Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to?


Recommended Posts

On 8/4/2018 at 4:47 PM, Tony Jabroni said:

Looking at the Black Ops 4 preorder options. I see the digital deluxe ($99) and the digital deluxe premium ($129), do not offer a Season Pass. Just a Black Ops 4 "Pass". The info doesn't really state anything otherwise. Are they doing away with the Season Pass option? Any one got some insight on this?

My recollection is the "season pass" stand alone option is going away, but it is included in either the $99 or $130 options.  I believe the only difference between the $99 and $130 options are more COD points, and one extra digital bonus item in the more expensive package.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 31.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • SlaX

    1497

  • Insein

    1451

  • NewlyRetired

    1091

  • STEADYMOBBIN 22

    1086

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Saga of Tornado Man (continued):  Episode 2: The Butcher and Leap Tornado Man is growing into his role as a leader.  This is most readily seen by his consistent use of the phrases, "This way.

And this is the mentality that keeps me from playing MP most of the time.

So you bought and flipped 2 xboxes at exorbitant prices, and now you’re complaining about the secondary market for PS5s?

So on a whim I bought The Hunter Call Of The Wild. I had never ever played a hunting simulator before.

I am really hooked on this game.......like big time. I enjoyed that aspect of Far Cry 5 so much I said to myself let me try this out in a real simulator. And by george it is super relaxing, filled with amazing scenery, awesome strategy in earning harvests (Trophy's for kills). 

 

I got my first Moose and felt it was highly earned. I tracked her for over a mile....and was able to get her to come up on my as I lay prone in a tall area of brush before I put a fatal shot into her lung. Moose are very hearty and large and tough to hunt. It was rewarding. Also got my first Coyote last night tracking him through a marsh. There are different regions and preserves on the game and it is very well done. I am doing a large epic single player campaign and you can hunt online with friends as well.

 

Really impressed and enjoying it immensely. 

Edited by Todem
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Todem said:

So on a whim I bought The Hunter Call Of The Wild. I had never ever played a hunting simulator before.

I am really hooked on this game.......like big time. I enjoyed that aspect of Far Cry 5 so much I said to myself let me try this out in a real simulator. And by george it is super relaxing, filled with amazing scenery, awesome strategy in earning harvests (Trophy's for kills). 

 

I got my first Moose and felt it was highly earned. I tracked her for over a mile....and was able to get her to come up on my as I lay prone in a tall area of brush before I put a fatal shot into her lung. Moose are very hearty and large and tough to hunt. It was rewarding. Also got my first Coyote last night tracking him through a marsh. There are different regions and preserves on the game and it is very well done. I am doing a large epic single player campaign and you can hunt online with friends as well.

 

Really impressed and enjoying it immensely. 

Open world?

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Buddy Ball 2K3 said:

Open world?

You can basically hunt all you want. Unlock different area's of the map as you find look out towers, you can also build hunting structures. Full plethora of weapons, ammo, callers, scents, tents, ATV to get around etc.

 

Look up the game and read about it. It is a lot of fun.

 

Yes it is an open world.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Been binging on PUBG for XB1. It’s not perfect, but I will say that’s it far more playable now than when I tried back in the winter. I haven’t won a game yet, but I’m getting closer. I had a 3rd place finish yesterday and also a 5 kill game which has been my highest. I don’t got drop into the big cities, but prefer to hit a small town, then grab a car and drive to the opposite side of the map to get good circle position.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

NG+ update dropping Aug 20

meh  ;)

I'm not a 100% collector and have no desire to finish the same story again

If there was an additional sotry or something I'd consider it

Edited by belljr
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, belljr said:

meh  ;)

I'm not a 100% collector and have no desire to finish the same story again

If there was an additional sotry or something I'd consider it

I platinum trophied the game :bag: There was a lot of grinding which Im not a fan of. Ill probably play again. Who knows. I have no other games to play at this time until Spiderman drops.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Bethesda is dropping Steam support for their new games, I saw an article where FO:76 won't be on the Steam platform.  I get why they are doing it, they are big and popular enough where they can probably support their own online purchasing platform, but it still sucks.  I really like having all my stuff in one place, and the Steam workshop actually does a pretty good job making it easy for people to use basic game mods with their workshop platform.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked up Fifa 18 for $18 on PS4 with a few buddies.  We're terrible as none of us have ever played soccer outside of gym class and I'm the only one that's played a soccer game before and that was in the 90s.  We made our own pro club and players.  We've played 4 games and have 2 goals scored total.  Both by my buddy, Takeyouto Poundtown.  We'll eventually get it and start winning but it's rough when you're 11 months behind everyone else.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

No Man's Sky  :wall:

[fiddling with menu's.]  "Hey what's this Summon Ship thing?.........oh for christ sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I can't tell you how many hours I have spent jogging back to my ship.  I had no idea I could just summon it to me.  :wall:

:lmao:

 

Well, on the bright side, think how many steps your toon logged on his fitbit!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, East Coast Bias said:

Downloading the Black Ops 4 beta on Xbox. Never got my code though so well see if I get it before it goes live.

I'll eagerly be awaiting your opinion. Considering this when it comes out. I've found I play the Black Ops series on average way longer than any of the others they've made.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewlyRetired said:

At least I know why the gold level "Have Space Suite, Will Travel" trophy popped so fast :)

 

It used to be that you couldn't summon your ship.  I had ~50 hours of gameplay the old school way!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2018 at 4:59 PM, ShamrockPride said:

I'll eagerly be awaiting your opinion. Considering this when it comes out. I've found I play the Black Ops series on average way longer than any of the others they've made.

I'm enjoying it so far. I'm coming from Black Ops 3 so there are some differences. No jumping and sliding all over the map. I actually liked that. Still getting used to specialists and weapons to figure out what I want to run. Definitely going to buy it. I knew after an hour or so that I wasn't buying WW2. Healing yourself takes some getting used too. What platform are you on? Not playing the beta?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, East Coast Bias said:

I'm enjoying it so far. I'm coming from Black Ops 3 so there are some differences. No jumping and sliding all over the map. I actually liked that. Still getting used to specialists and weapons to figure out what I want to run. Definitely going to buy it. I knew after an hour or so that I wasn't buying WW2. Healing yourself takes some getting used too. What platform are you on? Not playing the beta?

I'm on PS4. And nah, I've never really given much thought to trying the betas each year. Prolly would have done me some good tho if I did. Likely would have been right there with you on WWII last year. Bought it launch day, played it maybe 3 weeks, then went right back to Gamestop. Hated it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, East Coast Bias said:

97M9G-HHJVM-H9MCC-7TH2T-Q47QZ

Beta code for Black.Ops 4 on Xbox if anyone wants it. Post when used so I can edit post.

If no one grabs it by tomorrow, I’ll take it. I want to try more out of curiosity than actually wanting to play it. I bought WW2 and hated myself for it.  Probably better for someone else, but if no takers come along...

Edited by bigmarc27
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, East Coast Bias said:

97M9G-HHJVM-H9MCC-7TH2T-Q47QZ

Beta code for Black.Ops 4 on Xbox if anyone wants it. Post when used so I can edit post.

I’m not on Xbox so I can’t try it for myself. Did they put the battle royale mode in the beta?

Link to post
Share on other sites

We got anyone playing Dead by Daylight from the free PSN this month? Really liking it. Def a game best with friends tho. Some people playing by themselves are really stupid.

Seems like a game you gotta be careful to not play too much tho otherwise you'll burn out pretty quickly. But again, really fun. Really gets my heart pumping. Kind of like virtual hide and seek lol.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:34 AM, Kanil said:

Bought Fifa 2018 last night for $18 on PS4.  I have not played a FIFA game since PS2... anything I should know?

Having a lot of fun playing FIFA with my buddies.  We started our own pro-club and have a 2-7 record but it's a lot of fun playing on the same team with friends.  It's really got me starting to like soccer and I'm actually looking forward to watching a couple games live.  Can't wait for World Cup 2026 when Denver is a host city!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kanil said:

Having a lot of fun playing FIFA with my buddies.  We started our own pro-club and have a 2-7 record but it's a lot of fun playing on the same team with friends.  It's really got me starting to like soccer and I'm actually looking forward to watching a couple games live.  Can't wait for World Cup 2026 when Denver is a host city!

Umm, I don't think the final list of host cities has been announced. Denver was on the initial list but that list is way longer than the final list will be. 

Enjoy the game. I'm a big FIFA fan. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

Umm, I don't think the final list of host cities has been announced. Denver was on the initial list but that list is way longer than the final list will be. 

Enjoy the game. I'm a big FIFA fan. 

I know that but I can't imagine it Denver doesn't make the final list.  It's the only one in the region.  I'd imagine some other cities take themselves out of the running on their own and then others get eliminated due to being in such close proximity of each other.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kanil said:

Having a lot of fun playing FIFA with my buddies.  We started our own pro-club and have a 2-7 record but it's a lot of fun playing on the same team with friends.  It's really got me starting to like soccer and I'm actually looking forward to watching a couple games live.  Can't wait for World Cup 2026 when Denver is a host city!

As a huge soccer fan myself, I would highly recommend you start saving right now :)  The World Cup in 2026 ticket prices are expected to be ridiculously high.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Whew. Finally found, rescued, and bought a large Star Destroyer looking capital ship freighter last night in NMS. Including the trade-in of my previous freighter (which I got for free at the time) which was smaller but still a different design of capital ship, it cost about $79M units. That hurt. But damn does it feel badass to summon that monstrosity into the atmosphere when I'm on a planet. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

gonna final break down and buy a new console.  ps4 pro.  my first three games are gonna be god of war 4, uncharted 4, and red dead redemption when it comes out.  any other must haves for ps4?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kanil said:

I know that but I can't imagine it Denver doesn't make the final list.  It's the only one in the region.  I'd imagine some other cities take themselves out of the running on their own and then others get eliminated due to being in such close proximity of each other.

10 cities will make the cut from the 17 that are left.

Absolute certainties are NY, Atlanta, LA, Chicago, DallasOrHouston, BaltOrDC

So with those 6 out of the way, that leaves only 4 more up for grabs.   Denver will be competing against cities with known soccer hot beds like Seattle, KC, and Orlando.

2 brand new MLS markets are launching in Nashville and Cincy and both are expected to be enormous hits so those cities are going to get an unexpected boost.

Denver and Boston are on equal footing as possibly being just on the outside looking in.  Denver missed out in 1994 as well so that may actually help them in 2026.

Edited by NewlyRetired
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

As a huge soccer fan myself, I would highly recommend you start saving right now :)  The World Cup in 2026 ticket prices are expected to be ridiculously high.

I'm expecting to pay $2.5k for a seat if I can't finagle one by other means.  I've got a couple contacts that may be able to help if I'm willing to "work" the event.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

Signs I am playing too much No Man's Sky:

Today I was driving to the supermarket and looked up and saw a bird flying over head and my first instinct was to try and scan it.  My left finger even tried to squeeze the L2 trigger...

:bag:

:lmao: Holy s### no joke I had the same thing happen to me a couple weeks ago. Meant to post it in here but forgot. Had to reel myself back in for a second and be like alright pay a-freakin-ttention.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, need2know said:

gonna final break down and buy a new console.  ps4 pro.  my first three games are gonna be god of war 4, uncharted 4, and red dead redemption when it comes out.  any other must haves for ps4?

Horizon Zero Dawn.  My favorite PS4 game so far.  Its also an exclusive.  

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShamrockPride said:

:lmao: Holy s### no joke I had the same thing happen to me a couple weeks ago. Meant to post it in here but forgot. Had to reel myself back in for a second and be like alright pay a-freakin-ttention.

lol. 

 

Ive never played that, however when I was playing R6 Siege a lot and I saw a security camera in a store, my first thought every time was that I needed to shoot it out. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, need2know said:

gonna final break down and buy a new console.  ps4 pro.  my first three games are gonna be god of war 4, uncharted 4, and red dead redemption when it comes out.  any other must haves for ps4?

The new Spider-Man game coming out in a few weeks has people salivating. Probably sold-out by now but there was a pre-order bundle out there with a wicked looking red with white spider logo PS4 Pro with the game, and I saw another one I think exclusive to Gamestop that had an extra controller and God Of War for another $100. Wish I could justify spending that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I played Fortnite for the first time ever over the weekend and got second.  All I did was try to go places nobody else would and then move into the circle every time it closed.  I never saw anyone else until there was just 2 of us.  I guess I just got lucky.  The guy I was left with eventually found me and one-shotted me.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scoresman said:

I played Fortnite for the first time ever over the weekend and got second.  All I did was try to go places nobody else would and then move into the circle every time it closed.  I never saw anyone else until there was just 2 of us.  I guess I just got lucky.  The guy I was left with eventually found me and one-shotted me.  

You can win games like that - even when I was playing a lot I never actively looked for fights. I’d tend to strafe on the outskirts and avoid everyone unless I cam up on two fighting and I’d try to finish the other off. 

 

That said, to actually win you’ll need to be at full health and shield and you really need a grenade launcher, or a really good AR / Tommy gun.  If you get there with a pistol, it’s game over. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...