What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (10 Viewers)

One of the more enjoyable games I had was a TDM on that German castle board.  My team was set up in the hills looking down at the castle and were sniping away.  I selected support and just ran from teammate to teammate giving ammo drops.  If anyone got up the hill, I tried to take them out.  Far better than that stupid forest board with the train track down the middle.  I have yet to find a way to successfully play on that board.
This is the what I really like about the game, working as team. I had the same type of game but we were in a tank. I was support and if we started taking damage the driver would retreat a bit a turn so that my side was opposite of the front line, giving me protection while I repaired the tank. Once we were fixed up, we'd charge back in. 

I haven't figured out that jungle map yet either. Staying back with the mortar I started to have some success though. I haven't played it since though. 

I'm not on Xbox but I just signed out to check and it's there. Just under under the PSN sign in bar. 
Must be something with my sign in.  I uninstalled it, reinstalled it, but got the same issue.  I have no idea what my Xbox live email address is, so I tried what I thought it was.  The only option I got was PC (default) or PS4.

Spent last night getting stomped over and over on BF1.  It was one those nights where every time I was on defense, the attackers had both our crates lit up within 60 seconds, with guys constantly running around unimpeded in our backfield.  When we were attacking, I couldn't get within sight of a crate.  Tried changing rooms -- same result every time.  I don't care about my stats, but it's not fun when the games are completely lopsided and you're getting trucked every single round.  

Hopefully I'll have better luck tonight.  

Spent last night getting stomped over and over on BF1.  It was one those nights where every time I was on defense, the attackers had both our crates lit up within 60 seconds, with guys constantly running around unimpeded in our backfield.  When we were attacking, I couldn't get within sight of a crate.  Tried changing rooms -- same result every time.  I don't care about my stats, but it's not fun when the games are completely lopsided and you're getting trucked every single round.  

Hopefully I'll have better luck tonight.  
I always find it curious when a game has only been out a week or so and it seems everyone I play against has all the boards memorized, and know exactly when I'm coming around a corner.

Borden said:
I can get on board with that. I remember Goldeneye and Halo battles with friends only. And agree 100%. 

I am not good at FPS games. That's why I try to find shooters that let you have other ways to help your team. That's why I brought up that other stuff about BF1. If you bought the digital version (can't trade in) then I would say to try another role before giving it up. Also, Overwatch is a good "FPS" if you're looking for something a bit different. 
I bought it physically, just for this reason. I did think about Overwatch - maybe I should check that out further. Thanks. 

part of my problem is I'm just not very good at multiplayer FPS's, and at 50, I don't have the will to devote the time necessary to get better. I'm like drunk Johnny Ringo vs. stone cold sober Doc Holliday - I see the enemy, and before I can even raise my sights, I'm dead. 

I bought it physically, just for this reason. I did think about Overwatch - maybe I should check that out further. Thanks. 

part of my problem is I'm just not very good at multiplayer FPS's, and at 50, I don't have the will to devote the time necessary to get better. I'm like drunk Johnny Ringo vs. stone cold sober Doc Holliday - I see the enemy, and before I can even raise my sights, I'm dead. 
I gave up on FPS a long time ago for this reason.  I'm only 40, but with the limited amount of time I get to play I'm not going to get POWN'D by the kids that play hundreds of hours/week.

Overwatch is a really good choice if you aren't good at fps and just want to have some fun . 

I'm notoriously bad at console fps and I can still have a ball playing Overwatch. There's something for every skill set and anyone can contribute. 

The rounds are quick and there's no focus on kill/death ratio. Just pick a character that fits your play style and run towards the objective 

I got a beta code for GWENT the game. I really enjoyed playing it in the witcher, so hopefully it is similar enough. I fear they probably complicated it to make for a more robust experience which may or may not make me want to stop playing. I think the ability to pick the game up quickly was part of its allure originally for me.

will update with thoughts if anyone cares. 

I got a beta code for GWENT the game. I really enjoyed playing it in the witcher, so hopefully it is similar enough. I fear they probably complicated it to make for a more robust experience which may or may not make me want to stop playing. I think the ability to pick the game up quickly was part of its allure originally for me.

will update with thoughts if anyone cares. 
It sucks that it took so long for them to come out with this. I really liked it in the game but it's kind of past it's peak. Also, I'm pretty sure it isn't on mobile which is strange because it seems like a perfect fit there. 

Don't know if anyone is looking, but Newegg has a pretty nice package for an XBOne S with some 4K TV's.  I was in the market for a 43" 4K for a new computer monitor, and lo and behold, a model I was looking at gets me a 1 TB GoW4 package XBOne S for about $150 more than the TV alone.

LINKAGE

Borderlands 2 was a great game. Didn't like the reviews of the presequel so I didn't play.

Titanfall 1 was fun for a couple of weeks but I soon realized how shallow it was and quit playing. The presence of the bots really turned me off

Just read that it's just a free weekend play.  It's not permanent.  I stopped my download.  I won't have time to play it this weekend, so there's no point.  
I have not seen it confirmed that it was going to be deactivated.

I have not seen it confirmed that it was going to be deactivated.
Major Nelson says it'll only be active til the 30th unless you own it.   I have it in my queue.  If it's still good after then, then cool, I'll keep it.  

Last edited by a moderator:
They must've changed a ton since the beta, because the beta reviews were bad.
"Titanfall 2 has, without a doubt, the smoothest, best controlling player movement in a shooter that I’ve ever laid hands on. "

- Polygon

"This isn’t just an unexpectedly great FPS campaign. It’s a genuinely special one. The kind that doesn’t come along very often, but shakes up perceptions of the genre the instant it appears. Frankly, it’s ridiculous that we get this in the same year as Doom. But get it we do. And change things it really does."

- Gamesradar

Metacritic 89 (PS4), 92 (Xbox One)

They must've changed a ton since the beta, because the beta reviews were bad.
They made a lot of changes even from the first weekend to the second weekend of the beta that improved the game. Everything I've read is that it's gotten even better since. Here's hoping, because I have it downloading tonight while I'm at work...

WHFiveOH on Xbox if anyone is looking to play that I'm not friends with already.

Borden said:
It sucks that it took so long for them to come out with this. I really liked it in the game but it's kind of past it's peak. Also, I'm pretty sure it isn't on mobile which is strange because it seems like a perfect fit there. 
I don't know why it's not mobile. They've added some fancy graphics to the cards, but nothing an iPad can't handle. 

Played a handful of games. It's still fun. The biggest difference is nearly all of the cards do something extra now like adding 2 attack points or taking attack points from the opponent. It's actually rare to play a card that "just" adds 5 to your attack.  I've lost a couple of games not knowing exactly what a card did and then hurting myself or helping the opponent - also matches taking a little bit longer because I have to read every description carefully before playing the cards until I'm more familiar.

Heres a quick vid just to get a feel for it. I lost this match when our third round was basically a draw one card and hope it's higher scenario. I made a few mistakes, still working out the kinks. 

http://xboxclips.com/guerilla+gunner/0b109ec7-e912-482d-b848-00a566f7ea89

Downloaded Walking Dead 1 & 2, on PS store for $7.99/each.  I remember reading good things in here about them.

Really enjoyed Far Cry Primal.  Are the other Far Cry games as good?

Curious if anyone plays or used to play an Xbox/PS2 vintage game called Conflict: Global Terror (also released as Conflict: Global Storm)?   I played the heck out of this thing back in the XBox days until they shut down Xbox Live support for it.  Picked up a PC copy and would love to find some people who are still playing it or would like to get back into it. I've seen some olds posts about people playing multi-player via Tunngle or places like that but haven't had any luck finding active games.

5Rings said:
Downloaded Walking Dead 1 & 2, on PS store for $7.99/each.  I remember reading good things in here about them.

Far Cry 3 was amazing. 4 was fun, but basically identical to 3 (and probably similar to primal I would bet even though I haven't played it).  I do recommend 3, though. 

Also the first walking dead was pretty good - never played 2. 

5Rings said:
I'm a fan.  Don't expect action.  It's a focus on story here.

Far Cry 3 & 4 are great.  As is the Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon expansion (it's what Duke Nukem Forever should've been).   I never cared for any of the Far Cry games prior to 3. 

Also Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is supposed to be a Game with Gold game in November, if you're on Xbox.  I see you're on Playstation, so I'm not sure if you own both. 

"Titanfall 2 has, without a doubt, the smoothest, best controlling player movement in a shooter that I’ve ever laid hands on. "

- Polygon

"This isn’t just an unexpectedly great FPS campaign. It’s a genuinely special one. The kind that doesn’t come along very often, but shakes up perceptions of the genre the instant it appears. Frankly, it’s ridiculous that we get this in the same year as Doom. But get it we do. And change things it really does."

- Gamesradar

Metacritic 89 (PS4), 92 (Xbox One)

After playing the tech test both weekends I have very serious doubts about this. GB twitch allowing people to rely on personal questions and actual footage and gameplay instead of professional reviewers at pay to rate mags trying to brain wash people. I hope Titanfall 2 is fantastic as I loved the first one, easily top 5 game on the current gen, but that tech test was trash.

After playing the tech test both weekends I have very serious doubts about this. GB twitch allowing people to rely on personal questions and actual footage and gameplay instead of professional reviewers at pay to rate mags trying to brain wash people. I hope Titanfall 2 is fantastic as I loved the first one, easily top 5 game on the current gen, but that tech test was trash.
I agree the Alpha was crap. Now...it's amazing. Not even kidding. And I'm a guy who has been playing the first one almost every day until just yesterday.

This weekend I finished up my longest playtime of a game ever, 165 hours to finish DA:I.  Really liked the game, but wow, that got excessive...  They could have knocked out about 40 hours and I would have been satisfied.  Think they did a good setup for a 4th, and I'm excited for it.  I'm really starting to get bored of crafting systems in games that already drop a ton of loot.  For all the time I spent checking things out to craft, in the end, I think I only ended up using weapon accessories that I created.  The drop weapons/armor were pretty much on par with anything I could make.  Don't really see what it added to the game.

Also loaded up one of the old X-wing games that I got with a humble bundle a while back.  Surprising it played flawlessly that isn't always the case with those old games.  Had a lot of fun messing around with that for a couple missions.  Honestly wouldn't mind a new one of those some time with some nice hi-res graphics, been a long time.

So I got Xcom 2 the other day - How the heck do I make more contacts?  I understand I have to build that comm relay thing in the avenger, but there are all these missions in geographies that are RED...How do I get contact so I can build a relay or whatever there so I can actually do those missions?  This Avatar clock is only like 4 from the end.

So I got Xcom 2 the other day - How the heck do I make more contacts?  I understand I have to build that comm relay thing in the avenger, but there are all these missions in geographies that are RED...How do I get contact so I can build a relay or whatever there so I can actually do those missions?  This Avatar clock is only like 4 from the end.
Station engineers in the com relay.  Make sure when you get the gorilla missions that you do the ones that counter Avatar events.   You'll have to start over at least once anyway.

Far Cry 4 was outstanding.

Far Cry 3 for PS3 was also really strong.....but looks quite dated compared to FC4 and Far Cry Primal.

Get 4 for really cheap and have fun. I loved it.

If the avatar project is already that close and you havent made any new resistance contactand, you're probably toast anyway
Yeah - I'm about to re-start.  That first run was helpful though as I sort of have my bearings now re. what worked and didn't thus far.

Yeah - I'm about to re-start.  That first run was helpful though as I sort of have my bearings now re. what worked and didn't thus far.
target prioritization super important in the early game.

1) advent officer

2) Viper

3) Stun lancer

4) regular advent trooper

5) Sectoid (since they almost always raise a zombie instead of attacking you)

If you need to use a grenade to blow one of the first 3 out of cover (to guarantee a kill) its worth it every time.

Far Cry 3 & 4 are great.  As is the Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon expansion (it's what Duke Nukem Forever should've been).   I never cared for any of the Far Cry games prior to 3. 

Also Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is supposed to be a Game with Gold game in November, if you're on Xbox.  I see you're on Playstation, so I'm not sure if you own both. 

Loved 1, 3, and 4.  2 was a drag but I finished it just to say I had.  Blood Dragon was awesome.  Waiting for Primal to go super cheap on PC but I'm looking forward to it.

So Gwent...

I liked it a lot for the first couple of days and was winning some and losing some. I didn't play over the weekend. 

Fire it up today and everyone has wayyyy better cards than I do. I'm getting thrashed by a significant margin. No fun anymore. Either they got to fix the matchmaking or make it easier to get better cards, or it'll never grab new players. 

Playing some BF1. Really liking the Operations thing. It's interesting to add another layer. I have noticed that I pretty much just run a anti tank Assualt class, full medic class and a repair class if there's an opening in a vehicle.

Update: Oh boy are the servers bad. They are so bad that I can't recommend anyone buy this game. 

***Lots of me rambling about this game so I put it in spoiler to avoid clogging up the thread.***

Ive found that the only way to play "bad" is if you die without throwing all your grenades or without throwing out your health or ammo packs. With that, to upgrade from "pouches", which only heal if someone walks over it, to "crates", which heal/restock everyone in the area, is only 60 war bonds each. Well worth it. 

Loving this game. It's so big that points will get captured without me even noticing. Makes it feel like you're actually on a team. Because the game isn't just about k/d, I've been ranking pretty high (middle of the pack or better). Snipers aren't over powered but they are strong enough that you somewhat have to run from cover to cover. The "tickets" system keeps me from just rushing in all crazy, as I don't want to be the downfall of my team. 

The map designs are awesome. You can catch a lot of people coming around corners but you can't "hide" anywhere. Squads and playing as a squad is rewarded very well too. It feels like people are naturally starting to work as teams more and more.

Curious if anyone plays or used to play an Xbox/PS2 vintage game called Conflict: Global Terror (also released as Conflict: Global Storm)?   I played the heck out of this thing back in the XBox days until they shut down Xbox Live support for it.  Picked up a PC copy and would love to find some people who are still playing it or would like to get back into it. I've seen some olds posts about people playing multi-player via Tunngle or places like that but haven't had any luck finding active games.
Haven't played any Conflict games since Desert Storm, but that was one of the most fun I've ever had playing co-op, with four guys working as a team on the same TV.  Actually didn't know there were any games in the series after Vietnam.

Haven't played any Conflict games since Desert Storm, but that was one of the most fun I've ever had playing co-op, with four guys working as a team on the same TV.  Actually didn't know there were any games in the series after Vietnam.
Global Terror was even better than Desert Storm in my book. This line of games is what made that kind of co-op play my favorite.  I wish more games used it.

There was another one after Global Terror but just a two-person one, Conflict: Denied Ops. I have a copy but still haven't ever played it. Everyone I played Global Terror with said it was a huge disappointment.

If you ever get it for PC and want to try some co-op on Tunngle or Hamachi or one of those VPNs that let you play it as a LAN game over the internet, let me know.

Steam has Desert Storm, but from what I ready the only co-op it supports is a death match mode.

GregR said:
Global Terror was even better than Desert Storm in my book. This line of games is what made that kind of co-op play my favorite.  I wish more games used it.

There was another one after Global Terror but just a two-person one, Conflict: Denied Ops. I have a copy but still haven't ever played it. Everyone I played Global Terror with said it was a huge disappointment.

If you ever get it for PC and want to try some co-op on Tunngle or Hamachi or one of those VPNs that let you play it as a LAN game over the internet, let me know.

Steam has Desert Storm, but from what I ready the only co-op it supports is a death match mode.
Sorry, console only here.

Users who are viewing this thread