What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (13 Viewers)

Scoresman said:
Been playing the Talos Principle. It's a lot like Portal, with an interesting carrot-on-a-stick thing going for it.
I am buying this as soon as it drops in price or there is a good flash sale or something. It looks right up my alley.Better or worse than Portal from a "wow this is really cool" perspective? I always describe Portal as a game that I wish I could experience for the first time again. Similar vibe?
I like it better than Portal. It's certainly prettier, with great music and voice acting. The puzzles change in style just before the point where you start to tire of it all. However, so far it doesn't have the cool physics of Portal. Where this game is better is in story and atmosphere.
Better in story? Wow. Definitely looking to buy this one.

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
NCCommish said:
Tomb Raider being free on Xbox and various folks here talking it up made me download it. Not really a platform guy but so far I am enjoying it.
I like it a lot so far. It's dare I say it, FUN.

Rare for a game these days.
Yeah I usually have a lot of screw this moments with these types of games. Only one so far with this one. But I got past it. It has a decent story, the jumping rarely feels forced and there is lots of gunplay which is what I am most comfortable with. Now my preference is a huge open world and occasionally you can feel the rail in this one. But all in all enjoying it.

Halfway through episode 5 on TWD season 2.

Wow. I love season 2 even more than season 1.

On mission 11/16 on Alien Isolation. The game continues to be a fantastic survival horror experience. It is a slow burn type of game. Using different items now and getting creative (plus the flame thrower is a huge help) with fending off the Xenomorph. Felt great throwing a bomb at it and watching it take off after the explosion. Using smoke bombs to get through certain area's where there is limited cover. using noisemakers to attract the Xeno and slip out the other side. Finally picked up a shotgun which is very helpful with the Working Joe Synthetics and Rouge human enemies.

The game demands you be creative, work slow and steady and be able to stay still at times too. It is not an action shooter. It is a very strong homage to the first film. I love it. The difficulty is very hard and I am playing on easy. The Alien is no joke and the developer knocked it out of the park with the Alien AI.

So I also started Far Cry 4 this past weekend. WOW!!!!! Simply put it is the best FPS I have ever played...no question. There is so much to do and the living environment is second to none (the map is gigantic and I have not even opened up the north part of it). I finished Far Cry 3 (main story and liberated every outpost and turned on every tower) last week. I loved that game. Far Cry 4 is better in so many ways. It really shows off the power of the PS4. Just a wonderful game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't been able to DL a free game in months on the 360. It starts, stops and tells me it can't be DL'd. Memory is not an issue, and it says "Download Again" when I search for the game. Same thing happened with Witcher 2 and now TR.

What gives?
Tony, I know you said it was not a memory problem, but just to make sure, have you tried to clear the System Cache? I have read that this has fixed some peoples issues with downloads.

If you have not tried it, it might be worth a shot. Here are the steps:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/system/clear-system-cache
Will give it a shot. TY. :thumbup:

Been playing H1Z1 early access alpha. The sandbox servers are pretty cool, but the Battle Royale servers are fantastic.
Hours played to money spent is crazy. $20 is worth it for as many BRs as you can take.

Once they patch out aimpunch it's going to be amazing.

Been playing a lot of Skyrim (Dragonborn) but as awesome as it is it gets to be a little "rinse-and-repeat", even with the level 81 cap which forces you to modify play styles to keep leveling it gets to be a lot. So I started looking into mods and after reading tons of reviews I installed "Companion Vilja" and while her quest line is not particularly special she is an amazingly robust character. I mean thousands of lines of dialogue from simple comments about an innkeeper in Markarth to more thoughtful monologues on the nature of love and loss. She is easily the most interesting character in the vanilla game and makes all other vanilla game companions and Carls seem annoyingly mundane by comparison. It's truly amazing that a couple of unpaid modders would put so much time into creating something like this but bravo to them because they made the game far more interesting.

Anybody know if there is a workaround for the banging/shaking screen bug for the 360 version of Skyrim?

Essentially ruined the game for me as I have ZERO interest replaying from the start.

Todem said:

Really? I found I didn't care about any of the characters in season 2 very much. Maybe Jane, but that was it. Certainly nowhere near Lee or younger Clementine.

Todem said:

Really? I found I didn't care about any of the characters in season 2 very much. Maybe Jane, but that was it. Certainly nowhere near Lee or younger Clementine.
I like older Clementine far more.

I really am enjoying Jane. I just am finding this one far more tense and mature. Season one was brilliant too. I loved it. I am just feeling this even more.

Lee was the best character in the series so far that I agree with. But Clem is so much more developed now in season 2. Kenny has also been super strong in season 2. Carver was a true sadistic SOB.

Overall more grit in season 2. I finally played 400 days and really enjoyed that too.

I can't wait for season 3!!!!

I like older Clementine far more.
I really wish that 400 Days played into season 2. Nevermind. Looking back, I guess it played more into it than I thought. It's been so long since I played 400 Days. I didn't even remember anything continuing over.

Thanks for fixing the spoiler. :)

Anyone know anything about Steam Machines?

Can you play multiplayer with only other Steam Machine owners or can you play with console and/or PC gamers?

Will they only allow for Steam games so UBI or Origin games will still require a different machine?

Been playing a lot of Skyrim (Dragonborn) but as awesome as it is it gets to be a little "rinse-and-repeat", even with the level 81 cap which forces you to modify play styles to keep leveling it gets to be a lot. So I started looking into mods and after reading tons of reviews I installed "Companion Vilja" and while her quest line is not particularly special she is an amazingly robust character. I mean thousands of lines of dialogue from simple comments about an innkeeper in Markarth to more thoughtful monologues on the nature of love and loss. She is easily the most interesting character in the vanilla game and makes all other vanilla game companions and Carls seem annoyingly mundane by comparison. It's truly amazing that a couple of unpaid modders would put so much time into creating something like this but bravo to them because they made the game far more interesting.
This was one of the mods I installed when I went PC, and I concur - excellent.

Also downloaded a mod that really beefs up your player home (the Lakewood one) - becomes almost a small village. A few other assorted mods (dungeons/etc), and a self imposed "get all Dragon Priest masks" quest, and there's another 100 hours out of this thing.

Amazing game.

SlaX said:
belljr said:
NewlyRetired said:
So the old thread is back it seems. What happened to the new thread?
think it's merged
Here's the new one. They need to merge them or lock this one.
Wth? You mean lock the other one. I already lost the Recently viewed movie thread, don't take this one from me too.
I thought the point was to keep the post count down on these threads and it was the reason it was supposed to be "locked and moved to archives".

SlaX said:
belljr said:
NewlyRetired said:
think it's merged
Wth? You mean lock the other one. I already lost the Recently viewed movie thread, don't take this one from me too.
I thought the point was to keep the post count down on these threads and it was the reason it was supposed to be "locked and moved to archives".
15 threads were closed and moved to archive, but yesterday 2 of the 15 came back and are open again. They might be testing something.

jwb said:

Also downloaded a mod that really beefs up your player home (the Lakewood one) - becomes almost a small village. A few other assorted mods (dungeons/etc), and a self imposed "get all Dragon Priest masks" quest, and there's another 100 hours out of this thing.

Amazing game.
I already got all the Dragon Priest masks (vanilla game, need one or two more in Dragonborn I think), it was kind of underwhelming IMO. I would prefer to have them on display in my house. I saw one mod for a gigantic compound, it was redonkulous but it was a unique structure not an expansion on a Hearthfire house. I will look for the one to expand Lakeview Manor, because that is my favorite home.

The problem I am finding with the mods is they make the vanilla characters kinda boring, particularly as it relates to NPC interactions ("I GET IT LYDIA YOU'RE HONORED TO ####### SEE ME! NOW #### AND GO MAKE ME A TURKEY POT PIE!!!" "HEY BELETHOR THIS IS OUR 8,000TH ####### TRANSACTION!!! I KNOW EVERYTHING IS FOR ####### SALE! THIS IS WHY I KEEP ROBBING YOU!").

Such a great game.

SlaX said:
belljr said:
NewlyRetired said:
think it's merged
I thought the same thing, I'm just hoping this one slipped through the cracks.

SlaX said:
belljr said:
NewlyRetired said:
think it's merged
15 threads were closed and moved to archive, but yesterday 2 of the 15 came back and are open again. They might be testing something.
The archive forum is gone from the Our Forums page (though it never worked when it was there).

SlaX said:
belljr said:
NewlyRetired said:
think it's merged
I thought the same thing, I'm just hoping this one slipped through the cracks.
I'm fine with merging too. We don't need them both. It creates confusion. Especially when both have the same thread title.

Dying light is hard or Im just terrible at it
There's a little bit of a curve. Not sure it's even a "learning" curve. I don't want to ruin it, so I won't explain.
can you put it in a spoiler for me because im like level 7 in everything and still dying way too much.
What is killing you the most? How are you dying? Falling deaths can SMB, G, but those are just my fault.
swarms of zombies when i have to fight. Im talking during the day

Dying light is hard or Im just terrible at it
There's a little bit of a curve. Not sure it's even a "learning" curve. I don't want to ruin it, so I won't explain.
can you put it in a spoiler for me because im like level 7 in everything and still dying way too much.
What is killing you the most? How are you dying? Falling deaths can SMB, G, but those are just my fault.
swarms of zombies when i have to fight. Im talking during the day
not earth shattering, but my mindset changed at some point during the game. I started out trying to "clear out" zombies whenever I was swarmed. Kill, kill, kill, until there are no more to kill. Now, I try to avoid fighting and killing zombies as much as possible. Kill only the ones that are literally blocking you, avoid the rest (of course this doesn't apply to safe zones). Hurdle them, kick them, use your counter moves, ect. Swinging a weapon takes time, and most zombies you are going to have to whack a bunch of times to take out (at least early). Avoiding fights saves your weapons, which is a big deal early IMO.

There is one early mission in particular that has to be close to impossible if you set out to fight your way to the objective.
I recently found a MG and some ammo. Really not sure how guns are really going to work in this game. I quickly used my ammo, then resorted to more basic methods which seemed more effective, especially if you are employing the tactics above.

Amazing game.
You guys are really making me want to drop $30 on the PC version after I already played 4 chars to level 40+ on my PS3.

I picked up Dying Light and played 4.5 hours straight last night with my Brother-inlaw in Co-Op.

THIS GAME ROCKS!!!!!!!!

Resources, scavenging and exploring.....that is the key early. Also you get 2X's XP at night...but night time is craziness.

I absolutely love the vibe, music and ambience of this title. Very retro, 1980's vibe going on. Think Escape From New York meets Day Of The Dead (the vastly underrated and best flick in the Dead series IMO).

This game begs to be played online with friends. Up to 4 can play at a time in the campaign.

Amazing game.
You guys are really making me want to drop $30 on the PC version after I already played 4 chars to level 40+ on my PS3.
and seeing all the mods should put you over the top...

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/

I picked up Dying Light and played 4.5 hours straight last night with my Brother-inlaw in Co-Op.

THIS GAME ROCKS!!!!!!!!

Resources, scavenging and exploring.....that is the key early. Also you get 2X's XP at night...but night time is craziness.

I absolutely love the vibe, music and ambience of this title. Very retro, 1980's vibe going on. Think Escape From New York meets Day Of The Dead (the vastly underrated and best flick in the Dead series IMO).

This game begs to be played online with friends. Up to 4 can play at a time in the campaign.
intrigued

Amazing game.
and seeing all the mods should put you over the top...

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/
The mods can really send you down some deep, deep rabbit holes.

Users who are viewing this thread