What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (12 Viewers)

I slow played this game and it took me around 125 hours to complete the story. However it can be done so much quicker.

I actually love this game so much. I went on dedicated hunting trips all over the map.....I mean it was like living in the Wild Wild West and living out that fantasy. It was a tremendous experience. And one I will go back and replay again sometime in the future. 

Just a marvelous game and worth every minute I played it. Great advice too. I played with zero spoilers and such adventured and discovered everything on my own. 
Thanks for the update! So awesome.

With 125 hours, sounds like you indeed may have found everything on your own! And def. jealous you did this without spoilers, some of the moments in this game had to be that much more powerful without foresight of the story arc.

You may now want to do some searching around some of the random encounters, special collectibles, and events you can trigger online to see if it's worth playing through again to see them!

First off The Last of Us is pretty addictive. I am really liking the pace of it. 

I was looking for a cheap copy of MLB The Show PS4

On Amazon they are selling the 2019 edition for $19.99. Can I buy it cheaper in the  Playstation store with a direct download?

If so how do I find it? The only one I can find in there is the 2020 edition and it is to expensive for me.
Also, for searching the PS store, I find it a LOT easier to do it on the web or the phone app then messing with it on the PS4.  But unless they are having a big sale on the PS store, you usually pay more there.

Thanks for the update! So awesome.

With 125 hours, sounds like you indeed may have found everything on your own! And def. jealous you did this without spoilers, some of the moments in this game had to be that much more powerful without foresight of the story arc.

You may now want to do some searching around some of the random encounters, special collectibles, and events you can trigger online to see if it's worth playing through again to see them!
Man, I'm really mixed on RDR2 so far, they just went too far with stuff in so many cases.  I HATE the weight system, it sucks, hard.  Before I figured it out and knew that it mattered, I got way down, been trying to get back up to perfect FOREVER, and just can't get there, I pig out start getting close, then one day I only eat a whole pile of game meat and a camp stew and I drop 2%.  And when you eat, you sometimes hear sounds, after eating, either a lower pitched or higher pitched sound, no idea what those mean, figured one meant you were good for the day, but I get it and still lose weight (seriously, I wish I had this F-ing problem in real life!!).  Stuff like camp chores being one of the only good reliable ways to increase your Dead Eye, first, they don't explain them, and then it just gets annoying to want to raise my dead eye, so I get up every day and spend the next 10mins of my real life slowly doing these chores.  Yes, I could just avoid them, and let my dead eye just end up wherever, but i'm nuts and am somehow unable to do that.  So many of the mechanics in the game were under explained, weight system, core system, a lot of those things seemed to be explained with pop-ups while other stuff was going on, so while I can glance at it, boom game moves on and I never digested it.  I've HAD to go to the web to feel like I understand HTF to play the game, and unfortunately, one of my random searches for a game mechanic, did blow what seems like a big spoiler.  I know you warned me, but I just couldn't figure some stuff out without an internet search.

On the good side, the game is gorgeous, the world looks great, I enjoy a lot of the characters, I enjoy the random events, the missions (which I haven't done that many of, because I've spent so much time exploring and hunting, (and trying to gain weight...)) have been lots of fun.  Now that I understand things better and have a lot of my personal initial exploration done, i'll probably start hitting missions with more frequency.

I just think they wanted to turn a few things up to 11, to make it so real, and in my opinion they lost a little of the "fun" in doing so.  I'm going to keep playing, and I'll probably start to enjoy it more as the initial ramp up gets further into my rear-view, but the start up has been pretty rough.

I switched to the cursor hitting this year (or whatever it's called) doing 3 button pitching and suck.

I might play franchise this time instead of rtts

Anyone played Rimworld? (giggle)

Seriously though, I really enjoyed Prison Architect or whatever similar game until I figured out that eventually it just crashes and breaks. Is Rimworld (giggle,) any different?  

Anyone playing any cool indie games? Im kinda into city builders, resource gathering and RPG type games. No SNES block style RPGs. Pretty done with metroidvania games. I need something fresh. 

Enjoying Ori and the Will of the Wisps.  The first game was outstanding.  This one has been just as great so far.  Even better that I didn't have to pay any extra for it, with it being on Xbox Game Pass.  But I would have gladly paid for it and probably will eventually.
My friend told me the Ori games are the best platformers he's ever played, so I decided to check them out.  

I beat Blind Forest the other day and then I was sad. Then I beat Will of the Wisps tonight, and now I am sad again. Just fun, beautiful, and sort of heavy in a sense.  Think it has the coolest and most natural movement system of any platformer.  Just perfect.  I'd recommend these games to anybody.  

MLB The Show 20 is simply amazing.

That is all.
I have been looking at this and I want it in the worst way. If not for the economic crisis here I would have it. I may end up with it regardless of the economics :bag:  I will have to live with the dirty looks from my wife. The kids can eat cake!! Let me have my game.

Is MLB The Show 20 much different than MLB The Show 19?  

19 is much cheaper. Are the improvements in 20 worth the money?

After all these years I finally got around to playing a modded and updated version of tecmo super bowl. 

They have seasons by year going back to 1960. There is also a street league where the field is half as long and gray like a road. Everybody goes twice as fast. 

Im still playing around with it but so far I’m enjoying this minor league version that’s really hard. I’m 4-4 and every game has been a battle. 

The easy difficulty of tecmo has really been the only gripe with an otherwise perfect game so I’m enjoying it. 

I have been looking at this and I want it in the worst way. If not for the economic crisis here I would have it. I may end up with it regardless of the economics :bag:  I will have to live with the dirty looks from my wife. The kids can eat cake!! Let me have my game.
I've been kicking around buying MLBTS20 also, even though I have a pile of other games to finish. I'm sure it will be like all the previous seasons, just a fun game with lots of different modes to enjoy. I like the diamond dynasty stuff, and completing challenges to unlock cards.

usually I like to buy the MVP version so I can start with a little stuff (cards, stubs, etc.), but I'm hesitating at dropping 80 bucks on it.

prosopis said:
Is MLB The Show 20 much different than MLB The Show 19?  

19 is much cheaper. Are the improvements in 20 worth the money?
Far better in hitting and fielding. Such a much better level of baseball simulation. I get them every year and pour 1000 hours into it a year. MLB 20 is hands down the best.

And I said the same thing about 16,17,18 and 19. They simply make improvements every year to gameplay. And this year was the most dramatic jump for me. 

Just outstanding. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Doom Eternal

Hella hard

Hella fun

Doom Eternal might be the hardest game I have ever played.  I am on the easiest difficulty setting (I'm too young to die) and it's still too hard IMO.  Often frustrating but I'm not giving up.
I am absolutely loving this game. I have never played this type of shooter before, I was playing it like a cover shooter at first and was just getting destroyed. Once I figured out you gotta keep moving and the importance of using the basic zombies as ammo/health packs it started clicking for me. I also waited way too long to get comfortable with the flame belch, that made things a lot easier once I understood how to leverage that. So much fun. 

I am absolutely loving this game. I have never played this type of shooter before, I was playing it like a cover shooter at first and was just getting destroyed. Once I figured out you gotta keep moving and the importance of using the basic zombies as ammo/health packs it started clicking for me. I also waited way too long to get comfortable with the flame belch, that made things a lot easier once I understood how to leverage that. So much fun. 
Agreed.  Once I figured some of those strategies, it was a lot easier but I am still on the easiest setting.   :bag:  

Now I want a Resident Evil 4 remake.  That might be an emotional moment for me given how many times I've played through that one on three different platforms.

Far better in hitting and fielding. Such a much better level of baseball simulation. I get theme every year and pour 1000 hours into it a year. MLB 20 is hands down the best.

And I said the same thing about 16,17,18 and 19. They simply make improvements every year to gameplay. And this year was the most dramatic jump for me. 

Just outstanding. 
Damn it now I really want it.

If you are worried about spoilers for Last of Us then stop reading.

WTF? I just got to the part where Sam and Henry die. I did not see that coming. 😭

If you are worried about spoilers for Last of Us then stop reading.

WTF? I just got to the part where Sam and Henry die. I did not see that coming. 😭
Just today, my daughter started playing through this game again. She has probably completed it 2-3 times before.

I am sad that they are going to delay the 2nd one--I was really looking forward to getting it next month.

You never played the one from 2016?  If not get that.  Its also great

I literally cannot get over how hard the final boss of RE3 is on the higher difficulty levels.  It went all the way from "LOL pushover" on Hardcore to "OMG I can't believe this ####" on Nightmare.  It's as if the developers zeroed in on one of the worst bosses of all time -- Bed of Chaos -- and used that as their starting design, just tweaking it here and there to make it way more annoying.  I mean, that boss is exactly Bed of Chaos just moved into the RE universe.

Now I want a Resident Evil 4 remake.  That might be an emotional moment for me given how many times I've played through that one on three different platforms.
I want then to do Code Veronica first to continue this modified story they have going. Maybe tie it better to how we got to RE7.

I literally cannot get over how hard the final boss of RE3 is on the higher difficulty levels.  It went all the way from "LOL pushover" on Hardcore to "OMG I can't believe this ####" on Nightmare.  It's as if the developers zeroed in on one of the worst bosses of all time -- Bed of Chaos -- and used that as their starting design, just tweaking it here and there to make it way more annoying.  I mean, that boss is exactly Bed of Chaos just moved into the RE universe.
It's almost impossible to beat the harder difficulties without perfecting the Dodge. 

Honestly the zombies are the hardest enemy (especially the pale heads).

Asking for recommendations here:

Loved Witcher 3, RDR2, and the Assassin's Creed games.  Enjoy games with a solid story line and nice open world options.  

Has anything come out lately that fits that bill and is a good game?  Already beat Zelda BOTW.  Also enjoy Civilizaition games but with 3 kids, and parents with 2 full time jobs, the time just isn't there.  Any recommendations for new games to try along these lines?

adonis said:

Loved Witcher 3, RDR2, and the Assassin's Creed games.  Enjoy games with a solid story line and nice open world options.  

Has anything come out lately that fits that bill and is a good game?  Already beat Zelda BOTW.  Also enjoy Civilizaition games but with 3 kids, and parents with 2 full time jobs, the time just isn't there.  Any recommendations for new games to try along these lines?
Days Gone is pretty open world witha story line, but with zombies

adonis said:

Bioshock has a great story line and it changes depending on choices you make. I really got into that.

adonis said:

What system and how new?  Horizon Zero Dawn (ps only) if you haven’t played it. The Far Cry games probably fit your criteria too. 

What system and how new?  Horizon Zero Dawn (ps only) if you haven’t played it. The Far Cry games probably fit your criteria too. 
Thanks.  Xbox latest, and switch - no PlayStation at this time but that could change if a really good game calls for it.

adonis said:

Division 2 and Shadows of War are pretty fun and fairly similar in structure, no dialogue options but there are side missions in addition to the main story (Story lines aren’t anything to write home about but good enough).  Both should be relatively cheap and don’t take a lot of time to get into. Can fire it up anytime and waste an hour or so no problem. 

Insein said:
It's almost impossible to beat the harder difficulties without perfecting the Dodge. 

Honestly the zombies are the hardest enemy (especially the pale heads).
I made it back to Final Nemesis on Inferno without much issue.  Then I experimented with a few weapon configurations on the boss.  I have to equip an assault coin for the magnum to one-shot his pustules, which is kind of nuts but whatever.  I've seen videos of guys killing him with the burst-fire handgun, but it won't one-hit the pustules even with both assault coins equipped.  I'm sure this is an adaptive difficulty issue.  

Anyway, I figured I would just practice dodging his attacks a few times, but I found I wasn't able to stay alive long enough to even see most of his attacks.  The timing windows on dodges feel a lot skinnier than on Nightmare, and there was one attack in particular where he howls -- which locks me in place -- and then follows that up with what seems like an undodgeable combo, essentially an RNG-based instakill.  I'm positive I'm doing something wrong that baits him into that attack, but it's still really cheap and I had to take a break because this was not a fun exercise at all.  

I took my mind off my worries with a quick S-rank, no healing items run on Assisted, which unlocked several trophies and more importantly gave me some points to spend in the store.  I think I'm going to have to resort to the rocket launcher to finish off Inferno, because honestly the final boss on that difficulty is just kind of broken.

So I unlocked the infinite rocket launcher and hopped back into the final boss fight.  After 20+ tries, I can verify that this fight is still absolute bull####, but at least I can see that it is beatable. I'm getting past the first form pretty consistently, and making it to the third form maybe 20% of the time.  I actually had him beat on one attempt, only to get stun-locked and killed literally feet from the rail gun.

I'll get past this guy in the morning when I'm sober, but this boss definitely goes down as Most Poorly Designed Boss Of All Time for me.  This is just stupid.

adonis said:

Given your tastes, maybe try Skyrim? It's an old game so you may be way ahead of me here -- just thought that given what you've mentioned enjoying about those other open world games, that Skyrim really meets all those needs (solid story line, tons of side stories, deep open world options, etc.).

I've been playing a lot of Borderlands 3.  Since the shelter in place went into effect, they have done a good job of rotating special events that increase various sources of loot drops.

Also been playing couch co-op Harry Potter Lego with my 8 year-old son.  I made him hold off on playing the first game (Years 1-4) until we finished the first four books and he's super into it.  

Shadow of the Colossus was free on PS+, which is a game I've wanted to play for a long time, but never did get around to buying it, so I'm going to play through that, then move on to the Bioshock series, which was also free on PS+ and RDR2.  I played RDR2 for about a week and managed to get through maybe 3 story missions before getting sidetracked with hunting animals and doing random side missions.  The more open world the game, the less likely I am to make any progress.

Just started Uncharted 4 yesterday evening, since it was free this month. I was checking my trophies the other day, I've beat the first 3, but the last time I played 3 was back in 2015. I had to watch the cinematic sequences on YouTube from the previous games to remember who my wife Elena was this game lol. Barely remembered her. Already on Chapter 7. Thrilling start. I always did remember I thought this series voice acting was second to none.

Just started Uncharted 4 yesterday evening, since it was free this month. I was checking my trophies the other day, I've beat the first 3, but the last time I played 3 was back in 2015. I had to watch the cinematic sequences on YouTube from the previous games to remember who my wife Elena was this game lol. Barely remembered her. Already on Chapter 7. Thrilling start. I always did remember I thought this series voice acting was second to none.
I played the first two and loved the cut scenes and story, but the gameplay is sooooooo repetitive that it kinda kills it for me.  I'm assuming 3 & 4 are similar?

The girl one is better

Lost Legacy is worth the play when you finish 4

Dickies said:
I've been playing a lot of Borderlands 3.  Since the shelter in place went into effect, they have done a good job of rotating special events that increase various sources of loot drops.

Also been playing couch co-op Harry Potter Lego with my 8 year-old son.  I made him hold off on playing the first game (Years 1-4) until we finished the first four books and he's super into it.  

Shadow of the Colossus was free on PS+, which is a game I've wanted to play for a long time, but never did get around to buying it, so I'm going to play through that, then move on to the Bioshock series, which was also free on PS+ and RDR2.  I played RDR2 for about a week and managed to get through maybe 3 story missions before getting sidetracked with hunting animals and doing random side missions.  The more open world the game, the less likely I am to make any progress.
Bioshock rocked

need2know said:
Is re3 really like only 5 hours?  I think I'm gonna wait for it to price drop.   So much other stuff to play 
It's excellent, but short.  I sprung for it because my queue is empty and I was looking for something to play, but most people are going to see this as more like a $20-$30 game than a $60 game.  To put it in perspective, I beat the game today for the sixth time.  My seventh run-through will finish off the platinum.  I expect a couple more playthroughs, but yes once you know what you're doing you can easily beat the game in under two hours.  My first run was about seven hours, but that was by far my longest run.

Users who are viewing this thread