What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (14 Viewers)

Just finished The Sinner season 1.  Took a while, but decent payoff.

I've watched the first episode of season 2 of the Deuce, and I don't feel very motivated to watch any more.

Just finished The Sinner season 1.  Took a while, but decent payoff.

I've watched the first episode of season 2 of the Deuce, and I don't feel very motivated to watch any more.
It's a bit of a chore. I think it's solid, but having watched The Wire and Treme, a lot of the plotlines seem familiar.

Wife and I started Mr Mercedes.   2 episodes in and she's not real thrilled with some of the over the top sex stuff.  Does that decrease, stay the same, or increase?  If either of the latter 2 she's probably out and I'd rather not waste her time.

Wife and I started Mr Mercedes.   2 episodes in and she's not real thrilled with some of the over the top sex stuff.  Does that decrease, stay the same, or increase?  If either of the latter 2 she's probably out and I'd rather not waste her time.
I don't want to spoil anything so don't want to assume who you're talking about.  Can you tell us?  I don't recall there being a lot of sex stuff.

Anyone into Frontier, the Aquaman as vigilante fur trader in the new world period piece?  It's entertaining enough; not nearly as captivating as Vikings, in terms of period pieces, but it wastes time appropriately.  

I don't want to spoil anything so don't want to assume who you're talking about.  Can you tell us?  I don't recall there being a lot of sex stuff.
I read the book(s) so know what to expect in general.  But in the series, is the stuff with Kelly Lynch prominent throughout?   Also, my wife did not care for one of the videos Hodges watched that showed line drawings of a guy pleasuring his gigantic member.  Not trying to be a prude, but I just know that she'll be done if there's much more of that and I'd rather not invest in a show we're not going to stick with.

I read the book(s) so know what to expect in general.  But in the series, is the stuff with Kelly Lynch prominent throughout?   Also, my wife did not care for one of the videos Hodges watched that showed line drawings of a guy pleasuring his gigantic member.  Not trying to be a prude, but I just know that she'll be done if there's much more of that and I'd rather not invest in a show we're not going to stick with.
I only recall the stuff between the kid and mom to be minimal and mostly near the beginning.

I'm pretty sure you're past the traumatic bits.

So.....anyone watch Terrace House?

(Edit: Important for anyone who reads the rest and wants to check it out--the first season they put on Netflix with subtitles is Boys and Girls in the City. It takes place in Tokyo.)

It's kinda specific and weird. I think the only reason we got into it was because guys on a podcast we listen to kept talking about how good and interesting it was, but it's getting pretty popular now I think. It's probably not for everyone. For reference we don't watch much American reality TV at all--just Survivor, and this isn't like that at all. I gather that it's a little more like Big Brother or The Bachelor except not like those hardly at all either. 

But it's so entertaining/addicting, and also pure kinda clean fun in a way that American reality TV isn't. And an interesting look into another culture's young people. Extremely different from American people. Six people in Japan live together in a huge house. While living together in the house, the 3 men and 3 women keep going to work and living their lives, etc. which is totally different from the sequestered nature of American reality shows. There's a panel of "commentators" who break down the action a few times per episode which is a funny twist on the format. I assume they must be famous on some level in Japan or something. Obviously some hot Japanese women for those looking for that (not that any people like that inhabit THIS board ?)

From the wiki description:

Terrace House is an unscripted reality television show about six strangers who move-in together while the viewer watches what happens as a result.[10] The group is composed of three girls and three boys aged from their late teens to their 30s. While not explicitly described as a dating show, Terrace House has been labelled as such by several reviewers.[1][13][14] Viewing drama comes from watching members pursue romance with each other and dealing with the differences in their personalities, morals, hopes and dreams.[15][13]

The show provides access to a furnished house and two cars, all of which are equipped with cameras that record 24 hours a day, in a fly on the wall style. While in Terrace Housemembers keep their day jobs and are allowed to go about their daily lives as they please. At various times the cameras will also follow members to other locations, such as restaurants or their work, to capture footage. Should one of the housemates decide to permanently leave the show they are replaced by a new member of the same gender.

A group of studio commentators introduce each episode and watch along with the viewer. They provide commentary at regular intervals: analysing conversations, deciphering members body language and joking about the last 10 minutes of footage

Last edited by a moderator:
Fwiw, the Japanese panel/greek-chorus happens on a lot their shows, from what I'm told. our family was on a japanese travel show that did a segment on Halloween in NYC- Japanese friends got us the dvd of the show and translated it for us. sure enough, a panel was there with various types (from cute starlet to bizarre costumed clown) discussing and guessing like as a game show type thing, about what kinds of things might happen next.

Bodyguard  the UKs most popular TV show staring the actor who played Robb Stark GoT. First episode was very good. 

I've started Mr. Sunshine. I think I like it, but I'm not a fan of the extremely long, lingering shots of nothing really happening they often use. Is that a general Korean t.v./movie stylistic thing or is it specific to this show? I like the way they keep introducing characters and their back stories as they go along.

I used to love Monty Python, but I tried to watch the newly added Life of Brian.  God it was awful.    My tastes have changed.

I finally finished TURN.  I enjoyed it and I've read the book it's based on several times.  Somewhat slow in the start, but by Season 3 it moves along nicely.
If you go back and watch a lot of the 70's & 80's comedies, they don't hold up. Many of them have a slow pace compared to modern stuff and what we've become accustomed to in the current fast paced environment

Should have considered that before investing in a wife

Adding Norm and big mouth to my list after Daredevil. 

Is Sabrina worth watching?

If anyone hasn't seen Atypical, that might be one of my favorite shows this year - will watch again, this time with the wife. 

Binged the entire haunting of hill House series yesterday. Wasnt really paying attention to time. When I finished it was 5:15 am.

Really good tv. I'm not even into the genre, but it's well written.

Just started American Vandal season 2 :lmao:

I'm not sure what it says about my maturity level, but I can't help but giggle every time the term "turd burgular" is uttered.
my god the first 5 minutes of s2. This season was just as good as the first.

Apparently Netflix dropped the show.

cosjobs said:
You missed a lot of plot development the last episode and a half. You should catchup.
I'll be ok having my wife catch me up. At least I don't have to pretend the politician lady is hot enough for the king of the north.

El Floppo said:
Wife kept watching so I caught tail end of ep3- interesting enough to give it another shot.
That's right, come over to the melodramatic side.  Next you and I will be discussing the upcoming Lifetime movies. 

New season of Big Mouth rules.
Man this show is absolutely wild. Can’t beleve they got the ok to even make it. 
started this last night- S1. some funny #### here.
jfc... 5 or 6 into this... I need to be taking notes, because some of the lines are just brilliant (usually by hormone monster). w/ floppinho going through "changes" I'd love to show him this... but also no way in hell am I showing this- at least until he's in his 30s. 

Users who are viewing this thread