What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (10 Viewers)

A to Zeppelin -The unauthorized story of Led ZeppelinIt Might Get Loud (Profiles guitarists Jimmy Page, The Edge, and Jack White of White Stripes ***AWESOME***Lord Of The RingsLabyrinthThe InsiderFull Metal JacketCool Hand LukeBullittButch Cassiday and the Sundance KidBourne IdentityMatchStick MenHard EightLonesome DoveCan't sleep - Watching The Man That Wasn't There for the first time. It has stated well. Will see how it finishes.
I'll add Aliens to this list. Great sci-fi flick.

Batman: Under The Red Hood

This is not your kid's cartoon. Dark, DARK storyline that pushes the boundaries of it's PG-13 rating. Has some great moments involving Robin/Nightwing and Joker.

Exit Through The Gift Shop - This is a "must-watch" program involving Street Art. And then after you watch this, go to the Wikipedia page regarding Mr. Brainwash, Banksy, etc.

The Art of the Steal - This is an art documentary about how the town of Philadelphia "legally" stole the best private art collection in the world.

Cropsey - Also a very cool documentary around child disappearances in Staten Island in the 70s and 80s

piratemike said:
That North Korea documentary by National Geographic is a ####in trip.
David Dodds said:
Exit Through The Gift Shop - This is a "must-watch" program involving Street Art.
I'll have to check these out - Netflix keeps recommending them and they've been right on everything so far.

Better Off Ted - I would have never given this a chance if not for the Netflix recommend - for some reason I thought it was about a dead guy or serial killer or something. Watched about 5 or 6 episodes - laugh out loud funny. Portia is hilarious but the nerds in the lab steal the show.

Last edited by a moderator:
piratemike said:
Just put that in my queue. If you like that - this one is about the guy that crossed over back in the Korean War, "Crossing the Line." http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Crossing...8403#height2296
What is the name of the North Korea doc everyone is talking about? Is it "NG Undercover: Inside North Korea"?
National Geographic: Inside North Korea

Watched "Time Bandits" for the first time in probably 15-20 years. Still found many of the scenes enjoyable. Not as much as when I was a kid, but it was not a waste of 2 hours.

Still trying to figure out who called in a favor to get Sean Connery in it, but his scenes are some of the best in the movie.

Just put that in my queue. If you like that - this one is about the guy that crossed over back in the Korean War, "Crossing the Line." http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Crossing...8403#height2296
What is the name of the North Korea doc everyone is talking about? Is it "NG Undercover: Inside North Korea"?
National Geographic: Inside North Korea
Very creepy. Still - I don't know how much the behavior was changed because the cameras and government people were present. The escapees story sucked - gotta be hell knowing what your family has to endure now. Very worthwhile view.

For anyone that hasn't seen the "24" series, Netflix has the first 7 seasons (each season with 24 episodes) available for streaming. Is it possible that these will be available for instant viewing long enough to get them watched?

Some new adds worth watching:

Let the Right Ones In - Best vampire movie I have ever seen

Shutter Island - Worth a watch

Party Down - Great comedy that I was recently turned onto. Season 2 available for instant view. I was hooked after 1 episode.

For anyone that hasn't seen the "24" series, Netflix has the first 7 seasons (each season with 24 episodes) available for streaming. Is it possible that these will be available for instant viewing long enough to get them watched?
Looks like they all expire on April Fool's Day. A little less than 3 months to watch all 7. Enjoy!

They have been like that for as long as I can remember. I think once it becomes streaming content it stays that way.

They have been like that for as long as I can remember. I think once it becomes streaming content it stays that way.
No, every movie/show has an expiration date regarding streaming availability. Sometimes, as soon as they remove it, they make it available again very soon after.

Ip Man

This is a really well made foreign flick from China. It's "A semi-biographical account of Yip Man, the first martial arts master to teach the Chinese martial art of Wing Chun". The guy actually taught actor Bruce Lee, which by itself makes him pretty damn awesome. The drama is overdone in some parts and I think I would have enjoyed it even more if it stuck more closely to the true story. But it's not so bad as to take away from movie. The fight scenes are fantastic, it's obvious a lot of effort went into them.
I'm a big fan of this film and Chinese biopics in general.ETA Sequel being released in Jan 2011.
I saw this too. Does this mean that I'll be able to buy the DVD online somewhere or will it be released in select theaters? I see that its been out for a while in foreign countries.
I liked IP Man. :scared:

jeter23 said:
Claydon said:
John Facenda said:
No, every movie/show has an expiration date regarding streaming availability. Sometimes, as soon as they remove it, they make it available again very soon after.
I was wondering where you got the information on the "expiration date" of the instant view titles. Thanks.

jeter23 said:
Claydon said:
John Facenda said:
I was wondering where you got the information on the "expiration date" of the instant view titles. Thanks.
http://instantwatcher.com/titles/expiring

jeter23 said:
Claydon said:
John Facenda said:
http://instantwatcher.com/titles/expiring
Yep, you can also check any title, not only the ones expiring soon. For example, a new to streaming thriller called Exam expires Dec 30, 2013. You only have 1,090 days left to watch that one. :shrug:

Yep, you can also check any title, not only the ones expiring soon. For example, a new to streaming thriller called Exam expires Dec 30, 2013. You only have 1,090 days left to watch that one. :hifive:
That's supposed to be an interesting film, BTW. Sorta like Cube, I think.

If you like martial arts movies:

Ong Bak 1 & 2

If you like animated series:

Darker than Black

If you like Dark Humor and Movies that make you think:

Clockwork Orange

Bronson

Cronos...same director as Pan's Labyrinth and the Hellboy films. It's not spectacular but at the time it was made in 1992/1993 it costs $2 million and was the most expensive Mexican film made at that point. It's worth watching.

Following is a pretty good little movie from Christopher Nolan. Worth the 70 minute investment for anyone who likes "Memento" and Hitchcock.

The United Staes VS John Lennon. Speaking as someone who lived through the 60's it has a good feeling of those times.

I hadn't seen Wonderboys in many years and just watched it again on netflix. I forgot how good - and how funny - this movie is.

Without Limits

"This biopic stars Billy Crudup as Steve "Pre" Prefontaine, the Olympic runner who overcame a physical abnormality to become the top American runner in the early 1970s. The film follows Prefontaine from his early years at the University of Oregon under the tutelage of Coach Bill Bowerman (Donald Sutherland), through the grueling Olympic trials and the 1972 Munich Olympics, and ultimately to Prefontaine's tragic death."

I enjoyed it a good deal. "Pre" led an interesting, albeit short, life.

The entire Larry Sanders Show series was added. Guess it's time to watch this.
:thumbup:
What these guys said. Great show. Caught it once or twice but never appreciated it. I'm gonna end up working my way through all four seasons now.And holy Jesus, was Dana Delany stunning back in 1992. She was a guest on a mid-Season One episode, wearing something form-fitting and red. I looked for a pic but couldn't find one.

I watched "Smokey and the Bandit" the other night. It was a PG version and I seemed to remember that being a strong R for Jackie Gleason's language. Am I wrong there? It did sound dubbed at points.

I started "Smokey and the Bandit II" but turned it off after 15 mins. It made Cannonball Run look intellengent. Horrible money grab of a movie.

I watched "Smokey and the Bandit" the other night. It was a PG version and I seemed to remember that being a strong R for Jackie Gleason's language. Am I wrong there? It did sound dubbed at points.
"there is no way...no...way, that you came from my loins. when we get home, i'm gunna punch your momma in the mouth" :own3d: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread