Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Otis' sick gambling run

Otis

Put in a few hundo for tomorrow's NFL action. Sitting drinking wine with the wife, and after getting the blackjack high last week with her in AC (we went up 8 grand but blackout drunk at 5am and Otised it all away), I saw that little blackjack game up in the corner and started playing.

I'm now sitting on $18,413.00. That's after playing a few NFL parlays for tomorrow.

Wife tried to get me to take it out, but because I've never withdrawn from this place and they don't have my info on file, we can't withdraw right away.

Wife thinks I'm crazy, but I think it would be pretty sweet to let it all ride on one NFL game tomorrow. Maybe the Jets? Even if we lose, this is house money, and what a blast watching that game would be.

Thoughts? Questions? Comments? TIA

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put in a few hundo for tomorrow's NFL action. Sitting drinking wine with the wife, and after getting the blackjack high last week with her in AC (we went up 8 grand but blackout drunk at 5am and Otised it all away), I saw that little blackjack game up in the corner and started playing.I'm now sitting on $18,413.00. That's after playing a few NFL parlays for tomorrow.Wife tried to get me to take it out, but because I've never withdrawn from this place and they don't have my info on file, we can't withdraw right away. Wife thinks I'm crazy, but I think it would be pretty sweet to let it all ride on one NFL game tomorrow. Maybe the Jets? Even if we lose, this is house money, and what a blast watching that game would be.Thoughts? Questions? Comments? TIA

Jets are 0-2 on the road and playing at a division rival, that would take some balls.

Put in a few hundo for tomorrow's NFL action. Sitting drinking wine with the wife, and after getting the blackjack high last week with her in AC (we went up 8 grand but blackout drunk at 5am and Otised it all away), I saw that little blackjack game up in the corner and started playing.I'm now sitting on $18,413.00. That's after playing a few NFL parlays for tomorrow.Wife tried to get me to take it out, but because I've never withdrawn from this place and they don't have my info on file, we can't withdraw right away. Wife thinks I'm crazy, but I think it would be pretty sweet to let it all ride on one NFL game tomorrow. Maybe the Jets? Even if we lose, this is house money, and what a blast watching that game would be.Thoughts? Questions? Comments? TIA

Jets are 0-2 on the road and playing at a division rival, that would take some balls.
If I've got anything, it's that.

It's not 'house money', it's your money. Don't be a dummy.ETA: Invest it in AAPL. Safest bet you could make.

take it out. Congrats. You're probably 1/10th of the way to a 2030 college education.

1/10th? Certainly not a private school education. In 2030 an average private school education could average roughly $350k for a 4 year program. Note that this number assumes a much slower growth in college costs than we have seen the past 20 years.

helped a friend bet 40 grand on an NFL game. wasn't even my money but that was pretty nuts. kind of sucks when you lose and have nothing to show for it.

if you want some serious advice, I'd say put some on a game and withdraw the rest. maybe take out 10k and bet the rest. win/win. if you double the 8k or so, you're thrilled. if you don't, you still walk away with 2 household repairs worth of loot.

helped a friend bet 40 grand on an NFL game. wasn't even my money but that was pretty nuts. kind of sucks when you lose and have nothing to show for it.if you want some serious advice, I'd say put some on a game and withdraw the rest. maybe take out 10k and bet the rest. win/win. if you double the 8k or so, you're thrilled. if you don't, you still walk away with 2 household repairs worth of loot.

:subscribe:

You're so irresponsible dude. I won 1800 in cards last night. I'm gonna use 1k of it to go out with Cindy Mancini for a month and put the other 800 in a money market account.

Grow up.

You're so irresponsible dude. I won 1800 in cards last night. I'm gonna use 1k of it to go out with Cindy Mancini for a month and put the other 800 in a money market account. Grow up.

What the #### do you care? Go fire up some more terrible Red Foreman shtick.

Put 15K on New Orleans. Give your GB Chase the difference between what you now have and $30K. That way, I'll be close to even after dinner last week. And you'll be way ahead.

That your best bet this week? Seriously.

You're so irresponsible dude. I won 1800 in cards last night. I'm gonna use 1k of it to go out with Cindy Mancini for a month and put the other 800 in a money market account. Grow up.

What the #### do you care? Go fire up some more terrible Red Foreman shtick.
:lmao: Really?

Put 15K on New Orleans. Give your GB Chase the difference between what you now have and $30K. That way, I'll be close to even after dinner last week. And you'll be way ahead.

That your best bet this week? Seriously.

The Wash St/UCLA over tonight is looking pretty sweet.

Might want to peruse the 2011 Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Initiative to see if you have any exposure.

35. What kinds of assets does the 25 percent offshore penalty apply to?

The offshore penalty is intended to apply to all of the taxpayer’s offshore holdings that are related in any way to tax non-compliance, regardless of the form of the taxpayer’s ownership or the character of the asset. The penalty applies to all assets directly owned by the taxpayer, including financial accounts holding cash, securities or other custodial assets; tangible assets such as real estate or art; and intangible assets such as patents or stock or other interests in a U.S. or foreign business. If such assets are indirectly held or controlled by the taxpayer through an entity, the penalty may be applied to the taxpayer’s interest in the entity or, if the Service determines that the entity is an alter ego or nominee of the taxpayer, to the taxpayer’s interest in the underlying assets. Tax noncompliance includes failure to report income from the assets, as well as failure to pay U.S. tax that was due with respect to the funds used to acquire the asset. See FAQ 52, category 3, for a limited exception to this rule.

6. What are some of the criminal charges I might face if I don't come in under voluntary disclosure and the IRS examines me?

Possible criminal charges related to tax returns include tax evasion (26 U.S.C. § 7201), filing a false return (26 U.S.C. § 7206(1)) and failure to file an income tax return (26 U.S.C. § 7203). Willfully failing to file an FBAR and willfully filing a false FBAR are both violations that are subject to criminal penalties under 31 U.S.C. § 5322.

A person convicted of tax evasion is subject to a prison term of up to five years and a fine of up to $250,000. Filing a false return subjects a person to a prison term of up to three years and a fine of up to $250,000. A person who fails to file a tax return is subject to a prison term of up to one year and a fine of up to $100,000. Failing to file an FBAR subjects a person to a prison term of up to ten years and criminal penalties of up to $500,000.

Bet it all on Indy or Miami or whatever you feel is the worst NFL team this year so when you win it'll be the sweetest win ever.

Might want to peruse the 2011 Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Initiative to see if you have any exposure.

35. What kinds of assets does the 25 percent offshore penalty apply to?

The offshore penalty is intended to apply to all of the taxpayer’s offshore holdings that are related in any way to tax non-compliance, regardless of the form of the taxpayer’s ownership or the character of the asset. The penalty applies to all assets directly owned by the taxpayer, including financial accounts holding cash, securities or other custodial assets; tangible assets such as real estate or art; and intangible assets such as patents or stock or other interests in a U.S. or foreign business. If such assets are indirectly held or controlled by the taxpayer through an entity, the penalty may be applied to the taxpayer’s interest in the entity or, if the Service determines that the entity is an alter ego or nominee of the taxpayer, to the taxpayer’s interest in the underlying assets. Tax noncompliance includes failure to report income from the assets, as well as failure to pay U.S. tax that was due with respect to the funds used to acquire the asset. See FAQ 52, category 3, for a limited exception to this rule.

6. What are some of the criminal charges I might face if I don't come in under voluntary disclosure and the IRS examines me?

Possible criminal charges related to tax returns include tax evasion (26 U.S.C. § 7201), filing a false return (26 U.S.C. § 7206(1)) and failure to file an income tax return (26 U.S.C. § 7203). Willfully failing to file an FBAR and willfully filing a false FBAR are both violations that are subject to criminal penalties under 31 U.S.C. § 5322.

A person convicted of tax evasion is subject to a prison term of up to five years and a fine of up to $250,000. Filing a false return subjects a person to a prison term of up to three years and a fine of up to $250,000. A person who fails to file a tax return is subject to a prison term of up to one year and a fine of up to $100,000. Failing to file an FBAR subjects a person to a prison term of up to ten years and criminal penalties of up to $500,000.

:lmao:

Now this is the buzzkill post the madhatter should be all fired up about.

Archived