What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (5 Viewers)

I was thinking about getting Jedi fallen but it's still like $50 on the PS Store. Is it worth it at that price or should I wait for it to drop down or maybe go see what Gamestop wants for a Used version of the game? 

DallasDMac said:
Do the main story. Many games, this one included, can really begin to drag if you try to log every side quest. Take a break and advance the story a bit. And I'll tell you right now, you are NOT going to find any weapons worth a crap searching buildings. Weapons come from story missions and, more so, from gaining reputation at camps where they become available for sale.
One hint about weapons. The best melee weapon is in the open world. But it is much later in the game and you will probably find a few of them without looking too hard. At least I did. 

What's the main story playtime on Borderlands 3? I know I am early in the game, just got to Promethea. I'm trying to get in to this one but it seems like a slog, especially when I start getting sucked in to side missions.

Also, man I wish there was LESS stuff. The amount of time I spend sorting  through and trying to decide what weapons to sell which to keep, etc. is just such a time sink. I'd be a whole lot happier with a whole lot less loot to sort through.

Also how good is Days Gone? Is it decently scary, Kind of LOL Zombies, etc? This was a game I thinking about getting but didn't see enough reviews to say yes or no 

Also how good is Days Gone? Is it decently scary, Kind of LOL Zombies, etc? This was a game I thinking about getting but didn't see enough reviews to say yes or no 
I am playing now. Zombies are pretty cool and I came across a swarm which was crazy. It is feeling a little redundant to me but I am really just starting to figure it out. I for sure liked Last of Us better. This one in my opinion is lacking a good story line so far. It is fun killing zombies and blowing stuff up though.

I am playing now. Zombies are pretty cool and I came across a swarm which was crazy. It is feeling a little redundant to me but I am really just starting to figure it out. I for sure liked Last of Us better. This one in my opinion is lacking a good story line so far. It is fun killing zombies and blowing stuff up though.
To be fair, not a whole lot of games out there can hold up against LOU.

What's the main story playtime on Borderlands 3? I know I am early in the game, just got to Promethea. I'm trying to get in to this one but it seems like a slog, especially when I start getting sucked in to side missions.

Also, man I wish there was LESS stuff. The amount of time I spend sorting  through and trying to decide what weapons to sell which to keep, etc. is just such a time sink. I'd be a whole lot happier with a whole lot less loot to sort through.
Twins are evil and kill sirens to steal their powers and rule the world. To be honest the story kind of sucks. The twins are more annoying that scary or entertaining. The side characters are mostly boring and downright obnoxious, and you’ll find that despite doing all the work, the other characters basically treat you like an afterthought.

I honestly wouldn’t worry a ton of sorting through weapons. Find ones you like to use and use them until they don’t kill people easily anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just started Disco Elysium, now that it is available for the Mac.  I have no idea what to expect.  I have tinkered around in the game for about 30 mins.  So far, it's more like a good book than a good game.  

It's a promising beginning.

I just started Disco Elysium, now that it is available for the Mac.  I have no idea what to expect.  I have tinkered around in the game for about 30 mins.  So far, it's more like a good book than a good game.  

It's a promising beginning.
I am really looking forward to this coming out on consoles.  Looks like a cool change of pace.

Days Gone is a good game.  I am still playing it and really enjoying it.  It's more open world than TLOU. 

It is somewhat scary, but not for horror reasons...  more for 'oh ####, where did that mass of zombies come from' reasons.  

I also think the story picks up quite a bit and gets to be pretty good.  There's lots of cinematic moments as well, but I like that type of thing.  

After the patch coming this Wednesday, I'm going to go full tilt grinding to Diamond in Teamfight Tactics. My favorite autobattler by leaps and bounds.

I'm a big Star Wars fan, and trying to work my way through Jedi Fallen Order, and it turns out I just don't find it that entertaining. jump to this cliff, climb these vines, slide down some ice and then mistime your jump so you fly off into the abyss...ugh. even the combat (as a Jedi!) isn't that fun. if it wasn't SW, I probably would have dropped it already. am I doing it wrong?

This is disappointing. I almost picked this up because I keep hearing how the combat is similar to Dark Souls (albeit easier). 

I thought it was great.   I see some of what he's saying but its still the best star wars game out right now

well, let me say that it looks amazing. they really captured the Star Wars vibe, and the environments are beautiful. and blocking blaster bolts with your lightsaber, and sending them back at the shooter is wildly satisfying.

but for me, there are 2 things that don't really hit. first, I guess maybe I'm not a huge fan of jump puzzles. it's a lot of jumping from one ledge to another, swinging on a vine, scaling a wall, etc. I can deal with some of that, but that is literally all that this is, other than the combat. so second, the combat is pretty frustrating. I hear a lot of people compare it to Dark Souls, so if you like that, then maybe you would like this. I've never played DS, but if this is what it's like, I'll pass. the whole experience is about blocking and parrying, and if you don't get it right, a swamp rat or insect can take half of your health in one bite. or maybe a goat knocks you off a cliff. and if you're fighting multiple enemies, the camera is pretty wonky. it's cool to have the lightsaber, but it's just not very satisfying to me.

I may keep playing it to finish out the story, and I know some people really like it, but I think once I finish it I won't ever be tempted to play it again.
All true. This is Tomb Raider with a mild version of Dark Souls’ combat. 

Looks great but I spend too much time platforming. It’s just not very fun so far. I’ll keep at it for a little more.

Any tips on which force upgrades I should go for early to mid game?

Looks great but I spend too much time platforming. It’s just not very fun so far. I’ll keep at it for a little more.
Also, when you finish a level, there is usually no quick way back to your ship.  There may be a shortcut or two, but you still have to navigate backwards through the level using a map that looks cool but isn't really that helpful.  I don't mind that the developers weren't able to make the levels loop back on themselves like From always does, but at least give us fast travel back to the ship in that case.

Any tips on which force upgrades I should go for early to mid game?
I go for the health and force increase first.    Stim pack increases.   Anything that increases defense and force.  Also like the pull and push stuff. The lightsaber throw is a waste.  Ypu will end up with most of it.   Get all the stim packs for the robot

Picked up an Oculus Quest over the weekend and I have to say that I have been blown away.

The VR immersion is truly fantastic and you can easily forget you're playing a video game.  There's a roller coaster game that makes me feel physically almost exactly like riding an actual roller coaster.

Amazing. 

Picked up an Oculus Quest over the weekend and I have to say that I have been blown away.

The VR immersion is truly fantastic and you can easily forget you're playing a video game.  There's a roller coaster game that makes me feel physically almost exactly like riding an actual roller coaster.

Amazing. 
This his likely the next step for me. Just holding out for a little while longer. 

I have every intention of skipping in the next gen system but now my youngest has started playing xbox with her friends so I may need to keep up with her friends. 

This his likely the next step for me. Just holding out for a little while longer. 

I have every intention of skipping in the next gen system but now my youngest has started playing xbox with her friends so I may need to keep up with her friends. 
I've been pretty blah on video games the last few years, but the Quest is a brand new experience.  I also kind of like the fact that since you're moving or standing it's perfect for like hour long gaming periods instead of hours on end.  Every time I put the headset on I'm amazed. 

Really enjoying Last of Us 2, but I'm a huge baby when it comes to jump scares in games. The levels "The Descent" and "Ground Zero" might have given me ulcers. "Ground Zero" especially just filled me with dread. I never use game guides unless I'm totally stumped or there's a boss I can't beat, but I'm a middle-aged man who is trying to avoid cardiac arrest, so I pulled up the walkthrough on the "Ground Zero" level to avoid any surprises. :bag:

Also recently finished last of us 2. Great game.   Tried upping the difficulty and its damn near impossible.    No resources or ammo.   Enemies cannot be snuck up on.   Its crazy.  The custom difficulty option is  really nice though.

Also recently finished last of us 2. Great game.   Tried upping the difficulty and its damn near impossible.    No resources or ammo.   Enemies cannot be snuck up on.   Its crazy.  The custom difficulty option is  really nice though.
First time thru I played on Hard. There was only one part with dogs that took me a lot of tries.

First time thru I played on Hard. There was only one part with dogs that took me a lot of tries.
I tried new game plus with the next one harder than hard.   Got to ellie day 2 and had to back out and mess with the difficulty settings.   Usually I can manage but this was impossible 

phandango said:
Really enjoying Last of Us 2, but I'm a huge baby when it comes to jump scares in games. The levels "The Descent" and "Ground Zero" might have given me ulcers. "Ground Zero" especially just filled me with dread. I never use game guides unless I'm totally stumped or there's a boss I can't beat, but I'm a middle-aged man who is trying to avoid cardiac arrest, so I pulled up the walkthrough on the "Ground Zero" level to avoid any surprises. :bag:
Exact same experience here. I chickened out and watched a YouTube video of the Ground Zero section and then played it myself. Really well done horror though. 

Man, been going crazy playing Dr Mario that last few days.  Didn't play it when it came out but now I'm addicted.  So perfect that our pharmacutical addicted culture has a Tetris like game using pills to remove viruses.  And I discovered it during a pandemic.....

Man, been going crazy playing Dr Mario that last few days.  Didn't play it when it came out but now I'm addicted.  So perfect that our pharmacutical addicted culture has a Tetris like game using pills to remove viruses.  And I discovered it during a pandemic.....

I still have my Wii for Dr Mario, I wish they would release it for Switch.

I have been playing the game for years and still play it every other month.

I still have my Wii for Dr Mario, I wish they would release it for Switch.

I have been playing the game for years and still play it every other month.
I actually play it on the switch with the online membership for NES games.  

Online service has among others:

Super Mario 1-3
Donkey Kong, DK Jr and DK 3
Excitebike
Ninja Gaiden
Legend of Zelda and Link games
Dr Mario

I actually play it on the switch with the online membership for NES games.  

Online service has among others:

Super Mario 1-3
Donkey Kong, DK Jr and DK 3
Excitebike
Ninja Gaiden
Legend of Zelda and Link games
Dr Mario

I would buy the game, however I do not want to pay a subscription service since this is a game I have played consistently for 7 years. That would be 140 dollars for this one game.

The wii version also has updated interface and graphics. I do not think i would want to go back to the nes version.

They should do a remastered version on the switch and sell it like they do other games and not a subscription. This i would purchase.

My wii is modded and I have all the nes, snes, n64, and wii games ever made loaded onto it, although I never play them anymore. It is solely used for Dr. Mario.

I would buy the game, however I do not want to pay a subscription service since this is a game I have played consistently for 7 years. That would be 140 dollars for this one game.

The wii version also has updated interface and graphics. I do not think i would want to go back to the nes version.

They should do a remastered version on the switch and sell it like they do other games and not a subscription. This i would purchase.

My wii is modded and I have all the nes, snes, n64, and wii games ever made loaded onto it, although I never play them anymore. It is solely used for Dr. Mario.
Sounds like you got it handled.  I love the online access.  I think its $19/year.  I do have my NES and it works mostly.  But its not always plugged in so this is easier access to a lot of games I don't have.

I tried new game plus with the next one harder than hard.   Got to ellie day 2 and had to back out and mess with the difficulty settings.   Usually I can manage but this was impossible 
Hillcrest?  I made it through after about ten tries with a mix between stealth and running like hell.  I think there is only one point where you need to stand and fight towards the end.  Really tense and awesome sequence.  I think hard is the right level so far, you still get plenty of resources if you explore but when you have to stand and fight, it's tense and brutal.

Hillcrest?  I made it through after about ten tries with a mix between stealth and running like hell.  I think there is only one point where you need to stand and fight towards the end.  Really tense and awesome sequence.  I think hard is the right level so far, you still get plenty of resources if you explore but when you have to stand and fight, it's tense and brutal.
I was playing on survivor plus

I’m starting GTA5 (7 years late, I know). Have never played any of the GTA games. Any tips or tricks? Already got a lap dance!🤪
You're in for a great experience -- GTA5 is/was a fantastic game.  Far better than GTA4.

I mentioned earlier that I jumped back into GTA online a couple of months ago, and I'm still finding it a lot of fun.  I spend about 99% of my online time just grinding away for money, following a little cycle of Robbery In Progress, Sightseer, Diamond Shopping, vehicle source/sale, rinse/repeat.  Throw in the the occasional bunker sale and nightclub sale and I estimate that I can make about $350K per hour.  It's getting a little stale now that I've purchased literally everything I could possibly need for business-related activities, and I think I'll probably try doing some other stuff once I build up a nest egg. 

I just fired up Persona 5 this week and only put in 2 hours so far. Aahh, just like old times.
I just started playing this game, I have never played a persona game and I am trying to play some of the popular franchises that I have never played before.

I am a few hours into it and it seems like a manga turned into a game.

You're in for a great experience -- GTA5 is/was a fantastic game.  Far better than GTA4.

I mentioned earlier that I jumped back into GTA online a couple of months ago, and I'm still finding it a lot of fun.  I spend about 99% of my online time just grinding away for money, following a little cycle of Robbery In Progress, Sightseer, Diamond Shopping, vehicle source/sale, rinse/repeat.  Throw in the the occasional bunker sale and nightclub sale and I estimate that I can make about $350K per hour.  It's getting a little stale now that I've purchased literally everything I could possibly need for business-related activities, and I think I'll probably try doing some other stuff once I build up a nest egg. 
Nice. I really just want to play the main story line- stick to the missions? 

IvanKaramazov said:

i liked gta4

MTskibum said:
I just started playing this game, I have never played a persona game and I am trying to play some of the popular franchises that I have never played before.

I am a few hours into it and it seems like a manga turned into a game.
Indeed. P5's art style is even more manga-ized than previous iterations. The calendar system and social relationships remain the same (which I love because no other game that I know of does this). I still haven't finished P5, I think I still have about 25% left.

Indeed. P5's art style is even more manga-ized than previous iterations. The calendar system and social relationships remain the same (which I love because no other game that I know of does this). I still haven't finished P5, I think I still have about 25% left.
Fire emblem - Three Houses has a social system and a calendar, but besides the heavy Japanese influence the games are not very similar outside of that.

I am trying to avoid spoilers, but when running through the palaces is there ever loot that I need to search for? Do I have to inspect the barrels/crates, etc?

Users who are viewing this thread