What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (6 Viewers)

Played Sniper Ghost Warrior Series. This series is a great for anyone who loves sniping. Upgrading the sniper rifle and adjusting the scope for range, wind etc is a lot of fun too. Finished Ghost Warrior 3 but playing the DLC 2 stories now. Ones a pro log to the main character's partner which gives the backstory to events you find out about while progressing in the story and another without any spoilers goes in depth and give you an advantage from the bad guy side as the protagonist is very important. 

Gonna play Contracts the next game in this after. I suggest the series for anyone into the whole sniping and stealth stuff. Most in-depth to a game that is purely about sniping I've ever gotten into. Wish I found the series when it first started. 3 is more open world too similar to Ghost Recond Breaking Point and WIldlands though. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished the story in GOW. Thought I'd do some clean up on side quests and stuff. After about an hour and nearly impaling my TV with the controller, I have decided Sigrun will remain firmly in control of Midgard. Sorry Midgardians, you're on your own. Sucks to be you.
I had to lower it to easy to beat her.

Finished the story in GOW. Thought I'd do some clean up on side quests and stuff. After about an hour and nearly impaling my TV with the controller, I have decided Sigrun will remain firmly in control of Midgard. Sorry Midgardians, you're on your own. Sucks to be you.
Try it on God mode bro

Nope, to many games in the queue to waste any more time on a post-story fight. Simply time to move on.
Sounds like my brother texting me for my b-day the other day. He gives all these random facts and birthdays and deaths and I'm like you are forgetting someone. Around 10:30 that night he's like We don't have time to waste anymore. After all it is your birthday 

Any old time gamers know of RPG games similar to old school games like AD&D's Secret of the Silver Blades, or Curse of the Azure Bonds, or even similar to the Ultima series? Looking for a  turn based game, D&D style adventure. I don't particularly care for first person POV or real time slasher games where you just button mash.  Or, in lieu of new games, anywhere I can play those old games.

I apologize if this was already discussed, I only got through the first 612 pages before I got tired of reading... 😉😉  Thanks in advance.

Any old time gamers know of RPG games similar to old school games like AD&D's Secret of the Silver Blades, or Curse of the Azure Bonds, or even similar to the Ultima series? Looking for a  turn based game, D&D style adventure. I don't particularly care for first person POV or real time slasher games where you just button mash.  Or, in lieu of new games, anywhere I can play those old games.

I apologize if this was already discussed, I only got through the first 612 pages before I got tired of reading... 😉😉  Thanks in advance.
My favorite RPG of all time. There has and will never be a game that even approaches the depth this game has. I play on what I consider the best free server there is. 

uorenaissance

Im not a big Turn based guy with the exception of Mordheim: City of the Damned

Pretty sure the Might & Magic series falls under your asks. Bothe old school and turn based. 

A AD&D game I really liked was AD&D: Warriors of the Eternal Sun.

The Gold Box series is what truly hooked me on computer gaming back in the day. Pool or Radiance onward. I think I still have all those in a box somewhere.

The Gold Box series is what truly hooked me on computer gaming back in the day. Pool or Radiance onward. I think I still have all those in a box somewhere.
Those were all games I drooled over but didn’t have the PC to run during that era. We were stuck with my friends fathers 486. These were the MS-Dos days and his father’s computer was always so full memory wise that we would have to delete files to make room. One time I wrote the command “del”. We watched in horror as the cpu began deleting everything on the C drive. 

:lmao:  We hit the circuit breaker and tried blaming it on a storm. He did not buy it. We didn’t have a computer for another 5-8 years. 

The below 3 games are all based on dnd 2nd edition rules:

Baldurs gate

Icewind Dale

Planescape: Torment 

The below games are turn-based but not dnd.

Dragon age 1

Divinity original sin

Tyranny is imperfect but I’d recommend it. The Divinity Original Sin games. I just bought Torment: Tides of Numenera for $10 on sale on Steam- haven’t played it yet but it’s reviewed well. There’s a new Baldurs Gate coming out soon. 

Started Borderlands 3 this weekend. After the past few games where I really enjoyed the stories (Days Gone, GOW, etc.), BL3 just seems so "meh." Shoot bad guy. Collect loot. LOTS of loot. Try to sort thru loot to see if it is better than current loot. Move on to next bad guy. Repeat. Just not doing it for me. Think I need to save that one for when I am in the mood for simple violence.

Started Borderlands 3 this weekend. After the past few games where I really enjoyed the stories (Days Gone, GOW, etc.), BL3 just seems so "meh." Shoot bad guy. Collect loot. LOTS of loot. Try to sort thru loot to see if it is better than current loot. Move on to next bad guy. Repeat. Just not doing it for me. Think I need to save that one for when I am in the mood for simple violence.
Yeah. The story and BL2 were fantastic. They got rid of the guy in charge of that and the story and characters for BL3 are pretty lackluster. The game is definitely strictly a looter shooter aimed mostly at guys who enjoy grinding the endgame.

Yeah. The story and BL2 were fantastic. They got rid of the guy in charge of that and the story and characters for BL3 are pretty lackluster. The game is definitely strictly a looter shooter aimed mostly at guys who enjoy grinding the endgame.
And for co-op probably? Which I don't do. It was an impulse buy at Christmas and I didn't spend much on it, so not a huge loss if I never really get back to it.

Still cranking on with Days Gone.  Just finished the big mission(s) at Iron Mike's camp.  

The boss fight on PCP with only a knife was 'interesting' but actually not that hard.

Borderlands 3 was fun, but I didn't have the motivation to go back and play it over again as much as I did Bl2. And I haven't really been all that motivated to play the DLC either.

Good game, glad I bought it and played through it a couple of times. But not a classic. The story and characters definitely were not nearly as good.  I played as Moze, and even though I was able to put together a pretty insane high-damage build,  it just wasn't as fun to play as the previous game.  Handsome Jack was just a much more interesting antagonist than those stupid twins.  I also enjoyed the enemy designs on Bl2 more.

About halfway through last of us 2.  amazing.  easily the best thing I have played so far this year

About halfway through last of us 2.  amazing.  easily the best thing I have played so far this year
Yeah, I'm probably nearing the halfway point. Really enjoying it, but, man, it really gets my adrenaline up. I prefer stealth and sneaking around versus guns blazing, and I pretty much assume there's infected behind every closed door, so I'm constantly crouching and going slow and waiting for something to jump out at me. It's very stressful. I simultaneous want to play forever but also want it to be over with.

I'm middle-aged and have almost no recollection of playing the first Last of Us, so maybe the sequel is the same, but I love the save system. When you're taking out enemies, it basically autosaves every couple minutes, which means I can experiment with different strategies and, if one doesn't work, I can reload and go back 1 minute and try something else. The best is when you're in an area with human enemies and infected, and you throw a bottle or brick just right so that the infected go after the humans and they take each other out. So satisfying. 

Yeah, I'm probably nearing the halfway point. Really enjoying it, but, man, it really gets my adrenaline up. I prefer stealth and sneaking around versus guns blazing, and I pretty much assume there's infected behind every closed door, so I'm constantly crouching and going slow and waiting for something to jump out at me. It's very stressful. I simultaneous want to play forever but also want it to be over with.

I'm middle-aged and have almost no recollection of playing the first Last of Us, so maybe the sequel is the same, but I love the save system. When you're taking out enemies, it basically autosaves every couple minutes, which means I can experiment with different strategies and, if one doesn't work, I can reload and go back 1 minute and try something else. The best is when you're in an area with human enemies and infected, and you throw a bottle or brick just right so that the infected go after the humans and they take each other out. So satisfying. 
yes getting them to fight each other is always the way to go.   I am still able to stealth kill alot of enemies.  I also enjoy throwing the moltovs on anything

I've been enjoying it until after Day 3 plot shift. I get what they're trying to do but from a video game perspective not crazy about it.
I like it. I’m guessing it’s a way to build to an ending like the first game where you can see both sides and it’s hard to say what the right thing to do is.

I like it. I’m guessing it’s a way to build to an ending like the first game where you can see both sides and it’s hard to say what the right thing to do is.

I just didn't like building up Elle and now I have to build up Abby [/spolier]

Is either Days Gone or Last of Us on PC?

A quick google from my phone is kind of confusing me.
I think you can get TLOU on your PC through the Sony PS Now service.  It's a Stadia competitor (afaik) in that it streams to your PC using a subscription model.  

I caved recently and subscribed to play Bloodborne and TLOU.  the PS Now app is janky, at best, during signing in, sometimes stalls, and the streamed quality can vary depending on whatever affects bandwidth.  But am I playing Bloodborne?  Yup.  Haven't tried TLOU yet.  Days Gone does not appear to be on the roster.  

Hopefully this isn't spoiler-y. In The Last of Us 2, there are flashbacks. I was like, "Phew! I can't die in a flashback because then future Ellie wouldn't exist and the game would collapse on itself, forming a singularity." Apparently I'm wrong! Now there's a black hole in our playroom.

Downloaded Far Cry 3, 4 &5.

About to 100% Far Cry 3. Fun game, but it gets to be a grind with all the little side quests, relics and loot boxes trying to clear everything off the map. 

Downloaded Far Cry 3, 4 &5.

About to 100% Far Cry 3. Fun game, but it gets to be a grind with all the little side quests, relics and loot boxes trying to clear everything off the map. 
I loved 3 but 4 got super weird and I never finished it. Curious to hear your thoughts as you go from 3-5. 

Days Gone by is starting to drag a little for me. I feel like I am doing to much searching of buildings and burning nests. I am at a part now where I am finding LOTS of gas cans but can not figure out why. Is it really necessary to search everything? I am afraid I will miss a good gun or something but I am really tired of just searching. 

Why are there so many gas cans? I am in the little town where you cross a river to get into it. There is a large Paul Bunyon type statue there. There is a locked church, hotel, cabins, gas station. 

Days Gone by is starting to drag a little for me. I feel like I am doing to much searching of buildings and burning nests. I am at a part now where I am finding LOTS of gas cans but can not figure out why. Is it really necessary to search everything? I am afraid I will miss a good gun or something but I am really tired of just searching. 

Why are there so many gas cans? I am in the little town where you cross a river to get into it. There is a large Paul Bunyon type statue there. There is a locked church, hotel, cabins, gas station. 
Do the main story. Many games, this one included, can really begin to drag if you try to log every side quest. Take a break and advance the story a bit. And I'll tell you right now, you are NOT going to find any weapons worth a crap searching buildings. Weapons come from story missions and, more so, from gaining reputation at camps where they become available for sale.

I stumbled back into GTA online after hardly touching it when the game first came out.  This is a darn fun game after all the expansions and updates.  It's taken a bit of grinding to get to this point, but money is really no problem now that I'm past some of the paywalls.

The gas cans are helpful when you want to get from one side of the map to another, especially before upgrading your gas tank. Trying to get your bike somewhere when you’re out of gas is a huge pain. There aren’t that many gas stations around. You won’t notice it as much near the beginning when you’re only dealing with part of the map, but it will be more apparent as the map expands.

Do the main story. Many games, this one included, can really begin to drag if you try to log every side quest. Take a break and advance the story a bit. And I'll tell you right now, you are NOT going to find any weapons worth a crap searching buildings. Weapons come from story missions and, more so, from gaining reputation at camps where they become available for sale.
I thought this was the main story? How can I tell if I am doing main story or side quest?

prosopis said:
I thought this was the main story? How can I tell if I am doing main story or side quest?
I was basing my comment on this: " I feel like I am doing to much searching of buildings and burning nests. " It sounded as if you were off exploring and not following the mission path. My bad if I misunderstood.

I was basing my comment on this: " I feel like I am doing to much searching of buildings and burning nests. " It sounded as if you were off exploring and not following the mission path. My bad if I misunderstood.
I am riding the motorcycle to a destination but as I go I am told to stop and burn these nests. Should I just blow past those to get to my destination?

Users who are viewing this thread