What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (1 Viewer)

Just a heads up.

A lot of dlc on sale this week for half off.

$5 - Red Dead Redemption's Undead Nightmare

$5 - Bioshock 2's Minerva's Den (I highly recommend if you like the Bioshocks)

$5 - Each of the Borderlands DLCs, Zombies, Armory, or Claptrap

Also the Bulletstorm(1.08GB) and Crysis 2(1.8GB) multiplayer demos are up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was playing a bit of ME2 today and saw that they no longer are doing the daily Cerberus News. Today is the one year mark for the ME2 release, supposedly. They said there would be 3 more weeks of the news, however. 1 week later this year which would be followed by new DLC, then 2 weeks leading up to the ME3 release. :rolleyes:

I was playing a bit of ME2 today and saw that they no longer are doing the daily Cerberus News. Today is the one year mark for the ME2 release, supposedly. They said there would be 3 more weeks of the news, however. 1 week later this year which would be followed by new DLC, then 2 weeks leading up to the ME3 release. :rolleyes:
what is daily Cerberus News?

what is daily Cerberus News?
If you play ME2, at the login page, each day there would be a new "galactic news" item. Some very funny, otherwise very ironic. All seemed to tie into some part of the game. Very cool when I spent time reading them.

Played some Crysis 2 beta.

I gotta say I'm loving it.

I never played the first one so this is mind blowing to me. Combines COD + Halo. You have the more reality based weapons, custom classes, leveling, perks, and kill streaks (though it works a bit differently - you have to collect dog tags of fallen enemies - so snipers can't get kill streaks) of COD, but you have the cool armor abilities (perks) like Halo - invisibility, maximum armor, air stomp, melee kills, heat vision, etc.

I also find the skill level to kill people between COD and Halo. In Crysis 2 if you only aim at the body you'll need a whole clip to down someone, but if you aim for the head you can kill them much quicker. So a good balance between situational awareness vs fast twitch game play.

Gun wise I think the basic SCAR that you start with sucks. The game plays more fast paced/close quarters so the shotty and/or M60 own it at close/medium and it loses to the sniper at long range. Maybe the other ARs will be better but who knows.

Graphically the one level you can play looks good, but I really hate the audio. Sounds really cheap and doesn't make you feel like you're in battle.

Overall, I'm impressed with the game and it's on my buy list. Provides a nice change of pace from the COD series since I really hate Halo.

:)

Warning: The first 2-3 hours of fallout are a bit slow.
You didn't find the birthday party scene to be riveting?
I didn't mind the Vault part being so slow. I've never really played anything like it, so it seemed fun. I enjoyed fighting with Butch. I popped him in the jaw the minute I saw him and his buddies cornering Amata (I did save his mom though). I'm in Megaton now and have felt it being slow sometimes. Not really slow, but I get lost and my character walks so slow it feels like it takes forever. I've currently been walking around Megaton for the last 20 minutes trying to figure out how to get out of the damn place to go look for the Super Mart thing (I think I'm actually using the maps pretty well too, I'm just a little slow). It's only that type of thing that annoys me, but it should get better as figure out what I'm doing.I'm assuming it'll start getting more exciting with whatever/whoever is about to try to kill me on the way to the Super Duper Mart.....
Are you encumbered? If so, sell some stuff to lighten the load. You really move really slow when encumbered. I made that mistake the first time I played.
I found out about being encumbered at the Super Duper Mart, so that wasn't it. I think it was just the feeling of being lost making it feel so slow.The teleporting thing seems like it'll really help speed things up.I got back and traded with Moira some heavy stuff for light stuff. I also dumped a couple of things in my desk. Will people break into my house and steal my stuff? Since I can break into other peoples' houses (well, in theory, I can't yet), I assume they can break into mine.Just in case, I didn't leave anything terribly valuable in there.You guys were right about the Super Duper Mart. That was quite exciting. Collecting new stuff and making Raider heads explode like watermelons. Good times.

I didn't mind the Vault part being so slow. I've never really played anything like it, so it seemed fun. I enjoyed fighting with Butch. I popped him in the jaw the minute I saw him and his buddies cornering Amata (I did save his mom though). I'm in Megaton now and have felt it being slow sometimes. Not really slow, but I get lost and my character walks so slow it feels like it takes forever. I've currently been walking around Megaton for the last 20 minutes trying to figure out how to get out of the damn place to go look for the Super Mart thing (I think I'm actually using the maps pretty well too, I'm just a little slow).

It's only that type of thing that annoys me, but it should get better as figure out what I'm doing.

I'm assuming it'll start getting more exciting with whatever/whoever is about to try to kill me on the way to the Super Duper Mart.....
Are you encumbered? If so, sell some stuff to lighten the load. You really move really slow when encumbered. I made that mistake the first time I played.
I found out about being encumbered at the Super Duper Mart, so that wasn't it. I think it was just the feeling of being lost making it feel so slow.The teleporting thing seems like it'll really help speed things up.

I got back and traded with Moira some heavy stuff for light stuff. I also dumped a couple of things in my desk. Will people break into my house and steal my stuff?

Since I can break into other peoples' houses (well, in theory, I can't yet), I assume they can break into mine.

Just in case, I didn't leave anything terribly valuable in there.

You guys were right about the Super Duper Mart. That was quite exciting. Collecting new stuff and making Raider heads explode like watermelons. Good times.
No one will steal anything you leave anywhere. As long as you can dump it there, it'll stay there.But it would be cool if they could. Elaborate makeshift home security systems should definitely be a feature of the next game :thumbup:

I didn't mind the Vault part being so slow. I've never really played anything like it, so it seemed fun. I enjoyed fighting with Butch. I popped him in the jaw the minute I saw him and his buddies cornering Amata (I did save his mom though). I'm in Megaton now and have felt it being slow sometimes. Not really slow, but I get lost and my character walks so slow it feels like it takes forever. I've currently been walking around Megaton for the last 20 minutes trying to figure out how to get out of the damn place to go look for the Super Mart thing (I think I'm actually using the maps pretty well too, I'm just a little slow). It's only that type of thing that annoys me, but it should get better as figure out what I'm doing.I'm assuming it'll start getting more exciting with whatever/whoever is about to try to kill me on the way to the Super Duper Mart.....
I found out about being encumbered at the Super Duper Mart, so that wasn't it. I think it was just the feeling of being lost making it feel so slow.The teleporting thing seems like it'll really help speed things up.I got back and traded with Moira some heavy stuff for light stuff. I also dumped a couple of things in my desk. Will people break into my house and steal my stuff? Since I can break into other peoples' houses (well, in theory, I can't yet), I assume they can break into mine.Just in case, I didn't leave anything terribly valuable in there.You guys were right about the Super Duper Mart. That was quite exciting. Collecting new stuff and making Raider heads explode like watermelons. Good times.
no. Your house is safe for storage. Also, when you get followers, you can use them for extra storage. Certain followers can hold more than others.

Played some Crysis 2 beta.I gotta say I'm loving it. I never played the first one so this is mind blowing to me. Combines COD + Halo. You have the more reality based weapons, custom classes, leveling, perks, and kill streaks (though it works a bit differently - you have to collect dog tags of fallen enemies - so snipers can't get kill streaks) of COD, but you have the cool armor abilities (perks) like Halo - invisibility, maximum armor, air stomp, melee kills, heat vision, etc. I also find the skill level to kill people between COD and Halo. In Crysis 2 if you only aim at the body you'll need a whole clip to down someone, but if you aim for the head you can kill them much quicker. So a good balance between situational awareness vs fast twitch game play. Gun wise I think the basic SCAR that you start with sucks. The game plays more fast paced/close quarters so the shotty and/or M60 own it at close/medium and it loses to the sniper at long range. Maybe the other ARs will be better but who knows. Graphically the one level you can play looks good, but I really hate the audio. Sounds really cheap and doesn't make you feel like you're in battle. Overall, I'm impressed with the game and it's on my buy list. Provides a nice change of pace from the COD series since I really hate Halo.
Still haven't gotten into a game. Connection errors. When I host, the console freezes. I even redownloaded the demo to see if I got a bad download. There are many reporting the same issues on Twitter.

Played some Crysis 2 beta.I gotta say I'm loving it. I never played the first one so this is mind blowing to me. Combines COD + Halo. You have the more reality based weapons, custom classes, leveling, perks, and kill streaks (though it works a bit differently - you have to collect dog tags of fallen enemies - so snipers can't get kill streaks) of COD, but you have the cool armor abilities (perks) like Halo - invisibility, maximum armor, air stomp, melee kills, heat vision, etc. I also find the skill level to kill people between COD and Halo. In Crysis 2 if you only aim at the body you'll need a whole clip to down someone, but if you aim for the head you can kill them much quicker. So a good balance between situational awareness vs fast twitch game play. Gun wise I think the basic SCAR that you start with sucks. The game plays more fast paced/close quarters so the shotty and/or M60 own it at close/medium and it loses to the sniper at long range. Maybe the other ARs will be better but who knows. Graphically the one level you can play looks good, but I really hate the audio. Sounds really cheap and doesn't make you feel like you're in battle. Overall, I'm impressed with the game and it's on my buy list. Provides a nice change of pace from the COD series since I really hate Halo.
Still haven't gotten into a game. Connection errors. When I host, the console freezes. I even redownloaded the demo to see if I got a bad download. There are many reporting the same issues on Twitter.
Got into a game after searching for 10 seconds. :goodposting:

madshot31 said:
SlaX said:
No. 16 said:
I can find a lobby. It'll go start going into the map, but then it ends connection. Likely due to the host freezing, like I'm experiencing. Hopefully issues are dealt with today. I just wanted to see if the game was better than the first Crysis. From what I've read of those that got in, it sounds like it's not very good so far.

madshot31 said:
SlaX said:
No. 16 said:
I can find a lobby. It'll go start going into the map, but then it ends connection. Likely due to the host freezing, like I'm experiencing. Hopefully issues are dealt with today. I just wanted to see if the game was better than the first Crysis. From what I've read of those that got in, it sounds like it's not very good so far.The Bulletstorm demo was ok. I would've liked it 100x more if it was a multiplayer demo. I think that will be fun with friends.

madshot31 said:
SlaX said:
No. 16 said:
I can find a lobby. It'll go start going into the map, but then it ends connection. Likely due to the host freezing, like I'm experiencing. Hopefully issues are dealt with today. I just wanted to see if the game was better than the first Crysis. From what I've read of those that got in, it sounds like it's not very good so far.
There is major host advantage in Crysis 2 right now. I don't think I saw a person have more than 2 bars while host had 4 bars. Almost everyone was one 1 bar. Not a fan of the gimmick bull#### either. It also felt like you were on a rails when moving around.

madshot31 said:
SlaX said:
No. 16 said:
Got into a game after searching for 10 seconds. :shrug:
There is major host advantage in Crysis 2 right now. I don't think I saw a person have more than 2 bars while host had 4 bars. Almost everyone was one 1 bar. Not a fan of the gimmick bull#### either. It also felt like you were on a rails when moving around.
I tried sending you an invite last night when I saw you were playing, but then you started playing Bulletstorm. I was hoping to have better luck in a party or to see if you were having the same problems as I was. I'll try again after my meeting today. If I can get into a game with my setup, I'll run an ethernet cable into the living room and test it wired. I don't have a problem with my wireless connection, but it sounds like more people are having problems with their wireless connections than those playing wired. I may as well try that. I'll report what I find out then.

madshot31 said:
Just a heads up. A lot of dlc on sale this week for half off.$5 - Red Dead Redemption's Undead Nightmare $5 - Bioshock 2's Minerva's Den (I highly recommend if you like the Bioshocks)$5 - Each of the Borderlands DLCs, Zombies, Armory, or ClaptrapAlso the Bulletstorm(1.08GB) and Crysis 2(1.8GB) multiplayer demos are up.
Damnit! I just got the Undead Nightmare very recently and again overpaid! I loved Bioshock 1, although I never went and replayed as a bad guy. Deals on Bioshock 2?

I recently bought Little Big Planet for the PS3 and I must say I like it alot.

My 6 year old and 3 year old LOVE playing it too.

Just started ME2, never played the first ME. Chose the Soldier class after a bit of reading online, wanted to be able to use the full range of weapons/ammo and the Adrenaline Rush ability looked cool. Any advice on what skills to level up first?

Played for about 2 hours last night, so far am feeling just so-so about the game. Maybe I'm not cut out for RPG's; I finished the main story in Fall Out 3 but was underwhelmed with the game. Liking ME2 better than FO3 so far but it's still kinda slow. Hoping the storyline picks up the pace and the characters become more compelling.

Just started ME2, never played the first ME. Chose the Soldier class after a bit of reading online, wanted to be able to use the full range of weapons/ammo and the Adrenaline Rush ability looked cool. Any advice on what skills to level up first?

Played for about 2 hours last night, so far am feeling just so-so about the game. Maybe I'm not cut out for RPG's; I finished the main story in Fall Out 3 but was underwhelmed with the game. Liking ME2 better than FO3 so far but it's still kinda slow. Hoping the storyline picks up the pace and the characters become more compelling.
It will. The initial stages are for training you on how to use your weapons and biotics. Jacob, the first guy you meet, is probably the least interesting character in the game.

Just started ME2, never played the first ME. Chose the Soldier class after a bit of reading online, wanted to be able to use the full range of weapons/ammo and the Adrenaline Rush ability looked cool. Any advice on what skills to level up first? Played for about 2 hours last night, so far am feeling just so-so about the game. Maybe I'm not cut out for RPG's; I finished the main story in Fall Out 3 but was underwhelmed with the game. Liking ME2 better than FO3 so far but it's still kinda slow. Hoping the storyline picks up the pace and the characters become more compelling.
Wasn't a big FO3 guy either, although I did finish the main story line. Mass Effect games are some of my favorites though. I'd play ME1 first.

I can't offer much advice here. I went with Infiltrator because the Soldier class looked kind of generic, but that's just me. I find that I'm not actually sniping anywhere near as much as I thought I would.
I'm about 16 hours in. Like you, I was pretty underwhelmed early on, but it's gotten much better as I've gone along. The characters are a lot more interesting and I like the fact that I can really flesh out my character and my teammates. Having said that, this is a little more of a corridor shooter than I thought it would be, and the missions are starting to get really repetitive (land, talk to a couple of people, kill some enemies, big fight with wave after wave after wave of enemies, boss fight with several waves of enemies, the end).It's still a good game, and it's grown on me the more I've played it, so obviously this is just a snap judgement and subject to revision.

Just started ME2, never played the first ME. Chose the Soldier class after a bit of reading online, wanted to be able to use the full range of weapons/ammo and the Adrenaline Rush ability looked cool. Any advice on what skills to level up first? Played for about 2 hours last night, so far am feeling just so-so about the game. Maybe I'm not cut out for RPG's; I finished the main story in Fall Out 3 but was underwhelmed with the game. Liking ME2 better than FO3 so far but it's still kinda slow. Hoping the storyline picks up the pace and the characters become more compelling.
Wasn't a big FO3 guy either, although I did finish the main story line. Mass Effect games are some of my favorites though. I'd play ME1 first.
Playing ME1 first would be a no brainer. Just run through it quickly on Easy if you have to. It will greatly enhance your experience with the story, etc.

It will. The initial stages are for training you on how to use your weapons and biotics. Jacob, the first guy you meet, is probably the least interesting character in the game.
Update?you beat Benezia(sp) yet?

It's still a good game, and it's grown on me the more I've played it, so obviously this is just a snap judgement and subject to revision.
Did you play ME1 first, Ivan?
Playing ME1 first would be a no brainer. Just run through it quickly on Easy if you have to. It will greatly enhance your experience with the story, etc.
Not a bad idea, I considered buying it when I grabbed ME2 from Gamestop. Was just worried about the more tedious aspects of the gameplay that reviews said they cleaned up for ME2. How long would you guess the main story in ME1 would take?

It's still a good game, and it's grown on me the more I've played it, so obviously this is just a snap judgement and subject to revision.
No. I'm brand new to the franchise as a PS3 owner. My problem isn't really with the story though. I completely enjoyed Metal Gear Solid 4 even though to this day I would have a difficult time describing the plot. My main complaint -- such that it is -- is with the gameplay being repetitive. But that might change as I get further into it.

Update?you beat Benezia(sp) yet?
No. My freaking auto-save didn't take so I had to replay about an hour's worth last night. :shrug:

Ghost Recon- Future Soldier. March 31st. I am IN!!!
:goodposting: :goodposting:
It was pushed back. I think it doesn't drop until Nov now.
If they moved it back to November, they are screwing themselves like Alan Wake did. With Call of Duty 8, Mass Effect 3, Rage, Uncharted 3, Gears of War 3, Bioshock 3, Grand Theft Auto 5, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Assassin Creed 3, Socom 4, Battlefield 3, and Batman: Arkham City all forecasted for Sept-Nov release dates. They will likely fail hard in meeting their sales estimates just because of the options available in their niche than compared to a Spring release.

ME2 may have ruined other games for me for awhile. I've since played Fallout NV and Fable 3 and am finding them extremely mediocre by comparison.

:goodposting: :goodposting:
If they moved it back to November, they are screwing themselves like Alan Wake did. With Call of Duty 8, Mass Effect 3, Rage, Uncharted 3, Gears of War 3, Bioshock 3, Grand Theft Auto 5, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Assassin Creed 3, Socom 4, Battlefield 3, and Batman: Arkham City all forecasted for Sept-Nov release dates. They will likely fail hard in meeting their sales estimates just because of the options available in their niche than compared to a Spring release.
I may be wrong. I think Gamestop has that date but the date Ubisoft stated in November of last year was that it would be released between 3/2011 and 4/2012 :lmao:

:goodposting: :hey:
If they moved it back to November, they are screwing themselves like Alan Wake did. With Call of Duty 8(2012), Mass Effect 3, Rage, Uncharted 3, Gears of War 3, Bioshock 3(2012), Grand Theft Auto 5(2012), Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Assassin Creed 3, Socom 4, Battlefield 3, and Batman: Arkham City all forecasted for Sept-Nov release dates. They will likely fail hard in meeting their sales estimates just because of the options available in their niche than compared to a Spring release.
I may be wrong. I think Gamestop has that date but the date Ubisoft stated in November of last year was that it would be released between 3/2011 and 4/2012 :lmao:
I would rather wait a bit longer and play a game without bugs/gliches than to play a game earlier to get frustrated and disappointed with the technical issues. Hopefully this game will be excellent.I'm in dier need of a tactical shooter based game. Socom 4 just doesn't look too good enough. Funny how Socom used to be king of all shooters for Playstation.

No. I'm brand new to the franchise as a PS3 owner. My problem isn't really with the story though. I completely enjoyed Metal Gear Solid 4 even though to this day I would have a difficult time describing the plot. My main complaint -- such that it is -- is with the gameplay being repetitive. But that might change as I get further into it.
That's the reason I initially skipped over ME1; most reviews mentioned tedious gameplay elements and repetitive quests. On a side note, I considered getting Dead Space since DS2 just released. Went ME2 instead. :goodposting:

That's the reason I initially skipped over ME1; most reviews mentioned tedious gameplay elements and repetitive quests. On a side note, I considered getting Dead Space since DS2 just released. Went ME2 instead. :excited:
There are so many "old" games I need to get.Bioshock 2

ME2

Dead Space

etc.

Except that I need to finish the plethora of even older games that I have first. :bag:

Users who are viewing this thread