What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (12 Viewers)

It's not even close to being a superhero series - so if you don't normally like them you'll be fine with this. More of an ultra-violent political thriller with some relationship drama thrown in - very well done. 
I should have said comic book instead of superhero. Yeah, I'm generally not into superhero movies and shows but after reading into Punisher it did seem to be different enough to check out.

First time in this thread. Sorry if this has already come up. Just watched episode 2 of MindHunter. First episode is a bit of a snoozer and was not planning on coming back for episode 2, but a coworker told me to watch another episode. I'm in for at least a season now. 
Ha! :thumbup: We watched the first episode and it took a few weeks before giving it another one. The second episode was much better and I think I'm in too...for now.

https://youtu.be/33dztfqRu_k

A Futile and Stupid Gesture | Official Trailer [HD] | Netflix

A Futile and Stupid Gesture is the story of comedy wunderkind Doug Kenney, who co-created the National Lampoon, Caddyshack, and Animal House. Kenney was at the center of the 70’s comedy counter-culture which gave birth to Saturday Night Live and a whole generation's way of looking at the world.

Jan 26th
I enjoyed this a lot.  Don't know how good or insightful it was, but it was fun hanging out with the characters.  The jabs they took at poetic license typically taken in biopics drew some chuckles, too.  

Just binge watched Ozark. It was like Breaking Bad on Meth. Really good.
Agree with this. Wish they had another season already queued up. The pilot episode was a rush and a half.

Currently watching The Killing. about halfway through the series run. Very entertained so far.

Anyone else considering Altered Carbon, which comes out in a few days?

La Mante

Really enjoyed this one despite my dislike for subtitles as it takes my eyes away from the scene. Good story and well acted. The dudes wife is a sweety. :wub:

La Casa de Papel (Money Heist)

Another foreign language show that requires subtitles but I'm a sucker for heist movies. 3 episodes remaining and I'm really enjoying it.  Blends the current action with flashbacks well to fill in the plan.  Each robber has their own issues and I think they do a good job of showing who they are. the cat and mouse game between the negotiator and the Professor is intriguing.  Not very realistic but what shows are any more.

Ha! :thumbup: We watched the first episode and it took a few weeks before giving it another one. The second episode was much better and I think I'm in too...for now.
My wife says to me last night (before we watched ep2), "Do you want to watch another episode of our show?" I responded, "I'm not ready to brand that one, 'our,' just quite yet and am only going to watch another episode because the coworker said it was good."

I think it has officially become "our" show now. At least for a while 

La Mante

Really enjoyed this one despite my dislike for subtitles as it takes my eyes away from the scene. Good story and well acted. The dudes wife is a sweety. :wub:

La Casa de Papel (Money Heist)

Another foreign language show that requires subtitles but I'm a sucker for heist movies. 3 episodes remaining and I'm really enjoying it.  Blends the current action with flashbacks well to fill in the plan.  Each robber has their own issues and I think they do a good job of showing who they are. the cat and mouse game between the negotiator and the Professor is intriguing.  Not very realistic but what shows are any more.
Glad someone else finally checked out La Mante. Was wondering if they'd enjoy as well and glad you did.

La Casa de Papel is on my list so I'll get to it soon. Just started Dexter and almost done with season 1 so it might be a little while.

We watched episode 1 last night on HBOgo.  Sharon Stone if frigging terrifying.  I don't really get the "alternate viewing experienes."  Did you do anything with those?
So there's an app that has what appears to be new content you can watch and steer the story with your picks, but I haven't tried it.

Just a warning that the last episode was weak. Still glad I watched it all, though.

mr. furley said:
whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.. no
RT has BB at 95 and Godless at 88. Their kids go to the same private school. They go to the same restaurants. They live in the same neighborhood, a few blocks away from each other. Breaking Bad has a new Tesla, but Godless has a BMW 5 series model. Comping quality is not an insult to Breaking Bad.   

RT has BB at 95 and Godless at 88. Their kids go to the same private school. They go to the same restaurants. They live in the same neighborhood, a few blocks away from each other. Breaking Bad has a new Tesla, but Godless has a BMW 5 series model. Comping quality is not an insult to Breaking Bad.   
Godless was a snoozefest. Its laughable to compare it to BB.

people i've talked to about Godless like to defend it by saying that i must not like slow/deliberate/character driven movies or stories. totally false.

Godless was just... not that good.

Jeff Daniels was good. the Law & Order guy was good. the rest of it was predictable shlock. 

you could watch episode 1, the final episode and not have missed anything of note in between. the biggest development in the missing episodes would have been..... the guy learns to read? the bandits kill everyone they encounter? 

IMO, Godless would've made a great movie or 3/4 part TV show, but ended up being a bit stretched thin for the run it got. Still enjoyed it- was well done, liked the characters, well acted, nice to look at... but felt stretched/thin.

The Frozen Dead was missable. feels like an uninspired mash-up of a ton of procedural cop shows/movies. not terrible, but not great... like I've seen it all before, but better- and felt continuously eye-rolley.

people i've talked to about Godless like to defend it by saying that i must not like slow/deliberate/character driven movies or stories. totally false.

Godless was just... not that good.

Jeff Daniels was good. the Law & Order guy was good. the rest of it was predictable shlock. 

you could watch episode 1, the final episode and not have missed anything of note in between. the biggest development in the missing episodes would have been..... the guy learns to read? the bandits kill everyone they encounter? 
While I don't disagree with what you are going for here furley I would mention Michelle Dockery flashing the girls around episode 6 was well worth seeing IMHO.

IMO, Godless would've made a great movie or 3/4 part TV show, but ended up being a bit stretched thin for the run it got. Still enjoyed it- was well done, liked the characters, well acted, nice to look at... but felt stretched/thin.
Mentioned it before.. the original script was for a movie but never bought... So they made it a series and so yea.. MAJOR stretching.. Saying that, the stretch part of the horse taming had me memorized. It was perfect with just the taming and no talking at all. :thumbup:

Mentioned it before.. the original script was for a movie but never bought... So they made it a series and so yea.. MAJOR stretching.. Saying that, the stretch part of the horse taming had me memorized. It was perfect with just the taming and no talking at all. :thumbup:
I can't believe they did any entire episode dedicated to that one scene

Just started watching Fauda.  Ii’s about Israelis and Palastinians and has a lot of action.  Subtitles, but it has good pace so far.

Creeepy

I'll be watching this ish.
reminds me of Ben Wheatley a bit. He's done some intense, weird films like Kill List, Free Fire, High Rise, and A Field in England. Kill List might be the best of the lot but he's interesting nonetheless. This make me think of him even if it's not him in the chair.

Have a couple trips coming up. Can anyone recommend some good movies, preferably those available for download? Not looking for a new series at this point. TIA

yeah, I was probably referring more to the costumes a la the Holy Grail and the dry humor.  The Office is a good comp, too.  Just find it hilarious the juxtaposition of the somewhat introspective and sensitive diaolgue in the context of a group of Vikings.

I caught a documentary called Twice the other night. It's about a guy who was in both Hiroshima and Nagasaki when the atom bombs were dropped. :shock:

Get this - he lived until 2010 when he died at 93.

Users who are viewing this thread