What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Funniest Comedian Right Now? (1 Viewer)

What about Lewis Black. He makes me laugh too.
I enjoy his work
Me too.It's not really been stressed in this thread but if Chappelle is still working, he belongs near the top of any list. The two hour standup specials I've seen of his (Killing them Softly and For What its Worth) are just awesome.
Yeah Chapelle should definitely be very near the top in any objective list. Whenever I see his stuff he not only gets a laugh but he often makes me think a bit as well. I like that.

No Jeff Dunham love eh?
No. I've never liked ventriloquists.
Funny thing is he is a crappy ventriloquist. He is the opening act for the puppets. The little standup bits he does before his puppets come out suck. I saw him years ago in a small comedy club and I have seen him do his arena show and I still find him funny. I guess to be accurate I have no Jeff Dunham love but Walter and Achmed bring me and the entire household to tears.

NCCommish said:
toshiba said:
NCCommish said:
Right now Stephen Lynch is the guy that makes me laugh the most. But comedy is so subjective, well other than Dane Cook I think we all agree he sucks, that it makes it hard to call one the best.
:lmao: I enjoy Cook
I understand there are therapists specializing in helping victims like yourself.
Well your comedy isn't that funny.Try again...

NCCommish said:
toshiba said:
NCCommish said:
Right now Stephen Lynch is the guy that makes me laugh the most. But comedy is so subjective, well other than Dane Cook I think we all agree he sucks, that it makes it hard to call one the best.
:lmao: I enjoy Cook
I understand there are therapists specializing in helping victims like yourself.
Well your comedy isn't that funny.Try again...
Difference is it's not my job to be.

' said:
Birbiglia, Demetri Martin, Stanhope, Galifianakis, Tim and Eric, Brian Posehn (sp?), Giraldo
Wow this is a good list. I don't really know the first or last guy, but the others are really funny. May check those other 2 out since the rest are known hits :goodposting:

Super King said:
Love Stephen Lynch - dude hardly ever tours the south though. Would love to see him live.ETA: Dude is sick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Christo said:
whoknew said:
Doug Stanhope - not sure if he's the funniest, but he's my favorite
:thumbup:
I love Doug Stanhope. Don't know if he's the "funniest", but the dude has no filter. Spits the truth as his warped mind sees it. Refreshing/different. Like me some Louis CK, Bill Burr (didn't really know about him until RawDog on XM). Like Lisa Lampanelli's schtick as well.

Gator Shawn said:
I listen to XM Comedy 150 whenever I am in the car (and the kids aren't).My favorites at the moment (in no particular order):John Caparulo
Came in to post this... so far this is the only response to mention Caparulo... surprised...Another favorite is Galifianakis...

I know it is FFA sheik to poo poo Dane Cook but he makes me laugh. :shrug:
This explains everything!
:lol: I knew a comment like this was coming.I just look at it like when my musician friends poo poo a song or band that I don't mind or enjoy. Just because they do not like it sure does not mean I have to not like it too. I like what I like and laugh at what I laugh at. No reason to try to act like I don't.
It's an objective fact that Dane Cook is unfunny.
He yells loudly.

I like Demetri Martin (I can relate nerd/law school humor :lol: ) and Daniel Tosh are my personal favorites but Louis CK, Gaffigan, Ralphie May, Attell, and the others listed above are all great.

I also :shrug: that one hot comedian who is kinda dirty/tomboyish whose names escapes me right now. She did the "go peeny go peeny" bit. Damn I can't remember her name.

Just got done watching these clips. never heard of him before. Kind of reminds me of Brian Regan in his delivery and mannerisms.Overall pretty funny stuff. :whoosh:
Money doesnt buy happiness? Ever see anyone on a waverunner? :no:

Went to see Mitch Fatel's show and it was excellent. Lot's of ######(the female organ which many men enjoy) humor which I'm very fond of. :cry:

why are all the comedians mentioned in the thread white?

just found it odd as historically most of the great comedians of the past 20 years have been black.

What about Lewis Black. He makes me laugh too.
I enjoy his work
Me too.It's not really been stressed in this thread but if Chappelle is still working, he belongs near the top of any list. The two hour standup specials I've seen of his (Killing them Softly and For What its Worth) are just awesome.
Yeah Chapelle should definitely be very near the top in any objective list. Whenever I see his stuff he not only gets a laugh but he often makes me think a bit as well. I like that.
:cry: He's still the best just siting on his couch. :lmao:

Ricky Gervais - Out of England was hilarious, Out of England 2 just came out, not sure if its any good or not. but Out of England one still makes me cry and I've seen it amillion times

Just got done watching these clips. never heard of him before. Kind of reminds me of Brian Regan in his delivery and mannerisms.Overall pretty funny stuff. :rolleyes:
saw him live here in minny, he is hilarious!!ETA: LINKY

"that's what the middle of the country is for, people who gave up on their dreams". :lmao:

moderated said:
why are all the comedians mentioned in the thread white?just found it odd as historically most of the great comedians of the past 20 years have been black.
Who are the funniest black comedians right now? Chappelle is great but he's not really working right now. I like Rock, but his shtick is getting old for me. Bernie Mac is dead. There's D. L. Hughley, Eddie Griffin and Cedric the Entertainer. They're okay. Kat Williams is one of the hot black comedians right now. But I don't really like him. Tracy Morgan? Wanda Sykes?!?!? For me, one of the funniest comedians "of color" is Russell Peters.

PitbullTD said:
Ricky Gervais - Out of England was hilarious, Out of England 2 just came out, not sure if its any good or not. but Out of England one still makes me cry and I've seen it amillion times
Meh. I was at the taping of Out of England 2 and wasn't that impressed. Watched it on HBO and it wasn't even as good as I remembered.

If he'd get back to work it'd be Chappelle easily. I'd take his full stock of work over Chris Rock any day.

I love the Aziz Ansari special but haven't seen anything else since. Really thought he was going to take off based on that special.

Daniel Tosh is just crushing tape measure shots with Tosh.0 right now. Biggest TV laughs since the Chappelle show

Hottest comedianne = Iliza Shlesinger (hay carumba)...and she's actually kind of funny in a quirky way.

I like Louis CK, but when he misses...man he crashes hard. In his Milwaukee taped special "Hilarious", he admits he loves making an audience cringe by saying something inappropriate...so he might be doing some of that "crashing" on purpose.

Eddie Izzard's Dress to Kill is still the funniest thing I've seen in over a decade.

Mitch Hedberg was a genius.

Chapelle and Rock tell the truth.

Dunham. Saw him live a couple of years ago, and didn't expect much. I can't remember a single thing he said, but we laughed so fookin' hard.

Peter Tosh shouldn't make me laugh, but by Gahd, he does.

Still don't think anyone's touched Izzard, for me.

If he'd get back to work it'd be Chappelle easily. I'd take his full stock of work over Chris Rock any day.

I love the Aziz Ansari special but haven't seen anything else since. Really thought he was going to take off based on that special.

Daniel Tosh is just crushing tape measure shots with Tosh.0 right now. Biggest TV laughs since the Chappelle show

Hottest comedianne = Iliza Shlesinger (hay carumba)...and she's actually kind of funny in a quirky way.

I like Louis CK, but when he misses...man he crashes hard. In his Milwaukee taped special "Hilarious", he admits he loves making an audience cringe by saying something inappropriate...so he might be doing some of that "crashing" on purpose.
He's better in person. His tv show sucks in comparison to his act, and I completely agree with your statement about the biggest laughs since Chappelle.

Seth Myers isn't the best, but he's damn good. I saw a show of his when he was preforming with Demetri Martin, and he absolutely killed it. Totally unexpected. If he's ever in town he's completely worth going to see.

Users who are viewing this thread