What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (4 Viewers)

Any good steal guys to target right now? I'm desperate for steals and have plenty of power to deal for it.
Some folks are selling high on Marte (or were a few weeks ago).
He's heating back up.
:)
A single HR and he's suddenly heating up?
he is 8 for his last 16 and has 5 stolen bases over the past 4 games
In fairness, the "heating up" comment was posted before last night's game.
He'd had a 3 hits (combined) and 2 SBs in the 2 games before the HR. Given his last month, that felt like quite the hot streak.

I mentioned him because someone wanted some cheap steals. That time came and went in about a 2-day span because owners now have him back in the lineup celebrating like most of May and part of June never happened.
Hey, I'm the one who mentioned him! :P

And I'm a Marte owner. I love the guy, even if he is hot and cold all season. I need the steals, but I can imagine someone who didn't trying to deal him, as a lot of fantasy sites were recommending until recently.

Lost Tulo. Any ideas of SS's to target? (I'm in a 14 team league)
Same here. I picked up Florimon. Will probably also pick up Sogord. Waivers are thin.

ETA: Nevermind. Dropped Florimon for Nix. Might try Ransom or Aviles in other spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rutledge?
Trying to trade for him. Cozart, Espinosa, Nix, Iglesias, Escobar, Descalso. Those are probably the top players available.
Is Nick Franklin still available? He's only owned in 21% of ESPN leagues.He's got a little power and speed and has more BBs than Ks for the year (across AAA and MLB). I imagine he's probably gone though.I think Dietrich's worth a look. His OBP is going to stink, but the kid can hit'em out of the park.

Wrigley said:
MAC_32 said:
pollardsvision said:
Finally cut Alcides today. I hated to do it because somebody in the league's about to get another 20 or so SBs off the wire.

I've got a silly 54 SB lead over 2nd place, so Alcides was about as useful as a poopy-flavored lollipop if nobody would trade for him.
Same issue with Everth, trying to move him, not being successful.
For what it's worth, I just traded Headley straight up for E Cab in my 5X5 keeper league.

Should be pretty easy to move him.....he's already got 30 swipes for cripes sake.

Although, I guess it depends on what kind of league you're playing in.
I am way ahead in #1 in steals, 1st-6th place are the next 6 and they're tightly packed together. The bottom 5 are starting to play for next year as there's a large gap between me (7th) and all of them. Making for a tough trade market. Need a steals guy from one of the top 6 teams to go down.

pollardsvision said:
Wrigley said:
MAC_32 said:
pollardsvision said:
Finally cut Alcides today. I hated to do it because somebody in the league's about to get another 20 or so SBs off the wire.

I've got a silly 54 SB lead over 2nd place, so Alcides was about as useful as a poopy-flavored lollipop if nobody would trade for him.
For what it's worth, I just traded Headley straight up for E Cab in my 5X5 keeper league.

Should be pretty easy to move him.....he's already got 30 swipes for cripes sake.

Although, I guess it depends on what kind of league you're playing in.
Yeah, I've got EverCab too, and it would take an awful lot to pry him off my hands.There aren't a ton of usable SS's.
I have been benching Starlin and have Jeter on the mend. I have the rare overstocked MI lineup with Zobrist and Franklin as my other two starters and Weeks also taking up space on the bench. Only one anyone wants is Zobrist and given my situation he is the one I really can't get rid of.

Mr. Peterson said:
Northern Voice said:
Mr. Peterson said:
Rutledge?
Trying to trade for him. Cozart, Espinosa, Nix, Iglesias, Escobar, Descalso. Those are probably the top players available.
If you need steals, Alcides. Otherwise, Cozart. Been looking better at the dish lately, always had upside, good spot in the lineup too.

Thoughts on Rutledge?

I have Tulo, but also have Andrus and Simmons to man SS (we start 2 of every IF spot, 6 OF and a U). I picked up Rutledge though since I had room on my bench. Will probably start him at 2B instead of Barney.

Thoughts on Rutledge?

I have Tulo, but also have Andrus and Simmons to man SS (we start 2 of every IF spot, 6 OF and a U). I picked up Rutledge though since I had room on my bench. Will probably start him at 2B instead of Barney.
Definitely start him over Barney, as long as he's playing 5+ days/week he's a better play than Andrelton too. His bat is not his issue, it's just not strong enough to offset his glove, which is why he was recently demoted. He's the same guy he was in March for our purposes.

pollardsvision said:
Wrigley said:
MAC_32 said:
pollardsvision said:
Finally cut Alcides today. I hated to do it because somebody in the league's about to get another 20 or so SBs off the wire. I've got a silly 54 SB lead over 2nd place, so Alcides was about as useful as a poopy-flavored lollipop if nobody would trade for him.
For what it's worth, I just traded Headley straight up for E Cab in my 5X5 keeper league. Should be pretty easy to move him.....he's already got 30 swipes for cripes sake. Although, I guess it depends on what kind of league you're playing in.
Yeah, I've got EverCab too, and it would take an awful lot to pry him off my hands.There aren't a ton of usable SS's.
I have been benching Starlin and have Jeter on the mend. I have the rare overstocked MI lineup with Zobrist and Franklin as my other two starters and Weeks also taking up space on the bench. Only one anyone wants is Zobrist and given my situation he is the one I really can't get rid of.
I have found that peddling steals is pretty difficult. I got some low-ball offers involving EverCab and Marte a while back, but that's about it. Not much interest in Ellsbury.Though, I guess if the rest of the league valued these guys as much as I did, I wouldn't have ended up with them all in the first place.If I started offering up EverCab now, I have no idea what he might fetch (I wouldn't accept the Headley deal that Wrigley got him for).

I got Zobrist for Ellsbury and had been dangling Ellsbury out there for weeks. OBP league, so that's why I think I got a pretty good deal with Zobrist. I'm not going to even bother trying to see what I can get for McLouth though.

So, yeah, Everth + McLouth + Ellsbury --> extreme excess of SB's.

I got Zobrist for Ellsbury and had been dangling Ellsbury out there for weeks. OBP league, so that's why I think I got a pretty good deal with Zobrist. I'm not going to even bother trying to see what I can get for McLouth though. So, yeah, Everth + McLouth + Ellsbury --> extreme excess of SB's.
Same here (Evereth/Ells/Marte/Kipnis).It's left the rest of the league all bunched up without a 2nd place guy running away, so they all feel like a few more steals here and there, and they will gain a few points. I can't fault them because they are probably right.

Thoughts on Rutledge?

I love Rutledge. Wish I had him. I won't be surprised if he puts up top 10 numbers at SS until Tulo returns.

Thoughts on Michael Bourn?

He was just dropped and while he has struggled lately...is the potential still there?

My option would be to drop someone like Ozuna or Soriano for him. Been trying to keep band-aids on my OF with Cuddyer, Harper and Granderson out.

Thoughts on Michael Bourn?

He was just dropped and while he has struggled lately...is the potential still there?

My option would be to drop someone like Ozuna or Soriano for him. Been trying to keep band-aids on my OF with Cuddyer, Harper and Granderson out.
Dropped? Really? Avg and SLG are above career norm's, OBP is the same. The steals will come. I dangled him out to the Nelson Cruz owner - he has power issues, I have SB + AVG issues and am points leader in the other 3. Seems like a good match.

Finally sending Will Middlebrooks packing.

Maybe he gets it together at some point, but he's a terrible MLB hitter at the moment, and I can't see any scenario where he's the 3B of the future for BOS with 2 young and better guys in the minors (Bogaerts and Cecchini).

Somebody talk me out of Roy Oswalt....he has been mighty impressive in AA thus far and is expected to start against Toronto.

Somebody talk me out of Roy Oswalt....he has been mighty impressive in AA thus far and is expected to start against Toronto.
Can't do it. I won't put it past a healthy Oswalt to be a solid pitcher. The strikeouts probably won't be there anymore, but there are far worse shots to take with waiver SPs.

Finally sending Will Middlebrooks packing.Maybe he gets it together at some point, but he's a terrible MLB hitter at the moment, and I can't see any scenario where he's the 3B of the future for BOS with 2 young and better guys in the minors (Bogaerts and Cecchini).
Doing the same. On the bench again today. Have a feeling he'll be residing in Pawtucket again real soon.

Picked up kluber but didn't start him this week cuz of the matchup vs texas. Ugh. Nothing like a 60 pt week on the bench

Is colvin for realz?
No idea. He's gotten hot before and gone back to stinking.

His time in Col. Springs this season is the best run he's had in the minors and he was taking a lot of walks. I tried to bid on him yesterday, but lost out.

I think he's absolutely worth a shot. It's not uncommon for a slugger to wait until 27 years old to start to figure it out and COL is certainly a great place to do it.

Added Rasmus to replace Braun hopefully for just this week. Rasmus been hot lately and I think faces 4 righties this week.

AcerFC said:
Is colvin for realz?
His 182/182/182 triple slash last week vs. lefties accurately depicts his career struggles vs. southpaws. Big fan in daily leagues, weekly? Not so much. He's like Matt Joyce with less walks.

I picked Gee back up to stream him against the Braves, but now I want to hang on to him again. 42/5 K/BB over the last 30 days in 39.1 IP. I think I'm going to hang on instead of grabbing Oswalt.

I picked Gee back up to stream him against the Braves, but now I want to hang on to him again. 42/5 K/BB over the last 30 days in 39.1 IP. I think I'm going to hang on instead of grabbing Oswalt.
Yep hes been a new pitcher in the last month. Dont expect many wins though.

how would you guys rank these MINF going forward....

profar

lowrie

hardy

murphy (mets)

j.nix

I need sbs, but really anything since its June

Any thoughts on Brian Dozier?

I picked him up for a spot start yesterday, but now I think I'll hang on until he cools off.

He was pretty terrible in 200 AAA ABs, but was otherwise pretty solid in the minors, and killed it in 350 AA AB's (.318/.384/.502).

He appears to have become more disciplined over the last month too. His season 17/42 BB/K ratio isn't pretty, but he's gone 9/13 over the last month. OBP has risen 47 points in that time (SLG almost 100).

It could just be a hot streak that's going to end soon, but I'll hang around to find out with the dearth of solid SS options.

Ownership %'s

Dillon Gee 9

Jordan Lyles 10

Miguel Gonzalez 11

Zach Wheeler 83

My mind is blown.
I need to trade Wheeler.
I'm not sure what you're getting at here. Gee is probably underowned, but I would still value Wheeler more by a good amount.
The hype is over valuing him. I like him, and obviously own him, but the hype is a bit much. Having said that, I sincerely doubt I will trade him.

Ownership %'s

Dillon Gee 9

Jordan Lyles 10

Miguel Gonzalez 11

Zach Wheeler 83

My mind is blown.
I need to trade Wheeler.
I'm not sure what you're getting at here. Gee is probably underowned, but I would still value Wheeler more by a good amount.
The hype is over valuing him. I like him, and obviously own him, but the hype is a bit much. Having said that, I sincerely doubt I will trade him.
He's got a great future but pitchers with uncertain command threaten your WHIP every time they pitch.

Ownership %'s

Dillon Gee 9

Jordan Lyles 10

Miguel Gonzalez 11

Zach Wheeler 83

My mind is blown.
I need to trade Wheeler.
Totally disagree, BB's are probably going to be Wheeler's undoing. Gee's K and BB rates after April are much more in line with expectations (and trends from 2012). I can understand being more willing to roll the dice on Wheeler than Gonzalez or Lyles because of the K upside if he can keep his walks under control...somewhat, although the ownership disparity is still ridiculous, but Gee is a better pitcher right now than Wheeler.

Serious Dillon Gee man-crush going on for the Macster. Interesting.

I once had one for Adam Eaton (SP). I've been there, GB. He's just not good.

Ownership %'s

Dillon Gee 9

Jordan Lyles 10

Miguel Gonzalez 11

Zach Wheeler 83

My mind is blown.
I need to trade Wheeler.
Totally disagree, BB's are probably going to be Wheeler's undoing. Gee's K and BB rates after April are much more in line with expectations (and trends from 2012). I can understand being more willing to roll the dice on Wheeler than Gonzalez or Lyles because of the K upside if he can keep his walks under control...somewhat, although the ownership disparity is still ridiculous, but Gee is a better pitcher right now than Wheeler.
Interesting points, thanks. My main reason for thinking the other way is that both guys are fringe roster players in a normal 12 teamer and for those spots I just see more value in a guy like Wheeler with upside. Gee is an overachiever and may continue to be because he throws strikes, but I think he has very little chance of turning into someone substantially above WW replacement. I see Wheeler as a guy who may explode on the scene or may walk his way right back onto the WW. I guess it's more about whether you favor risk/reward guys filling out your roster or guys that just won't hurt you.

Gee had a lousy first month, but outside of some bad luck at the beginning of May (394 BABIP for the month, mainly in first few starts) has been lights out since and had been very good in 2012 as well --> arrow pointing up as he enters his prime years. Last 30 days 34 1/3 IP 36 K 2.62 ERA 1.05 WHIP. Since May 1 - 53 1/3 IP 51 K 12 BB. 2012 pre surgery - 109 2/3 IP 97 K 29 BB GB% > 50 unlucky LOB 69%.

Everything points toward him being a 8+ K/9 pitcher with mid 3/low 1.1 stuff yet he's valued as replacement level. Those are not replacement level numbers, it's what Jake Peavy, Mat Latos, and Madison Bumgarner delivered last year.

Ownership %'s

Dillon Gee 9

Jordan Lyles 10

Miguel Gonzalez 11

Zach Wheeler 83

My mind is blown.
I need to trade Wheeler.
Interesting points, thanks. My main reason for thinking the other way is that both guys are fringe roster players in a normal 12 teamer and for those spots I just see more value in a guy like Wheeler with upside. Gee is an overachiever and may continue to be because he throws strikes, but I think he has very little chance of turning into someone substantially above WW replacement. I see Wheeler as a guy who may explode on the scene or may walk his way right back onto the WW. I guess it's more about whether you favor risk/reward guys filling out your roster or guys that just won't hurt you.
Risk/reward hitters are better plays than high risk pitchers.

Wheeler's minor league K numbers weren't exceptional and he plays for a team with a bad offense and a shaky bullpen. I'm not seeing where he's a plus contributor in any category at this stage of his career.

Leonys Martin seems to be grabbing a hold on CF.
Walks are down, LD's are down, ISO is down, GB's are up, and he's only on pace for 65/8/25/22. Can't see him being anything more than an injury replacement in a deep league.
Maybe for now but I think he's worth considering for some upside. He seems to be putting things together over the past few weeks.
enjoying his production.

Users who are viewing this thread