What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (10 Viewers)

Watched it today.Love the musical scores.Being a dog lover some of it was a little rough for me in some scenes hell I can't even watch ASPCA commercials.Pretty good overall though kind of The Birds of dog movies.
Agree with the music, the drums were intense. Some reviews likened it to a dog version of Uprising of the Planet of the Apes. I saw many similarities to "Isle of Dogs" which was also outstanding. My wife (huge animal lover) was actually pissed at me when the going got tough for Hagen, and she cheered hard for his little Jack Russel bud.

Just watched Hannah Gadsby's Nanette special. It starts off as a normal stand up special then, about halfway through, starts transforming into something else. 

It really is quite impressive. It will stick with you. I don't want to give too much away but I highly recommend it.

whoknew said:
I'd recommend giving it another try. The last 30 minutes are ... powerful. And important.
wow...intense.

jhib said:
But not exactly what I'm in the mood for when I decide to look for a comedy on Netflix. 
also agree with this.  Don't watch this if you are looking for lighthearted laughs.

Just watched Hannah Gadsby's Nanette special. It starts off as a normal stand up special then, about halfway through, starts transforming into something else. 

It really is quite impressive. It will stick with you. I don't want to give too much away but I highly recommend it.
Just finished this. Best thing I’ve watched in long time. Incredibly intimate, honest, and powerful and definitely not a light watch but a must watch, (IMO).  

Edit: and in addition, very very funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not saying Glow is great - or even really good. But having watched both seasons, I really did learn to like the characters and root for them. So I'm glad I watched it.
I think we saw about 3 or 4 episodes. It was ok but never felt the need to continue.

Evil Genius doc, thoughts?
Like how all the law enforcement officers got a chuckle about how Margerie and Rosenstein thought of themselves as so much smarter. 

They were.

Huge case like that.  Law enforcement at every level was pathetic.

Hard to say if Wells was in on it.  Don't know how law enforcement could make that assertion.  A witness saying they almost ran into him as he pulled out of radio tower entry way the day before the heist is very thin.

Wells' demeanor during the heist was odd though.

Watched Mohawk the other night. Low-budget and no-name actors but the acting was pretty good for a period-piece ***** revenge slasher flick.

It started out as nostalgia factor but I'm all in on GLOW.

Maybe I'm just a chick but digging the show.   Marron is awesome at his part.

I can’t keep up with his thread so sorry if a rehash. Have we talked about what a disaster that sense 8 finale/movie is?  Good grief. I would haved loved to been in the room when they pitched that. 

“We anticipate at least 4 group meal scenes with the most extravagant food in the most expensive locations.  And a 30 minute wedding, ON the Eiffel Tower. But don’t worry. A super good orgy too. And 4 action scenes where no one will be able to tell that the hell is going on or who is holding the gun. Don’t worry!  No one will get hurt too bad.”

No sense of a bad guy. No risk. No danger. No point. Meh. 

I can’t keep up with his thread so sorry if a rehash. Have we talked about what a disaster that sense 8 finale/movie is?  Good grief. I would haved loved to been in the room when they pitched that. 

“We anticipate at least 4 group meal scenes with the most extravagant food in the most expensive locations.  And a 30 minute wedding, ON the Eiffel Tower. But don’t worry. A super good orgy too. And 4 action scenes where no one will be able to tell that the hell is going on or who is holding the gun. Don’t worry!  No one will get hurt too bad.”

I gave up midway through the last season. what you just described sounds about right for what I was expecting here, give or take 8 orgies.

I haven't seen it since it hasn't gotten good reviews, but nobody mentioned an orgy scene.

I am not a number, I am a free Man!
god, I hope its as good as I remember (caveat- watched it in rerelease on PBS around 1990... and was high off my keester for every single episode). I don't remember ever being as thrilled at the end of a series as I was with this one. I was also really, really high.

Huh, I Had a post about it but it seemed to have vanished. It was a let down after how good season 2 was.

i actually liked the wedding but most of the rest of the episode was meh. And the orgy was so dumb except for Rajesh saying "Wow that really happened"

I would have loved to see the 8 , sitting at a table, raising their glasses to each other. But did you notice that the guy playing Lito was not there much. They used lots of doubles and had him hiding behind a hat.

"Ladybird" yesterday afternoon via Prime. It's entertaining but not even remotely a contender for any awards. Gerwhig, who I always enjoy, does a nice semiautobio film here that catches the time, place and age of it all. What is problematic is how very derivative it is. Noah Boambach, her paramour, is all over this and that makes an personal story in effect his. I liked it but it is still very light. Good cast here too. 

OK, I binged Dexter Season 1 finally.  Remind me again which season it takes the express train to sucktown and never gets off?

I'm not sure why so many people loved "Staircase". 

It was a 13 episode program that should have been edited down to 4 or 5 episodes.

And if it weren't for the bat #### crazy sister in law, I would have been ok with the narcissistic loser husband going to jail for life just for being such a narcissistic loser. 

As it was however, I was happy to see him go free just to see the bat #### crazy sister in law's reaction. 

And yeah, the legal/justice system is a mess.  God forbid my wife happens to have an accident at home; I'm a goner for sure if they find all the indiscretion skeletons on my hard drive. 

I'm kidding about  that last part.  (but now it's on my hard drive so......)

watched Unbroken last night. of course an amazing story- and interesting to watch. but cinematically felt like something didn't quite work with the pacing or sequencing of the story-telling. after a decent use of jumping in time, wishing the pow part- obviously a major part of his story- was somehow given equal footing with the rest of his story instead or dominating the proceedings at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread