What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tim Tebow - 8.17.21 Waived By Jacksonville (1 Viewer)

Have you ever seen Rodgers? He throws to the wide open guy all the time. They probably both go to Church.

to be fair every single completion to Thomas, Thomas was essentially uncovered. one of them was a great scramble but the Vikings simply didn't cover him 4 times. don't crown him a great passer on poor defense yet
I wonder if the safeties were sucked into run support...
no they just didn't cover him
what are you saying? he got 75% of his yards on busted coverage is what I am saying, don't crown him a NFL quality passer yet

Have you ever seen Rodgers? He throws to the wide open guy all the time. They probably both go to Church.

to be fair every single completion to Thomas, Thomas was essentially uncovered. one of them was a great scramble but the Vikings simply didn't cover him 4 times. don't crown him a great passer on poor defense yet
what are you saying? he got 75% of his yards on busted coverage is what I am saying, don't crown him a NFL quality passer yet
He was one today. I'm not saying he doesn't have work to do but there's no denying he threw the ball very well. It's not his fault the receivers were wide open...or maybe it was.

He was one today. I'm not saying he doesn't have work to do but there's no denying he threw the ball very well. It's not his fault the receivers were wide open...or maybe it was.
Yeah because when he overthrows the wide open WR he is bad. When he underthrows the wide open WR he is bad. When he hits the wide open WR for TD he is bad. Some of these Tebow haters are just pissing in the wind at this point. Tebow may not be the ultimate answer for Denver, but there is no denying he is getting better each week and keeps winning, which is good enough for me as a Denver fan.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is really fascinating to me is the success the Broncos are having with the approach. This could be the beginning of a revolutionary change in offensive approach by teams. We may begin to see other teams use this approach (copy cat league) if the Broncos continue to win.

It will be interesting to see how the Broncos evolve this offense to suit Tebow's skills. And if the Broncos continue their success do they go all in and draft another QB with skills similar to Tebow as a backup(?)

Love him or hate him, as a football you have to find this situation very fascinating.

sure he was today, but almost any competent QB hits all those throws. just saying the evidence still points toward him being a bad passer and that is clear

sure he was today, but almost any competent QB hits all those throws. just saying the evidence still points toward him being a bad passer and that is clear
To you only...now you are just making yourself out to be stupid or an alias...either way you are wrong and the stats prove you wrong. Perhaps you will fare better with an "Andrew Luck--just not an NFL QB" thread.

To you only...now you are just making yourself out to be stupid or an alias...either way you are wrong and the stats prove you wrong. Perhaps you will fare better with an "Andrew Luck--just not an NFL QB" thread.
:goodposting: He also made a great throw on the run that was called back that would have extended a drive. Tebow only ran for 15 yards but may have played his best game as a pro today.

For those keeping score at home: Tebow had only 4 rushes today. Very little zone-read, no option runs. Beoncos were doing most of their damage on the ground from a traditional 2 back set w/Tebow under center.

Progress

He is definitely not a great passer yet but today showed a ton of improvement. A couple of Tebows best passes were dropped. Hitting wide open wr may not be impressive to you but not making stupid plays and keeping your team in the game is (as a Bear fan I wish we had that today). If I were a Bronco fan it would be a very exciting time for me and as a non Bronco fan there are not many teams I would rather watch right now. It is exciting football every week and Tebow certainly has something to do with that even if he is not a great passer.

please explain I'm not trying to troll here. how do the stats show he's a good passer? today they do but I don't think it's a sign he's a good passer because the Vikings did not cover Thomas 4 times. he threw better today but 1 game does not outweigh his history when the one game was so reliant on busted coverage. I don't think he's a good NFL passer, that does not seem like a controversial opinion to me and far from something that should get me called stupid lol

I had to leave midway through the 3rd quarter for my kids' theater rehearsal. At the time I left I had just finished ripping Tebow in the game thread as incompetent. I didn't see any of the 4th quarter; apparently he was truly great today. Surprises the heck out of me; maybe I was wrong about him. Guess we'll see. For now, congratulations to Broncos fans, and if any of you Tebow lovers want to take your shots at me, go right ahead; I guess you've earned it.

Gawd he just wins. I picked him up the minute I found out he was starting....but..how the hell do you figure when to start him?? Matching him up with Romo--who looked better this week, and maybe better the next three. Started him once I think, and actually was playing the game three ways with Palmer in Oakland for a few weeks....there's just no guessing when they're going to hit.

So I'm into the playoffs. At this point...maybe I'll just play him matchups be damned for the same reason Denver's playing him....Gotta Believe!!

:eek:

please explain I'm not trying to troll here. how do the stats show he's a good passer? today they do but I don't think it's a sign he's a good passer because the Vikings did not cover Thomas 4 times. he threw better today but 1 game does not outweigh his history when the one game was so reliant on busted coverage. I don't think he's a good NFL passer, that does not seem like a controversial opinion to me and far from something that should get me called stupid lol
I am sorry. That was wrong on my part. It just gets frustrating when as a Denver fan (not a Tebow-fanboy) that a team that, even the die-hard fans, were predicting to win 4-5 games gets the attention it does. It gets hard to tell the people that are just making observations from the haters who just hate him because who he is.He has been bad to really bad in the past, but today was a huge step forward. With the exception of his first pass, he was on target with his passes and frankly looked comfortable in making the progression reads. If he keeps this up, Denver is in good shape and could be a playoff team (note I don't say Super Bowl team).

Regardless, why was he so open?
busted coverages where the Viking CBs thought they had safety help three times and once a great Tebow scramble and the D lost him
I think part of it is that the style of Tebow's play takes Defenses out of their comfort zone and forces them to "think." Do they cover the run or the pass? Do they come up to provide run support or drop back into zone? And IMO that was part of why there were so many blown coverages. You see this often with a QB who can scramble and then throw on the run.

I hope nobody needs Tebow for a playoff game next week. Ugly, ugly matchup.

The Bears are going to present him with a tremendous challenge. :(

Talking head: You can't win in the NFL with this style of QB.

Random FBG: Nods head vigorously.

Tebow: Wins game.

Talking head: You can't win in the NFL with this style of QB.

Random FBG: Nods head vigorously.

Rinse, lather, repeat.

I hope nobody needs Tebow for a playoff game next week. Ugly, ugly matchup.The Bears are going to present him with a tremendous challenge. :(
The Bears can't score 7 points? The worst offense in the NFL right now, and it is not even close.
:confused:
Forte out, QB blows. That team sucks right now. They have D. Broncos have D. A defensive matchup galore. The Denver Tebows win it late again. The only thing that remains is what the crazy ending will be. So far, 2 bonehead QB INT's, a total meltdown by the Jets and Miami. Forget to cover Decker and now Thomas. What's left? Tebow throws it up to himself and runs it 90 yards for the win.

For those keeping score at home: Tebow had only 4 rushes today. Very little zone-read, no option runs. Beoncos were doing most of their damage on the ground from a traditional 2 back set w/Tebow under center.

Progress
I found the little Tebow interview segment on NFLN very interesting. Apparently McCoy told the team at halftime that they weren't changing the script and they weren't changing the plays. That leads me to believe maybe some guys were lobbying to go back to the option but he said no. As much as some guys want to take shots at McCoy, particularly when he doesn't run sneaks on short yardage, when you look at the bigger picture I think he's doing a great job.

'proninja said:
I hope nobody needs Tebow for a playoff game next week. Ugly, ugly matchup.The Bears are going to present him with a tremendous challenge. :(
The Bears can't score 7 points? The worst offense in the NFL right now, and it is not even close.
Forte out, QB blows. That team sucks right now. They have D. Broncos have D. A defensive matchup galore. The Denver Tebows win it late again. The only thing that remains is what the crazy ending will be. So far, 2 bonehead QB INT's, a total meltdown by the Jets and Miami. Forget to cover Decker and now Thomas. What's left? Tebow throws it up to himself and runs it 90 yards for the win.
One thing is very clear, and that is that Tim Tebow can't be given any credit for his team going 1-4 without him and 6-1 with him. That fact is due to every single reason but Tebow. :hifive:
:goodposting: Unless he wins the SB I don't think FavreCo will give him any credit at all.

Forte out, QB blows.
Yeah, thanks. But I was wondering what his reply had to do with what I wrote.
Not much of a challenge to score one TD. :shrug:

Forte out, QB blows.
Yeah, thanks. But I was wondering what his reply had to do with what I wrote.
I'm still not getting what that has to do with Tebow's prospects looking bleak.

I'm still not getting what that has to do with Tebow's prospects looking bleak.
I think they mistook your FF-related comment as an NFL-related one. The Broncos could win this game fairly easily (their point) - and Tebow could have a poor FF-day (your point). The two are not mututally exclusive - Tebow wont necessarily need a good game to beat the Bears and their pass-happy idiotic OC.

Tebow does a great job managing the game, which is more than I thought he was capable of. He doesn't make mistakes, doesn't turn the ball over, and is capable of making a few plays a game, especially when he has a receiver wide open. It's the kind of style that can keep the Broncos competitive with the mid-range teams, and so far, they've made the plays at the end of the game to pull out some close wins. They could just as easily have lost all of these games, and that wouldn't have suprised anyone either. Eventually, the breaks they're getting are going to even out.

It's just not the style or efficiency that a team needs if they're going to win a championship, and Tebow is going to have to drastically improve to ever get to that point. I can only hope that if the Steelers lose out in the division to the Ravens, they get the Broncos in the first round of the playoffs.

I can't stand Tebow. He's an anomaly that degrades the quality of play in the NFL. He had a great day today but his 45% completion % and his 15 minutes are over.

Why exactly will he implode against CHI? The game is at home in Denver. And doesn't CHI have the 30th ranked pass D for fantasy? Why do people think Chicago's defense is so great?

Tebow does a great job managing the game, which is more than I thought he was capable of. He doesn't make mistakes, doesn't turn the ball over, and is capable of making a few plays a game, especially when he has a receiver wide open. It's the kind of style that can keep the Broncos competitive with the mid-range teams, and so far, they've made the plays at the end of the game to pull out some close wins. They could just as easily have lost all of these games, and that wouldn't have suprised anyone either. Eventually, the breaks they're getting are going to even out.

It's just not the style or efficiency that a team needs if they're going to win a championship, and Tebow is going to have to drastically improve to ever get to that point. I can only hope that if the Steelers lose out in the division to the Ravens, they get the Broncos in the first round of the playoffs.
The irony of this post is funny with you being a Steelers fan.

Haters will hate. Broncos are winning, and the primary reason is Von Miller and Tebow. The only stat that counts is W-L.

I'm glad somebody else noticed.

I don't think many QBs would have been able to make the play he made for Thomas' first TD.

I can't stand Tebow. He's an anomaly that degrades the quality of play in the NFL. He had a great day today but his 45% completion % and his 15 minutes are over.
good thing he hasn't had sub 50% completion rate for two games now.

'proninja said:
You can tell who made their mind up about this kid before he played a down in the NFL
:goodposting: And the comments still being made by people here and on channels like ESPN just prove that some people absolutely refuse to admit when they are wrong.

If you're comparing Tebow to how Ben performed early in his career, that's utterly ridiculous. But hey, believe what you want.Ben had a cannon of an arm and was always accurate. His completion percentages were strong and his YPA were always fantastic. Did he have to throw a lot? Nope, he didn't. But he regularly showed that he was capable of doing it, and he was never thought of as a project like Tebow is.

It's possible for someone to acknowledge the good things Tebow has done without being sold on his long term ability to be anything close to a championship quality QB.

'proninja said:
You can tell who made their mind up about this kid before he played a down in the NFL
:goodposting: And the comments still being made by people here and on channels like ESPN just prove that some people absolutely refuse to admit when they are wrong.
Tell me this... have you seen enough of Tebow that you'd be comfortable with annointing him the starting QB of your Broncos for the next 10 years? Just curious.

'proninja said:

If you're comparing Tebow to how Ben performed early in his career, that's utterly ridiculous. But hey, believe what you want.Ben had a cannon of an arm and was always accurate. His completion percentages were strong and his YPA were always fantastic. Did he have to throw a lot? Nope, he didn't. But he regularly showed that he was capable of doing it, and he was never thought of as a project like Tebow is.

It's possible for someone to acknowledge the good things Tebow has done without being sold on his long term ability to be anything close to a championship quality QB.
You seem pretty reasonable to me, fyi
Thanks.I'm more impressed by his poise than anything else, but that was to be expected. He's got leadership qualities that can't be taught. He's gotten a lot of breaks, and he's made some of his own, too.

In the end, his chances of long term success will come down to how well he develops his passing, and from what I can tell he's got a long way to go. A great game won't change that, and neither would a poor game. In the meantime, it's a great story for the NFL.

different styles, sure. What Tebow lacks through the air, he makes up for with his feet. There is more than one way to move a football.The irony is that Ben won a SB by being efficient, not turning the ball over, and making plays when he had to. In 2004 when pitt went 15-1, Ben threw for over 200 yards four times, without ever having the running contribution Tebow has made. Ben also threw 11 picks and 18 TD's in 14 games... pretty good. Tebow, by comparison, is on pace for 22 TDs (combined) and 2 ints over a pro-rated 14 games.

The level of play that the Broncos are getting right now is better than Roethlesberger gave the Steelers in 2004. now, i'm not saying that Denver is a championship quality team...there are lots of missing pieces, especially on defense. But, this is a drastically different scenario than what we were talking about when Denver was 1-4 and thinking about Andrew Luck.

I think the irony comes in from a Steelers fan saying you can't win with an offensive style that emphasizes the run, minimizing turnovers and the occasional big play in the passing game. You know, since that's been the Steelers go to offensive philosophy for most of the last 40 years.

different styles, sure. What Tebow lacks through the air, he makes up for with his feet. There is more than one way to move a football.The irony is that Ben won a SB by being efficient, not turning the ball over, and making plays when he had to. In 2004 when pitt went 15-1, Ben threw for over 200 yards four times, without ever having the running contribution Tebow has made. Ben also threw 11 picks and 18 TD's in 14 games... pretty good. Tebow, by comparison, is on pace for 22 TDs (combined) and 2 ints over a pro-rated 14 games.

The level of play that the Broncos are getting right now is better than Roethlesberger gave the Steelers in 2004. now, i'm not saying that Denver is a championship quality team...there are lots of missing pieces, especially on defense. But, this is a drastically different scenario than what we were talking about when Denver was 1-4 and thinking about Andrew Luck.
Thanks for saying it probably better than I would have.

Users who are viewing this thread