What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (13 Viewers)

I bought the 13yo his own xbox around xmas thinking it would free up my TV downstairs (like him and his brother would play in his room).  With fornite constantly bing played I can't play or watch my TV still because they are in separate rooms now playing. Does the room here concur to buy the 12yo brother his own xbox?  I fell like a loser having three xboxs.   the kids are super busy doing other real life crap a lot of the time (hockey, baseball, soccer, golf), I'm trying to justify it here.

I bought the 13yo his own xbox around xmas thinking it would free up my TV downstairs (like him and his brother would play in his room).  With fornite constantly bing played I can't play or watch my TV still because they are in separate rooms now playing. Does the room here concur to buy the 12yo brother his own xbox?  I fell like a loser having three xboxs.   the kids are super busy doing other real life crap a lot of the time (hockey, baseball, soccer, golf), I'm trying to justify it here.
Concur.  We currently have two (one for me and one for MrsKanil) but we know the next generation will mean buying 3.  Our issue is where to put it because we don't want it in his room.

What trophies do you have left?

I joined a game you were in the other day and watched you get a bunch of kills as mercy... I definitely think I don't swap to DPS enough with her (essentially never outside of ultimate).  Of course, right before your game ended my internet died and I couldn't get back in.
I changed the button so triangle swaps the gun... makes it more intuitive.  On most other characters triangle is melee for me and then I use R3 to trigger the special.

Trophies I'm still hunting are:  Lucio's 3 wall ride kills,  Road Hog's 2 off the map w/ his ult, Hanzo 3 kills w/ lighting arrow and both of Zenyatta's

So pretty much only playing those guys.  I'll throw in a Mercy or Reinhardt/Orisa or Soldier if the team needs it, or if I haven't gotten many endorsements lately.

thecatch said:
I gave Metal Gear 5 a shot because it was free, even though I have never been a fan of the series because the story is so ####ing weird. Sure enough, I couldn’t get out of the prologue without a flaming whale randomly emerging from the ground to eat a helicopter, which then led to a devil-like creature riding out from the wreckage on a unicorn. Hard pass. 
It has good gameplay once you finally get there, but it's like 2-3 hours of pure crap before you actually get to the play the game.  And then it goes on and on with no end in sight.  Kojima needs somebody who can force him to leave some of this stuff on the cutting room floor.

We have 3 and most of the time it works well.  Biggest issue is that we only have 1 xbox gold account so when the 2 children are both playing, I can't play because all of the games are purchased under my account which is the gold account.   I ended up purchasing Madden again under a seperate account so I could play while both of the children were on the other 2 xbox's.

shadyridr said:
Ive been playing God of War non-stop since it was released in April. Finally expect to get the platinum trophy tonight and no clue what to play next. Cant believe I sunk almost 3 months into that game. Great game!
The trailers look really good. And I remember you liking Horizon Zero Dawn. Is gameplay similar? Or is it a button masher?

The trailers look really good. And I remember you liking Horizon Zero Dawn. Is gameplay similar? Or is it a button masher?
Its not as much of a button masher as the original GOW games but it is more of a button masher than HZD if that makes any sense. There is definitely a ton of strategy involved in combat now. I would liken the combat style more to an easier version of Dark Souls or The Witcher. Im not really sure how to explain it.

Its not as much of a button masher as the original GOW games but it is more of a button masher than HZD if that makes any sense. There is definitely a ton of strategy involved in combat now. I would liken the combat style more to an easier version of Dark Souls or The Witcher. Im not really sure how to explain it.
Yeah, that makes perfect sense. The older versions of the game were too much button mashing for me. I'd love another HZD, but I don't need it to be that, either. I loved Witcher. Maybe this will be my next purchase when I get time to start another game up.

NFL players losing their minds over their Madden ratings is simultaneously funny and sad.

Fournette said he should be higher, Madden said "prove it", and he replied with "I'm not sending nothing just take me off Madden Period and let my defense not be number one on there ima send to tackle h'all ###."

I don't speak jive so I'm unsure what that means. Good thing football exists for a moron like that. Only so many burger flipping jobs to go around.

Anyone play Elite Dangerous??  I picked it up a while back, its a cool game but the learning curve is steep!  Any tips out there?  Basically starting from scratch..

Anyone play Elite Dangerous??  I picked it up a while back, its a cool game but the learning curve is steep!  Any tips out there?  Basically starting from scratch..
Grabbed it like last summer on a Steam Summer Sale.  I think I played it like 5 minutes.  I probably have 200 Steam games with less than an hour of total play. :bag:

Not trying to pick a fight here but Ive played teh Gears as much as if not more than any other game in my life and a "button masher" would be the farthest thing that comes to mind. When I think button masher I think Diablo or those Dynasty Warrior styled games. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Fired up Rory McElroy golf last night. Forgot what mindless fun golf games can be.

very fond memories of drunken games of Tiger Woods with FBGs. 

#goldenera
I just wish it was harder.  While it's nice to just chill out and play, I hate winning tournaments by 30+ strokes.

I have a PS4, and never tried any of these, although am intrigued. I may pick one up, as I have a $70 gamestop gift card burning a hole in my pocket. 
Far Cry 5 was ok. But Yakuza 0 was pretty cool. My only issue with Yakuza is it's mostly a hand to hand combat game with some weapons. Not a lot of gun play and when you do get a chance to use the gun the controls seem stiff and awkward. You only have a few bullets too so if you miss once or twice you are kind of screwed 
All Far Cry 5 endings sucked great big donkey balls

Why not buy a tv? and a long HDMI cable for when the kid wants to play?

Man, you guys have said this so much I'm almost excited to play it just so I can see what you mean. I also love FC so I'd play it regardless, but really interested.
I hadn't read any spoilers so got to experience it without any expectations whatsoever. Probably made it ten times worse. I was... unprepared.

Rocket League...
Lmao. Depends who you play with I guess. That's probably the game I have ever taken most seriously. Draws every ounce of my competitive juices out. I can rage on teammates pretty badly at times.

But, then again, sometimes you'll meet the drunk/high dude just chilling on a Friday night.

Finally started up xcom:EU for the first time this weekend. It's been sitting in my queue for years. Got my butt handed to me my first play through yesterday, so giving it another shot today with some of my lessons learned and a little research.

loving it so far even though I'm not that good!

Finally started up xcom:EU for the first time this weekend. It's been sitting in my queue for years. Got my butt handed to me my first play through yesterday, so giving it another shot today with some of my lessons learned and a little research.

loving it so far even though I'm not that good!
I’ve had this queued up forever...  maybe it’s time.  I’ll fire it up. 

Lmao. Depends who you play with I guess. That's probably the game I have ever taken most seriously. Draws every ounce of my competitive juices out. I can rage on teammates pretty badly at times.

But, then again, sometimes you'll meet the drunk/high dude just chilling on a Friday night.
@Worm is pretty serious.  I tried playing with him on XBox once.  Once.

Splatoon 2 multiplayer. Trying something new. If there is a sale soon, maybe Zelda for the Switch. Haven’t touched story mode for Splatoon yet. 

The Tick said:
Man, you guys have said this so much I'm almost excited to play it just so I can see what you mean. I also love FC so I'd play it regardless, but really interested.
The game is pretty good, up to, but not including, the end

God of War ruled.  I rushed through the ending just to see how the story ended.  I found it hard at first because I usually opt for stealth whenever possible, but this game sort of requires you to get in close for melee.  But once I got the hang of it, thoroughly enjoyable.

God of War ruled.  I rushed through the ending just to see how the story ended.  I found it hard at first because I usually opt for stealth whenever possible, but this game sort of requires you to get in close for melee.  But once I got the hang of it, thoroughly enjoyable.
Did you see the secret "second" ending?

I bought a new backing to my 360 controller from amazon. It came yesterday, I downloaded 2018 rosters, and fired up NCAA football 2014. 

I bought it digital for $5 not knowing they would discontinue the series. Best $5 ever. 
I have this disk someplace but I can't find it. Now Im thinking I may have downloaded it to an old xbox 360 too. Did you/were you able to download it recently?

I have this disk someplace but I can't find it. Now Im thinking I may have downloaded it to an old xbox 360 too. Did you/were you able to download it recently?
So I’ve kept it downloaded since I bought the digital copy, but I would think it would be in your purchase history?  They still support the game, it’s very easy to grab updated rosters. 

Story mode is non existent. It's basically a tutorial.
I don't agree with that, there are over 25 different stages, it's gotta be at least 20 hours of content. If you buy the Octo Expansion that is all single player stuff, and it is crazy hard. 

I don't agree with that, there are over 25 different stages, it's gotta be at least 20 hours of content. If you buy the Octo Expansion that is all single player stuff, and it is crazy hard. 
Well I didn't get the expansion. I played the single player content that was there at launch. It's a tutorial. Took me about 1-2 hrs to complete.

So is a $160 price tag on the XBox One S enough to skip the One X? Hmm...
Depends on how much you want that 4k.  I know at my age, needing to wear my glasses to make the most out of the non 4k resolution, there is no need to pay a premium for resolution anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread