What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

HR/Recruiter Guys - Salary Question (1 Viewer)

Steeler

Footballguy
I'm 57, been with my current company for 19 years, been working on the same project for ~12 years where I've been the lead developer the whole time. It's a mission critical application and only 2 developers maintain this thing (me and another dev). It's been good, we've expanded the app over the years and I've been instrumental in designing/implementing these changes. Got a new manager about 1.5 years ago who is kind of a jerk, lol. Company is big enough I can make a lateral move without leaving, but wanted to check in to see what type of salary range I might be able to get if I looked outside the company.

Skills are: DotNetCore, C#, SQL Server (DB design, can create procs/functions/etc.), Angular

Can anyone ballpark the salary/benefits for a remote development job with these qualifications?

Last edited:
I'm not especially qualified to answer this (much more knowledgeable about comp for analytics folks than engineers), but since you haven't gotten an answer from anyone who is...I'd think that $175K/year is certainly within the reasonable range of expectations and that depending how good you are, there's probably plenty of upside. Also depends a LOT on industry.

If you know of some companies that you might apply at, I've found levels.fyi to be fairly accurate based on my own position and knowledge of some other companies.

Also 12 years in the same project seems crazy to me. I've been a developer for over 20 years and never spent more than probably 12-18 months in one project/role. How do you keep your knowledge / skills up to date? I would worry about stagnating by being on the same project / role for so long.

Also 12 years in the same project seems crazy to me. I've been a developer for over 20 years and never spent more than probably 12-18 months in one project/role. How do you keep your knowledge / skills up to date? I would worry about stagnating by being on the same project / role for so long.

It's a pretty big app with lots of different technologies and several expansions, so it's still been a lot of new development over that time, but yeah, it's time to move on.

I'm not especially qualified to answer this (much more knowledgeable about comp for analytics folks than engineers), but since you haven't gotten an answer from anyone who is...I'd think that $175K/year is certainly within the reasonable range of expectations and that depending how good you are, there's probably plenty of upside. Also depends a LOT on industry.
175K total compensation? Or 175K + bennies?

175K total compensation? Or 175K + bennies?
Yes?

Thinking probably $175K plus bonus...but certainly depends a lot on industry.

Users who are viewing this thread