What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (3 Viewers)

I am getting very iffy on Day's Gone. The main issue is, I am just lost. I have no idea what I am doing, why I am bothering to do it, and have a general feeling of "What was that?" Examples:

Went to the graveyard and got the drug stash. Couldn't find and burn the body when I was there because everything just kept telling me to get back on my bike and leave. So I took the drugs back to Copeland, or rather tried to. He won't even talk to me. Just says "Mission in Progress." I can't take the drugs off the bike, so it's just like... ok.  I am just going to ride around with drugs strapped to the bike now?

Other things, I keep seeing question marks pop up so I go investigate. I run around and find a few magnifying glasses and investigate the things and then... nothing. The green "search" circle disappears and that seems to be that. I didn't gain anything. I didn't find anything. It just... ended. What?

Another time, same thing. Investigate a few clues and then all these little white circles appear. I start towards the first one and am immediately snared. End up locked up. Break out, kill everyone, get my stuff back. And... nothing.

I just feel like I am doing a bunch of useless crap that I don't understand, not getting anything for it, not gaining anything with the Copeland camp. So I can't even upgrade my gas or storage or anything. Everything at this point just seems confusing and pointless.

I am getting very iffy on Day's Gone. The main issue is, I am just lost. I have no idea what I am doing, why I am bothering to do it, and have a general feeling of "What was that?" Examples:

Went to the graveyard and got the drug stash. Couldn't find and burn the body when I was there because everything just kept telling me to get back on my bike and leave. So I took the drugs back to Copeland, or rather tried to. He won't even talk to me. Just says "Mission in Progress." I can't take the drugs off the bike, so it's just like... ok.  I am just going to ride around with drugs strapped to the bike now?

Other things, I keep seeing question marks pop up so I go investigate. I run around and find a few magnifying glasses and investigate the things and then... nothing. The green "search" circle disappears and that seems to be that. I didn't gain anything. I didn't find anything. It just... ended. What?

Another time, same thing. Investigate a few clues and then all these little white circles appear. I start towards the first one and am immediately snared. End up locked up. Break out, kill everyone, get my stuff back. And... nothing.

I just feel like I am doing a bunch of useless crap that I don't understand, not getting anything for it, not gaining anything with the Copeland camp. So I can't even upgrade my gas or storage or anything. Everything at this point just seems confusing and pointless.
Sounds like a glitch (with not being able to give the drugs). The burn the body thing is the game mechanics that it can't handle two missions at the same time (lame, I know). You may need to restart the mission in order to make it work (should be easier the second time around)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a random event. Effing annoying when it happens

Sounds like a glitch (with not being able to give the drugs). The burn the body thing is the game mechanics that it can't handle two missions at the same time (lame, I know). You may need to restart the mission in order to make it work (should be easier the second time around)
I had to go talk to two people in another camp. THEN it gave me the choice of who to give the drugs too. Then I finally read a hint on burning the body. I was trying to get it to have me "activate" the body, carry it or something. Turn out I just had to molotov the thing, so that was on me.  :bag:

With completion of that mission, I got level 1 with Copeland and could at least get a bigger gas tank and quieter muffler and seem to be doing ok. Cleaned out a six nest area. Completed another story mission. I'm getting some things figured out. The darn ? things still confuse me though. I'm basically just ignoring them.

I had to go talk to two people in another camp. THEN it gave me the choice of who to give the drugs too. Then I finally read a hint on burning the body. I was trying to get it to have me "activate" the body, carry it or something. Turn out I just had to molotov the thing, so that was on me.  :bag:

With completion of that mission, I got level 1 with Copeland and could at least get a bigger gas tank and quieter muffler and seem to be doing ok. Cleaned out a six nest area. Completed another story mission. I'm getting some things figured out. The darn ? things still confuse me though. I'm basically just ignoring them.
Always get the biggest gas tank you can find.

I ####ed this exact same mission up too. Don't feel bad.

With no sports to watch on TV I caved and bought MLB the show 20 this weekend.  With the rare preseason hype around my Twins, I wanted to see what the team could do.  I am currently playing a GM role with the team and put the game on CPU vs CPU to just watch them.  My wife says I have officially gone crazy because I am watching a video game, not real sports.  I look at it as it's not the real thing, but is a substitute and I can get other things done while the game is playing.  I don't think it is crazy, but who knows.  :shrug:

Any chance PS4 will drop in price? I am out of work and really shouldn't be buying anything but...............

A PS4 sure would be a nice distraction.

Enemies are some of the best I’ve ever seen but I just couldn’t go through another RPG. 
Yeah, there were things about that game that I LOVED, especially the big enemies, really felt like you were battling this huge stuff and not just swinging at their feet with swards, but climbing up on them.  It started off really hard for me, until I built up some abilities, but then it got a little more manageable.

That being said, I'm not sure it's a game i'll play through again like some of the Bioware RPG's where i'm invested in the stories.

Not a huge gamer, and I am biased about RDR2 as the best game I've ever played (just a little better than Skyrim, IMO, as I've built a real connection with the main protagonist in RDR2 in a much more prominent way than with Skyrim's protagonist).

So to the first sentence I quoted above, absolutely a story-driven game. And it's exactly why this game has so much depth, why I feel so powerfully connected to the characters -- they are way more real in their interactions and arcs, way more complexity and nuance. That sentence reads as if a story-driven game is a bug, when it's absolutely the best feature of this game.

Totally disagree about the second. This game is so chock-full of stranger and side quests, challenges, chance encounters, passive minigames (though I wish they had Liar's Dice instead of or in addition to dominoes), and so many extraordinary things to happen upon -- deliberate points of interest and simply game-mechanic driven events (like a wolf deliberating whether to fight a bear or howling in mourning over the loss of a packmate, dynamic weather changes, each NPC having a full "life" during a 24-hour cycle, and so much more) -- that you can literally just free roam and not play the story at all and have an incredibly enriching and fun experience on that basis alone.

So yeah, I'm biased, maybe a little obsessed. 

But it's literally the best game I've ever played.
FINALLY purchased RDR2 on sale last week and started it up last night.  Really damn excited for this.

I'm getting some things figured out. The darn ? things still confuse me though. I'm basically just ignoring them.
The question marks indicate a random encounter in that general area.  There are several different types of encounters.

Sometimes there's one of those search circles, you come in and you find the object in the circle that has the magnifying glass over it and hold the examine button until it finishes.  It'll light up a path for you to follow, usually footprints (white dots on your mini-map) that'll lead to another search circle.  Eventually these will usually lead to where some bad guys are set up.  You kill them all.  Sometimes they have hostages that you can rescue and send to a camp for camp credits and/or camp trust.

A lot of times it'll lead you to bad guys waiting to ambush you.  There are snipers on the road.  Clotheslines stretched across the road.  Sometimes they'll try to push a burning car in your path to stop you.  The one where you hit a snare and woke up tied up without your stuff was one.  I only had that happen once, though.

Sometimes it's hard to find anything at all at the question marks.  But the ones that do end up with hostages that you need to rescue can help a lot in earning trust and camp credits.

The question marks indicate a random encounter in that general area.  There are several different types of encounters.

A lot of times it'll lead you to bad guys waiting to ambush you.  There are snipers on the road.  Clotheslines stretched across the road.  Sometimes they'll try to push a burning car in your path to stop you.  The one where you hit a snare and woke up tied up without your stuff was one.  I only had that happen once, though.
I read up on it on old Reddit posts. From reading those, it sounded as if about 80% of these things were ambushes or freaker attacks.

FINALLY purchased RDR2 on sale last week and started it up last night.  Really damn excited for this.
You're gonna love it. My advice:

1. Stay away from any spoilers or searching around online for things, as it's super easy to have the plotline spoiled. Happened to me and I wish I was experiencing this game without knowing where it's going and how it ends
  2. Take your time. Seriously. After the first chapter, when things open up in terms of free roam, don't just go through all the missions. Take it slow. Look around. Interact with people and the environment. Keep your eyes peeled for obvious stranger and side quests (those that light up in white on your map) or little white dots that crop up on your minimap that indicate a stranger interaction. Walk around town and really look at the environment, which is gorgeous (and being investigatory can open up some side missions). 
  3. I am not sure how you play, but if you truly care about "missible" things and feel compelled to be a completionist, my advice is the same -- stay away from searching online and just slow-play your way through the game. Then when you are all done, play again, this time deeply looking for everything you can with some help with Internet searches. Not everyone has the time to play through whole games like this twice, but if you do, that's the way I'd do it. If you don't want that approach, but still are a completionist, then look up missable missions and the things you need to do to get to 100% in the game. 
  4. Report back to share what you like, what you didn't, etc. 

With no sports to watch on TV I caved and bought MLB the show 20 this weekend.  With the rare preseason hype around my Twins, I wanted to see what the team could do.  I am currently playing a GM role with the team and put the game on CPU vs CPU to just watch them.  My wife says I have officially gone crazy because I am watching a video game, not real sports.  I look at it as it's not the real thing, but is a substitute and I can get other things done while the game is playing.  I don't think it is crazy, but who knows.  :shrug:
DUDE! This is the only way I've played franchise modes in sports games for like, years now. The Show, Madden, 2K. I'll usually sim through the season, and then I'll watch through the playoffs if we make it.

There's actually a rather sizable niche in the sports gaming community who do this. If you go to the Operation Sports forums, people test and develop CPU vs CPU sliders for all these games for realistic stats and gameflow. It's fantastic.

Playing Breath of the Wild. Finally, after getting it when I first got my Switch #yayquarantinetime lol

Holy cow it is awesome. I like it so much I'm putting off starting Pokemon Sword. 

Yep getting one just for tron deadly disc
love that game.  I actually have it and the original Intellivision II.  It works with some of the games I have, not all of them though.  Was playing some Night Stalker and Lock N Chase last weekend. Tron Deadly Discs was working.

Also have the original Intellivision, doesn't work though.

Was my first game system.  The Football game was pretty revolutionary in that you could pick specific plays to run.
Mine too.  My Grandfather had one too and it gave us something in common.  He was on the east coast, I was on the west.  When he passed I got the system and games.  Some are still sealed in the original packaging with the cellophane!  

Loved that football game too.  I often used my zip code as my go to play.  Might have been 1 too many numbers, but used it anyway

Frog Bog, Sub Hunt, Burger Time, Advanced D&D, Shark Shark, Space Hawk, Happy Trails... I think I even have Empire Strikes Back

I even have Intellivoice.  Don't know if it works.

Mine too.  My Grandfather had one too and it gave us something in common.  He was on the east coast, I was on the west.  When he passed I got the system and games.  Some are still sealed in the original packaging with the cellophane!  

Loved that football game too.  I often used my zip code as my go to play.  Might have been 1 too many numbers, but used it anyway

Frog Bog, Sub Hunt, Burger Time, Advanced D&D, Shark Shark, Space Hawk, Happy Trails... I think I even have Empire Strikes Back

I even have Intellivoice.  Don't know if it works.
B17 bomber....there's a bogey 3 oclock

Doom Eternal

Hella hard

Hella fun
Doom Eternal might be the hardest game I have ever played.  I am on the easiest difficulty setting (I'm too young to die) and it's still too hard IMO.  Often frustrating but I'm not giving up.

I ordered a PS4 bundle. Has God of War, The last of us, and some fantasy game? :bag:

I feel bad spending the money but I figure it will give me something to do while not working. My kid also has the Red Dead 1&2 so I can try those.

I ordered a PS4 bundle. Has God of War, The last of us, and some fantasy game? :bag:

I feel bad spending the money but I figure it will give me something to do while not working. My kid also has the Red Dead 1&2 so I can try those.
Lol . I bought a steering wheel and other junk. Welcome!!!!

I'm way better with a wheel vs controller driving

I rotate around with this group:

1. NBA2K, usually play on-line in team up mode because I suck and can't control 5 players. I usually am a big man, been mainly Embid. I'm not very good at the controls but I pride myself on controlling the paint and not letting my man beat me. Feel like for someone not very good at controls I provide a valuable contribution to my team. Most of the time anyway, every now and then I'll face a big man that just abuses me but for the most part you can count on me for 10+ rebounds, a few shot blocks and all around effort.

2. Madden Franchise mode, 15 minute quarters but played in the Quick Game mode so I don't play every down and each game takes about 20 minutes. I wanted a challenge so I took Dolphins.  I'm in year 2028, took me 5 years to get to the SB but have won a few in a row and now dealing with some serious cap issues.

3. Call of Duty, just started messing around with battle royale mode. I'm awful, probably worst game I've ever been at in my life but learning how to pick my spots.

4. Fortnite- I can't build a fort worth a damn but I'm actually pretty good at hiding or riding around on a boat until it gets down to last few people. Got tons of seconds but a surprising amount of first places finishes in solo mode. My wife and kid make fun of me, call me names when I hide and stuff. I tell them when you look up the description of Fortnite it is described as a survival game. Surviving is part of the game.

5. RD2- my daughter is into online, I only play story mode. It's my relaxing game.

Broke out my modded Wii and have been playing mixing things up with Mario 3 (NES) and Joe Montana Football (Genesis)

Always loved the first Montana game. Its a perfectly balanced game. Was ahead of its time with the ability to lead passes. This led to some pretty amazing diving catches back in its heyday. 

Something I did not know until a few days ago. Back when the Genesis released they hired another company to make the Montana game but they couldn't come through so Sega asked EA to use their engine. Apparently they made a game so good that the dude running EA at the time was like no way, you gotta scale the game back otherwise you cant use my engine. 

The game is great already, it pains me to know that we didn't all get to experience what it coulda been. 

Logitech G920

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Z0UWV98/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_zpJFEb7N0SVV7

I had an og  handheld PC back in the papryus days...  It looked like an RC wheel controller

Had a meh Earnhardt Jr PS2 wheel

Then had the original Xbox 360 wheel which I thought was great....

I used to suck with the wheel now it makes Nascar 4 easier lol.  I still have aids on :bag:
Cool. I had the DFGT and a G27 I liked both wheels, but the peddles are kinda meh.  There are some mods out there that are supposed to help. But I found a deal on ebay for a set of Clubsport V1's several years back and the load cell brakes are so much more like IRL

See ya on the track.  :drive:

Since I didn’t play the RE2 remake, do they actually change the game or is it up just updated with graphics and new controls?  Like are all the puzzles the same?
Puzzles are different. Game is very much different. Same setting but better combat. Better atmosphere. I still love the originals but the remakes have been fantastic. Re3 demo is out now on all systems. Check it out. See if you like. 

Really like the freedom Days Gone is giving me to solve problems, even if the problems themselves will probably get repetitive later on, it's still been fun.

Two examples, I'm still pretty early on:

1. This one's minor, but I came across a camp of Rippers and remembered hearing from an NPC that they refuse to fight back against freakers. So from hiding I used rocks to lure a single freaker through the camp's back gate and then snuck around as I watched it kill every single one of the Rippers one after another around the camp, true to what I heard they would just stand there and pray. Then I just had clean-up duty on a single freaker. Very satisfying especially early on when I had nothing but a 9mm and a crossbow.

2. This one's way better. I kept failing to clear and get into one of those medical facilities that gives you a special injector, because when I got close or made any noise almost a hundred freakers would decend on me from a big train above the place, ant-hill like, like the zombies from World War Z. I did not know about the existence of hordes yet! So I kept workshopping different strategies and failing miserably. Understandable as I only had three skill points, and didn't realize this was just beyond me. Eventually I draw them to a big oil truck, blow it and kill a huge number, and then methodically kite them past flammable barrels until I can kill the last 5 with my melee weapon. 

So just 1 "attractor" device, 5 bullets, 1 broken melee weapon, and a single bandage were all it took to kill 85+ zombies once I had a good strategy, even at a very low level. That's awesome and I felt like a badass once I pulled it off. Especially once the pop-up message came on the screen telling me I just wiped out a whole horde. 

2. This one's way better. I kept failing to clear and get into one of those medical facilities that gives you a special injector, because when I got close or made any noise almost a hundred freakers would decend on me from a big train above the place, ant-hill like, like the zombies from World War Z. I did not know about the existence of hordes yet! So I kept workshopping different strategies and failing miserably. Understandable as I only had three skill points, and didn't realize this was just beyond me. Eventually I draw them to a big oil truck, blow it and kill a huge number, and then methodically kite them past flammable barrels until I can kill the last 5 with my melee weapon. 

So just 1 "attractor" device, 5 bullets, 1 broken melee weapon, and a single bandage were all it took to kill 85+ zombies once I had a good strategy, even at a very low level. That's awesome and I felt like a badass once I pulled it off. Especially once the pop-up message came on the screen telling me I just wiped out a whole horde. 
You are/were exactly where I am. Explain to me how you got that to work. I tried this exact strategy. I pelted that damn truck with rocks (the only "attractor" I have) and they totally ignored it. I couldn't get more than maybe five near it. I spent a half hour trying to draw a few at a time away and kill them off. But it was taking so long to kill them off and using so many resources I finally gave up and just reloaded. Are there other attractors that work better? I don't know that I have EVER had an attractor work. They simply seem to ignore them.

You are/were exactly where I am. Explain to me how you got that to work. I tried this exact strategy. I pelted that damn truck with rocks (the only "attractor" I have) and they totally ignored it. I couldn't get more than maybe five near it. I spent a half hour trying to draw a few at a time away and kill them off. But it was taking so long to kill them off and using so many resources I finally gave up and just reloaded. Are there other attractors that work better? I don't know that I have EVER had an attractor work. They simply seem to ignore them.

Yeah I don't think rocks work in this scenario, they won't hold their attention when you're around. Rocks really only work when you're hiding in bushes. There are better attractors, and I don't know how to craft them yet, I found them on the bodies of people who tried to ambush me. There's one that's electronic and draws them in for 15 seconds or so by buzzing loudly and that's what I used. I chucked it in front of the side of the oil truck facing their train, as I ran by it, and it pretty much pulled every single one off my tail. I ran around it, got a good vantage point, and tried to blow it at the optimal time. Then led them past the flammable barrels/cases until I could handle the rest myself. 

I really don't think it would be possible at lower levels without the electronic attractor, so I'd just go driving around picking fights until you get one, or come back later.

Yeah I don't think rocks work in this scenario, they won't hold their attention when you're around. Rocks really only work when you're hiding in bushes. There are better attractors, and I don't know how to craft them yet, I found them on the bodies of people who tried to ambush me. There's one that's electronic and draws them in for 15 seconds or so by buzzing loudly and that's what I used. I chucked it in front of the side of the oil truck facing their train, as I ran by it, and it pretty much pulled every single one off my tail. I ran around it, got a good vantage point, and tried to blow it at the optimal time. Then led them past the flammable barrels/cases until I could handle the rest myself. 

I really don't think it would be possible at lower levels without the electronic attractor, so I'd just go driving around picking fights until you get one, or come back later.
Excellent, thank you.

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
Broke out my modded Wii and have been playing mixing things up with Mario 3 (NES) and Joe Montana Football (Genesis)

Always loved the first Montana game. Its a perfectly balanced game. Was ahead of its time with the ability to lead passes. This led to some pretty amazing diving catches back in its heyday. 

Something I did not know until a few days ago. Back when the Genesis released they hired another company to make the Montana game but they couldn't come through so Sega asked EA to use their engine. Apparently they made a game so good that the dude running EA at the time was like no way, you gotta scale the game back otherwise you cant use my engine. 

The game is great already, it pains me to know that we didn't all get to experience what it coulda been. 
That Joe Montana game is the first game I have memories of playing as a child. The receivers pop-up in their own window at the top of the screen, right? I've got a Wii, I might have to figure out how to mod it and see if I can install that.  

Users who are viewing this thread