What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (4 Viewers)

My home league has FAAB twice a week.  Here were the selections on the first run:

Tyler White $11

Brock Holt $4

Hinojosa $3 (me, lolololololololol)

Socrates Brito $3

Rickard, Jackie Bradley $2

Eduardo Escobar, Adam Conley, Dylan Bundy, Jose DeLeon, Jepsen, Plouffe, and Gose for $1

Brito seems to be a hot add at the moment, probably because he has an awesome name. 

My home league has FAAB twice a week.  Here were the selections on the first run:

Tyler White $11

Brock Holt $4

Hinojosa $3 (me, lolololololololol)

Socrates Brito $3

Rickard, Jackie Bradley $2

Eduardo Escobar, Adam Conley, Dylan Bundy, Jose DeLeon, Jepsen, Plouffe, and Gose for $1

Brito seems to be a hot add at the moment, probably because he has an awesome name. 
I put in an $11 bid for Hinojosa too, I only had one guy to DL though(also bid on Brito and Holt). Forgot all the owners in this league were so cheap. <_<

Anyone have a strong feeling on Tyler White vs Travis Shaw?
Assuming equal playing time, I'd go with Shaw due to higher power potential.  White looks pretty meh to me.

It's anybody's guess about how many PAs they'll end up with.

Assuming equal playing time, I'd go with Shaw due to higher power potential.  White looks pretty meh to me.

It's anybody's guess about how many PAs they'll end up with.
It looks like he will get a better spot in the order too. Further up plus sandwiched between Han Ram/Xander and Holt instead of Valbuena and Castro. 

Any thoughts on Clay Buchholz? He's the last starter on my bench and I feel I can upgrade. It's a QS league and I think this may be a breakout year for Wily Peralta. Maybe it's just gas?

Thoughts?

I like Buchholz. He was mostly effective last year until he got hurt.  Injuries are always a concern with him but this is factored into his price.  

If/when Buchholz gets hurt this year, Peralta or someone like him will be available to pick up.  Even when Peralta won 17, his peripherals were pretty ordinary and he ain't winning 17 for this year's Brewers. 

I like Buchholz. He was mostly effective last year until he got hurt.  Injuries are always a concern with him but this is factored into his price.  

If/when Buchholz gets hurt this year, Peralta or someone like him will be available to pick up.  Even when Peralta won 17, his peripherals were pretty ordinary and he ain't winning 17 for this year's Brewers. 
Thanks. I don't need Peralta or Buchholz to win 17 games as it's a QS league. I'll hold tight for now.

Buchholz has had an interesting career. He had a lot of years where he outperformed his peripherals, then last year was the opposite for much of the season. Then he had a great month where it all came together before he got hurt.

All of that makes it hard to predict what he'll do this season, but if last year's improvements were legit he'll be good value where he's getting drafted.

I think Tanner Roark is gonna be a constant add/drop this year, a streamer's dream.  Anibal Sanchez is worth watching, he went undrafted in a few of my leagues.  If he's giving up homers early, avoid.  If not...be interested. 

Too late in my leagues, I already own him in a couple, but if he's available in yours - Domingo Santana is leading off; Broxton is in the 9 hole.

Too late in my leagues, I already own him in a couple, but if he's available in yours - Domingo Santana is leading off; Broxton is in the 9 hole.
:thumbup:  he's a solid option in OBP leagues, I grabbed him in a couple dynasty's last year

Does Eddie Escobar play everyday? He qualifies at like all the positions. I like a guy that likes multiple positions. 

Does Eddie Escobar play everyday? He qualifies at like all the positions. I like a guy that likes multiple positions. 
To start the season?  Probably.  Whether he hangs onto the job or not depends if his power development last year was a fluke or not.  I'm not optimistic, but the multiple position eligibility makes him an interesting early season reserve.

He does. I had him for the second half last season and he was pretty solid, for a waiver pickup. Used him all over my lineup. Drafted him late this season and love him as long as you're njot in an OBP league.

Next question. I know nothing (maybe a little, but ice been drinking) about the Dodgers OF. Carl Crawford isn't an everyday player right, just plays vs righties?

Next question. I know nothing (maybe a little, but ice been drinking) about the Dodgers OF. Carl Crawford isn't an everyday player right, just plays vs righties?
Yep, Van Slyke gets lefties while Trayce Thompson angrily stews on the bench.

@JamesWagnerWP: Revere said he felt pain on first swing of the season. Thinks he'll need a couple days and will reevaluate.

If Michael Taylor is out there...

In desperate need of OF talent with speed (Adam Eaton and Alex Gordon currently my OF 2/3). Throwing a bunch of #### against the wall to see what sticks in Socrates, Gose, Michael Taylor, and Kiermaier.  Trying to finagle some room for Michael Saunders too. 

I like Gose.  He'll play every day until Maybin returns.  The others have more question marks about their playing time.

I like Gose.  He'll play every day until Maybin returns.  The others have more question marks about their playing time.
Gonna just hang onto Taylor in case the Span news takes a turn for the worse. Maybe Span's out a couple of weeks and Old Man Werth gets nicked up in that time or Harper runs through a wall. If he had more playing time, Taylor would probably be my favorite of that bunch. 

Really like Gose, and sort of hoping he'll play his way into more AB's by the time Maybin gets back. I like these situations. Give a guy a few weeks trial. Either he plays well and gets a longer shot, or he sucks, the other guys comes back, and it's an easy cut.

pollardsvision said:
Gonna just hang onto Taylor in case the Span news takes a turn for the worse. Maybe Span's out a couple of weeks and Old Man Werth gets nicked up in that time or Harper runs through a wall. If he had more playing time, Taylor would probably be my favorite of that bunch. 

Really like Gose, and sort of hoping he'll play his way into more AB's by the time Maybin gets back. I like these situations. Give a guy a few weeks trial. Either he plays well and gets a longer shot, or he sucks, the other guys comes back, and it's an easy cut.
Span is in SF now but you're thinking of Revere. I agree with your assessment that Werth will miss time.

What's the word on the street regarding Mike Fiers...a guy in my league is trying to trade him.
Strikeouts, pop ups, homers, sub 90 velo, and someone(s?) on the Astros seem to be looking for a reason to put him in the pen. If he can tone it down some on the walks I think he can find a middle ground between 2015 and his luck fueled 2014.

Interesting lineup for Cincy.  Schebler in center, leading off.  Duvall, cleaning up between Votto and Bruce.  Hamilton on the bench the 3rd game of the year.  I avoided him because he can't hit, but I didn't peg him as part of the OF rotation.  This makes it seem like he is though.  @cheese, any other Reds homers, or just those that have been paying more attention than me got an opinion on this one?  I have Duvall in one league and he was just dropped in another.  I was going to wait and see if he clears waivers before trying to add him, but if this is really a 3 man rotation until each player's production clears things up then I'm going to burn waiver priority on him.

Billy is also banged up which will probably help the other guys in the short run.  Everyone knows the dropoff defensively in cf will be severe from Billy to Schebler, but how bad are we talking?  If Schebler can play CF at all that would help both he and Duvall get ABs.  There is some who think that experiment will be a disaster, but we'll see.  

Long term, if Billy never hits he's going to be rotated.  Being ridiculous at CF will keep him delivering some value, but not enough to never sit in the rotation.  

The Reds will have to face some LHP before Price's lineup machinations become clear.  I think there's also a tendency for some managers to give role players some PAs early in the season to try to keep up their form from spring training. 

Duvall is an interesting deep league option because of his power potential but he's not as elite in this category as Hamilton is in his.  Their prices reflect this though.

Duvall is an interesting deep league option because of his power potential but he's not as elite in this category as Hamilton is in his.  Their prices reflect this though.
Duvall has a lot of the hallmarks of a Quad-A player (Poor plate discipline, uninspiring defense, not arriving in the show until his mid-20s) but with the Reds being bad enough to play him a lot and having a power-friendly park, he's got a chance to hit a lot of homers.

Traded away Segura for Luke Gregorson yesterday in my 12 team/12 man keeper.  Starting to think I made a bad move. I wonder if the change in scenery can kick-start his career. 

I'd be alright with it. Segura leading off for an offense that will score is nice, but I doubt he breaks out enough to get kept in a k12 and if we're just talking 2016 Gregerson is worth a lot.

Gotta replace Schwarber ?

Wellington Castillo or Derek Norris or maybe someone not awful I've never heard of?
PicklesBot had Schwarber a tad below Derek Norris in his rankings, so you'd theoretically be upgrading there.

Users who are viewing this thread