What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Managing a 14-Team League (2 Viewers)

JDew

Footballguy
Moving from a 10 to 14-team league. Given the talent per roster will be greatly diminished, I'm seeking recommendations on how to account for that. We could get rid of our FLEX (WR/RB) roster spot and/or move from 16 to 15 roster/draft spots (to increase level of talent on weekly waiver wire). Right now, we start 1 QB, 2 RB's, 2 WR's, 1 FLEX, 1 TE, 1 K, Team Defense.

Or we keep it the way it is and live with less talent per roster.

Thanks!

Moving from a 10 to 14-team league. Given the talent per roster will be greatly diminished, I'm seeking recommendations on how to account for that. We could get rid of our FLEX (WR/RB) roster spot and/or move from 16 to 15 roster/draft spots (to increase level of talent on weekly waiver wire). Right now, we start 1 QB, 2 RB's, 2 WR's, 1 FLEX, 1 TE, 1 K, Team Defense.Or we keep it the way it is and live with less talent per roster.Thanks!
We run 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, K, Def/ST with 16 rounds. High dollar league that is very competitive. We also incorporate a lot of scoring, for example Drew Brees scored 1000 points last season.It is my favorite league, much more so than the 12 team leagues I'm in.

I, commish a 14 team league, we use 16 roster spots. It's ppr, start 1 QB, 1RB, 2Wr 2 Flex(RB,WR, or TE), 1TE, 1K, and 1 DF. Score all tds as 6. Find there is plenty of useful talent on the waiver wire. Find this makes it easy to construct your team, it's about even split for playoffs teams between start 3RB, start 4Wr, and the standard start 2RB and 3WR.

It's all about flexibility in 14 team league, either in lineup requirements or scoring rules or both. The tough thing is most people hate change, so it's hard get these kinds of changes in most redraft leagues. Good luck with you league, think 14 teams leagues are the perfect size.

I, commish a 14 team league, we use 16 roster spots. It's ppr, start 1 QB, 1RB, 2Wr 2 Flex(RB,WR, or TE), 1TE, 1K, and 1 DF. Score all tds as 6. Find there is plenty of useful talent on the waiver wire. Find this makes it easy to construct your team, it's about even split for playoffs teams between start 3RB, start 4Wr, and the standard start 2RB and 3WR. It's all about flexibility in 14 team league, either in lineup requirements or scoring rules or both. The tough thing is most people hate change, so it's hard get these kinds of changes in most redraft leagues. Good luck with you league, think 14 teams leagues are the perfect size.
Good stuff, thanks. I like the idea of adding PPR to our league and adding flexibility to the starting lineup/roster (by changing to "1RB, 2Wr 2 Flex(RB,WR, or TE)"). I commish the league and will try to get these changes thru but since we have some newbies to the league this year, they may want to KISS (keep it simple stupid).Bengals fan? I live in Dayton.

I, commish a 14 team league, we use 16 roster spots. It's ppr, start 1 QB, 1RB, 2Wr 2 Flex(RB,WR, or TE), 1TE, 1K, and 1 DF. Score all tds as 6. Find there is plenty of useful talent on the waiver wire. Find this makes it easy to construct your team, it's about even split for playoffs teams between start 3RB, start 4Wr, and the standard start 2RB and 3WR. It's all about flexibility in 14 team league, either in lineup requirements or scoring rules or both. The tough thing is most people hate change, so it's hard get these kinds of changes in most redraft leagues. Good luck with you league, think 14 teams leagues are the perfect size.
:lol: This is similar to how our league is setup: 1 RB 2 WR 1 Flex. We used to do 2 RB 2 WR 1 Flex, but some of the RBs forced to start on bye weeks was just making it non-competitive and overvaluing RBs. We also do .5ppr, which I recommend over PPR; scoring just gets a bit too out of hand with 1 PPR.Basically, the one thing you HAVE to do at the 14 team level to make it work is only have 1 RB starting; otherwise, RBs are overvalued. I dropped out of a 16-team league that was 2 RB 2 WR 0 FLex simply bc the RB situation just got ######ed with 32 RBs forced to start every week. I recommend running different setups and scoring systems into the VBD app and when you have a Top 20 that you think is equitable, go with that.Oh, one final note: we do return yards, which is actually a pretty fun twist and make some otherwise bench players into startable guys.

:bag: This is similar to how our league is setup: 1 RB 2 WR 1 Flex. We used to do 2 RB 2 WR 1 Flex, but some of the RBs forced to start on bye weeks was just making it non-competitive and overvaluing RBs. We also do .5ppr, which I recommend over PPR; scoring just gets a bit too out of hand with 1 PPR.Basically, the one thing you HAVE to do at the 14 team level to make it work is only have 1 RB starting; otherwise, RBs are overvalued. I dropped out of a 16-team league that was 2 RB 2 WR 0 FLex simply bc the RB situation just got ######ed with 32 RBs forced to start every week. I recommend running different setups and scoring systems into the VBD app and when you have a Top 20 that you think is equitable, go with that.Oh, one final note: we do return yards, which is actually a pretty fun twist and make some otherwise bench players into startable guys.
:thumbup: Great info/recommendations, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread