What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Sweet Science Thread*** (4 Viewers)

Anybody else going to get a rosary around the neck tat? Seems like a lot of boxers have it.

Going up two weight classses is always tough.  Never know how it will translate.  Though we have seen a number of fighters do so this year.  Most of them lost but their speed and power did seem to translate ok. 
Agreed. The size difference here is likely too much. I don't see Rigo breaking Loma's facial bones with 1 punch like he was able to do at lower weights. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Conlan showed great distance control. He doesn't quite fight well going backward yet so I thought he did what needed to be done.

Would love to see him sit down on some punches late. But it's all distance so far

I am worried it will be a pretty boring fight- Rigo wants it that way- he likes a slower tempo. HBO is likelier to have the action fights. The skill and talent ESPN has tonight is an A though. Generational level stuff. 
I can't believe this is a an ESPN card tbh. I know neither guy is a huge name, but both have been beltholders for years. ESPN has been getting solid fights but imo im shocked this isn't on SHO or HBO. such an intriguing fight 

I can't believe this is a an ESPN card tbh. I know neither guy is a huge name, but both have been beltholders for years. ESPN has been getting solid fights but imo im shocked this isn't on SHO or HBO. such an intriguing fight 
Oh yeah, this is a fight of the year type #### 

Conlan vs Shakur would be a lot of fun. It's way too early now, but at the same time, why not do it now and again in 3 years?

• Smile
Reactions: GOB
Conlan should be disappointed if he doesn't take him out in the sixth. No way this guy should be hanging around. 

Lots of pauses for Rigo, which isn't good for him. Lomanchenko spending a lot of energy trying to break from the clinch. 

Rigo just looked super frustrated with his power seemingly having no effect, the issues with the breaks and loma’s skill.

In the end, it was an impossible task for Rigo. Too small and too old. He was likely just looking for 1 decent payday before he retires. It's too bad Rigo and fans were robbed of what should have been a longer and illustrious career. The guy had to overcome so much more adversity than nearly any other boxer on the planet.

3 prospect fights before the main event isn't a good look. They should've had a legit fight for the co-main, shown everything but Loma-Rigo on ESPNews or something, and gone right into the main event after the Heisman.

Also I feel for Rigo, whether he was asking out or if the hand injury is legit. He had to take on too tall of an order because nobody else worthwhile will even get near him, he can fight in a way that a lot of American boxing fans find boring, and the media and people like Arum do him no favors.

That said, all credit to Loma, what a monster. The only problem with him is that I don't know if there's any matchup out there that's going to give him any issues. Might have to go all the way up to Garcia at 140?

Also I feel for Rigo, whether he was asking out or if the hand injury is legit. He had to take on too tall of an order because nobody else worthwhile will even get near him, he can fight in a way that a lot of American boxing fans find boring, and the media and people like Arum do him no favors.

That said, all credit to Loma, what a monster. The only problem with him is that I don't know if there's any matchup out there that's going to give him any issues. Might have to go all the way up to Garcia at 140?
Loma vs Garcia is the only big fight that makes sense. Garcia is bigger but at least he's a guy also moving up in weight to 140. 

Loma-Rigo did not live up to the hype, which was sad but not really surprising.

One last "name" fight left this year, and it's an interesting one - Billy Joe Saunders vs David Lemieux. 

Lemeuix looks a little fatigued/drained.  Either way this seems to be a bad matchup for him.  :popcorn:

he needs to go to the body heavy and try to land later. 

Lemeuix footwork is too linear and slow. Can't cut the ring off in any shape tonight.

Open up, BJS. 

BJS is pretty impressive here. He looks like a huge middleweight to me. Reminds a bit of Toney-Jones a bit here without the showmanship. 

Users who are viewing this thread