What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (12 Viewers)

Amazon is going to offer 20% discounts on pre orders of physical copies if you are a Prime member. That should put an end to gamestop
Lat 2 games I purchased were reduced as PRIME
How much? Typical discount is just a few bucks. 20% is a bit more significant.
Fallout 4 before Christmas - Price said 59.88 but I got it for 9.89 off

And another one I was going to buy and had a discount in my cart but ended up removing it. Forget which one.

Maybe it was a special :)

Andy Dufresne said:
Drifter said:
Amazon is going to offer 20% discounts on pre orders of physical copies if you are a Prime member. That should put an end to gamestop
Best Buy gives 20% off new games and typically gives you a $10 pre order bonus to boot for Gamers Club members.
How much does it cost to become a Gamer's Club member?

Uncharted 2 and 3 are without question the best video game story wise I've ever played. And I'm considering them one long game. Story is too connected not to.

Nathan Drake and Sully might be the only video game charceters I've ever cared about like I would a movie charecter. Enjoyed the experience.

Just started MGS:V over the weekend. Love it, but F am I bad at doing stealthy missions, I take tons of time, do a great job making my way through most of the outpost, then blow it towards the end and it just turns into a massive gun fight (umm not like that isn't awesome though).

I have a feeling I'm going to have a LOT of hours in this game. I think the only thing I don't like about it so far is how f-ing noisy it is whenever he opens a damn door. I'm trying to sneak here, can you open the door quietly???

Oh also dislike the Keifer Southerland voice, think that was a bad decision.

Uncharted 2 and 3 are without question the best video game story wise I've ever played. And I'm considering them one long game. Story is too connected not to.

Nathan Drake and Sully might be the only video game charceters I've ever cared about like I would a movie charecter. Enjoyed the experience.
The REAL question is...Elana or Chloe?I'm an Elana guy.

Just finished up Wolfenstein New Order PS3. As was suggested somewhere in this thread, it's a straightforward you against Nazis FPS that delivers on what it promises without really breaking any new ground. The campaign felt long, but in a good way - I definitely got more than my $15 worth of fun out of it, but I can't picture replaying it ever. And it did turn out that there was 3, maybe 4 seconds of sex in the whole game (gratuitous at that) and that was during the minute that my kid was watching.

Now starting up FarCry 4.

I only really play video games in the winter when I can't be outside. It's nice to have a backlog of great games available for less than $20. Still haven't found a reason to upgrade to PS4.

Xbox really tapped the breaks on backward compatibility, eh?

This is the list????

• Braid
  • DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION
  • Doritos Crash Course
  • Fable III
  • Halo: Reach
  • Hydro Thunder
  • Iron Brigade
  • Kane & Lynch 2
  • Motocross Madness
  • MS.PAC-MAN
  • Peggle
  • Portal: Still Alive
  • Spelunky
  • Splosion Man
  • Ticket to Ride™
  • Zuma’s Revenge!
ETA:

I guess these are new additions. :bag:

Last edited by a moderator:
A Kingdom for Keflings
A World of Keflings
Alien Hominid HD
Assassin’s Creed II
Asteroids & Deluxe
Banjo Kazooie®: Nuts & Bolts
Banjo-Kazooie®
Banjo-Tooie®
BattleBlock Theater
Bejeweled 2
Bellator: MMA Onslaught
Beyond Good & Evil HD
Blood of the Werewolf
BloodRayne: Betrayal
Borderlands
Call of Juarez® Gunslinger
Castle Crashers
CastleStorm
Centipede & Millipede
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Crazy Taxi™
Deadliest Warrior: Legends
Defense Grid: The Awakening
DiRT 3
DiRT Showdown
Discs of Tron
Doom
Doom II
Dungeon Siege III
Earthworm Jim HD
Fable II
Fallout 3
Feeding Frenzy
Feeding Frenzy 2: Shipwreck Showdown
Gears of War
Gears of War 2
Gears of War 3
Gears of War: Judgment
Golden Axe™
Halo: Spartan Assault
Hardwood Backgammon®
Hardwood Hearts®
Hardwood Spades®
Heavy Weapon
Hexic HD
Ikaruga
Jetpac Refuelled
Joy Ride Turbo
Just Cause 2
Kameo™: Elements of Power
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game
LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
Lode Runner™
LUMINES LIVE!
Mass Effect™
Metal Slug 3
Metal Slug XX
Might & Magic Clash of Heroes™
Mirror’s Edge™
Missile Command
Monday Night Combat
Monkey Island: Special Edition
Monkey Island 2: Special Edition
Ms. Splosion Man™
Mutant Blobs Attack!!!
N+
NBA JAM: On Fire Edition
NiGHTS into dreams…
Operation Flashpoint™: Dragon Rising
Pac-Man: Championship Edition™
Pac-Man: Championship Edition DX+
Perfect Dark
Perfect Dark Zero
Phantom Breaker:Battle Grounds
Pinball FX™
Plants vs. Zombies
Prince of Persia
Putty Squad
Rayman 3 HD
R-Type Dimensions™
Sacred Citadel
Sega Vintage Collection: Alex Kidd & Co.
Sega Vintage Collection: Golden Axe
Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World
Sega Vintage Collection: Streets of Rage
Shadow Complex
Sonic CD
Sonic The Hedgehog
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Sonic The Hedgehog 3
Super Meat Boy
Supreme Commander 2
Tom Clancy’s RainbowSix Vegas
Tom Clancy’s RainbowSix Vegas 2
South Park: The Stick of Truth™
Torchlight
Toy Soldiers
Toy Soldiers: Cold War
Tron: Evolution
Ugly Americans: Apocalypsegeddon
Viva Piñata
Viva Piñata: Trouble In Paradise
Wolfenstein 3D
Zuma

Just started MGS:V over the weekend. Love it, but F am I bad at doing stealthy missions, I take tons of time, do a great job making my way through most of the outpost, then blow it towards the end and it just turns into a massive gun fight (umm not like that isn't awesome though).

I have a feeling I'm going to have a LOT of hours in this game. I think the only thing I don't like about it so far is how f-ing noisy it is whenever he opens a damn door. I'm trying to sneak here, can you open the door quietly???

Oh also dislike the Keifer Southerland voice, think that was a bad decision.
I was the same way at first. One tip is to zoom in with your sleep gun and aim for their heads. Fyi it gets much easier the further you go almost too easy.

:goodposting: Definitely Elena Fisher.

Someone talk me into Mass Effect.

I have Mass Effect 3 for the PC. I've fired it up at least three or four times and never got into it.

I 200+ hour, nerd out on open world RPG like Skyrim and Fallout but every time I pick up ME, I can't get more than 4 hours into it. Too bored and can start or restart any other game and drop it.

What am I missing? Do I need to invest more time? Should I have started earlier in the series?

I have Mass Effect 3 for the PC. I've fired it up at least three or four times and never got into it.

I 200+ hour, nerd out on open world RPG like Skyrim and Fallout but every time I pick up ME, I can't get more than 4 hours into it. Too bored and can start or restart any other game and drop it.

What am I missing? Do I need to invest more time? Should I have started earlier in the series?
First of all, starting at 3 gives you zero investment into the story. The appeal of Mass effect is that each choice you make gets reflected in each subsequent game. Some are large and some are minor but the attention to detail is what makes you feel like you are truly roleplaying your character.

ME1 is about unraveling a big galactic mystery that seems mundane buy becomes massive in scope. You can choose to explore the galaxy at your pace. The combat is a bit dated by today's standards (it was released in 2007) but the story, setting and RPG elements are fantastic.

ME2 picks up right where you left off but turns everything on its head in the first scene. This one has way more interesting side stories and character development. The overall plot is interesting but not as grand as ME1. The end sets up an epic final battle for ME3. Combat is improved but RPG and exploration are all but removed. Still it's a great experience and introduces many new planets and interesting characters.

ME3 picks up several months after 2 and the end is nigh. You have to gather the galaxy and solve many of the major plot points from the series. This all leads up to the grand finale. The combat is the best of the series and many of the RPG elements have returned from 1. This one has the best gameplay of the series. The story is not as good as the previous two but still very satisfying.

If you like space story driven gameplay, then you will want to start from scratch and push your way through the initial phases to get to the good stuff. Best game series I've ever played.

First of all, starting at 3 gives you zero investment into the story. The appeal of Mass effect is that each choice you make gets reflected in each subsequent game. Some are large and some are minor but the attention to detail is what makes you feel like you are truly roleplaying your character. ME1 is about unraveling a big galactic mystery that seems mundane buy becomes massive in scope. You can choose to explore the galaxy at your pace. The combat is a bit dated by today's standards (it was released in 2007) but the story, setting and RPG elements are fantastic.

ME2 picks up right where you left off but turns everything on its head in the first scene. This one has way more interesting side stories and character development. The overall plot is interesting but not as grand as ME1. The end sets up an epic final battle for ME3. Combat is improved but RPG and exploration are all but removed. Still it's a great experience and introduces many new planets and interesting characters.

ME3 picks up several months after 2 and the end is nigh. You have to gather the galaxy and solve many of the major plot points from the series. This all leads up to the grand finale. The combat is the best of the series and many of the RPG elements have returned from 1. This one has the best gameplay of the series. The story is not as good as the previous two but still very satisfying.

If you like space story driven gameplay, then you will want to start from scratch and push your way through the initial phases to get to the good stuff. Best game series I've ever played.
Very good posting. Love that series.

Just finished main mission in just cause 3.

Got a little monotonous. And the main missions were a tad easy but I enjoyed it

Can't go wrong with either.

Just finished main mission in just cause 3.

Got a little monotonous. And the main missions were a tad easy but I enjoyed it
I'm pounding through it right now so I can sell the disc for a few bucks. The novelty of this game wore off fast. It looks good and is fun though. Prob a great game for people who don't care for online content.

Just started Uncharted 3. FANTASTIC. Cool seeing little Nathan and a younger Sully.

The graphics on these games are out of this world. I know it was remastered for PS4. Do all games for PS4 look this good?

Just started Uncharted 3. FANTASTIC. Cool seeing little Nathan and a younger Sully.

The graphics on these games are out of this world. I know it was remastered for PS4. Do all games for PS4 look this good?
No. Those are PS3 graphics on a PS4. PS4 is usually better. I think the remastered Last of Us looks better than Uncharted 3. Wait for Uncharted 4 to come out. Those graphics should be incredible.

No. Those are PS3 graphics on a PS4. PS4 is usually better. I think the remastered Last of Us looks better than Uncharted 3. Wait for Uncharted 4 to come out. Those graphics should be incredible.
Good to know. Actually will be my next two purchases. Last of Us is a big reason I wanted a PS4 (had a XB360). Just waiting to finish UC3. When is UC4 due out?

Thanks, Insein. I'll start with ME1 with the goal of finishing the series in 2016 (around FO4, of course). It seems like a set of games that I would really enjoy.

Thanks, Insein. I'll start with ME1 with the goal of finishing the series in 2016 (around FO4, of course). It seems like a set of games that I would really enjoy.
I'd say the ME games were better than the new Fallout game. ME1 is a bit aged now and I had to force myself through parts of it, but it's not that long overall and still solid. It's worth it to play ME2 which I thought was outstanding. 3 was more of the same as 2, but fell short of 2's greatness for me.

ME1 is best set on east and plowed through ASAP, IMO.

The story is, of course, great but the gameplay is wholly outdated...also IMO.
I can agree with this. Nothing is really gained by playing on harder difficulty at this point. Keep it at normal though because easy is embarrassing.

It's not ME, it's you.

TheAristocrat said:
Just a personal warning, Mass Effect 1 does start out a bit slow, but if you take the time to explore the Citadel during your time there and learn about the universe they created, you'll appreciate it more. Also, it may take getting past the first Citadel visit to really start getting good.

Still no ME2 and ME3.
They haven't figured out how to do the backwards compatibility on multi-disc titles yet. The makers of Deus Ex said they've been told it would be available early this year though (the Director's Cut is multi-disc). So hopefully there is a light at the end of the tunnel. BioWare has said they won't be doing a remaster of the ME titles, so there's no downside for them to allow the BC.

Still no ME2 and ME3.
They haven't figured out how to do the backwards compatibility on multi-disc titles yet. The makers of Deus Ex said they've been told it would be available early this year though (the Director's Cut is multi-disc). So hopefully there is a light at the end of the tunnel. BioWare has said they won't be doing a remaster of the ME titles, so there's no downside for them to allow the BC.
Good to hear. I plan on getting an XB1 this year and that game is my main concern on moving over. Still hanging onto the 360 just in case.

Good to know. Actually will be my next two purchases. Last of Us is a big reason I wanted a PS4 (had a XB360). Just waiting to finish UC3. When is UC4 due out?
4/26 is the latest release date.

I'm not sure I get it. Why are so many people concerned about being able to play old games on their new system? If you wanted to play the old games, wouldn't it have been easy to just keep the old system? Seems you'd want them spending time making new games for the new system rather than spending it trying to let you play old ones you've already been through. Do the "new" old games have graphic improvements and stuff? Or are they just direct ports?

I'm not sure I get it. Why are so many people concerned about being able to play old games on their new system? If you wanted to play the old games, wouldn't it have been easy to just keep the old system? Seems you'd want them spending time making new games for the new system rather than spending it trying to let you play old ones you've already been through. Do the "new" old games have graphic improvements and stuff? Or are they just direct ports?
I want to be able to still play the games that I own. So having an XBox one and Xbox 360 hooked up to the same TV is a bit inconvenient.

NHL '16 "Be A Pro" question....

Do I need to play the whole season as my 18 Y.O. player? It's pretty easy so far and I don't want to have to play 80 games or whatever just to get to the next level.

Do I need to play the whole season as my 18 Y.O. player? It's pretty easy so far and I don't want to have to play 80 games or whatever just to get to the next level.
what do you mean have to play 80 games? You mean to get called up?

I bumped the play level instantly because Pro is too easy.

You can get called up in the middle of the first year. I did. Then got sent back down and now back up "permanently" my second year.

I started at whatever the lowest level was (playing for the Spitfires!). Must be the game's equivalent of juniors?

Every couple of games I allocate training points. I just cracked it open last night so I'm just fumbling my way here.

What a good game though. I like how it plays.

I started at whatever the lowest level was (playing for the Spitfires!). Must be the game's equivalent of juniors?

Every couple of games I allocate training points. I just cracked it open last night so I'm just fumbling my way here.

What a good game though. I like how it plays.
Sorry what I'm saying is this, the play computer level you play against is Rookie, pro, all-star, superstar.

I wasn't talking about the minors. I love this game. i took a break to play a few Christmas games but will jump back in with my Winger again.

Good question... I started a player and got called up pretty quick... but I wasn't that happy with him because he was a lefty. Then I made another character who was a righty who couldn't get called up for ####. I guess I simulated a bit more with him and he was a sharpshooter instead of a playmaker... but it didn't make sense to me. Went back to the lefty

Good Humble Bundle out right now. Firaxis games.

Humble Firaxis BundleThis bundle's on Firaxis! Is it hot in here, or is it just this Firaxis bundle? Whatever it is, with Civ V, Beyond Earth, loads of XCOM, and more, we recommend getting this bundle while it's hot and fresh out of the bundle kitchen!

Pay $1 or more for XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Sid Meier’s Pirates!, Ace Patrol Bundle, and Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete.

Pay more than the average price to also receive Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition, Sid Meier's Civilization V, Sid Meier's Starships,XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Soldier Pack, XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Slingshot Pack, XCOM: Enemy Within, and 10% off one month of Humble Monthly.

Pay $15 or more for all of that plus Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth, Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth - Exoplanets Map Pack, and a coupon for 33% off Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth - Rising Tide DLC in the Humble Store.

Humble Firaxis BundleThis bundle's on Firaxis! Is it hot in here, or is it just this Firaxis bundle? Whatever it is, with Civ V, Beyond Earth, loads of XCOM, and more, we recommend getting this bundle while it's hot and fresh out of the bundle kitchen!

Pay $1 or more for XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Sid Meier’s Pirates!, Ace Patrol Bundle, and Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete.

Pay more than the average price to also receive Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition, Sid Meier's Civilization V, Sid Meier's Starships,XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Soldier Pack, XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Slingshot Pack, XCOM: Enemy Within, and 10% off one month of Humble Monthly.

Pay $15 or more for all of that plus Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth, Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth - Exoplanets Map Pack, and a coupon for 33% off Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth - Rising Tide DLC in the Humble Store.
No need to pay more for Beyond Earth, either. Civilization V is where it's at.

I know I'm in the minority here but I've never played any xcom game. Might have to pick this up.

I picked up Far Cry 4 on sale for $15 a few weeks ago, and I'm slowly chugging through it. There's nothing wrong with it per se, but it's like every other Ubisoft game ever. Climb towers to open up the map, liberate strongholds to control territory, collect X units of Y to upgrade your Z, random chase-this-guy-down or rescue-this-guy encounters, etc. A lot of content, but it's all pretty shallow. Looks gorgeous though.

Kind of a lull here until Dark Souls 3.

I know I'm in the minority here but I've never played any xcom game. Might have to pick this up.
XCOM: Enemy Unknown was stellar but also hard as hell once you started bumping up the difficulty a little. I never even bothered attempting Ironman.

I picked up Far Cry 4 on sale for $15 a few weeks ago, and I'm slowly chugging through it. There's nothing wrong with it per se, but it's like every other Ubisoft game ever. Climb towers to open up the map, liberate strongholds to control territory, collect X units of Y to upgrade your Z, random chase-this-guy-down or rescue-this-guy encounters, etc. A lot of content, but it's all pretty shallow. Looks gorgeous though.

Kind of a lull here until Dark Souls 3.
Enjoying it myself. I enjoy freeing the towers, taking over the bases. I'm about 54% through right now and am to the point of having to do main missions to open up the next area. I like the Far Cry type of games. Edited to add: I have died waaaaaay more than I ever did in Far Cry 3. Mostly due to lack of cover when I think I am out of view, and they spot me and set off alarms.

NewlyRetired said:
I have been playing console based games for roughly 40 years going all the way back to Telstar Alpha. http://www.old-computers.com/museum/photos/coleco_telstar_alpha.jpg

In all those years, I think I can safely say that Diablo 3 has provided more free extra content than any other game I have ever played.

2.4 just dropped to the consoles recently and has yet again a ton of new free content.
Im liking this game. I picked it up a few weeks when I was sick, never played one before. I finished the main story, and now up to Level 70, Paragon 135, but really have no clue on my builds. Im only on Torment 5 now, doing all the bounties over and over.

I did get a kick out of the care bear/unicorn and cow fields.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown was stellar but also hard as hell once you started bumping up the difficulty a little. I never even bothered attempting Ironman.
Xcom 2 in like 2 weeks. :excited:

Users who are viewing this thread