What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the best mattress? (1 Viewer)

E-mail sent:

Refund my money or I take the easy to assemble foundation apart and break your ####### legs with it.Sincerely,Robert
:lmao:The last time I did something like that was back in the late 90s when I left a voicemail with my auto insurance company :rant: in which I told them I would come down there with an axe if they ever raised my rates again. They were not amused, and my coverage was dropped a couple months later. :confused:

'St. Louis Bob said:
'St. Louis Bob said:
'urbanhack said:
'St. Louis Bob said:
'DawgPoundNJ said:
I wouldn't be surprised Bob if the prices did go up. We're getting crushed with the astronomical price of cotton, chemicals, and oil right now and the industry has no choice but to pass the increases on.
On their website it said price to increase 20% after 4/30/11, which is the day I placed the order on. I checked back a couple of weeks later out of curiosity and it said some like "we're holding off on the 20% price increase until 5/7/11". ETA

NOW it is going to increase June 1. :rolleyes:

link
Let's take it to Facebook!
:lmao: E-mail sent:

Refund my money or I take the easy to assemble foundation apart and break your ####### legs with it.

Sincerely,

Robert
NOT an auto reply

I apologize for any confusion. We have been raising our prices every month for over a year now, and will raise them again this coming month. We try to keep our prices as low as possible without cutting corners. Unfortunately, prices are constantly increasing from our suppliers and it makes it difficult to be competitive and gauge what our costs are going to be month to month. We actually lose money on some models at the moment. Our price increase notice is not intended to mislead anyone.As for the Sleep Innovations mattress, they also sell those at Sam's Club at a lower price than they do on Amazon, I believe. However, it is not the same quality as ours. We have one of them in our R&D room here and the comfort level of that mattress is nowhere close to ours. Also, the cover on that mattress sounds like a diaper when you press your hand into it, and it smelled terrible when it was opened. This is lackluster design.We have put a lot of research (which is expensive) into our product, including durability tests, pressure mapping (it did better than Tempur-Pedic), toxicity (our mattresses are certified non-toxic), and we also guarantee them because we feel it is the best mattress we can sell.On the foundation, memory foam mattresses need more support than spring mattresses. It is important to have them on a proper surface so they perform well. Not all box springs are adequate and will cause any foam mattress to not feel right. You can choose to return the foundation under our return policy if you feel your box springs are adequate (Not sagging, not springy, & does not have spaces wider than 5" on the surface.)If you have any questions, please let me know. We want to ensure everyone has a good experience and more importantly, gets a good night's rest.Rebuttal sent. :lmao: :popcorn:
Wow! Funny stuff.Sam's sells our 10" Gel foam mattress and they aren't selling it at a loss. Costco sells our stuff both online and in the store. The cover on the Amazon mattress above is a 290gw fire resistant inherent material, not treated with chemicals. Feels like a diaper? :rolleyes: Costco and Sam's stand by their customers something fierce, so if we sold crap, we'd be out in a hurry. Our gel foam mattresses pressure map better than Tempur as well. As for the chemical odor, it's the norm for compressed memory foam mattresses for at least a day or two. It goes away in a hurry.

Trust me, our quality is up there, the main problem with my company is that there really is nowhere to go and lay down on one. You have to feel the mini display at Costco or Sam's (and soon coming to Menard's) to judge, or buy based on the reviews online.

Or through recommendations from moi. :thumbup:

I want to try one of these mattresses, either the Amazon or the BIB. Sounds like the mattress comes all compressed and rolled up correct?

My wife is very leary of these types of mattresses, she's concerned they will be much to firm for her.

Question - once you've expanded the mattress to it's full size, how in the world do you return it if you don't like it?

Question - once you've expanded the mattress to it's full size, how in the world do you return it if you don't like it?
For Bed In a Box, they say 2 options depending on need of return. 1) they have someone come and get it, or 2) they tell you to donate it to a local charity, send them the donation receipt and they then refund the money.From research it looks like #2 is the most likely scenario....guess they feel the returns are so minimal that they can afford to take this chance/loss every now and again.

Bed in a Box question.

I purchased the Pac-Bamboo version.....how important is a mattress pad for this mattress? Is one needed, or fine without it?

I've had the BIB since May 4th and love it. My back was constantly hurting in the morning before and now I wake up with zero pain and that makes the mornings so much more enjoyable.

You bed in a box guys are overpaying.

Amazon is trying to build the category and is actually selling my company's product at a loss.

Look at the reviews; they speak for themselves.

99 rated it 5 stars

16 rated it 4 stars

4 rated it 3 stars

5 rated it 2 stars

3 rated it 1 star

Amazon 12" Memory Foam Mattress

Just comes with the mattress though. My wife and I just threw ours on our old boxspring and do not notice any lack of support. Binky bought one of our memory gel foam offerings at Costco upon my recommendation. Bink, are you happy with it?
So any reason to get a BIB over this given the difference in cost?

Amazon is trying to build the category and is actually selling my company's product at a loss.

99 rated it 5 stars

16 rated it 4 stars

4 rated it 3 stars

5 rated it 2 stars

3 rated it 1 star

Just comes with the mattress though. My wife and I just threw ours on our old boxspring and do not notice any lack of support. Binky bought one of our memory gel foam offerings at Costco upon my recommendation. Bink, are you happy with it?
Ok, I took the bait. It does look like a pretty good deal (the one I bought on Woot last month turned out to be a lemon). Anyway, it came the other day and inflated normally in no time at all. Seems comfy, though I haven't slept on it yet. I'm waiting on a bedskirt to get here this weekend, and I guess I need some new sheets too because mine probably won't fit a 12-inch mattress. That's okay though, I needed new sheets anyway. At any rate, thanks for the lead. I'm very optimistic about this.
update?

99 rated it 5 stars

16 rated it 4 stars

4 rated it 3 stars

5 rated it 2 stars

3 rated it 1 star

Ok, I took the bait. It does look like a pretty good deal (the one I bought on Woot last month turned out to be a lemon). Anyway, it came the other day and inflated normally in no time at all. Seems comfy, though I haven't slept on it yet. I'm waiting on a bedskirt to get here this weekend, and I guess I need some new sheets too because mine probably won't fit a 12-inch mattress. That's okay though, I needed new sheets anyway. At any rate, thanks for the lead. I'm very optimistic about this.
update?
bump Any updates?

bump Any updates?
I took the two crappy BIAB earth pillows and put 80% of the stuffing from one and stuffed it in the other. Stapled the seaming shut and now have one solid pillow.
Are you still happy with your BIAB mattress? My wife and I shopped some yesterday and saw the Tempur-Pedic mattress on the store floor, so we tried it out. We both liked the feel and felt it support the lower back. Other firm mattresses we tried felt like there was an arch (or gap) in the lower back area, which didn't feel as supportive. But I don't want to shell out $3k for their memory foam mattress.

bump Any updates?
I took the two crappy BIAB earth pillows and put 80% of the stuffing from one and stuffed it in the other. Stapled the seaming shut and now have one solid pillow.
Are you still happy with your BIAB mattress? My wife and I shopped some yesterday and saw the Tempur-Pedic mattress on the store floor, so we tried it out. We both liked the feel and felt it support the lower back. Other firm mattresses we tried felt like there was an arch (or gap) in the lower back area, which didn't feel as supportive. But I don't want to shell out $3k for their memory foam mattress.
Yep, happy with the purchase. Don't waste your moneyon a Tempurpedic.Nice thing about BIAB is if you dont like it for some reason they have an easy return/refund policy.

99 rated it 5 stars

16 rated it 4 stars

4 rated it 3 stars

5 rated it 2 stars

3 rated it 1 star

bump for this and any update from those who bought the Amazon mattress...

99 rated it 5 stars

16 rated it 4 stars

4 rated it 3 stars

5 rated it 2 stars

3 rated it 1 star

bump for this and any update from those who bought the Amazon mattress...
The cost of the king BIAB deal was around $1099. That included the foundation and mattress. The foundation is $385, the mattress is $714, as a part of this deal. The Amazon mattress is $564 but doesn't include the foundation. Not sure what the shipping is from Amazon (maybe free if a Prime member). The Amazon is a Sleep Innovation, 12 inch. BIAB is the 13 inch mattress. Not sure if there is a big difference there, but if BIAB has a fair return policy if not satisfied, and the other does not, it might even the price tags out some. So there is $150 difference in the price of those two mattresses. With the amazon deal, you'd have to also order a foundation for the mattress. Or I suppose your old box spring would work too. I looked at the Amazon deal, but read somewhere the BIAB mattresses had better reviews than the Sleep Innovation. But it boils down to personal preference/satisfaction.

99 rated it 5 stars

16 rated it 4 stars

4 rated it 3 stars

5 rated it 2 stars

3 rated it 1 star

Let us know, I am seriously thinking about getting this one, it's pretty dam cheap.
I've been sleeping on this for about a week now, and I'm very happy with it. It's just what I was expecting. Mine doesn't seem to be sleeping hot, and what little chemical smell there might have been at first is long gone now. My wife and I are both sleeping wery well.

I didn't read through the whole thread, but my wife and I got a king size Sleep Number bed and it has been fantastic. We moved from a standard queen size though, so I think the size of the king is going into my assessment as well. Very comfortable bed.

'The Man With No Name said:
You are going to spend about a third of your life on the mattress, comfort is the key, not price.
Exactly. This is why I import air into our house with a blend of Arctic and French Alps air. Sure it's $10K/mo for the service, but you spend 100% of your life breathing. Not the time to go cheap.

Anyone have any discount codes for BIAB? The best I have seen is 5% off, but those are all expired at this point. Do they email out a discount ever?

I see advertisements all the time in the paper and on craigs list that say, "Queen size pillow top, new in plastic....$199" or something similiar in king size for $299. Is there a catch? :confused:

Isn't this really cheap for a new pillow top mattress?

anyone have or heard of Sarah Peyton mattress? Looks like Amazon has a sale on them down from 1200 to 373!http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001TRET1O/ref=pe_89480_20326950_pe_epc_d5
That's the one I bought from Woot.com a few months ago. It never expanded correctly, leaving a big dent in the middle. I contacted woot, as did a lot of other people, and the Sarah Peyton rep got refunds to everyone who complained.Heck of a deal, and pretty comfortable all around the edges. Maybe I was just unlucky - my guess is that it sat around shrinkwrapped in a warehouse for too long.Still very happy with the one I ended up with.

99 rated it 5 stars

16 rated it 4 stars

4 rated it 3 stars

5 rated it 2 stars

3 rated it 1 star

update?
Wife and I got this about a month ago.WELL WORTH THE CASH

Back issues have gone away, and I've never fallen asleep faster in my life

It does get a bit hot, but I've learned to sleep with less blankets.

Wife and I give it two giant thumbs up

Agree with Wrigley. Same review here. Sleeping incredibly in this bed. Great bang for the buck too.

'Wrigley said:

99 rated it 5 stars

16 rated it 4 stars

4 rated it 3 stars

5 rated it 2 stars

3 rated it 1 star

update?

The much cheaper one sold on Amazon or BIB?

'Honus said:
anyone have or heard of Sarah Peyton mattress? Looks like Amazon has a sale on them down from 1200 to 373!http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001TRET1O/ref=pe_89480_20326950_pe_epc_d5
That's the one I bought from Woot.com a few months ago. It never expanded correctly, leaving a big dent in the middle. I contacted woot, as did a lot of other people, and the Sarah Peyton rep got refunds to everyone who complained.Heck of a deal, and pretty comfortable all around the edges. Maybe I was just unlucky - my guess is that it sat around shrinkwrapped in a warehouse for too long.Still very happy with the one I ended up with.
Thanks, seems like there more negative rewiews for this one on Amazon than the sleep innovations one that's only a few bucks more.

'Honus said:
I'm a buyer and production planner in the industry and the minute these are produced and compressed, they have a 3-6 month shelf life. As time goes on, the risk for non-recovery increases. So if the customer (Amazon, Woot, etc.) is carrying too much stock, they'll notice more and more returns and eventually start dumping these things off. Which is what definitely happened with Woot.I am in contact with Amazon's buyer and this isn't the case there (As for Overstock, they have vendor managed inventory so we control the stock so there isn't that problem). Amazon has a super aggressive price strategy as they are trying to build the category.

'Wrigley said:

99 rated it 5 stars

16 rated it 4 stars

4 rated it 3 stars

5 rated it 2 stars

3 rated it 1 star

update?

The much cheaper one sold on Amazon or BIB?
Amazon

Looking into Bed in a Box vs Sleep Innovations and have three pressing questions:

1) Do either of these mattresses lose their shape after a long period of time (1-2 years)? This is one of our major concerns with Memory Foam in general.

2) Should I assume that the Sleep Innovation Bed will sleep warmer because it doesnt come with the Bamboo cover?\

3) Whats the difference between the BIAB PacBamboo vs.PacDown? More importantly, do you feel the memory foam less in a PacBamboo because of the added layer of Babmoo foam?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very close to buying the Sleep Innovations, king size, from Amazon. However, I have read a lot of different opinions about the firmness of the mattress. So, is it firm or medium? It sounds like it's not too cushy/soft, which is fine, but I don't want a brick, either. Looking to make a purchase relatively quickly with the new place almost ready to move in, so any feedback is greatly appreciated.

ETA: Also, which box springs did everyone buy? We don't have anything, so I am trying to buy something economical, but not buy the wrong box spring/foundation. Will this work: Box Spring Amazon Prime would mean free shipping on everything :thumbup:

Splurged and bought the best and most expensive mattress I've ever owned a few weeks ago. I'm blown away by it. It's the nicest thing I've ever touched in my life, and I mean anything. Cost a chunk of change, though. 2k. Best investment I've ever made. We actually went in wanted to spending around 1k but after trying it out, we couldn't leave without it. I'm catching wood even thinking about it. I haven't sweated once since buying it three weeks ago, and I sleep hot as hell. Nothing can take the place of a good night's sleep. Life is good. :thumbup:

Simmons Comforpedic Phenom Plush

I spent $1800+ on a Sterns and Foster 2 yrs ago and I absolutely hate it. My back hurts every damn morning. YMMV I guess.

We just bought a latex foam mattress a couple weeks ago and really love it. We started out thinking we were going to get a memory foam but neither of us like the feel of sinking into it. Spent two days running around town trying different types. We like the feel of the latex mattress better as you tend to sleep more on top of it than sinking into the memory foam.

Wife and I spent months researching and finally decided on Queen size 13" Bed in a Box PacBamboo Plus. Ordered this morning. Will report back after a few weeks.

Wife and I spent months researching and finally decided on Queen size 13" Bed in a Box PacBamboo Plus. Ordered this morning. Will report back after a few weeks.
What made you choose this one and what others were you comparing it to.
We were wide open. Kept coming back to this website to gather information and reviews.
wow, that website leaves no stone unturned in the search for the best mattress!My link

we did the bed-in-a-box a couple of weeks ago...not all that excited about it. I'm fine with it, my wife is being picky. I think she never really trusted an internet order mattress to start with so it's an uphill battle from the start.

We got the silk version, thinking it would be the softest and coolest. If it didn't work out, I wanted to be sure we had tried the best that bed-in-a-box had to offer.

it is much firmer than I had expected. Not plush at all. My wife has back issues, and she doesn't think that the bed is as great as we were hoping for. She doesn't feel that the memory foam is cushioning enough to give her back support like the tempur-pedics in the show room did.

If we aren't both enthralled with the mattress after the 60 days, I think we will be testing out the return policy.

we did the bed-in-a-box a couple of weeks ago...not all that excited about it. I'm fine with it, my wife is being picky. I think she never really trusted an internet order mattress to start with so it's an uphill battle from the start.We got the silk version, thinking it would be the softest and coolest. If it didn't work out, I wanted to be sure we had tried the best that bed-in-a-box had to offer.it is much firmer than I had expected. Not plush at all. My wife has back issues, and she doesn't think that the bed is as great as we were hoping for. She doesn't feel that the memory foam is cushioning enough to give her back support like the tempur-pedics in the show room did.If we aren't both enthralled with the mattress after the 60 days, I think we will be testing out the return policy.
I was sleeping like crap after two weeks in my new bed-in-a-box and ready to send it back. Two weeks later I was sleeping through the night without moving an inch and waking up before my alarm went off feeling fantastic. I think there's a reason they don't let you return it before X number of days...it certainly took an adjustment period for me....hope it's the same for you.

We have slept on ours for about 3 months now, and it's the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on. I hate traveling now. This bed has spoiled me rotten. Great value, would buy again. If any criticism, I think I recently noticed that there is a groove in the spot that I usually sleep now, though I'm not sure if it may just be in my head.

what means "the bed sleeps hot"?

do these things wear a groove eventually? great if you sleep in one position all night long but not so fun if you want to shift a bit or rotate sides/front/back.

So what's the difference between the 10" and 12" Sleep Innovations mattresses?

Besides 2" and $60 of course...

Just ordered this yesterday at Dawg's suggestion. Hell of a price $499 for the queen size.http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?whse=BCCA&topnav=&prodid=10338917&ec=BCCA-EC780-CatHome&pos=13〈=en-CA
Had this for a while now - and loving it. Had a really hot summer - slept very cool. $50 lower now too. #####in great mattress.http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?whse=BCCA&topnav=&prodid=10338917&ec=BCCA-EC780-CatHome&pos=13〈=en-CATks again Dawg

I ordered the king from amazon (biab knockoff). It arrived last week, I still have it in the box.

I also ordered a platform bed with slats, from what I read this will be fine instead of a foundation/box spring (I hope)?

We were wide open. Kept coming back to this website to gather information and reviews.
wow, that website leaves no stone unturned in the search for the best mattress!My link
Hell yes. My bed has the highest customer satisfaction rating. :thumbup: Comforpedic

Hell yes. My bed has the highest customer satisfaction rating. :thumbup: Comforpedic
And I thought the "my college sports conference is better than yours" shtick was bad.

Users who are viewing this thread