What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (12 Viewers)

There hasn't been a lot new I've wanted to play until recently, now it's exploding.  

Been playing Mario 3D All-stars and Avengers.  Beat the main story on Avengers.  

I'm REALLY excited for Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Spiderman Miles Morales.

Can I ask why on this one? Have you been playing all the ACs? Is this going to be the same as the ones before or is it different?

They've gotten really boring to me and I've not even really played them recently. 

I’m smarmy? You’re the one talking down to people because they had the audacity to choose a video game system you don’t like. 
:oldunsure:  Cappy, you’re smarmy in 90% of your posts. Are you not aware of this? It’s your FBG identity. 

I wasn’t talking down to anyone. I did crap on Sony and made the statement that I don’t see why anyone would want to buy a PS5. 

:oldunsure:  Cappy, you’re smarmy in 90% of your posts. Are you not aware of this? It’s your FBG identity. 

I wasn’t talking down to anyone. I did crap on Sony and made the statement that I don’t see why anyone would want to buy a PS5. 

Yes, smarmy is my shtick. I wasn’t being smarmy here though, I honestly don’t understand why anybody cares about who buys a Sony or an Xbox. If it’s bc you want to play with your buddies, that I get but that seems to be about it. 

Can I ask why on this one? Have you been playing all the ACs? Is this going to be the same as the ones before or is it different?

They've gotten really boring to me and I've not even really played them recently. 
What’s the last one you played?

I thought 1 was repetitive and 3 was better but still so/so.

With Origins the series transitioned to an open world RPG with some stealth elements.  But they did a fantastic job of creating a massive realistic Egyptian map with pyramids and tombs to explore.  The fighting system was much better than prior games.  They mixed in Gods and Pharoh’s for flavor.

Odyssey took that an amped it up.  The fighting system was better, smooth.  The “skills” you purchase to upgrade are much cooler and more satisfying.  And you had a  massive realistic Greek map, tons of Greek mythology.  If you enjoy Clash of the Titans/Greek mythology, it’s a blast.

Odyssey was the most fun I’ve had on a game.  I would compare it to the Witcher 3, but newer and revamped.  Not so much magic, but you get the idea

If you don’t like that style game, then Valhalla won’t be for you.  But if you do, I’m eager to see what they’ve done with the combat and excited for the Viking/Norse adventuee.

With Origins the series transitioned to an open world RPG with some stealth elements.  But they did a fantastic job of creating a massive realistic Egyptian map with pyramids and tombs to explore.  The fighting system was much better than prior games.  They mixed in Gods and Pharoh’s for flavor.

Odyssey took that an amped it up.  The fighting system was better, smooth.  The “skills” you purchase to upgrade are much cooler and more satisfying.  And you had a  massive realistic Greek map, tons of Greek mythology.  If you enjoy Clash of the Titans/Greek mythology, it’s a blast.

Odyssey was the most fun I’ve had on a game.  I would compare it to the Witcher 3, but newer and revamped.  Not so much magic, but you get the idea

If you don’t like that style game, then Valhalla won’t be for you.  But if you do, I’m eager to see what they’ve done with the combat and excited for the Viking/Norse adventuee.

I played the Egyptian one and the British one where you could be the man or woman. Not sure which one was later.

I think my biggest complaint is that the games turned into pure fighting games. That doesn't interest me - I prefer the puzzles, the climbing, etc.

I played the Egyptian one and the British one where you could be the man or woman. Not sure which one was later.

I think my biggest complaint is that the games turned into pure fighting games. That doesn't interest me - I prefer the puzzles, the climbing, etc.
It's pretty much fighting. There are some puzzles. As far as climbing you can climb anything and jump down without dying, one on the many things I liked. Sailing and sea battles were fun, at least for me. Overall one of the funniest games I have played.

@Moe. how goes your escape from the Underworld?

I've got most of the weapons learned now. My fastest clear is 17 minutes.
I’m so bad at video games... 

I’m stuck on the bone hydra, the final room in Asphodel. I think I’m on 26 or 27 total attempts. 

i can’t figure out the bow and arrow, coronacht. I haven’t cleared Tartarus with it yet. The spear and the fists of fury are my two favorites. My biggest mistake was not focusing on darkness and night mirror upgrades right from the jump.

This is definitely the most fun I’ve had playing a video game in years. Everything about it is pretty much perfect. You called out the voice acting - it’s so so good. Dionysus and Hermes are my favorites.  

It's pretty much fighting. There are some puzzles. As far as climbing you can climb anything and jump down without dying, one on the many things I liked. Sailing and sea battles were fun, at least for me. Overall one of the funniest games I have played.
I had 220 hours on Odyssey, and there's still a few side missions and locations i never completed.  

After I got kind of to the "what's really left to do" point, I started on Origins.  I didn't give Origins a chance when it came out because of my meh experience with 1.  Origins is also a blast, but it's hard going backwards.  Origins combat was so much smoother.  The animation is so much improved.  The "your choices affect the outcome" scenarios weren't there in Origins.  Origins is a helluva game, but going backwards made me appreciate it less--because it wasn't Odyssey.  

Anyways, really stoked for Valhalla.  Seems like they've got some really cool DLC planned.  The last two games have done a great job of giving that historical/realistic geographical experience.  I'm excited to see that for the Viking era.

I have no idea why people are even interested in the PS5. Xbox already has the superior online service and now they have a far superior machine and it’s not even close. 

Sony is still the master of lies and propaganda. Lol at their computer sims, advertising multi platform games as if they’re exclusive and fake screenshots have been their method of success for a decade. 
Phenomenal exclusives.  

I consider myself Team XBOX.  If the game is on both systems, I've gone with the XBOX version.  

God of War won GOTY.  Spiderman was a home run.  

I've yet to play Last of Us or Uncharted, but people love those.  

And, Sure, there's an argument that "is it worth getting the PS5 for 2 games ?"  But if you're choosing between the two--I can see people getting the PS5 to be able to play Spiderman and God of War Ragnarok over Halo.  

I had 220 hours on Odyssey, and there's still a few side missions and locations i never completed.  
That’s nuts. I’m like 80 hours in and while I loved the game, I’m finishing out the main DLC pack out of a sense of obligation more than anything at this point. It’s definitely a game you could play forever though. 

That’s nuts. I’m like 80 hours in and while I loved the game, I’m finishing out the main DLC pack out of a sense of obligation more than anything at this point. It’s definitely a game you could play forever though. 
Assuming you mean the battle for Atlantis as the last DLC?  I was the same on that.  The 1st and 3rd episodes were tedious and not really fun.  The middle part where you go to Hades is pretty sweet.  But it was more of a "I already paid the $$ for it, so may as well push through"

I’m so bad at video games... 

I’m stuck on the bone hydra, the final room in Asphodel. I think I’m on 26 or 27 total attempts. 

i can’t figure out the bow and arrow, coronacht. I haven’t cleared Tartarus with it yet. The spear and the fists of fury are my two favorites. My biggest mistake was not focusing on darkness and night mirror upgrades right from the jump.

This is definitely the most fun I’ve had playing a video game in years. Everything about it is pretty much perfect. You called out the voice acting - it’s so so good. Dionysus and Hermes are my favorites.  
You'll get there, keep grinding. My first clear wasn't until like run 35.

I'd suggest maxing your Death Defiance to 3 ASAP and taking it pretty slow. I think Fists are the easiest to get a clear with if you learn the timings of when to run away from AOE attacks.

I’m on team ps5 because my PlayStation systems have been MUCH more reliable than the Xbox systems I’ve owned. I think I went through three 360s. 

Have one pre-ordered from Walmart with the new Spider-Man to go with it

Finished Divinity: Original Sin last night. Good game. Gameplay held up really well for it being 6 or so years old. Only complaint s would be maybe the game went too far with the no handholding. There were a few times I had to go to the internet to figure out what to do next. Also the crafting system wasn't explained too well for me. But overall really enjoyed it. I'll need to try the second one soon.

Before that, however, I jumped right into Outer Worlds. Just an hour or so in so no opinions yet.

CR69 said:
I’m on team ps5 because my PlayStation systems have been MUCH more reliable than the Xbox systems I’ve owned. I think I went through three 360s. 

Just anecdotal but...

Original Xbox and XboX 360 were pretty bad reliability wise.  I have had zero problems with the XboxOne.  I have a close to launch model, and two more.  All three work fine.  Never had a problem with Playstations, but my PS4 sounds like an airplane getting ready for takeoff.

Just got a call from the local Best Buy. I can schedule an appointment on the 10th from 6 to 9 am to pick up my new Xbox!

Wow, that's nice of Best Buy.  Doling those things out before they even open. 

Just anecdotal but...

Original Xbox and XboX 360 were pretty bad reliability wise.  I have had zero problems with the XboxOne.  I have a close to launch model, and two more.  All three work fine.  Never had a problem with Playstations, but my PS4 sounds like an airplane getting ready for takeoff.
I never had an original xbox, but definitely went through a few 360's (red ring of death!)

I've had two XB1, replacing my original (that still worked fine) with the upgraded version about 2 years ago. XB1 was a big improvement in reliability.

Anybody using PS Now have problem with the Touchpad not working?

I just started Days Gone on my PC using PSN and the touchpad doesn't work. Also I can play across all three of my monitors. 

I only got one RROD on my 360 and it was really late in the life cycle so I lucked out. My original Xbox and Xbox1 have been tanks though, as has my PS3 that is still going strong. Heck, I still have a GameCube but only use it sparingly now. Eternal Darkness baby!

PS has been kicking butt on exclusives especially the last few years, that’s the big draw IMO. I like everything better with the Xbox: interface, Game Pass is a huge value as I used the trick/deal last year to get 3 years basically free, it’s the console my friends play (when we do, we’re a bunch of old farts now) but I will finally upgrade my PS once prices/availability make it worth it.

Just anecdotal but...

Have you cleaned the dust out of your ps4? That did wonders for mine. 

Where in the holy hell, can I find an Xbox X? Presell..etc? 

Help me FBG nation. I have 2 kids, bought a bunch of games and accessories. And. I am getting pissed.

Tried every retailer. In person and online. 

Help me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where in the holy hell, can I find an Xbox X? Presell..etc? 

Help me FBG nation. I have 2 kids, bought a bunch of games and accessories. And. I am getting pissed.

Tried every retailer. In person and online. 

Help me.
As a last resort there is always eBay but be prepared to pay a large markup

So it seems that for the PS5 at launch, you can’t play PS5 games off of an external hard drive, let alone even STORE them there. This seems like an odd choice.

Im glad I moved to Xbox/Nintendo last gen. The PS3 trash/unusable WiFi killed me that gen, and I knew they cut corners and just weren’t on par with Nintendo and Microsoft.

I liked Odyssey but the Map was way too big for me. It took a lot of time to travel to new places that you didn't have the fast travel for yet. I felt like I spent more time on a ship traveling to places I needed to be instead of actual missions 

I liked Odyssey but the Map was way too big for me. It took a lot of time to travel to new places that you didn't have the fast travel for yet. I felt like I spent more time on a ship traveling to places I needed to be instead of actual missions 
Easily the worst/most tedious part.  I think they wanted to make it "realistic" when you had actually take these long @$$ boat trips back in ancient times.  And It was fun doing ship fights.  But it definitely wore me out.

I'm Team PlayStation because after my SEGA my parents bought me my PS system the small grey original. Have had ever PS system since. Also many of the games I love are the exclusives. HALO never excite me despite numerous people in HS played it but I never felt it was worth it for me. My Brothers had an XBOX so I got to play a few times. Heck I beat COD MW on XBOX before buying it myself. Most of my friends now are Playstation guys as many of the guys who played Halo got bored and went to the PlayStation. Those left who play games are all PS guys including two of my buddies. One is getting PS5 when it comes out while my buddy and I are waiting for Spring/Summer next year 

I never had an original xbox, but definitely went through a few 360's (red ring of death!)

I've had two XB1, replacing my original (that still worked fine) with the upgraded version about 2 years ago. XB1 was a big improvement in reliability.
My Brothers XB1 got the Red Ring of Death but he had that thing a good while too. 

Easily the worst/most tedious part.  I think they wanted to make it "realistic" when you had actually take these long @$$ boat trips back in ancient times.  And It was fun doing ship fights.  But it definitely wore me out.
I never finished the game because of it to tell you the truth. 

I just started it today. First AC game ever for me. But as an Uncharted, Far Cry, GOW guy, I figured it would seem pretty familiar.  And really, it has early on. Maybe moreso than I'd like.

Fall Guys has replaced Rocket League as my little 10 mins to spare time waster game.

As far as a full game, just started up DOOM 2016. Not generally my type of game, which is why I tried it. But really enjoying the fast paced run-n-gun gameplay. A true shoot first, ask later kind of game.

Well you have to take the case off but it's not too bad. This is the video I used for reference - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1-2sWplUY5U
Yeah, it’s not too difficult. It helped mine a touch, but ultimately my PS4 is old and I’m fairly certain the thermal paste dried out on mine (something that apparently is known to happen). If I don’t keep a fan on it, it will start to overheat, my audio/chat will start to stutter and eventually the gameplay will start stuttering a bunch and make it unplayable. So now I have a box fan blowing on my PS4 when I’m playing it to help it limp along until I get a PS5. 

I really can’t complain though. I got mine about 6 months after the PS4 came out. It’s had a pretty good run.

Yeah, it’s not too difficult. It helped mine a touch, but ultimately my PS4 is old and I’m fairly certain the thermal paste dried out on mine (something that apparently is known to happen). If I don’t keep a fan on it, it will start to overheat, my audio/chat will start to stutter and eventually the gameplay will start stuttering a bunch and make it unplayable. So now I have a box fan blowing on my PS4 when I’m playing it to help it limp along until I get a PS5. 

I really can’t complain though. I got mine about 6 months after the PS4 came out. It’s had a pretty good run.
That can be fixed as well if you're planning on keeping it.

Ours will go in our daughter's room but just cleaning it was enough to quiet it down. I'm on the fence about buying an SSD for it or just putting that money towards a ps5 for her sometime next year. 

Replaying Bloodborne, only this time as an arcane build, which I never even seriously considered before.  This is a really fun build.  You're incentivized to play the game slightly out of what I think of as the normal order, and the chalice dungeons become way more useful than with other builds.  It takes a while to get going, but this build trivializes some bosses that were hard as hell the first time through as a normal melee character.  Highly recommended if you know the game well already and you're looking for a good gameplay variation.

• Smile
Reactions: jwb
Are the AC games still all linked story wise to the point where you can’t really jump in now and understand the story without playing the originals? I seem to remember this was the case with early games in the series. 

Users who are viewing this thread