What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can you negotiate with DirecTV? (1 Viewer)

My discounts run out at the end of Wednesday, 8/15 so I called the normal customer service number. They could only offer $25 off total. Politely said no so they said they could transfer me to a VIP Account Manager. All he could offer was $60 off...nothing else. Again, politely said no thanks and to schedule me for disconnect on 8/16 at midnight. Now I wait for an email or call but I'm guessing it won't happen until it is officially disconnected. Will update later.
Well I set up my disconnect for midnight on 8/16, woke up this a.m. to it being shut off a day early. Do I call and complain or just wait for the callback or email?

Well I set up my disconnect for midnight on 8/16, woke up this a.m. to it being shut off a day early. Do I call and complain or just wait for the callback or email?
Same here. Scheduled disconnect for this Thursday. Woke up to a disconnect email. Oh well. I'll wait until lunch at least.

Same here. Scheduled disconnect for this Thursday. Woke up to a disconnect email. Oh well. I'll wait until lunch at least.
Just curious, what time did you get your email? Mine was 4:30 a.m. If I don't hear anything by noon, I will call the 870 # and maybe use the early cutoff as a bargaining chip. :)  

I called up and it sounded like the email was premature. I went forward with negotiations and was satisfied with a B+.

12 month discount of $65

6 month discount to ioffset sportspack 13.99

6 month free cinemax

1 time 48.99 credit to offset 1 ST max payment.

$100 visa gift card

6 months free cinemax

So monthly payment for Xtra plus SportsPak, ST Max for 2 Tvs is 109 plus tax for 6 months then 43 for 6 months.

I might have done a little better by waiting a day but i was good with it.

I just called the 870 number and lowered my bill from $195 to $68.95 a month for 12 months! Full Premiere package and Sunday NFL Ticket. 
Did you have to cancel?  My last credits hit on the bill I just paid, so thinking of making the call this week.  Would like to not have to go through the whole rigmarole of actjually canceling then calling back, but will if that's the only way.

THANKS! 

It seems Malik is full of crap. Sunday Ticket Max wasn't showing up on my online account, so I hopped on chat to get confirmation. Apparently, Malik didn't make any notes concerning STM, so they had to put in a ticket for them to contact me in the next 7-10 days. The monthly bill will be drastically reduced, but I want free STM.

It seems Malik is full of crap. Sunday Ticket Max wasn't showing up on my online account, so I hopped on chat to get confirmation. Apparently, Malik didn't make any notes concerning STM, so they had to put in a ticket for them to contact me in the next 7-10 days. The monthly bill will be drastically reduced, but I want free STM.
Oh Malik!  What have you done?!

This sounds about right. ATT sucks at following thru.

I started to wonder what Malik's hustle was.Is it a numbers game getting people to reup?  Anyway, after seeing your post I checked my bill. Discounts, HBO, MAX, were there. I was placed in Choice All vs Xtra, no Showtime 6 mos, and no ST Max. I went through chat tonight, said only reason back with DT is the deal I was offered. She didn't see notes about Showtime & DT. I didn't have a confirmation number but had time on Saturday I made call & rep's name. Didn't want to throw him under bus but she came back & asked rep's name so I had to snitch. Hey - its him or the Raiders and we know where Raider Nation stands.

She escalated my issue and said I would receive resolution via email in 5-7 days. Can't believe Malik will be there for his promises in 11 - 12 months, but we all know this is a year to year game.

Did you have to cancel?  My last credits hit on the bill I just paid, so thinking of making the call this week.  Would like to not have to go through the whole rigmarole of actjually canceling then calling back, but will if that's the only way.

THANKS! 
I called with the "intention" of cancelling, knowing it was never going to happen. But they didn't know that!

Just called. Out of contract and didn't have the energy to play the game this year. Since I was out of contract they took $55 off a month and gave me 6 months free HBO, making my bill lower than last year by a few bucks. I rarely used STMax last year so I didn't feel like fighting for it.

12 min call, good enough for me.

For anyone that got the free 6 months of HBO, is your on demand working?  Mine is saying "not subscribed"...but regular HBO channels work

So....is this 870 number everyone is talking about the 870.345.3640? Or, is there a different 870 number that is better?

And, what are people asking for when they call this number?

So....is this 870 number everyone is talking about the 870.345.3640? Or, is there a different 870 number that is better?

And, what are people asking for when they call this number?
I just called this number about an hour ago and got a female named Luz.  She said since my account was still active, she was unable to help me but I could call her back once the cancellation was processed (scheduled for tonight) and she could offer me deals.  She gave me a different number to call, which sounded like a number directly to her (I don't have the number on me, but can post it when I update).  She then asked if I would like to know what could be offered before she transferred me to the main DTV number, so I said sure.

She said my current bill is approximately $135.00, which is accurate now that my credits have expired, and said she could offer me $95.00 off for 12 months and free Sunday Ticket.  Needless to say, I proceeded with cancellation and will report back if I get the quoted deal tomorrow when I call!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, and there is usually an early subscriber deal before August 1st for returning customers.  I should be able to get it $20 or so cheaper.  
I'm mostly set up.  Went between all 3 games last night streaming GP app on iPad to and Nvidia Shield (highly recommend).  I am looking to get the Android app so I can load it on the Shield and use it directly, but the streaming from my iPad was crystal clear and not jumpy at all.   Thanks again!  :thumbup:

Just made the first call (to the regular 800 number.) Told them I wanted to cancel purely because of cost and that I had a better offer from Dish. They offered me the $60/month and free ST Max. I was tempted to just take it but I went ahead and scheduled the disconnection for Monday. She then told me they would have "great winback offers" for me after the disconnection went through.

Osaurus said:
I'm mostly set up.  Went between all 3 games last night streaming GP app on iPad to and Nvidia Shield (highly recommend).  I am looking to get the Android app so I can load it on the Shield and use it directly, but the streaming from my iPad was crystal clear and not jumpy at all.   Thanks again!  :thumbup:
Awesome.  I haven't pulled the trigger yet, watched the first preseason game using a reddit stream with no issues at all.  Trying again on Saturday.  Might end up paying $0.  I have a HTPC dedicated to my entertainment center and big screen.

Made the call, I forgot the name of person I talked to. 

Ended up with..

Sunday Ticket Max, NBA League Pass, Directv Sports Package for 6 months, HBO for 6 months, Showtime for 4 months, $60 off for 12 months. She also stated there were (2) $10 discounts I was eligible for that were applied. I already have a $30 discount for 10 months remaining. 

Titans_fan said:
I just called this number about an hour ago and got a female named Luz.  She said since my account was still active, she was unable to help me but I could call her back once the cancellation was processed (scheduled for tonight) and she could offer me deals.  She gave me a different number to call, which sounded like a number directly to her (I don't have the number on me, but can post it when I update).  She then asked if I would like to know what could be offered before she transferred me to the main DTV number, so I said sure.

She said my current bill is approximately $135.00, which is accurate now that my credits have expired, and said she could offer me $95.00 off for 12 months and free Sunday Ticket.  Needless to say, I proceeded with cancellation and will report back if I get the quoted deal tomorrow when I call!
Just curious.....why wouldn't you accept this offer? Your bill would be $40 per month for 12 months and then you call again and negotiate. And, free ST. What more were you holding out for?

Thanks for responding.

I’ve had directv for close to 20 years and never had any discounts. I’m paying about 170 a month right now with Sunday ticket next 5 months. What do I need to do? Call and say I want to switch to Dish or what?

Spent about 2-3 hours calling tonight, finally got a guy who offered me a $49 credit (for the first ST payment I already made) and $55/month for 12 months, with no contract.  I got a lot of runaround prior to that, so I went ahead and took it.

I’ve had directv for close to 20 years and never had any discounts. I’m paying about 170 a month right now with Sunday ticket next 5 months. What do I need to do? Call and say I want to switch to Dish or what?
call and say you are interested in lowering the amount of your bill and would like to see if there are any current promotions running.

call and say you are interested in lowering the amount of your bill and would like to see if there are any current promotions running.
Then tell them you have friends that have received over $1,000 off per year so you want that. So you figure they owe you $20,000. Can they put it on a Visa gift card?

Just curious.....why wouldn't you accept this offer? Your bill would be $40 per month for 12 months and then you call again and negotiate. And, free ST. What more were you holding out for?

Thanks for responding.
Yeah that seemed like a good deal to me

Thanks for responding.
Sorry, that wasn't very clear.  She couldn't offer me that deal until I went through the cancellation process and called back.  I went to the cancellation department following my conversation with her and set up cancellation for Friday.  The service was cancelled when I woke up this morning.

Called her back at her direct number (855-291-0398, name is Luz) and got the exact offer she quoted me yesterday.  Just over $40 for 3 TVs, Choice package and Sunday Ticket Max for the next 12 months.  She said I was eligible for other sports packages and 2 months of Showtime as well, but I declined those options since I wasn't interested.

She also told me to call back in July next year before this discount expires to ensure I don't get surprised buy a high bill once the credit falls off.  She was very helpful and that number I provided did get me directly to her.  Again, I DID have to cancel before she could hook me up, but it was well worth being without DTV for a few hours.

Just cancelled. Off tonight at midnight. They offered me some bs to stay but not good enough.  

Too early to call tomorrow?

Has anyone tried to negotiate a new internet package along with cable package? I'm still on Internet 45 or whatever and need to upgrade to fiber 1000

used 877-345-3640.

they knocked off a flat $120 per month for a year.  will charge for the ST, but give me max.  while i have had better deals in the past, I am ok with this (about $1500 for the year).

Users who are viewing this thread