What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (11 Viewers)

ProstheticRGK said:
I loved HZD, have played it thru like 4 times. Only thing that pisses me off is I am one bluegleam short of one of the armors. Have completed everything else.

ACO is my next purchase, based on your review. Thanks.
I couldn't get the gold in the hunting grounds in frozen wild. Its the only thing keeping me from 100%

Been playing PUBG on XB1 non stop for a month now. Still no chicken dinners but I've gotten close in solo, duo and 3man several times now. Me and my buddies had back to back top 2 finishes last night.  I need to be more patient when it gets down to the end.

Been playing PUBG on XB1 non stop for a month now. Still no chicken dinners but I've gotten close in solo, duo and 3man several times now. Me and my buddies had back to back top 2 finishes last night.  I need to be more patient when it gets down to the end.
Are you playing on an XB1X?  I bought it and returned it - thinking about grabbing it again. I have an XB1X and it wasn’t very smooth, but I hear it’s gotten better?

On the flipside, I love Fortnite. 5 solo wins and 2 doubles wins now.  First two wins took forever - 4 wins in the past two weeks. 

Are you playing on an XB1X?  I bought it and returned it - thinking about grabbing it again. I have an XB1X and it wasn’t very smooth, but I hear it’s gotten better?

On the flipside, I love Fortnite. 5 solo wins and 2 doubles wins now.  First two wins took forever - 4 wins in the past two weeks. 
We got a PS4 for Christmas. We have Injustice 2, Battlefront, Deadpool, Assassin's Creed. All we play is stupid Fortnite (0 wins). I don't think we have even opened Injustice yet.

Tried fortnight. Once I've played PUBG I couldn't get past the cartoony graphics and gameplay. 

Xb1 pubg has issues ( I mean they even call it a game preview as it's not complete). But I'm having a blast with it.

Maybe I'm too old but Wolfenstein is was a freaking hard game.

I got to chapter 13 I think when I eventually just said f it and changed the difficulty setting.

Overall really enjoyed the game.

Tried fortnight. Once I've played PUBG I couldn't get past the cartoony graphics and gameplay. 

Xb1 pubg has issues ( I mean they even call it a game preview as it's not complete). But I'm having a blast with it.
Cartoonish graphics yes, but the gameplay is amazing!!

We got a PS4 for Christmas. We have Injustice 2, Battlefront, Deadpool, Assassin's Creed. All we play is stupid Fortnite (0 wins). I don't think we have even opened Injustice yet.
It’s an amazing game.  The two games I’ve spent the most time on by far were Fortnite and Rocket League costing a combined $15. 

Fortnite wins will come - I won two early on, then went cold for a bit, then had like 3 in the last few days. I’d say just work your way slowly into the top 10. A lot of people play aggressively, but I tend to be as passive as possible until late game and just see what happens. 

Solo - http://xboxclips.com/guerilla+gunner/5ab2e5c1-754f-4164-b635-c0428f448f3e

duo - http://xboxclips.com/guerilla+gunner/541035d2-c2b0-4bc1-94d9-b4eeee399a75

It’s an amazing game.  The two games I’ve spent the most time on by far were Fortnite and Rocket League costing a combined $15. 

Fortnite wins will come - I won two early on, then went cold for a bit, then had like 3 in the last few days. I’d say just work your way slowly into the top 10. A lot of people play aggressively, but I tend to be as passive as possible until late game and just see what happens. 

Solo - http://xboxclips.com/guerilla+gunner/5ab2e5c1-754f-4164-b635-c0428f448f3e

duo - http://xboxclips.com/guerilla+gunner/541035d2-c2b0-4bc1-94d9-b4eeee399a75
I get top 7 or so pretty consistently, just by laying low. I finished 2nd this morning. Dude managed to sneak up behind me and waste me. My biggest problem is I don't build fast enough.

Another post on Assassin's Creed Origins - I'm probably 20-30 hours in, and I'm loving it. Easily the best AC game since II. The mechanics are wonderful - climbing is simple, fluid, and fun. Combat is really enjoyable too. One-on-one battles are prettymuch "souls-lite" - some dodging or parry, strike, back off, etc. No more "wait for them to attack and hit the win button".  Stealth is well done - hiding/sneaking are a blast, guard patrols are not very predictable, and clearing out a fort via stealth is a lot of fun. There's TONS of content / stuff to do, and the map is immense. The RPG elements to leveling your character are good - lots of skills to fit how you like to play. 

One thing that might be an issue for some: It does have a level system where if you're 12th level, don't venture into 16th level stuff - you *will* get frustrated and die. For some people, that will take them out of the game. But if you stick to things around your level, you'll have no issues (and the game makes it very clear what level quests/enemies are).  A lot of the early reviews focused on this - i.e., you can't insta-kill a captain who's six levels above you, etc. Well, the answer is to wait a few levels, then go do that quest - there's no shortage of other stuff/quests to do. 

Very happy I bought this. 

Last edited by a moderator:

I grabbed a copy. $23 from CDKeys. I’ll give it another go. 

The Battle Royale gametype is here to stay. Finishing first out 100 feels better than dominating any other form of multiplayer. 

I grabbed a copy. $23 from CDKeys. I’ll give it another go. 

The Battle Royale gametype is here to stay. Finishing first out 100 feels better than dominating any other form of multiplayer. 
Completely agree. I just love that everyone starts with nothing every time. No one has an advantage by having played 300+ hours and leveling up.

Completely agree. I just love that everyone starts with nothing every time. No one has an advantage by having played 300+ hours and leveling up.
Other than experience. I love Fortnite but I am horrible at aiming with the PS4 analog sticks. If I turn my sensitivity down, I can’t spin around fast enough when I get attacked. I turn it up and when I barely touch the stick my reticle shoots way off target. Very frustrating. I feel like pc would be much better for me. I’m looking at building a gaming rig this summer. Building also has to be easier on pc. I’m horribly slow and I know it costs me. I’ve won 4 matches out of about 300 played. All solo. 

Best. Game. Ever. 

Other than experience. I love Fortnite but I am horrible at aiming with the PS4 analog sticks. If I turn my sensitivity down, I can’t spin around fast enough when I get attacked. I turn it up and when I barely touch the stick my reticle shoots way off target. Very frustrating. I feel like pc would be much better for me. I’m looking at building a gaming rig this summer. Building also has to be easier on pc. I’m horribly slow and I know it costs me. I’ve won 4 matches out of about 300 played. All solo. 

Best. Game. Ever. 
Told my son about  Fortnite a few weeks ago and he has been playing it on PC ever since, recruited a bunch of friends.  He has 3 #1 finishes, I believe, which is incredible.  I do not think I could ever scratch that.  Ridiculous the starts the top players rack up.

I am so loving Battlefield One.

I am all about WWI and WWII. 

Love it so much I got the premium pass. So many maps. Conquest and Operations rules!

PSN = Todem

My son and I play a lot. We take a very tactical approach (no running and gunning) and rely on squad strategy and roles. I typically run as a medic or support (sometimes a scout on certain maps) he loves to be assault and medic. My brother in-law runs all the classes as well. This game takes me right back to BF2 Bad Company where a good squad can have hours upon hours of fun. The vehicles are also great. Flying the planes and driving the tanks is a blast. And horses? Yeah man. Battlefield is back for me!

I heard the new one coming out this year will be WWII. Bring it on!!!

If anyone wants to see thousands of spaceships involved in a very slow-motion battle over a giant space citadel, check out one of the Twitch streams of the Eve Online 9-4 Keepstar battle tomorrow. The citadel vulnerability starts at 4:56 Eastern, but the shooting might start before that.

Mad Cow said:
Told my son about  Fortnite a few weeks ago and he has been playing it on PC ever since, recruited a bunch of friends.  He has 3 #1 finishes, I believe, which is incredible.  I do not think I could ever scratch that.  Ridiculous the starts the top players rack up.
It’s a bit tougher on PC.  On XB1, I’ve now got 5 solo wins and 3 duo wins. My brother is pretty good so we’ve been finishing at the top at a pretty big clip so far. 3 top finishes and two second places in the past few days. 

Very addicting. 

That's kinda where I'm at too. Between the graphics and the building I like pubg better.

Need some help starting here. Played a few matches. Do you play 3rd or 1st person?  

Also looting seems super laggy. Is that normal?  

Ill take any pointers you got. Havent had more than a single kill in a match yet. 

I go 3rd person because you can toggle between 1st and 3rd in game anyway. Not sure why that's even a feature but anyway.

To start with PUBG map is way bigger.  It's way more spaced out than Fortnight IMO. You have couple strategies to go with for the drop. Pick a spot along the path and drop straight down as fast as you can. You will most likely have a bunch more people near you this way but you can gear up quicker. You can float further out for a spot far away. Less chance of people being near you which allows you a less stressful start to gear up but you may be running towards the ring a lot.

While looting, you can obviously hit x to pick up things right away but if there's a pile of stuff, you'll be grabbing stuff you don't want. I hit the start button (3 lines) when near a pile to see it in the menu. Then grab exactly what I want without all the shirts and pants getting in the way. 

There's also a lot of customization. Like a stupid amount. Nothing you have to dive deep into but know that the mods you pick up help your gun with aim and stability while firing. Which of course helps you hit people easier when #### hits the fan. But you'll end up finding a lot of them. Most you don't need to carry because they waste space in your inventory.

The basics for me go like this. Drop somewhere remote enough to be away from people but not so far that I need a vehicle to get back in time. Look for weapons, ammo and backpacks first. Without a backpack, you're screwed. Theres 3 level sizes (1 is smallest 3  is largest). Get an assault rifle or an smg as a priority. Shotguns work great close quarters obviously but there's so much open field fighting that they can only do so much in most situations.  Still if there's nothing else there, grab that shotty till you find something better. Same goes for pistols. If you spend your clip on your bigger guns, it may be quicker to switch to the pistol (up on the d pad) then reloading. There's also grenades (right on the d pad). They can be useful if you have time to think about an attack. For the most part though, AR and SMG are your bread and butter.

Body armor and helmets are next on the priority. If you see them obviously wear them. Three levels of protection on both. Higher is better but lvl 2 is still really good in 80% of situations. Lvl 3 gear is hard to find and usually random when you do. 

Health is next. Medkit can heal you back to 100. First aid kit, bandages all heal you back up to 75. To get that last 25 back you need energy drinks and pills. They boost your adrenaline bar to allow you to slowly gain the health back over time. If you get shot and can get away, find a place to use the health items and then pound a red bull to heal the last bit. It'll keep you on the fight a lot longer when you have health and know how to heal on the fly. You'll get a feel for it 

After that is when you equip all those little mods. It will tell you if it can be equipped on a weapon you have before picking it up. The picture of the gun will be there before you click x. To equip the mods, double tap A in the menu (to navigate left and right in the menu is RB and LB).

So that seemed like a lot of info but it all happens in about 2 minutes of time. You get down as fast as possible to where you want to be. Rip through the house finding what you can. Move on to the next house and repeat until you're geared up or run into someone. 

Some annoying things right now. If you drop really quick, objects in the house may not be fully rendered even though the items will be. So be careful. Once it does render, you may get stuck in whatever is there. I got stuck in toilet once and then it said death by falling... in the toilet apparently, lol.

You don't need to be right on a door to open it. Spam the x when you get close to save a second. 

People like to run you over in cars but if you hear it coming you can usually avoid it. Hit the deck (go prone, hold b) and most people will not have seen you yet because it's hard to see things while bouncing around driving. 

That's all I got for the start. Mostly TLDR for those that have played on PC but hope it helps a bit.

Need some help starting here. Played a few matches. Do you play 3rd or 1st person?  

Also looting seems super laggy. Is that normal?  

Ill take any pointers you got. Havent had more than a single kill in a match yet. 
Also, there's 2 philosophies in PUBG IMO. Those that want kills so they go looking for a fight. They might get 2-5 kills but die quick. Then there are those who are trying to survive (aka hiding and avoiding conflict). I prefer the later. I usually can finish top 10 with 1-3 kills if I just gear up, stay hidden and wait to the final rings to attack. 

We won our first match tonight. Did it as a 3 man squad too. I died with 8 left. I was downed but my teammate threw a nade at me and got 2 of their guys. Our other teammate went out at 9th but he had more kills than me. Our last Man standing got into a guard tower and managed to get 2 of the other 3 remaining to close it out. Exhilarating finish. First chicken dinner.

If anyone wants to see thousands of spaceships involved in a very slow-motion battle over a giant space citadel, check out one of the Twitch streams of the Eve Online 9-4 Keepstar battle tomorrow. The citadel vulnerability starts at 4:56 Eastern, but the shooting might start before that.
This ended up being a total #### show. Eve can handle more people in a battle than any other game I know of, but 6000 in one system pushed it over the limit.

I've spent 30 hours playing They Are Billions in the past week..... this is one addicting mofo

Steam description:

"They Are Billions is a strategy game in a distant future about building and managing human colonies after a zombie apocalypse destroyed almost all of human kind. Now there are only a few thousand humans left alive that must struggle to survive under the threat of the infection. Billions of infected roam around the world in massive swarms seeking the last living human colonies."

Trailer

I think anybody who played Sim City back in the day would really enjoy this.  (just add zombies)

bigmarc27 said:
I find the players in PUBG to be kind of oblivious. I’m desperately trying to figure out how scavenge and I have guys just running right by me. I’m scavenging, two guys run by so I kill one and the other guy just runs off. Then as I’m scavenging him (or attempting to), this guy lays down in front of me.

http://xboxclips.com/guerilla+gunner/d45aea33-7166-4fb3-828d-b61b849ef68c
With 100 people in a match, you have to figure there's a lot of noobs just figuring it out. I know I sucked the first 5 matches or so trying to figure out what I'm supposed to do.  Once you get the hang of it, you can make the final 25 pretty easily. That's when you're facing off against people not so oblivious. They're the ones that kill you and your just left there thinking where the #### did that come from.

With 100 people in a match, you have to figure there's a lot of noobs just figuring it out. I know I sucked the first 5 matches or so trying to figure out what I'm supposed to do.  Once you get the hang of it, you can make the final 25 pretty easily. That's when you're facing off against people not so oblivious. They're the ones that kill you and your just left there thinking where the #### did that come from.
Let me ask some questions...

I ended up with 4 kills in this match but honestly would have killed the 5th guy that got me if I had a good sensitivity on the rifle. What are your settings?  Specifically, what is the aim acceleration?  My 4 kills I had were all shotty kills.

Is there any way to make the left trigger aim down sight like every other FPS in the history of mankind?

Any benefit at all to picking up a different shirt or pants?  Like I get wanting a helmet and vest, but I just mean actual clothes.

Also how do I change my guy from generic white guy?  I look like Bruce Willis and Putin had a kid.

I picked up the Bioshock collection on sale during the holidays, and I'm working my way through the original game now.  I'm surprised how well this game holds up today, and how fresh and innovative it still feels.  I really hated Prey, which tried very hard to be Bioshock, which I think speaks to how well the developers managed to catch lightning in a bottle here.  Creating this kind of gameplay where you have all sorts of creative ways of approaching combat is tough to design.  

Let me ask some questions...

I ended up with 4 kills in this match but honestly would have killed the 5th guy that got me if I had a good sensitivity on the rifle. What are your settings?  Specifically, what is the aim acceleration?  My 4 kills I had were all shotty kills.

Is there any way to make the left trigger aim down sight like every other FPS in the history of mankind?

Any benefit at all to picking up a different shirt or pants?  Like I get wanting a helmet and vest, but I just mean actual clothes.

Also how do I change my guy from generic white guy?  I look like Bruce Willis and Putin had a kid.
Yes. Quick tap the left trigger goes into aim mode. When you have a scope or better sight (holographic, red dot, etc) it makes aiming easier. 

Clothes are purely cosmetic and don't take up inventory. The only advantage is camoflage. Black shirt and pants are harder to spot in the shadows compared to lighter colors.

In the main menu there's a customization option. I think you could change it in the beginning. After that it makes you get 3000 bp. The clothing and facial customizing is very basic right now.

Madden Club Championship.  Pretty cool contest.  32 NFL Teams had a tourneys to name an individual club champion.  Those 32 winners played off in another tourney.  This Thursday the final 8 play during the day (on twitch) and the final round of the Madden NFL 18 Club Championship will air live on February 1st at 9 p.m. ET on ESPN2.

The wife and I decided my kid (6yo) was mature enough to play Diablo 3.  We're playing 3 players and so far the Barbarian that goes by the name "Tornado Man" has single handedly guided his weak and frail parents through killing the Skeleton King*.  At one point I heard him whisper to himself how "sick" his moves were.  More updates to follow.

*Tornado Man currently spends most of his time attacking walls because he loses track of his character.

I just downloaded it. Only a few hours into it. It's my first Monster Hunter game, so I'm really just trying to figure it all out. The tutorial is a bit wordy for me...which is one thing I hate in video games. 
Please expand on this. You sound like you’re in the same boat as me. 

The wife and I decided my kid (6yo) was mature enough to play Diablo 3.  We're playing 3 players and so far the Barbarian that goes by the name "Tornado Man" has single handedly guided his weak and frail parents through killing the Skeleton King*.  At one point I heard him whisper to himself how "sick" his moves were.  More updates to follow.

*Tornado Man currently spends most of his time attacking walls because he loses track of his character.
:thumbup:  My wife and I are on our 3rd playthrough on campaign mode. It's really easy to loose track of your character in a crowded mob. I imagine 3-4 player couch co-op games would be crazy fun.

so awesome!

Never to early to get the kid into ARPG's.  Tell him Diablo 4 is right around the corner :)

:thumbup:  My wife and I are on our 3rd playthrough on campaign mode. It's really easy to loose track of your character in a crowded mob. I imagine 3-4 player couch co-op games would be crazy fun.
I have not played Diablo on the ps4 for a long time but I have this memory of pressing R3 which highlights your character on the screen so that you can find them if you lose sight of them.

I think if you press R3, a beam of light will shoot out of your head.  If you hold it, the beam remains constant.

Give it a shot to see if it still works that way.

Kanil said:

In.

Still playing a lot of COD WWII.  The game has given me more replay value than I originally thought.

I do have to say that they got the loot crate system down right this time around.  The last modern warfare game required you to spend massive amounts on money to unlock all of the gear (or "get lucky" on a drop).  No more.  Now, all of the guns are available to anyone willing to grind them out.  No more imbalance with only certain people having OP'd guns.

Users who are viewing this thread