What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ryan talks trash only one person can cover Moss (1 Viewer)

Gopher State

Footballguy
Fresh off of a humbling defeat at the hands of the Ravens on Monday evening, Jets coach Rex Ryan immediately began talking trash about his Week 2 opponent, the Patriots, according to the New York Daily News. "There's only one guy in this league that can cover Randy Moss," Ryan said. "And that's Darrelle Revis. Nobody else."

Fresh off of a humbling defeat at the hands of the Ravens on Monday evening, Jets coach Rex Ryan immediately began talking trash about his Week 2 opponent, the Patriots, according to the New York Daily News. "There's only one guy in this league that can cover Randy Moss," Ryan said. "And that's Darrelle Revis. Nobody else."
Too bad the Jets don't have anyone to cover Welker.

That's the most complimentary "trash talking" I've ever seen.

"Randy, did you see what Ryan said about you? He said there was only one guy in the league that can cover you."

"One guy? One guy!@!!@$!!@ I'll show him!"

Sounds like a much bigger compliment than trash talking to me.

Yeah, how is that trash talk?

Welker in for a BIG day as he'll have that rookie CB twisting around in circles all day long.

This song and dance is so old. Ryan should focus on why opposing DB's feel bad for collecting their game checks after playing that offense of his.

It'll be so sweet watching the Jets start 0-2 after all their hype

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Rexy may be putting up a smoke screen. The Jets should have Revis cover Welker. Double cover Moss and let the NE vaunted running game try to beat you.

Snotbubbles said:
Gopher State said:
Too bad the Jets don't have anyone to cover Welker.
they have Antonio Cromartie though ... he might lead the league in hugs this season

I think Rexy may be putting up a smoke screen. The Jets should have Revis cover Welker. Double cover Moss and let the NE vaunted running game try to beat you.
I think he is hoping he goads them into throwing to Moss because Cromartie can't cover anyone and Wilson is a rookie who also got torched week 1. This is not your typical bulletin board material. If they stay away from Revis, whoever he is on, and target Cromartie and Wilson, Brady carves those bums up.

Last edited by a moderator:
so if Revis covers moss, and they double cover welker, the plan may work....

or maybe they switch it up and have Revis cover welker and double cover moss?

either way, I look forward to seeing this matchup.

I'll be cheering for the Pats to win.. somewhere in the neighborhood of 84-0 sounds good to me.

Not much of a zing against Moss. As others said, he is really giving Moss a pretty big complement. He thinks he has the best CB in the NFL. He thinks the best CB in the NFL is the only player in the world capable of covering Moss. I don't agree that Revis can, at least not alone. But this is not a slam in the least.

I think it was a smart thing to say. He knows they can't cover the other guys. Why not pride them into throwing to the only guy they can cover?

Matthias said:
That's the most complimentary "trash talking" I've ever seen.

"Randy, did you see what Ryan said about you? He said there was only one guy in the league that can cover you."

"One guy? One guy!@!!@$!!@ I'll show him!"

Sounds like a much bigger compliment than trash talking to me.
The point that Moss will take from this is not that only one person is able to cover him but rather that Ryan said Revis can and (by extension) will shut him down.

Users who are viewing this thread