What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Sweet Science Thread*** (3 Viewers)

I think he is going to move up at some point.  Yes, size is an issue, but he is a driven fighter.  I love watching him fight.

Dude obviously won the round where he put Loma on his butt, but I don't think he won more than a round, maybe 2 besides that.  And the knockdown wasn't damaging either, Loma was not "rocked" 
I don't remember which round but I waffled and ultimately gave a close one to Linares and had it even at the time of the stoppage.  Good fight, nice to see Loma pushed and respond.

And Jaime was overwhelming against Ali.  Really wish he hadn't been nixed as the fill-in vs GGG.

Not getting a lot of attention but tonight's Stevenson-Jack fight on Showtime should be explosive.  First pick-em fight in a while too.

Mos def, keith...ive been a fan of Gary Russell Jr since his Olympic days so excited for that fight as well.

I swear Badou Jack fought like 2 months ago, but i guess not hah

Hahaha #### you boxing.

The ref really was lousy. I'm actually ok with the scorecards though I had it 116-112 Jack. 

Stevenson's obviously got a nuke, but he really doesn't impress me much as a fighter at this point, granted he is pretty old. But I think Kovalev or even Bivol would beat him up. 

I think Badou got hosed. Where is this sentiment coming from where AS won the first 5-6 rds?! I cant recall which one Jack won of the 6, but especially the first 3 rds announcers were giving to Stevenson essentially because hes the champ & in his hometown. Neither guy landed even 10 punches in any of the first 3 rds. The fight went from dud to entertaining because of Badou. He DOMINATED the 2nd half of the fight. All the compubox back him up as well.

I understand you still have to score round by round, but at the end of the day, it was clear who won this fight.

Russell looked very sharp. Smartly kept the fight on the outside and moved well off his jab, never staying right in front of Diaz. 
He did look good. As mentioned, id like to see him vs winner of Santa cruz-Mares. In the post fight interview Russell said he hurt his hand again though, not sure if its fractured or not. That hand has been his kryptonite his whole career.

I think Badou got hosed. Where is this sentiment coming from where AS won the first 5-6 rds?! I cant recall which one Jack won of the 6, but especially the first 3 rds announcers were giving to Stevenson essentially because hes the champ & in his hometown. Neither guy landed even 10 punches in any of the first 3 rds. The fight went from dud to entertaining because of Badou. He DOMINATED the 2nd half of the fight. All the compubox back him up as well.

I understand you still have to score round by round, but at the end of the day, it was clear who won this fight.
I wasn't scoring carefully, but a draw seems about right. Stevenson was edging most of those, but not by much. And he did dominate the 2nd half. Boxing scoring is flawed.

Maybe Adonis was doing the right thing holding that belt hostage, he looked like dog####. Kovalev would liquify him.

Interesting featherweight fight on FS1 right now.  Both fighters knocked down in the first 2 rounds.  Nyambyar goes down in the first, Escandon goes down twice in the second.  No way this one goes 10.

Interesting featherweight fight on FS1 right now.  Both fighters knocked down in the first 2 rounds.  Nyambyar goes down in the first, Escandon goes down twice in the second.  No way this one goes 10.
Nyambayar KOs him a minute-and-a-half into the 3rd.  Escandon knocked down twice in the 3rd again, and the ref stops it after the 3rd knockdown.  Really a surprising result as Escandon was much more active early and scored a first round knockdown.

Nyambayar KOs him a minute-and-a-half into the 3rd.  Escandon knocked down twice in the 3rd again, and the ref stops it after the 3rd knockdown.  Really a surprising result as Escandon was much more active early and scored a first round knockdown.
Some dude knocked out cold in 36 seconds in the next fight.  This is a fun card.

Right, I see there is a free 7 day thing but come on. I pay a million dollars for cable, rarely ever watch espn and then they throw this fight on other ####? 
I did hear they have a lot of old fights in there.  I’ll check it out for the 7 days but otherwise I’ll prolly cancel.  That reminds me i need to sign up for YouTube red too and watch karate kid 

I did hear they have a lot of old fights in there.  I’ll check it out for the 7 days but otherwise I’ll prolly cancel.  That reminds me i need to sign up for YouTube red too and watch karate kid 
Let me know how the fight database is but man there is only 1 Karate Kid. 

Let us know your thoughts.  I havent signed up bc I have the Showtime card to watch tonight.  Pulling for Trout to pull the major upset
Can you let me know when that fight starts?  Going to dvr showtime but if it starts prior to crawford ill watch that first.

Boxing sure likes to make it hard for casual fans to watch the fights that would increase their fan base. F you and your app, ESPN. 
I was going to say the same thing, but this new ESPN+ isnt just for boxing. Theyre overestimating this idea however id have to think, at least for boxing for sure. Theres no way they get good enough fights for fans to pay just for boxing, and id guess u could say that for most sports theyre crossing thei fingers on.

Users who are viewing this thread