What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Sweet Science Thread*** (4 Viewers)

I don't hate the 2 minute rounds, forces the issue, good concession to get these older fighters out here

But awful that Jones didn't get in shape for this, he's winded and the grabbing is an awful presentation

That said, still digging it

Really happy i didn't pay for this. Tyson beat the living daylights out of him every round. Jones should be arrested for stealing for his effort tonight. 

Was it ever in doubt without a KO or TKO?
:lmao: not really when I saw you couldn't bet on it but they needed to work this fight a little more.  Roy shouldn't have been rewarded for this, as it stands he's lucky he didn't have a heart attack, he's still huffing 15 minutes later

a draw???
Despite a WBC belt being on the line, Foster said there would be no CSAC judges scoring the bout and no winner would be declared.

“There’s no winner going to be announced,” Foster said.

“I do think that’s very important to get out there. The unofficial scores are for entertainment only and that’s done by the WBC remotely.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/boxing/news/mike-tyson-roy-jones-jr-rules-no-knockout-clause/p1iqx8eonr8f148b49xbo8z3e

:lmao: not really when I saw you couldn't bet on it but they needed to work this fight a little more.  Roy shouldn't have been rewarded for this, as it stands he's lucky he didn't have a heart attack, he's still huffing 15 minutes later
This was the plan all along. Roy wants to fight anderson silva.  Mike wanted a big name to launch his company.  Maybe he fights holyfield next or lennox?  Jake Paul will fight Mcgregor since thats almost set.    All in all it was successful. Its kind of like a realistic WWE?  :shrug:

Can't say I've ever enjoyed a Roy Jones Jr fight.  He typically danced around and did his best to do anything but box.  He's the boxer you'd be a fan of if you also really appreciate James Harden's ability to get to the free throw line or a hitter's keen eye for drawing walks.

Glad to read the people that watched the fight felt Mike Tyson kicked his ###.  NOT surprised, at all, that Roy Jones somehow avoided a loss (official or otherwise).

Despite a WBC belt being on the line, Foster said there would be no CSAC judges scoring the bout and no winner would be declared.

“There’s no winner going to be announced,” Foster said.

“I do think that’s very important to get out there. The unofficial scores are for entertainment only and that’s done by the WBC remotely.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/boxing/news/mike-tyson-roy-jones-jr-rules-no-knockout-clause/p1iqx8eonr8f148b49xbo8z3e
I think its the massage of egos here.  I wondered what the "no knockouts" thing was about if one of them got caught with one.  

I'm ok with it being a draw but why have the judges or any of this parade around it?

Spence/Garcia this Saturday.

The only question is, what version of Spence do we get here ? If its the pre-accident Spence, he should win this handily. If its a diminished Spence, then the fight is closer but I think Spence still wins. 

Spence/Crawford in 2021.

Spence/Garcia this Saturday.

The only question is, what version of Spence do we get here ? If its the pre-accident Spence, he should win this handily. If its a diminished Spence, then the fight is closer but I think Spence still wins. 

Spence/Crawford in 2021.
I’m very excited for this and it should be a good fight.  I agree i don’t know what to expect from Spence.  His interviews he just still seems off.  Way he talks, not as witty.  I dunno.  I can’t see him getting cleared if he had any brain issues but that does concern me.  Frankly i would have preferred he did a tuneup. But maybe that means he is fine?  We shall see.  

Saw Spence earlier this week on first take, hes basically considering this a tune up fight..ive never liked Garcia but hes solid..def better than id expect for Spence first fight after a brutal crash

Saw Spence earlier this week on first take, hes basically considering this a tune up fight..ive never liked Garcia but hes solid..def better than id expect for Spence first fight after a brutal crash
yea id have preferred a tune up.  But i have to assume they are confident hes fine if they are willing to take this risk.  Before the accident i thought this would be an easy win for Spence.  So assuming hes not impacted, it still should be.  Im predicting Spence by UD.  But that xfactor is always there. 

Users who are viewing this thread