What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (18 Viewers)

Just got an email that Xbox Game Pass Ultimate includes EAGames for FREE, no additional charge which I believe was the original news. I don’t follow this stuff as closely anymore so maybe it’s not news to others.

Yeah, I'm not sure how great the console version is going to be out of the gate.  The IGN review I read was strictly based off PC play, but since I'll be playing on a PC that made it relevant for me.

Cyberpunk 2077 will initially be released for PS4, Xbox One and PC. It will be playable on PS5 and Xbox Series X/S via backwards compatibility, with a “proper, full-blown next-gen version” planned for release next year.

Wait, this game isn’t a “next gen” game???? Hard pass. I’ll wait for the full experience after the upgrade to the new systems and al the bugs are worked out. 

Wait, this game isn’t a “next gen” game???? Hard pass. I’ll wait for the full experience after the upgrade to the new systems and al the bugs are worked out. 
Right.  CDPR hopes to have it out in Q2, but I'm betting it will be a while.  I mean you will get a free upgrade to the next gen, but yeah...  it's going to be a while...

I just know my current PS4 would have struggled mightily no matter what.  It sounds like a jet engine now for most games.  

Right.  CDPR hopes to have it out in Q2, but I'm betting it will be a while.  I mean you will get a free upgrade to the next gen, but yeah...  it's going to be a while...

I just know my current PS4 would have struggled mightily no matter what.  It sounds like a jet engine now for most games.  
Slightly different situation, but I remember facing a similar issue with GTA5.  That game was okay on PS360, but it was so much better on the new consoles just a few months later that I wished I had just waited and experienced it fresh on better hardware.  Given than I can't get a PS5 anyway and we know that probably several patches are in queue, it just seems better to hold off.  

Also that would be a chance to pick up the game around the time some DLC comes out.  I usually miss out on DLC because I'm done with the game and don't feel like returning to it.

Yeah Witcher with guns is fine.  I just hope they fix Witcher's janky as hell controls.  

Some people are bound to be disappointed though. The fanboyism is off the charts on this game.   When someone posted a criticism that the game does not properly handle epileptic seizure inducing scenes, a bunch of fanboys flooded that person's account with seizure inducing youtube videos. Because how dare they criticize something about the game.  People are terrible.  

Yeah Witcher with guns is fine.  I just hope they fix Witcher's janky as hell controls.  

Some people are bound to be disappointed though. The fanboyism is off the charts on this game.   When someone posted a criticism that the game does not properly handle epileptic seizure inducing scenes, a bunch of fanboys flooded that person's account with seizure inducing youtube videos. Because how dare they criticize something about the game.  People are terrible.  
Yeah, gamers represent a significant number of online eh-holes unfortunately.

I'm not sure I have the updated PC hardware I want to play CP2077, but i'm tempted to buy it now at full price just to support CDPR as they seem to be one of the few companies fully committed to single player AAA games, and that's something I want to support.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Smile
Reactions: jwb
Slightly different situation, but I remember facing a similar issue with GTA5.  That game was okay on PS360, but it was so much better on the new consoles just a few months later that I wished I had just waited and experienced it fresh on better hardware.  Given than I can't get a PS5 anyway and we know that probably several patches are in queue, it just seems better to hold off.  

Also that would be a chance to pick up the game around the time some DLC comes out.  I usually miss out on DLC because I'm done with the game and don't feel like returning to it.

This x 1000. I LOVED GTA5 but I dont like going back to games I already beat (unless it has some form of NG+ benefits)

I won't care about playing a PS4 game on PS5... I'm already doing it. Your save will transfer.  I am waiting until Christmas at the earliest though. I pre-ordered for 40 and it will be a Christmas present

Not my kinda game, but I certainly hope Cyberpunk is good for those that are into that sort of thing. They've certainly hyped it up enough.....

"Just" Witcher with guns?  As if that's bad somehow?
I don't see how it could be. Witcher was third person - isn't 2077 first?

If you can be a sneaky/hacker type, I like that kind of game. Deus Ex, the old Thief games, Dishonored... I'll read a few reviews and look at gameplay on the XB1, but if favorable, I'll probably get it sooner rather than later.

I'm finally getting going on Assassin's Creed Valhalla.  A bit slow starting.  

So far, I'd say I liked Odyssey better.  

I recently picked up Crash Bandicoot 4 also.  If you liked that series, it's really cool (IMO).

Sounds like Cyberpunk is a total mess on last gen consoles, though it appears to be fine on the new consoles (link).  After some wavering, I'm feeling good about the decision to wait until they get everything patched up.

Good, not great for me. The story is lacking in keeping you engaged - I've been quest-less for awhile now, and it feels like all there is for me to do is hunt down order people, the "Viking for Hire" go-kill-that-guy missions, and other large "gather all the artifacts" or whatnot type quests that span the entire game. Just not feeling any real story push. Combat and sneaking are lots of fun, though.

jwb said:
I don't see how it could be. Witcher was third person - isn't 2077 first?
I had heard at one point that it was going to be an MMORPG like Destiny rather than a single player RPG like Witcher. Do we know which it is?

Really enjoying Valhalla, even more than Black Flag. Just a good mix of games and a departure from the formulaic ACs of the past (haven't played all of them though, so maybe it has been trending this way for awhile). 

Also, map feels bigger than my initial impression. 

Really enjoying Valhalla, even more than Black Flag. Just a good mix of games and a departure from the formulaic ACs of the past (haven't played all of them though, so maybe it has been trending this way for awhile). 

Also, map feels bigger than my initial impression. 
Did you play Odyssey?

Feels like a combo of Red Dead + Shadow of Modor + Witcher + a pinch of Skyrim (archery). 

I don't know how far into I am but I haven't hit any of the silly animus stuff yet. The usually AC storyline is buried pretty deep (so far). 

Anyone looking for an Xbox?

I have an extra Xbox Series S bundle if anyone wants it. Not looking to make any money off of it, selling it at cost. 

Bundle includes:
Xbox Series S Console
Extra Controller
Minecraft Dungeons: Hero Edition Game
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 3 Month Membership 

$420 plus shipping. 

I bought it because I knew a couple friends were looking for an Xbox, but didn’t realize they only wanted a series X.  I’ll probably throw it on eBay in a couple days if no one here wants it. 

Just saw that MS is bringing back a Perfect Dark sequel. F#########ck. Had zero plans to ever grab an X, but down the road in a few years once they go on nice sales, I will have to strongly consider it. Even more so if they continue the State of Decay series.

Hmmmm.  My home desktop is about 15 years old and starting to get kind of slightly unreliable.  The main issue is that it randomly loses its internet connection for no obvious reason -- a restart typically fixes it, but it's becoming a frequent enough issue that I'm starting to think about replacing it.  (Also, shutting down the machine and restarting means a good 15 minutes or so of ####ty performance while God-knows-what updates in the background). 

So now I'm sitting here with a bunch of money that I didn't spend during the pandemic because, well, the pandemic, burning a hole in my pocket, and I'm thinking why not spring for a gaming PC?  I've done enough research to know that now is a bad time to be in the market for a graphics card because the new ones are impossible to find.  That's fine; I don't need to make any decisions today.  I also know for sure that I'm still going to want a PS5 regardless.  I don't really care for multiplayer games much.  This would be about getting a rig good enough for strategy games like XCOM that just don't carry over well to consoles, and RPGs like Skyrim that would seem to benefit heavily from the added power and mods that you can get on PC.  (I use XCOM and Skyrim as examples of the kinds of games I'm talking about -- I'm sure it would be easy to get a machine that handles these specific titles, but obviously I would want to select something with an eye toward a hypothetical XCOM 3 or Elder Scrolls Whatever).

Anybody here have any good, current how-to guides or general advice?  I'm mainly just weighing my options at this point.

Edit: I'm working under an assumption here that strategy games and RPGs place fewer demands on PC hardware than, say, shooters and action games.  If that's wrong, please correct me.  The main thing is that I feel like I'm missing on the "good" version of games like Darkest Dungeon and Disco Elysium because my current machine staggers and wheezes when I fire up Minesweeper.

Yeah, PS5.

Just ordered two extra controllers and the kids are getting Spiderman, Godfall and Fortnite on Christmas morning along with the console. 
Not sure how feasible this will be, but if you can try and hook up the system one day/night when the kids aren't around and download all the updates and get it mostly set up so it's "hook it up and go" instead of "hook it up and wait" on Christmas.

Took maybe 20 minutes to get mine up and running when I got it.  Also, if you got the disk version, pop the games in and let it install/download.

Might be a pain if you want to wrap everything, but wanted to give you that to think about as we're less then 2 weeks out.

I take shooter games pretty seriously, but every once in a while, something just hilarious happens that makes my day.

My brother and I were playing Warzone duos last night and he pushed a little too far and got killed by another team. I was like 10 seconds too late to save him but then this happened.

https://streamable.com/kh0dzf

I was laughing about this all night. I have NO idea what that 2nd guy was thinking. Good times

IvanKaramazov said:
Hmmmm.  My home desktop is about 15 years old and starting to get kind of slightly unreliable.  The main issue is that it randomly loses its internet connection for no obvious reason -- a restart typically fixes it, but it's becoming a frequent enough issue that I'm starting to think about replacing it.  (Also, shutting down the machine and restarting means a good 15 minutes or so of ####ty performance while God-knows-what updates in the background). 

So now I'm sitting here with a bunch of money that I didn't spend during the pandemic because, well, the pandemic, burning a hole in my pocket, and I'm thinking why not spring for a gaming PC?  I've done enough research to know that now is a bad time to be in the market for a graphics card because the new ones are impossible to find.  That's fine; I don't need to make any decisions today.  I also know for sure that I'm still going to want a PS5 regardless.  I don't really care for multiplayer games much.  This would be about getting a rig good enough for strategy games like XCOM that just don't carry over well to consoles, and RPGs like Skyrim that would seem to benefit heavily from the added power and mods that you can get on PC.  (I use XCOM and Skyrim as examples of the kinds of games I'm talking about -- I'm sure it would be easy to get a machine that handles these specific titles, but obviously I would want to select something with an eye toward a hypothetical XCOM 3 or Elder Scrolls Whatever).

Anybody here have any good, current how-to guides or general advice?  I'm mainly just weighing my options at this point.

Edit: I'm working under an assumption here that strategy games and RPGs place fewer demands on PC hardware than, say, shooters and action games.  If that's wrong, please correct me.  The main thing is that I feel like I'm missing on the "good" version of games like Darkest Dungeon and Disco Elysium because my current machine staggers and wheezes when I fire up Minesweeper.
Don't know a lot about gaming rigs, but I do know headsets. Depending what you have or are looking into, the HyperX Cloud Alpha's with additional software like Dolby Atmos can really juice up your gaming atmosphere for under $130 total. Now if your using speakers or already have a headset that's nice, disregard this. 

Not sure how feasible this will be, but if you can try and hook up the system one day/night when the kids aren't around and download all the updates and get it mostly set up so it's "hook it up and go" instead of "hook it up and wait" on Christmas.

Took maybe 20 minutes to get mine up and running when I got it.  Also, if you got the disk version, pop the games in and let it install/download.

Might be a pain if you want to wrap everything, but wanted to give you that to think about as we're less then 2 weeks out.
Well, we open presents here Christmas morning and then go to the in laws for the rest of the day, so I can open it, start the updates and head to the inlaws. What will be hilarious will be those kids jonesing to go home and play the new PS5. I usually come home for a nap in the afternoon, I bet all three of the boys come with me for the first time ever. 

I take shooter games pretty seriously, but every once in a while, something just hilarious happens that makes my day.

My brother and I were playing Warzone duos last night and he pushed a little too far and got killed by another team. I was like 10 seconds too late to save him but then this happened.

https://streamable.com/kh0dzf

I was laughing about this all night. I have NO idea what that 2nd guy was thinking. Good times
I watched that 10 times and I still can’t even see what happened. I’m old and that’s too fast 

I'm talking about the 2nd guy just crouch walking/slinking away into the closet rather than shooting back at me.  I couldn't believe he didnt shoot back
LOL, yeah, I didn't see any of that. Just you walking around the corner and then a bunch of gunshots. Couldn't see anything. 

This is a me problem, not you. 

Any good new Coop type games - PC or PS4? I will be playing some Coop games over christmas and I need ideas.  The last couple Christmas's we have been playing Don't starve together and Civ6, but a new game would be better.

Ideally the game will have a painfully steep learning curve, another good example of a game played recently is Risk of Rain 2, however I do not want to play a FPS.

Candidates

Ark: Survival Evolved -- Worried it may be too easy

Dungeon of the Endless -- Worried that with 2 of us it may not be as fun.

Vagante -- It is 2d sidescroller, which may still be fun.

Any other games?

I watched that 10 times and I still can’t even see what happened. I’m old and that’s too fast 
He was crouch looting TLEF's dead brother. He got caught loot whoring and was surprised that backup arrived. When TLEF evaded back to use cover after the initial hip fires the derp friend panicked and tried to use the closet as cover to heal up, but forgot to stop crouching so he moved slower. 

Any good new Coop type games - PC or PS4? I will be playing some Coop games over christmas and I need ideas.  The last couple Christmas's we have been playing Don't starve together and Civ6, but a new game would be better.

Ideally the game will have a painfully steep learning curve, another good example of a game played recently is Risk of Rain 2, however I do not want to play a FPS.

Candidates

Ark: Survival Evolved -- Worried it may be too easy

Dungeon of the Endless -- Worried that with 2 of us it may not be as fun.

Vagante -- It is 2d sidescroller, which may still be fun.

Any other games?
Huge learning curve that's a little farther along in hours than other games. Going from casual to decent is a huge gap. Noob to beginner is pretty easy. Also, your liable to lose everything when you're not playing.

I’m putting Cyberpunk 2077 down and coming back once they’ve fixed this thing.

3 of my current quests are glitched and can’t be completed, the constant crashes have gotten old, and my character has suddenly gone bald. 

So I went ahead and got Cyberpunk 2077 on Friday.  It runs great on the PS5, but yeah...  hope it wasn't a waste of money as it's currently buggy as hell.  It also does not live up to all their promises.  

Anyone else out there curious about it, definitely wait to buy and see if the patches make it not only less buggy but a better game.  

I’m putting Cyberpunk 2077 down and coming back once they’ve fixed this thing.

3 of my current quests are glitched and can’t be completed, the constant crashes have gotten old, and my character has suddenly gone bald. 
Sounds like the glitches are starting to stress your character out 

I recently picked up Crash Bandicoot 4 also.  If you liked that series, it's really cool (IMO).
Yeah I actually like Vahalla a lot better. I've yet to rage quit and it seems if you aren't leveled up far enough the enemies aren't as overpowering. At one point I was ranked maybe 2-3 rankings lower in Odyssesy and no chance to win battles. I'm like 4 or five rankings behind and Vahalla and its a bit of a challenge but not overpowering. 

Good, not great for me. The story is lacking in keeping you engaged - I've been quest-less for awhile now, and it feels like all there is for me to do is hunt down order people, the "Viking for Hire" go-kill-that-guy missions, and other large "gather all the artifacts" or whatnot type quests that span the entire game. Just not feeling any real story push. Combat and sneaking are lots of fun, though.
How are you playing the game? There's certain styles you can set game mode wise. I think one lets you free roam but more driving you towards the story arch 

Feels like a combo of Red Dead + Shadow of Modor + Witcher + a pinch of Skyrim (archery). 

I don't know how far into I am but I haven't hit any of the silly animus stuff yet. The usually AC storyline is buried pretty deep (so far). 
You don't get the animus stuff for awhile in this game. I've only had it once. so far and I'm pretty deep into the game right now. 

Just finished AC Valhalla and am getting into CyberPunk 2077. Very early, but have serious issues with CP--too much story and too much jumping around.  Love Red Dead Redemption and the AC series.  Thoughts from anyone else?

As someone who only has game time on weekends, and only a few hours at that, the mere quantity of content in AC: Odyssey may well keep me busy for  year. Sheesh. Over 50 hours in and so many land masses I haven't even touched yet. My map is full of little diamonds full of ! and other such icons. It's almost overwhelming. I have to tell myself to take "breaks" and knock out some of the main stories. In fact:

I just met momma for the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread