What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, WAS (5 Viewers)

What's the logic again of TB pulling Fitz during any game?  Their season is lost and they don't want to pay Winston.  What am I missing?
I don't know that they'll pull him again during a game like Chicago.  My argument is that the $21M injury guarantee is not something they're (the Glazers) are worried about.  If they were he'd be inactive on game days.  As it is he's been the backup and if Fitz were injured in game he'd be playing.  They have Ryan Griffin on the roster as well, so if they were 100% sure they were moving on from Winston after this year Griffin would be active and backing up Fitz.

What's the logic again of TB pulling Fitz during any game?  Their season is lost and they don't want to pay Winston.  What am I missing?
Between the 2 of them, they've thrown 18 INTs in the last 7 games.  Maybe coaches keep swapping them out so that neither sets a record for turnovers.

I don't know that they'll pull him again during a game like Chicago.  My argument is that the $21M injury guarantee is not something they're (the Glazers) are worried about.  If they were he'd be inactive on game days.  As it is he's been the backup and if Fitz were injured in game he'd be playing.  They have Ryan Griffin on the roster as well, so if they were 100% sure they were moving on from Winston after this year Griffin would be active and backing up Fitz.
It'd be pretty remarkable if ownership were making gameday inactive decisions.  That's Jerry Jones level meddling.  At least he's the GM.

It'd be pretty remarkable if ownership were making gameday inactive decisions.  That's Jerry Jones level meddling.  At least he's the GM.
So you don't think if the owner had already made the decision to move on from Winston after this year they wouldn't tell the coaching staff to make him inactive to insure he doesn't get injured?

So you don't think if the owner had already made the decision to move on from Winston after this year they wouldn't tell the coaching staff to make him inactive to insure he doesn't get injured?
To clarify, I didn't mean to imply you're wrong here.  Just making the point that what you're suggesting would be a pretty astonishing level of meddling. 

You've got the owner making a "move on" decision instead of the General Manager, Head Coach, and everyone else on the football operations side, and dictating gameday inactives based upon that.

But that may indeed happen. I surely can't say it won't.

To clarify, I didn't mean to imply you're wrong here.  Just making the point that what you're suggesting would be a pretty astonishing level of meddling. 

You've got the owner making a "move on" decision instead of the General Manager, Head Coach, and everyone else on the football operations side, and dictating gameday inactives based upon that.

But that may indeed happen. I surely can't say it won't.
My point is simply that anyone counting on Fitz to remain the starter for the rest of the season for fantasy purposes shouldn't be.  He is on a short leash.  As is Koetter.

Well that clears nothing up.  If there was anyone out there to consider I might make a change for my backup QB.  Gotta admit it makes me nervous having to rely on Fitz in a playoff game.

Yeah, it's part of Fitzpatrick narrative he doesn't do well in colder conditions. Some of his worst games as a Bill and Jet QB came in cold, icy weather.

He just fumbled a pass without being touched.  And I think he just turned it over by not making 4th and 1 with a QB sneak.  Str8 trash.  

Int in endzone.  Everyone on the team and in the city of TB clamoring for this guy are getting what they deserve.  

Amazing how Fitzpatrick can play so far on opposite ends of the spectrum.  I'd be really upset but Roethlisberger has done just as bad.  Crappy day for me, it happens.

Between the 2 of them, they've thrown 18 INTs in the last 7 games.  Maybe coaches keep swapping them out so that neither sets a record for turnovers.
22 INTs in the last 8 games.  Just keep swapping them out so that neither ends up with a 40 INT season on their resume.

What’s the plan here? He will hit fitzmagic for a 5 game stretch and will cost the Dolphins‘ draft spots while they are looking for a longterm solution at QB. 

What’s the plan here? He will hit fitzmagic for a 5 game stretch and will cost the Dolphins‘ draft spots while they are looking for a longterm solution at QB. 
They have no o-line and below average skill players so I doubt Fitzmagic is going to happen.

Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald feels Ryan Fitzpatrick has outperformed Josh Rosen through the early portion of OTAs.

Fitzpatrick has been a tad sharper in the early going, though Jackson concedes that Rosen has "also played well." New coach Brian Flores insists the starting job is up for grabs, though it would ultimately be a shock if Rosen, the tenth overall pick in last year's draft, wasn't under center for Week 1.

RELATED: 

Josh Rosen

SOURCE: Miami Herald

May 24, 2019, 3:10 PM ET

Ryan Fitzpatrick worked as the first-team quarterback Thursday at the start of Dolphins training camp.

It's no surprise after Fitzpatrick roundly outplayed Rosen throughout the team's offseason program. The Dolphins need to see what they have in Rosen ahead of what should be a stacked quarterback class in 2020, but coach Brian Flores contends the starting job will be entirely based on merit. FitzMagic sprinkled in a few moments of brilliance last year and even outplayed Jameis Winston during certain stretches, but there's a reason the meltdown-prone gunslinger is on his eighth team in 15 seasons. Regardless of who earns top billing in South Beach, this is a situation fantasy owners will want to steer clear of.

RELATED: 

Josh Rosen

SOURCE: ProFootballTalk on NBC Sports

Jul 25, 2019, 11:50 AM ET

Dolphins coach Brian Flores said Ryan Fitzpatrick is leading the quarterback competition.

As The Athletic's Chris Perkins put it, the coach was just "confirming what everyone has seen" so far in camp. There is still time for Josh Rosen to turn things around, but he has reportedly struggled so far in his Dolphins tenure. The most likely outcome is both Fitzpatrick and Rosen making starts this season.

SOURCE: Chris Perkins on Twitter

Jul 30, 2019, 10:06 AM ET

Dolphins coach Brian Flores said Ryan Fitzpatrick will start the preseason opener.

"I see Fitz going with the ones," Flores said before admitting, "that could change." Josh Rosen has reportedly made a charge over the last several practices, but Fitzpatrick is still atop the depth chart heading into preseason play. Both should make starts this season.

SOURCE: Adam Beasley on Twitter

Aug 6, 2019, 10:10 AM ET

Dolphins coach Brian Flores said Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't a lock to start Week 1.

Fitzpatrick is starting Miami's third preseason game, a sign he's still ahead of Josh Rosen. Flores left open the possibility for Rosen to pass Fitzpatrick, but Rosen has been too inconsistent to this point. Even if Fitzpatrick holds off Rosen to start the season, his leash figures to be short.

SOURCE: Armando Salguero on Twitter

Aug 19, 2019, 11:08 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread