What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (7 Viewers)

We started Liseys Story. 

I should have taken a break from King... I think im not a fan of his. But cant argue the cast, and so far looks good, even of the story is already srarting to grate on me.

Did the concept involve a ball of electricity from nowhere that zaps everybody and saves the day? Because that part...not so solid.

In the book it was a literal hand of God. Shaped like a hand and everything. 
Book version:

The blue ball of electricity came from Flagg's finger when he scorched Whitney's face for calling him the devil and then he threatened the crowd with it when they started to question his sentencing of Larry and Ralph. Ralph said to Larry, "look the hand of God", and Larry noted that "the sky did look like a hand" as Flagg was dispelled.  Then the electric blue ball set the bomb off. 

Book version:

The blue ball of electricity came from Flagg's finger when he scorched Whitney's face for calling him the devil and then he threatened the crowd with it when they started to question his sentencing of Larry and Ralph. Ralph said to Larry, "look the hand of God", and Larry noted that "the sky did look like a hand" as Flagg was dispelled.  Then the electric blue ball set the bomb off. 
Thanks.

Still dumb.

I believe I saw Winslet would be interested in doing another season.

imo, it’s one and done - and leave it alone - a lot of the greatness was her journey personally and that she is on her way to healing - not sure where another season would take her

I believe I saw Winslet would be interested in doing another season.

imo, it’s one and done - and leave it alone - a lot of the greatness was her journey personally and that she is on her way to healing - not sure where another season would take her
To get more vapes, hoagies and bad beer.

RC94 said:
Aside from Netflix and Amazon, what are everyone's favorite streaming services?
Imo the big 4 in order are Netflix, Prime, HBO Max, Disney+ (but literally only for the Marvel shows)

I wouldn't bother with any of the others

Apple TV+ has some good original content too, but I don’t plan to continue my subscription once the free year+ runs out from buying a new phone. It’s more a one-month-a-year binge service.

Have you watched Mosquito Coast yet? It has an interesting premise and I like Justin Theroux. Its on my list.
I’m on the fence about watching it. I remember not caring for the movie, but I’ve heard decent reviews of the series.
We watched and the Series is a bit goofy. Ok with decent tension and action and good enough acting, but too much three's company mis/non-communication (what did you do, dad? Well...wait- not now) and implausible results (that mexican cartel wont find us in a bright orange van, army of children with eyes covering the entirety of the largest city in north america). Its an almost.

Sweet tooth on Netflix was a cool series, I binged it on my phone while traveling so I’ll have to rewatch this week on my tv when I get home. 
Its a post-apocalyptic fairy tale based on Jeff Lemire's comic book series, from executive producer Susan and Robert Downy jr.

Apple TV+ has some good original content too, but I don’t plan to continue my subscription once the free year+ runs out from buying a new phone. It’s more a one-month-a-year binge service.
I recently took the plunge on Apple TV+ and glad I did.  Ted Lasso is one of my favorite shows of the last few years and we like Mythic Quest so far too.  Not sure if there's much beyond those that we're interested in though, so you're right, it may be something we only end up periodically subscribing to.

Sweet tooth on Netflix was a cool series, I binged it on my phone while traveling so I’ll have to rewatch this week on my tv when I get home. 
Its a post-apocalyptic fairy tale based on Jeff Lemire's comic book series, from executive producer Susan and Robert Downy jr.
Started watching this the other day. A little goofy but I keep watching it so I must like it...

I recently took the plunge on Apple TV+ and glad I did.  Ted Lasso is one of my favorite shows of the last few years and we like Mythic Quest so far too.  Not sure if there's much beyond those that we're interested in though, so you're right, it may be something we only end up periodically subscribing to.
If you like creepy, mystery, psychological shows/movies check out Servant. First season was above average and definitely want to watch the 2nd season at some point.

Those Who Wish Me Dead.

Meh. Good cast and acting for the last part. I will watch almost anything with Jon Bernthal but the plot and dialogue were weak.

Written and directed by Taylor Sheridan who wrote Sicario, Hell or High Water, and Wind River so I was expecting much more.

Started it tonight with the kids...they are all in. 

Panic - Anyone watch this yet? I've watched three episodes. I wouldn't say its great. Or even really good. But I am entertained. I keep wondering what the next challenge will be.

Anyone try "Calls" on Apple+? More like a podcast than a tv show. Fairly creepy, follows loosely connected phone calls with a Twilight Zone type vibe. Episodes are pretty short. I dug it.

Pedro Pascal has signed onto doing the last of us HBO series

I know people like to #### on videogames transitioning to movies/tv

But my gut feeling this one will be different

The General said:
Just finished “Mare of Easttown”

Im sure it has been covered already as I’m a bit late. Holy Moly. Last 2 episodes of that were really ####### good. 
I watched a couple episodes of that but miniature golf and Rob Riggle grated on me pretty quickly.  

Those Who Wish Me Dead.

Meh. Good cast and acting for the last part. I will watch almost anything with Jon Bernthal but the plot and dialogue were weak.

Written and directed by Taylor Sheridan who wrote Sicario, Hell or High Water, and Wind River so I was expecting much more.
Agree

Sat through the 8 episodes of Black Summer.  It is a zombie apocalypse show.  The premise is that it is just the start of the Z apocalypse and people are being moved to a central location with the military in control.  There was so much about this that didn't make sense.  It just started but for some reason people are not driving around, but the ones that do, they are being attacked for no reason.  The only reason given was that one car was attacking another for petrol.  Yet they pass 100 cars during the chase that could have provided the petrol.  The good about the show is that people turn quickly and they run.  None of the slow moving Z crap. haha.  Not much in the way of character development and scenes cut very disjointedly.  One minute a group of seven are moving down the street the next scene there are 50 people moving with them.  No idea why it got like 73 on Rotten Tomatoes.
I actually like it, it's good senseless zombie insanity.

TripItUp said:
Sopranos season 1 or the wire season 3?
I keep hearing this wire show is good.  Where is it streaming?  I have done quite a bit of electrical work so it should be easy for me to understand.  I don't think I would be into Sopranos because I don't really like musicals.  

I keep hearing this wire show is good.  Where is it streaming?  I have done quite a bit of electrical work so it should be easy for me to understand.  I don't think I would be into Sopranos because I don't really like musicals.  
I’d suggest Breaking Bad, but Nanny Jo isn’t in it.

City on a Hill  (S2) Streaming on Showtime

I thought S1 was really well done.  Kevin Bacon character a little over the top.

Season 2 was weak.  Jill Hennessy singing was brutal. S2 Just never grabbed me.

Somehow found Everest - Beyond the Limit on Prime.  Pretty awesome show, at least the first two seasons.

Watched the first episode of Sweet Tooth tonight - easily the worst show I've watched this year.  Just awful.

Users who are viewing this thread