What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Detroit Crimson Tide..Roll Lions: Draft day! (22 Viewers)

I see Megatron is the finals of "Dancing with the Stars." I have no idea what that means.
Wife made me watch this after the game as penance. Never watched the show before, but was not surprised to see his athleticism turned into some pretty decent moves out there on the dance floor. As I understand it, there have been a lot of football players who are really successful dancing on this show. Go figure.

I agree but the Lions could easily be 2-7 so we should be thankful.
Yes this is one of those rare seasons where most of the breaks seem to be going to the Lions now. It usually goes the other way. It's all good fortune at this point and let's enjoy it while it lasts. I think no matter what happens, Caldwell is going to need to win a playoff game to keep the job heading into next season. 

So what are your predictions on the rest of the schedule:

VIKINGS
@  SAINTS
BEARS
@  GIANTS
@  COWBOYS
PACKERS

It does seem like 3-3 is the likely result, with 2-4 a possibility if they don't beat the Vikes on Turkey Day. 

Wife made me watch this after the game as penance. Never watched the show before, but was not surprised to see his athleticism turned into some pretty decent moves out there on the dance floor. As I understand it, there have been a lot of football players who are really successful dancing on this show. Go figure.
Yeah, I've probably watched 5 episodes in my life (wife occasionally gets into it), but I've noticed that, too. I think it's just professional athletes in general who tend to do better. My theory is that they're insanely competitive and also disciplined enough to put the work in. Or maybe football players are better at being coached? Who knows?

Vikes Def turns this one, but it will be a old school black and blue division game.  Neither team will run well, but Vikes get more TO's and sacks to turn the game.

Detroit has to beat Bears and GB at home and find one road win against NO, Giants or Dallas and even if Vikes go 5-0 and they are out.  I think even a 9-7 record will be enough to get the Lions the division as long as one the wins is a division game.  

Detroit has to beat Bears and GB at home and find one road win against NO, Giants or Dallas and even if Vikes go 5-0 and they are out.  I think even a 9-7 record will be enough to get the Lions the division as long as one the wins is a division game.  
unfortunately, or fortunately depending who your team is, I only see them winning one of the games you listed off

unfortunately, or fortunately depending who your team is, I only see them winning one of the games you listed off
Most of those teams are not that good.  The Bears really suck.  GB has not been very good this year.  NO has a terrible defense.  The Giants are a better team and so is obviously the Cowboys.  They may only win one more game, but two is more likely.  

So Minnesota and Green Bay play each other week 16. That, and each have at least one other tough game (Minnesota hosting Dallas next week; the Pack facing Houston and Seattle). So 3-2 should be enough, and even 2-3 might do it. From the Lions schedule, the Saints, Bears and Packers are beatable... but for two of them, we thought that already. It helps that both division games are at home. The Giants are perhaps even luckier than Detroit, and Dallas... is likely a loss, as much as I doubt the Cowboys will go 15-1.

So the path is relatively clear, and there is some room for error. And yet we still wonder exactly how they'll blow it, because Lions....

Want to make sure I got this right...

Remaining schedule:

12/4 at New Orleans

12/11 Chicago

12/18 at NY Giants

12/26 at Dallas (MNF)

1/1 Green Bay

You're on record stating the Lions lose four of their last five?

Last edited by a moderator:
Want to make sure I got this right...

Remaining schedule:

12/4 at New Orleans

12/11 Chicago

12/18 at NY Giants

12/26 at Dallas (MNF)

1/1 Green Bay

You're on record stating the Lions lose four of their last five?

yep. what people forget is a LOT can happen in a month. also, who has Detroit beaten this year? the only team that jumps out is Washington, maybe Philly? Sure MIN I guess but how good are they really. furthermore, 3 road games in a row to end the season, 4 of the last 5 on the road! are you completely over looking that?

but ok, I'll bite, let's break it down:

at New Orleans. NO is a tough place to go to and win. it's not kc but it's no cupcake. NO is 3rd in the nfc for points. Detroit is 4th worst in passing tds on the season. yeah, I dont see them winning that game. especially after an emotional last second win yesterday. there is often a let down after games like that

Chicago at home: this will be a win

at NY Giants. Giants are playing great lately, especially on defense. the Giants are in a different category as the lions. again, Detroit defense cannot contain the number of threats on this offense. 

at Dallas: any Detroit fan who thinks they can beat Dallas is dreaming. I'd say maybe you'd have a chance if it was at home. maybe. 

at Green Bay: green Bay looks so bad, but mostly because of injuries, which they could be mostly at full strength by january. depending what happens between now and this game, this could be a huge game for the Packers. even if they are out, you can be sure they would love to play spoiler for anyone. not to mention this is outside in january, not good for a dome team. most importantly, this is the Lions 3rd road game in a row. this is the only game I see Detroit even remotely having a chance besides an easy win vs chicago, but there are a lot of variables. if the Lions played gb next week I'd say sure they will win, but we are talking another 5 weeks from now, in the cold after 2 previous weeks playing playoff caliber teams on the road.  

edit: I understand I misread gb as an away game. I will stand by it as a potential loss but mostly due to it is a month from now and GB is not as bad as they have been playing. they have a chance to win that game

yep. what people forget is a LOT can happen in a month. also, who has Detroit beaten this year? the only team that jumps out is Washington, maybe Philly? Sure MIN I guess but how good are they really. furthermore, 3 road games in a row to end the season, 4 of the last 5 on the road! are you completely over looking that?

at New Orleans. NO is a tough place to go to and win. it's not kc but it's no cupcake. NO is 3rd in the nfc for points. Detroit is 4th worst in passing tds on the season. yeah, I dont see them winning that game. especially after an emotional last second win yesterday. there is often a let down after games like that

at NY Giants. Giants are playing great lately, especially on defense. the Giants are in a different category as the lions. again, Detroit defense cannot contain the number of threats on this offense. 

at Dallas: any Detroit fan who thinks they can beat Dallas is dreaming. I'd say maybe you'd have a chance if it was at home. maybe. 

at Green Bay: green Bay looks so bad, but mostly because of injuries, which they could be mostly at full strength by january. depending what happens between now and this game, this could be a huge game for the Packers. even if they are out, you can be sure they would love to play spoiler for anyone. not to mention this is outside in january, not good for a dome team. most importantly, this is the Lions 3rd road game in a row. this is the only game I see Detroit even remotely having a chance besides an easy win vs chicago, but there are a lot of variables. if the Lions played gb next week I'd say sure they will win, but we are talking another 5 weeks from now, in the cold after 2 previous weeks playing playoff caliber teams on the road.  
Green Bay game is in Ford Field. win their home games and  I think they win the division at 9-7. having the h2h tie breaker over Minnesota is huge.

Green Bay game is in Ford Field. win their home games and  I think they win the division at 9-7. having the h2h tie breaker over Minnesota is huge.
Yes agree they likely win the division at 9-7. But it will still culminate in a one and done wildcard playoff loss on the road. I really hope they can find a way to get a home game. 

so they win a poor division maybe even at 8-8 and play the NYG in round1 at home? I don't get your point??  who has GB or Minnesota beaten???
no one. but you're not seeing the woods through the trees if you're not looking at the schedule of Minnesota and GB.

it's very likely gb goes 5-2, or, mkre likely MIN 5-1. I think Detroit goes 1-4, or lets say 2-3. that still means they aren't division winners

I honestly think MIN takes the division. I'll eat my sock if Detroit takes the division. not happening with that defense.

seriously... who do you see MIN losing to? if Detroit goes 2-3 MIN needs to lose to 2:

Dallas- yes

Jacksonville- heck no

Indianapolis- no

Green Bay- Maybe, but if they do then GB has turned their season around and DET now has to be worried about them next week.

Chicago- ah, no.

I don't think anyone in that division is "likely" to do anything. 

The Vikings are 1-5 in their last six.

The Packers have lost four in a row and are in free fall.

Neither are likely to suddenly rip off a big winning streak. 

I don't think anyone in that division is "likely" to do anything. 

The Vikings are 1-5 in their last six.

The Packers have lost four in a row and are in free fall.

Neither are likely to suddenly rip off a big winning streak. 
so you don't think MIN will beat Jacksonville, Green Bay (who you just said are in a free fall) and Chicago? because those seem like likely wins for MIN. Indianapolis looks terrible. so it's very likely MIN has a shot against them. 

furthermore, the Lions were 1-4 in their first 5 but seemed to "suddenly rip off a big winning streak", as you put it. so I guess I'm missing your point? teams can't go on a winning streak, regardless how favorable their schedule is unless they're your team? got it

so you don't think MIN will beat Jacksonville, Green Bay (who you just said are in a free fall) and Chicago? because those seem like likely wins for MIN. Indianapolis looks terrible. so it's very likely MIN has a shot against them. 

furthermore, the Lions were 1-4 in their first 5 but seemed to "suddenly rip off a big winning streak", as you put it. so I guess I'm missing your point? teams can't go on a winning streak, regardless how favorable their schedule is unless they're your team? got it
Not true. They were 2-3

no one. but you're not seeing the woods through the trees if you're not looking at the schedule of Minnesota and GB.

it's very likely gb goes 5-2, or, mkre likely MIN 5-1. I think Detroit goes 1-4, or lets say 2-3. that still means they aren't division winners

I honestly think MIN takes the division. I'll eat my sock if Detroit takes the division. not happening with that defense.

seriously... who do you see MIN losing to? if Detroit goes 2-3 MIN needs to lose to 2:

Dallas- yes

Jacksonville- heck no

Indianapolis- no

Green Bay- Maybe, but if they do then GB has turned their season around and DET now has to be worried about them next week.

Chicago- ah, no.
You mean the same defense that has given up 16,20,16,19, and 13 pts in their last 5 games? Their defense was really banged up early on and have gotten healthy as of late. You are not paying attention.

Not true. They were 2-3
yea I knew that. I meant 1-3 in their first 4. regardless the point is anything can happen at any time of the season. most teams break their schedule into 4 quarters and focus on winning those quarters. it's a new quarter for everyone and some have more difficult schedules than others. 

I know I'd much rather play Dallas and no one else of real significance than Dallas, New York Giants, and New Orleans making the last game of the season vs GB the potential determining factor of if I win the division. 

it's interesting, me with no skin in the game can see how non objective some people in here are as homers. the last team I want to win the division is the vikings

You mean the same defense that has given up 16,20,16,19, and 13 pts in their last 5 games? Their defense was really banged up early on and have gotten healthy as of late. You are not paying attention.
they are 4th in td passes allowed this season. and people in here are saying they will undoubtedly beat the saints... who have a qb who has thrown a td pass or two. 

guess we will see within the next month...

You just proved my point. 

they are 4th in td passes allowed this season. and people in here are saying they will undoubtedly beat the saints... who have a qb who has thrown a td pass or two
Nobody with a clue should ever say that walking into NO is going to be a win but it is certainly is a winnable road game. You can summarize and spin the numbers any which way you want. The Lion's gave up 17 of their 22 passing TDs against in their first 6 games. They have given up 5 in the last 5. Oh but the only thing that matters apparently is the bottom line number right? Pay no attention to how they've been playing with a lot of their key players back from injury.

7-4 and winners of 6 out of the last 7 is what matters to me.

Detroit has learned how to win close games. I don't see anyone else on the schedule (with possibly the exception to Dallas) that will have a chance to gain a substantial lead. I would bet they find a way to win 3 as finding a way to win has been the trend this year.

I think it's time to give Jim Caldwell some credit. He's easy for people to mock because of how stoic and emotionless he always looks on the sidelines, but you cannot argue with the results.  He's 25-18 with a Lions team that was 4-12 when he took it over (and had generally been awful for the 12 years prior to his arrival).  Plus, he has turned Stafford into a highly efficient QB.  It aggravated a lot of fantasy owners that Calvin Johnson's targets went down, but instead of just chucking it to Megatron all day (which resulted in both big plays and ugly turnovers), Stafford learned to make the smart plays and has become one of the league's better QBs as a result. 

Dallas- yes

Jacksonville- heck no

Indianapolis- no

Chicago- ah, no.
Minnesota can at best go 4-1  I highly doubt they do. Indy with Luck can beat anyone, like they did at Lambeau. And they certainly can lose to GB.

odds are in the lions favor to win the division, Minnesota is a broken team, their defense is nice, but they cant run the ball and they their Oline is damaged beyond repair.  so go ahead an count your wins but the Lions have 1 thing that GB and Minnesota don't, a QB that is making plays to actually win games....

edit: I understand I misread gb as an away game. I will stand by it as a potential loss but mostly due to it is a month from now and GB is not as bad as they have been playing. they have a chance to win that game
So 'only' 4 of their 7 wins are notable? :lol:  

[Since 2008] 8 teams have trailed all 11 straight games to open an NFL season. 

The first 7 went 4-73 (.052)

The Lions are 7-4 (.636)

Detroit has learned how to win close games. I don't see anyone else on the schedule (with possibly the exception to Dallas) that will have a chance to gain a substantial lead. I would bet they find a way to win 3 as finding a way to win has been the trend this year.
Historically, this is simply not true. While a few super-elite QBs like Manning and Brady have displayed an ability to win a majority of their one-score games, for the most part teams revert to the mean. That doesn't mean that Detroit will automatically start losing close games, just that we shouldn't expect this run to continue. 

Quinn's impact demonstrated through Killebrew pick. Lions were notorious for whiffing on later draft choices. Killebrew example of type of player Quinn wants on team.

[Since 2008] 8 teams have trailed all 11 straight games to open an NFL season. 

The first 7 went 4-73 (.052)

The Lions are 7-4 (.636)
Honestly, I think this is more of a statement of the current mediocre/below avg. state of the NFL play as a whole then a true testament as to how good or bad the Lions are this year.

They have done a remarkable of job of not blinking in the stare down moments of the 4th quarter. They deserve a lot of credit for that but I'm witnessing really bad football/coaching in the same breath. Kudos for the Lions taking advantage though.

I think the level of play, penalties, rule changes, and players not knowing the fundamentals of football coming out of college are ruining this game of our's. Not unlike how the NBA went from a team game to ESPN highlight attempts. Now players want to catch everything with one hand. This is now how careers are made. Sorry, sidebar rant over. This is for another thread! ;)

Quinn's impact demonstrated through Killebrew pick. Lions were notorious for whiffing on later draft choices. Killebrew example of type of player Quinn wants on team.
Early returns on the draft class are good all-around. The first three picks - Decker, Robinson, and Glasgow - are all starters, Killebrew is making a big impact, and then late-round picks like Antwione Williams, Anthony Zettel and Dewayne Washington are getting some PT.

That's what I wanted to see this year more than wins and losses - evidence that Quinn knows what he's doing and some nice building blocks for the future.

How many of these were quality wins? The Lions are far from a dominant team, but that's no reason to discount their achievements.

Brief summary game by game:

1. 39-35 @ IND - pretty much have to give Stafford all the credit here. With the score tied, engineered a 75 yard drive (Prater missed the extra point.) After Indy retook the lead, he had 37 seconds and 3 timeouts. 3 completions netted 50 yards, took one more shot, Prater kicked a 43 yarder to win it. Bizarre safety on kickoff ended it.
  2. 15-16 TEN - still bugs me. Titans had a 14 play, 83 yard drive that chewed up almost half the quarter, game winner with 1:19 left. MM was 10-10 on the final drive. Interception at midfield stopped the last drive.
  3. 27-34 @ GB - it was 31-3 when McCarthy went into turtle mode (5 passes in 2nd half?) - had a shot late, couldn't get a defensive stop. Just got whupped.
  4. 14-17 @ CHI - even more pathetic than the previous week, especially considering the competition. Hoyer, Howard & Royal looked like Pro Bowl triplets, Stafford threw 2 picks, Roberts PR TD after the 2 minute warning made the final close. As with Week 2, just a ridiculous loss to a lesser talent.
  5. 24-23 PHI - Lions looked unstoppable in their first 3 TD drives: 75, 80 and 75 yards. Eagles scored on 5 out of 6 drives, four of them 9 or 11 plays long. The season was basically over with 2-1/2 minutes left until Darius Slay forced a Ryan Matthews fumble. After Prater's 29 yard chip shot put them ahead, Slay made it back to back turnovers on the next play with an interception that effectively ended the game. Shocking result and the start of the current hot streak.
  6. 31-28 Rams - down 21-28, Stafford engineered an 18 play, 84 yard drive that lasted almost 8 minutes. At this point Casey Keenum was 26 out of 28 (not a typo), but the Lions D came up big with a 3 and out. 8 plays / 3 FDs later, Prater knocked home a 34 yarder. Bush ended the game with an interception (only the 5th incompletion LA had all day, including a couple drops.)
  7. 20-17 WAS - 1:05 left, all 3 timeouts, 75 yards away. No problemo. Easy peasy for Stafford.
  8. 13-20 @ HOU - Except for a drive late in the 3rd that bled into the 4th, the Lions couldn't get untracked. Giving up four lengthy drives to a Brock Osweiler led offense is almost unfathomable. Late when they still had a chance, couldn't get a stop on consecutive series. 
  9. 22-16 @ MIN - after a blocked FG early in the 4th, Prater nailed a 53 yarder to put the Lions up 13-9. Vikings put together a 14 play, 79 yard drive that ended in a TE jet sweep for the go ahead TD with 23 seconds left. 2 completions later - the latter a 27 yarder to Roberts on a play Cooter put in that week for EXACTLY this type of situation - Prater was rushing on the field for a 58 yarder. Tate's sumersault TD won it in OT. Huge road win.
  10. bye week
  11. 26-19 JAX - Roberts PR TD and a bunch of punts in the first half. Pick six to start the third quarter, but they fell behind again 19-16. Ebron got behind the defense for a 61 yarder that led to his rushing TD, then after a stop they put together a 16 play, 8 minute drive that melted the clock and led to a FG. Interception sealed it. Jaguars had 2 yards total offense in their three 4th Q possessions.
  12. 16-13 MIN - The 10 play, 68 yard game tying drive started inside their own 2 and ended with a 48 yarder by Prater. Slay once again came up with a huge play late, baiting Bradford on a coverage Glover Quinn called. 40 yarder by Prater as time ran out sent everyone home happy.
  • Colts on the road is a quality win for a team that historically struggles on the road. +1 but barely.
  • Eagles looked like a pretty strong contender going into Week 5, so I'd count that as a quality win. +1 but not from our current perspective.
  • Redskins may be in third place but they're not an easy out by any means, so I'd call that a quality win. +1 over a top ten team.
  • Anytime you beat your main rival for first place that's a quality win. The Vikings have zero playmakers this year. +2 but still, it's unlikely anyone has MIN in their top 16 right now.
Even with my biased opinion, no more than five quality wins, and none over teams you consider serious contenders to make a deep run. You could make a case it's really 1 quality win.

Rating the losses:

• Titans better than we realized in Week 2? Guess they're mediocre but you have to take care of business at home.
  • They were blown off the field at Lambeau, woefully unprepared. Not a game you expect to win but very disappointing because we have played them tough the last 3 years.
  • Bears game was a bad road loss to a bad team.
  • Texans are a mediocre team but they just flat outplayed us. Outcoached, out-prepared - never felt like they had a shot in that one.
Wins over truly awful teams:

• Rams game proves nothing comes easy for this team. But the defense came up big in the 4th.
  • They're supposed to beat the Jaguars, the offense looked less than stellar again until Ebron's big play. The long time consuming drive was impressive. Good defense late.

Unlikely they'll make any noise in the playoffs but I like their chances at home in the WC round. Probably going on the road in the divisional round and they haven't won a road playoff game since Eisenhower was President. The last time they did, the 49ers announced on the PA at halftime the box office was selling NFL Championship tickets. SF was up 27-7 before the Lions started one of the greatest comebacks in their history. I've read about it a lot. I was born almost 5 years later.

Is the Lions fan still around who always had "Detroit Lions Super Bowl Champs 20##" in his signature?  Anyone remember that guy? 

Dr Brew is usually a very good poster, but his posts are way off on this thread and at times completely contradict each other.

Asking who have the Lions beat that are so good ? "Sure MIN I guess but how good are they really?" one minute, then almost flatly denying the possibility that the Colts could beat the Vikings. LOL. The Colts are a Jekyll & Hyde team, but they are one that have beaten the Packers on the road, they took us right to the brink and yet we beat the Vikings twice. For me, the reality is that I honestly believe that there are about 20-25 teams in the NFL these days that are all much of a muchness and can beat each other on any given day. Take away the Browns/49ers/Jets/Bears at the bottom. The Pats at the top and maybe Cowboys and I dunno ... Seahawks. The Seahawks who have already lost to the Bucs and the Saints. Okay, the Saints on the road, but go look at what Tampa Bay's record is like at home this season. Tampa who beat the Falcons on the road, and who got stuffed by the Cardinals who got stuffed by the Falcons. ( I think the picture Im trying to paint is clear here ).  Then I'm struggling. Thats 7 teams out of 32 leaving 25, who may have a sliding scale of sorts, but I don't think are really that far apart from each other. I personally don't think the Giants are better than the Lions. Can they beat us ? Sure. Can we beat them ? Sure. In ten games I'd go with a 5-5 or 6-4 either way, and I feel like that about a lot of teams in this league. Hell, a poor Lions team were a Calvin fumble at the goal line away from beating the Seahawks on the road last season and even then the refs screwed up with the ball batted out of the end zone by a Seahawk player. And that was right in the middle of us on a disaster run of form.

It's more about form than anything. If the Lions play decent football to finish the season they'll win 2-3 games. If they don't then they won't. It won't be because they are actually a worse team than most of those that we have left to play. I don't really subscribe to looking at a schedule and trying to rank every single paired team in the league, trying to work out who is better. A lot of the time it is situational. I don't really see how anyone could look at our schedule and confidently declare that we'd only win one game. It's possible. Just like its possible we could win four of them. 

Funny that the defence gets ripped on, but someone else already replied to that. The ship has tightened right back up in the past five odd weeks as we have seen a fully fit Ngata, Slay, Ansah looking better off the bye with his ankle rested, some rookies like Robinson, Williams and Killebrew starting to contribute. Austin has been a lot more on the ball with his scheming I feel.

Lastly, and slightly unrelated is, as much as I love our late comeback drives, I kind of feel like all this chat I'm hearing from everywhere about the Lions having to come from behind all the time does us a bit of a disservice, to be honest. As if we have been dead and buried in every single game we've won this year, and somehow managed to miraculously rise from the grave each time. We have led for long long periods of football games this season, some that we have won and also some that we have lost. We've never been getting blown out in any game except the first half in Lambeau. How many minutes did the Viking spend ahead in the last game compared to how many we spent ? A hell of a lot less. Or the Colts on the road ? Or even the Titans at home ? The 4th quarter counts exactly the same as all the others, in essence. They are all 15 mins of football plain and simple.

Dr Brew is usually a very good poster, but his posts are way off on this thread and at times completely contradict each other.

Asking who have the Lions beat that are so good ? "Sure MIN I guess but how good are they really?" one minute, then almost flatly denying the possibility that the Colts could beat the Vikings. LOL. The Colts are a Jekyll & Hyde team, but they are one that have beaten the Packers on the road, they took us right to the brink and yet we beat the Vikings twice. For me, the reality is that I honestly believe that there are about 20-25 teams in the NFL these days that are all much of a muchness and can beat each other on any given day. Take away the Browns/49ers/Jets/Bears at the bottom. The Pats at the top and maybe Cowboys and I dunno ... Seahawks. The Seahawks who have already lost to the Bucs and the Saints. Okay, the Saints on the road, but go look at what Tampa Bay's record is like at home this season. Tampa who beat the Falcons on the road, and who got stuffed by the Cardinals who got stuffed by the Falcons. ( I think the picture Im trying to paint is clear here ).  Then I'm struggling. Thats 7 teams out of 32 leaving 25, who may have a sliding scale of sorts, but I don't think are really that far apart from each other. I personally don't think the Giants are better than the Lions. Can they beat us ? Sure. Can we beat them ? Sure. In ten games I'd go with a 5-5 or 6-4 either way, and I feel like that about a lot of teams in this league. Hell, a poor Lions team were a Calvin fumble at the goal line away from beating the Seahawks on the road last season and even then the refs screwed up with the ball batted out of the end zone by a Seahawk player. And that was right in the middle of us on a disaster run of form.

It's more about form than anything. If the Lions play decent football to finish the season they'll win 2-3 games. If they don't then they won't. It won't be because they are actually a worse team than most of those that we have left to play. I don't really subscribe to looking at a schedule and trying to rank every single paired team in the league, trying to work out who is better. A lot of the time it is situational. I don't really see how anyone could look at our schedule and confidently declare that we'd only win one game. It's possible. Just like its possible we could win four of them. 

Funny that the defence gets ripped on, but someone else already replied to that. The ship has tightened right back up in the past five odd weeks as we have seen a fully fit Ngata, Slay, Ansah looking better off the bye with his ankle rested, some rookies like Robinson, Williams and Killebrew starting to contribute. Austin has been a lot more on the ball with his scheming I feel.

Lastly, and slightly unrelated is, as much as I love our late comeback drives, I kind of feel like all this chat I'm hearing from everywhere about the Lions having to come from behind all the time does us a bit of a disservice, to be honest. As if we have been dead and buried in every single game we've won this year, and somehow managed to miraculously rise from the grave each time. We have led for long long periods of football games this season, some that we have won and also some that we have lost. We've never been getting blown out in any game except the first half in Lambeau. How many minutes did the Viking spend ahead in the last game compared to how many we spent ? A hell of a lot less. Or the Colts on the road ? Or even the Titans at home ? The 4th quarter counts exactly the same as all the others, in essence. They are all 15 mins of football plain and simple.
I have a hard time following this and similar posts that are written as if they are spoken in conversation rather than as if they are going to be read

MIN really hasn't beaten anyone of major significance, at the time they played them at least (for the most part). You are correct, the Colts could very well beat MIN but I just don't really see it. 

I'm not one to really engage in the "we beat them, and they beat you guys therefore we are better than you guys" discussions. In the NFL anything can happen. Just because Team A beat Team B, and Team B beat Team C, that does not mean Team A can beat Team C. So to compare losses/wins within the division doesn't really say much. Head to head is all that matters really when you are comparing teams directly

I'm not exactly sure what "much of a muchness" really means. But yes, any team can beat anyone on any given day, that's the point. That's the point I was trying to make in here but maybe it was misconstrued. People in here seemed over-confident that the Lions could win out or just lose 1 of their last games. I feel it's the opposite. We will see I guess. What's great about predictions is eventually you're proven right or wrong. 

Users who are viewing this thread