus

Competition Ribs

Leftover everything
Is this typical or a new trend? I would think the old school guys would frown on this (ref. competition cut).

Menu looks great. You're a show in to be joining Oats thread after this is done.
On the this level of competiton BBQ, it's ridiculous. It really is. So much brining, injecting, premium cuts (Berkshire/Duroc) that it's on another level. Comp BBQ in a blind box is essentially judged on 1 maybe 2 good bites. So they have to scream at you. Flavors so sickeningly sweet or intense that eating a whole slab would be tough.

As far as the fancy slabs, you need to turn in a box with 8-10 Cadillac cut rib sections lined up like piano keys with perfect even glaze, all the same exact size, consistent appearance, etc. Tipsy will cook 100 bones (10 slabs) and turn in the 8 best 2 bone sections from that batch.

Again, one can't appreciate exactly how insane this event is on a BBQ comp / party / people watching / booze fest level, until you've been. Experience the daytime chill, the night time party, then come in the pit area and see the finishing prep on comp turn in stuff... It's a really cool experience.

Yes... You'd think you eat a lot but we work so much much I usually eat one GOOD meal a day. Most of my calories come in booze, and I'm working so much lugging kegs, helping in pit, handling trash, etc... It becomes a wash.

JTG, c'mon GB. Again, you don't have to buy in. But if you do and can't make it, you will get credit for next year. we really try to find balance between providing good value while still letting it serve it's purpose (fundraising).

As of now we are $4k shy of out nut ($20kish total while not spending a dime on beer, ribs, lighting or sound) with a couple sponsor irons still hot. Today I sent out an email to the guys that dues went up 300 from the original 400. If we land the big sponsor(s) we will refund back. The dues and spend much/all the surplus on the party.... Because that's why we're there.

Oh and my buddy Patrick dodd from the voice : Beale street entertainer of the year... will be celebrating his birthday at the booth Friday... So if anyone coming wants to burn one down, that will be going down,

Chris Johnson (guy playing Friday) is a good buddy of his and they spent a month in LA together during voice filming so I imagine pat may sing a track or two. Kirk Smithhart of the north Mississippi Allstars (and youngest winner ever of Albert king award from Beale street blues foundation) will likely be in the house as well.

This entire time I associated Memphis In May (MIM) with this competition only. My neighbor was talking about this music festival in Memphis in May. He was reading off all the acts that were playing. My reaction was :excited: . Then when I actually took the time to look it up online, I see that the festival is on a different weekend than the BBQ contest.

Wed Dinner:

Chefs Bonus

Thurs Lunch:

Ribs & Pork Butt

Slaw, beans, and chips.

Thurs Dinner

Ribs, Pork Butts

Beans, Slaw, Jambalaya

Chefs Bonus

Fri Lunch

Fri Dinner

Ribs, Pork Butts

Chefs Bonus

Competition Ribs

Leftover everything
If I wanted to come next year how would I or what would I have to do to eat that menu everyday?I love to grill and BBQ but I'm new to competitions and stuff like this.

Wed Dinner:

Chefs Bonus

Thurs Lunch:

Ribs & Pork Butt

Slaw, beans, and chips.

Thurs Dinner

Ribs, Pork Butts

Beans, Slaw, Jambalaya

Chefs Bonus

Fri Lunch

Fri Dinner

Ribs, Pork Butts

Chefs Bonus

Competition Ribs

Leftover everything
If I wanted to come next year how would I or what would I have to do to eat that menu everyday?

BUMP

10 Days till load in begins...

SAT MAY 10 : Building Scaffold
SUN MAY 11 : Lay Carpet, Load in Kegerator, Fridge, Bar, Liquor, Mixers, Banners, Decorations and do some basic setup.
MON MAY 12 / TUE MAY 13 : Some Food Load In / Off Days
WED MAY 14: Load in 24 Kegs, Cases of Ribs/Shoulder - Set up Booth. Friends/Family Night 5-10pm. Get Sleep

THU MAY 15: Arrive ~Noon to clean and get booth ready. Chill Day Party. Good Nighttime Party w/ DJ
FRI MAY 16: Arrive ~11am to clean. Cook Ancillary Entries. Good day Party That Builds to Wild Night Party. Live music 5-8. DJ 8-12.

SAT MAY 17th: Arrive 10am to clean & set up for Judging. Judging over by 1pm. Light party till awards at 5pm. Shut booth by 8pm.
SUN MAY 18th: Arrive 10am to break down booth and load everything back out and get some sleep.

:popcorn:

Looks like this year we'll have Ray Karpis, Sbonomo, and Possibly Jersey Tough Guys will be making their first BBQfest appearances this year.

:banned:

Reminder if you want to follow along at home:

TWITTER FEED: http://twitter.com/mccbbq

FACEBOOK FEED: http://facebook.com/mccluresbbq

D is for Don't drink and drive: The hotels will be booked by now, but you have several options for getting around safely if you plan to imbibe. A) Make a friend who lives in 38103 and make their place your home base. B) Program this number into your phone: (901) 577-7777 – it's the local cab company. Pro-tip: If you're calling a cab, call about an hour before you're ready to leave since they're going to be busy. C) Use one of the new ride-sharing apps Uber or Lyft. The availabilty of their services may be spotty during MIM since they're just getting started, but it's worth a shot. (Ha!)
uh, ya, that might be FUN!

:towelwave:

D is for Don't drink and drive: The hotels will be booked by now, but you have several options for getting around safely if you plan to imbibe. A) Make a friend who lives in 38103 and make their place your home base. B) Program this number into your phone: (901) 577-7777 – it's the local cab company. Pro-tip: If you're calling a cab, call about an hour before you're ready to leave since they're going to be busy. C) Use one of the new ride-sharing apps Uber or Lyft. The availabilty of their services may be spotty during MIM since they're just getting started, but it's worth a shot. (Ha!)
uh, ya, that might be FUN!

:towelwave:
Yep just checked and they are actually up and running.... I'm so ####in excited. LOVE lyft and uber. I'm guessing you'll get hit with peak pricing when BBQfest is letting out but there is some comfort in that guaranteed pick up time that is worth the extra 10-15 bucks.

Checking the site, Uber X in Memphis is $0.80 pickup, $0.20/min or $1.35/mile...

Looking forward to making my annual cruise by y'all's booth (just realized that two apostrophes in one word look kinda weird).

You first timers are in for all sorts of awesomeness on so many levels.

Users who are viewing this thread