What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Sweet Science Thread*** (5 Viewers)

@PinkydaPimp Berlanga fight coming up soon. Exciting Brookyln kid who has 14 fights and 14 first round KOs. They also said he is friends with Fat Joe and Tracy Morgan. So that is quite a build up lol

@PinkydaPimp Berlanga fight coming up soon. Exciting Brookyln kid who has 14 fights and 14 first round KOs. They also said he is friends with Fat Joe and Tracy Morgan. So that is quite a build up lol
I saw one article called him the Puerto Rican Mike Tyson - I'm pretty interested to see this kid go up against a decent test tonight.

I saw one article called him the Puerto Rican Mike Tyson - I'm pretty interested to see this kid go up against a decent test tonight.
Puerto Rican Mike Tyson? Given the 1% chance he can even come close to living up to that, I am way in on this guy. 

well he didn't disappoint tonight  :thumbup:
I thought it was an early stoppage but on replay, the guys eyes were confused and scared. He was badly hurt. It was early, but he also saved that guy from getting terribly hurt. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a day or 2 ago it was the 1 year anniversary of Patrick Day dying from a brain injury suffered during a fight. I always want to see the big KO but I also get why we have to trust the ref to protect the fighters when they can't protect themselves. 

Finally got around to watching the fight.  Was a bit slow up front but ended up being a pretty good one, I thought.  I had it 7-5 Lopez.....gave him the first 6 and the 12th.  I was kinda expecting some shenanigans in favor of Loma but 119-109 to Lopez?  Not sure on that card.

Loma gave away at least half the fight with his inactivity (usual slow starter plus rust plus age). Lopez fought a smart, disciplined fight winning at last 7-8 of the 12 rounds. That 119-109 card is Adelaide Byrd bad but at least she got the winner right. No rematch clause so doubt we see this fight again. Lopez will likely move up to 140 and Loma does not belong anywhere near that division.

Crawford/Brook this weekend. This is somewhere between a legit fight and tune-up for Crawford.  By all accounts, Paq or Spence are next for Crawford so he should be plenty motivated to stop Brook.

Cant wait for Crawford tonight...i think this is a better fight than most think, Kell brook is solid
I am looking forward to it.  Hard to say what Brook you will get after his losses and eye injuries but hes talented and big.  And hes not scared to let his hands go. 

Not sure i agree with that decision on 1st fight...looked like Maloney beat him, didnt see any headbutt.

Also not sure ive seen a decision take that long

Good win.  Brook looked like he was done as soon as that eye got tested.  :shrug:   Now can we see Bud against one of the top guys?  Porter?  Thurman?  Spence? 

Crawford versus either Paq or Spence for the first of 2021. Would would much prefer Crawford/Spence.

Franco/Maloney fight was a debacle. Maloney got robbed since there was no head butt and the " review " took about 4 times longer than the actual fight.

Crawford versus either Paq or Spence for the first of 2021. Would would much prefer Crawford/Spence.

Franco/Maloney fight was a debacle. Maloney got robbed since there was no head butt and the " review " took about 4 times longer than the actual fight.
Paq more likely since they apparently had a deal in place before Covid killed the fight.  But thats the fight i dont really want to happen.  A bit too dangerous for Manny at this stage in his career imo.  Spence definitely wont happen in early 21.  Id like to see Porter tbh.  Then Spence or more likely someone else like thurman or Garcia then Spence.

Good win.  Brook looked like he was done as soon as that eye got tested.  :shrug:   Now can we see Bud against one of the top guys?  Porter?  Thurman?  Spence? 
the punch that got Brook in trouble was almost a jab.  like most fighters his jaw is gone, thus so is he.  

the punch that got Brook in trouble was almost a jab.  like most fighters his jaw is gone, thus so is he.  
Yeah Kell lunged right into it. He was done.  He’s fortunate refs today are much quicker to end fights than they were 20 years ago. 

Users who are viewing this thread