What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (14 Viewers)

Good Humble Bundle out right now. Firaxis games.

Humble Firaxis Bundle

This bundle's on Firaxis! Is it hot in here, or is it just this Firaxis bundle? Whatever it is, with Civ V, Beyond Earth, loads of XCOM, and more, we recommend getting this bundle while it's hot and fresh out of the bundle kitchen!

Pay $1 or more for XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Sid Meiers Pirates!, Ace Patrol Bundle, and Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete.

Pay more than the average price to also receive Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition, Sid Meier's Civilization V, Sid Meier's Starships,XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Soldier Pack, XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Slingshot Pack, XCOM: Enemy Within, and 10% off one month of Humble Monthly.

Pay $15 or more for all of that plus Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth, Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth - Exoplanets Map Pack, and a coupon for 33% off Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth - Rising Tide DLC in the Humble Store.
No need to pay more for Beyond Earth, either. Civilization V is where it's at.
I know I'm in the minority here but I've never played any xcom game. Might have to pick this up.
XCOM: Enemy Unknown was stellar but also hard as hell once you started bumping up the difficulty a little. I never even bothered attempting Ironman.
Xcom 2 in like 2 weeks. :excited:
Started long war again. Don't think I'm ever getting it done. Barely at good armor and have hardly any money each month.

I need to pick up one of my old games I've never finished.

Far Cry 3

or

Assassin's Creed Black Flag

or

Dragon Age Inquisition

or

Dying Light

Also considering firing up Skyrim

Humble Firaxis Bundle

This bundle's on Firaxis! Is it hot in here, or is it just this Firaxis bundle? Whatever it is, with Civ V, Beyond Earth, loads of XCOM, and more, we recommend getting this bundle while it's hot and fresh out of the bundle kitchen!

Pay $1 or more for XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Sid Meiers Pirates!, Ace Patrol Bundle, and Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete.

Pay more than the average price to also receive Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition, Sid Meier's Civilization V, Sid Meier's Starships,XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Soldier Pack, XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Slingshot Pack, XCOM: Enemy Within, and 10% off one month of Humble Monthly.

Pay $15 or more for all of that plus Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth, Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth - Exoplanets Map Pack, and a coupon for 33% off Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth - Rising Tide DLC in the Humble Store.
I know I'm in the minority here but I've never played any xcom game. Might have to pick this up.
XCOM: Enemy Unknown was stellar but also hard as hell once you started bumping up the difficulty a little. I never even bothered attempting Ironman.
Started long war again. Don't think I'm ever getting it done. Barely at good armor and have hardly any money each month.
Even starting over the mission every single time I lost a man, it was damn near impossible and took up way too much of my time. Just so damn tough.

It wasn't even a fun challenge, because the only way to beat it was to cheese like I did. It was just a grind that I really regret putting myself through.

Humble Firaxis Bundle

Even starting over the mission every single time I lost a man, it was damn near impossible and took up way too much of my time. Just so damn tough.

It wasn't even a fun challenge, because the only way to beat it was to cheese like I did. It was just a grind that I really regret putting myself through.
I like the game mechanics but I saw a video of the final Uber Etheral battle. He regens 19 health per turn. Plus he has elite Commander mutons and 2 other etherals guarding him. I just can't imagine ever getting to that point.

Humble Firaxis Bundle

I like the game mechanics but I saw a video of the final Uber Etheral battle. He regens 19 health per turn. Plus he has elite Commander mutons and 2 other etherals guarding him. I just can't imagine ever getting to that point.
When i played it (maybe they've changed it with a patch since then) he took ZERO damage until you killed the other 2 ethereals. So basically, you had to kill everyone else before you could damage him.

Once I got to that point, I abandoned my whole "restart after a death" plan and just started Cntrl-Alt-deleting to desktop every time I lost. (so I could re-start outside the chamber) I had already gotten to the last chamber 3 separate times (without taking major damage) and just wanted to get it over with. Pretty sure I lost like 6 soldiers (including 2 of my 3 fully upgraded MECS) before I was finally able to kill him.

Humble Firaxis Bundle

When i played it (maybe they've changed it with a patch since then) he took ZERO damage until you killed the other 2 ethereals. So basically, you had to kill everyone else before you could damage him.

Once I got to that point, I abandoned my whole "restart after a death" plan and just started Cntrl-Alt-deleting to desktop every time I lost. (so I could re-start outside the chamber) I had already gotten to the last chamber 3 separate times (without taking major damage) and just wanted to get it over with. Pretty sure I lost like 6 soldiers (including 2 of my 3 fully upgraded MECS) before I was finally able to kill him.
Yea the video I saw had that. Crazy hard

NewlyRetired said:
I have been playing console based games for roughly 40 years going all the way back to Telstar Alpha. http://www.old-computers.com/museum/photos/coleco_telstar_alpha.jpg

In all those years, I think I can safely say that Diablo 3 has provided more free extra content than any other game I have ever played.

2.4 just dropped to the consoles recently and has yet again a ton of new free content.
Im liking this game. I picked it up a few weeks when I was sick, never played one before. I finished the main story, and now up to Level 70, Paragon 135, but really have no clue on my builds. Im only on Torment 5 now, doing all the bounties over and over.

I did get a kick out of the care bear/unicorn and cow fields.
I must be missing something/doing it wrong. I bought the game back when, probably just the plain version. Played through it a few times, maybe 2 1/2, and was seeing nothing but more of the same. A lot of the stuff people talked about concerning this game, I had no clue about. Like most of your post. Just things I never saw.

NewlyRetired said:
I have been playing console based games for roughly 40 years going all the way back to Telstar Alpha. http://www.old-computers.com/museum/photos/coleco_telstar_alpha.jpg

In all those years, I think I can safely say that Diablo 3 has provided more free extra content than any other game I have ever played.

2.4 just dropped to the consoles recently and has yet again a ton of new free content.
Im liking this game. I picked it up a few weeks when I was sick, never played one before. I finished the main story, and now up to Level 70, Paragon 135, but really have no clue on my builds. Im only on Torment 5 now, doing all the bounties over and over.

The key to the game is to try and do two things

1) increase the greater rift levels you can clear

2) increase the torment level you do bounties in

Once you feel like you are capped in either or both, that is the time to start a new character and see if you can build that one better to clear even more.

The care bear level cracks me up :)

Have you found the Vault yet? It is a very rare portal drop from one of the treasure goblin guys that lets you into the vault, which is a very cool treasure realm and gives you access to a boss that is no where else in the game and drops a special gem.

NewlyRetired said:

I must be missing something/doing it wrong. I bought the game back when, probably just the plain version. Played through it a few times, maybe 2 1/2, and was seeing nothing but more of the same. A lot of the stuff people talked about concerning this game, I had no clue about. Like most of your post. Just things I never saw.
The version most of us are talking about is called Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil (on consoles) or Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls on the PC.

Diablo 3 is a very repetitive game, as are most ARPG's. It is all about character building. If you are looking for a deep story or for significant variation each time you play, it will be very disappointing.

NewlyRetired said:

The key to the game is to try and do two things

1) increase the greater rift levels you can clear

2) increase the torment level you do bounties in

Once you feel like you are capped in either or both, that is the time to start a new character and see if you can build that one better to clear even more.

The care bear level cracks me up :)

Have you found the Vault yet? It is a very rare portal drop from one of the treasure goblin guys that lets you into the vault, which is a very cool treasure realm and gives you access to a boss that is no where else in the game and drops a special gem.
Yeah, Ive been to the vault twice. Once through the goblin portal and once giving up the puzzle ring. Ive only been to rift 12, so I guess I should do more of that.

NewlyRetired said:

I finally bought the XB1 version during the Countdown sale over the holidays. Wife and I just started new characters again over the weekend rather than move our old ones over from the PS3. Loving this game again. I can't remember if you're XB1 or PS4, but if it's XB1 feel free to add me...WHFiveOH .

Question about the Drake Collection. Never played any Uncharted before. Should I go through 1, 2 then 3 or skip one or others?

Bought that Humble Bundle even though I've had most of the games in the past, just so i had them in Steam. Played Pirates! last night. Still fun, but that reboot added too much stupid 90s gaming #### (stupid animations, dancing) to what was a great game back in the day.

Bought that Humble Bundle even though I've had most of the games in the past, just so i had them in Steam. Played Pirates! last night. Still fun, but that reboot added too much stupid 90s gaming #### (stupid animations, dancing) to what was a great game back in the day.
Yea the dancing always pissed me off.

Grabbed it also. Mainly because I don't have Xcom yet, and have always been meaning to get it, but nice to add some of those other to steam also.

First time I've ever bought one of them before.

Yea the dancing always pissed me off.
Worse than this?
No nothing is worse than that
:lmao: Never saw that before. And I was better off for it.

I found Diablo III to be very polished game that tests your ability to spam three different buttons every few seconds.
That was a nice summation for me, well done. I think though I am not playing the same version as NR and the others. So may have a lot to do with it. I am more of a fan though of the Uncharteds, the Far Crys, etc and so on. More my pace.

I finally bought the XB1 version during the Countdown sale over the holidays. Wife and I just started new characters again over the weekend rather than move our old ones over from the PS3. Loving this game again. I can't remember if you're XB1 or PS4, but if it's XB1 feel free to add me...WHFiveOH .
I am on PS4 but have been away from the game for a while. I am looking forward to trying out all the new content since the last toon I ran.

Anyone play Life is Strange? Thoughts?
Easily in my top 5 games of the year along side Taletells Tales from the Borderlands. Two of my favorite stories in a long time. FYI, story trumps gameplay for me everytime, so take it for what it is worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought (re-bought) GTA V but this time for XB1 after having it on 360.

Easily still the most stress free fun I can have on a game. Just incredible how detailed the world is with so many things going on.

Anybody remember the game Shadowman for N64? Man I used to love that game, I put hours into it. Wish I could play it again.

Easily still the most stress free fun I can have on a game. Just incredible how detailed the world is with so many things going on.
:goodposting: One of the better games I have played in a while. I am not very good at first person shooters in my older age now. Game has a good story line, but you can also just run around a blow stuff up if you want to relieve a little stress at night. I have recently started playing Just Cause 3 and while it is similar and fairly fun, it just doesn't have the long term playability that GTA has.

I was playing with my brother and a random guy last night on a

:goodposting: One of the better games I have played in a while. I am not very good at first person shooters in my older age now. Game has a good story line, but you can also just run around a blow stuff up if you want to relieve a little stress at night. I have recently started playing Just Cause 3 and while it is similar and fairly fun, it just doesn't have the long term playability that GTA has.
I was playing with my brother and a random guy last night on this mission where you clear out a warehouse and steal two attack choppers. We spend 15 minutes clearing this place out and then using the choppers to take out some other guys who flew in. Now all we have to do is deliver the choppers so my brother lands on the roof to pick up the other guy who was still cleaning up a few people on the ground. The guy comes running to get in and runs right into the tail rotor and chops himself up. :lol: He spent 15 minutes with us getting everything taken care of and shreds himself. WITH VIDEO!

http://xboxclips.com/guerilla+gunner/a362bfe9-7b0f-4db3-a91e-c2e2d366a6e9

Anyone play Life is Strange? Thoughts?
Easily in my top 5 games of the year along side Taletells Tales from the Borderlands. Two of my favorite stories in a long time. FYI, story trumps gameplay for me everytime, so take it for what it is worth.
Agree 100%

Life is Strange would be my #1 game of 2015 without question. Just nothing else really like it out there. Then again, I'm also someone who finds pretty much all 1st person shooters to be awful so...

Dead Island is a top notch zombie 4 player LAN campaign co-op FPS RPG. And the fact that there is already one sequel, Riptide, and DI: 2 is still being made (in fits and starts) means there will be many hours of solid game play ahead. I really wish there were more co-op FPS games with good storylines. Borderlands, Left 4 Dead...

Warhammer Vermintide may be a good one but I haven't really seen a good write up of how the campaign fits with the co-op.

I picked up Far Cry 4 on sale for $15 a few weeks ago, and I'm slowly chugging through it. There's nothing wrong with it per se, but it's like every other Ubisoft game ever. Climb towers to open up the map, liberate strongholds to control territory, collect X units of Y to upgrade your Z, random chase-this-guy-down or rescue-this-guy encounters, etc. A lot of content, but it's all pretty shallow. Looks gorgeous though.

Kind of a lull here until Dark Souls 3.
Enjoying it myself. I enjoy freeing the towers, taking over the bases. I'm about 54% through right now and am to the point of having to do main missions to open up the next area. I like the Far Cry type of games. Edited to add: I have died waaaaaay more than I ever did in Far Cry 3. Mostly due to lack of cover when I think I am out of view, and they spot me and set off alarms.
I'm also liking it while agreeing with IK. It is relatively simple with very few changes in side missions, but that's what I wanted. FC3 was a little long on the trippy cutscenes and some towers had something stupid you had to realize to unlock. I like that this one cuts to the chase on action, even if it is repetitive.

Brony said:
I picked up Far Cry 4 on sale for $15 a few weeks ago, and I'm slowly chugging through it. There's nothing wrong with it per se, but it's like every other Ubisoft game ever. Climb towers to open up the map, liberate strongholds to control territory, collect X units of Y to upgrade your Z, random chase-this-guy-down or rescue-this-guy encounters, etc. A lot of content, but it's all pretty shallow. Looks gorgeous though.

Kind of a lull here until Dark Souls 3.
Enjoying it myself. I enjoy freeing the towers, taking over the bases. I'm about 54% through right now and am to the point of having to do main missions to open up the next area. I like the Far Cry type of games. Edited to add: I have died waaaaaay more than I ever did in Far Cry 3. Mostly due to lack of cover when I think I am out of view, and they spot me and set off alarms.
I'm also liking it while agreeing with IK. It is relatively simple with very few changes in side missions, but that's what I wanted. FC3 was a little long on the trippy cutscenes and some towers had something stupid you had to realize to unlock. I like that this one cuts to the chase on action, even if it is repetitive.
I just opened up the North. Glad to have towers to climb and camps to liberate.

p.s. Feel stupid to learn you can snipe alarms. I was trying to go shut them all down manually and rarely succeeding in the dual alarm camps.

I noticed the last couple of nights on twitch that Darkest Dungeon was one of the most popular games.

It looks like they made it to full release this week and looked to have added a lot of stuff since I last played. I struggled with this game the first time but I am going to give it another go with the full release update.

Has anyone tried out the new game Dualyst?

It is similar to Hearthstone with one difference. Instead of the minions being static on board, in Dualyst, your minions can move, which provides for an a nice extra complexity in the game.

There is also much less RNG in this game compared to Hearthstone (which means I will suck at it), but it is still very fun so far.

The games business model is similar to Hearthstone in that it is Free 2 Play if you want or if you want to build your collection of cards faster, you can purchase them.

It is a nice mix of Hearthstone, Xcom, and the older turn based Final Fantasy games.

Got a sinus infection and as I was leaving Walgreens they had a coupon for free game rental at Red Box. Gonna give Just Cause 3 a whirl while I try to feel better.

Users who are viewing this thread