What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (10 Viewers)

Anyone pick up Justin Bour? Doing 368/419/579 and looks to be the Marlins' regular 1B vs. righties.

He may be a quad-A platoon first baseman on an NL team in a pitcher's park, but he does have a pretty decent minor league record both in terms of plate discipline and power.
On my radar, but he doesn't have a good schedule coming up (two lefties + Harvey + Arrieta + 2 days off), so I am going to wait until next Thursday when they're getting ready to head out to Colorado. If he's not available at that point then so be it.

Anyone pick up Justin Bour? Doing 368/419/579 and looks to be the Marlins' regular 1B vs. righties.

He may be a quad-A platoon first baseman on an NL team in a pitcher's park, but he does have a pretty decent minor league record both in terms of plate discipline and power.
Picked him up yesterday after Morse went to DL. Live when these guys a homer the first day I put them in there. :thumbup:

Trying to find a way to stash Corey Seager. He has gotta come up in the next month or so, right?

NV - Norris coming back up soon?

something to think about concerning Norris

The other roster factor to consider is that if Norris stays down with the Bisons until the middle of June then the Jays, by reason of accumulated days of major-league service time, will control him for that extra seventh year before free agency. It’s not a set-in-stone rule for GM Alex Anthopoulos, because if there was an injury to anyone in the current rotation Norris would be the next man up

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to find a way to stash Corey Seager. He has gotta come up in the next month or so, right?

I've got both him and Correa, but I don't see how Seager gets up anytime soon. The Uribe trade might've cleared the path for Turner and Guerrero to both get consistent AB's, but he still has them and Rollins to contend with. That'll be even more difficult when Puig gets back.

I'm holding for a little while, as he's got a shot, but there doesn't seem to be a path anytime soon.

I've got both him and Correa, but I don't see how Seager gets up anytime soon. The Uribe trade might've cleared the path for Turner and Guerrero to both get consistent AB's, but he still has them and Rollins to contend with. That'll be even more difficult when Puig gets back.

I'm holding for a little while, as he's got a shot, but there doesn't seem to be a path anytime soon.
Have you seen Jimmy play?

Seager sooner rather than later

Nice to see Pence contribute immediatley upon return from the DL. Also for some reason Nori was a free agent in my league - not anymore!

He only has about 350 PA's above A ball and it isn't like he's ripping the cover off the ball in AAA right now.

The Uribe trade has cleared one road block, but he still needs either injury/suck to happen in front of him or he needs to start pounding the ball like 2014 to force their hand.

He only has about 350 PA's above A ball and it isn't like he's ripping the cover off the ball in AAA right now.

The Uribe trade has cleared one road block, but he still needs either injury/suck to happen in front of him or he needs to start pounding the ball like 2014 to force their hand.
Seager ripped it pretty good yesterday

He pounded the ball harder at the beginning of this year in AA than he did all of last year at A+ and AA
Great, then go do it at AAA for a couple of months and force the Dodgers to promote you. Risk/reward of promoting him now or in the near future isn't worth it.

He pounded the ball harder at the beginning of this year in AA than he did all of last year at A+ and AA
Great, then go do it at AAA for a couple of months and force the Dodgers to promote you. Risk/reward of promoting him now or in the near future isn't worth it.
but Wrigley said sooner than later!I'm guessing he has him on his team.
You know my love for AAA players Guy is destroying AAA right now.....Rollins can't hit his weight

http://atmlb.com/1FGcOAb

SRTL

Last edited by a moderator:
jamny said:
So who is starting Strasburg @CIN today?
Giving him one more start. I invested to high of a pick to just drop him and I can't get any value for him in a trade.

If he tanks tonight I bet he goes on the DL with some sudden injury.

jamny said:
Giving him one more start. I invested to high of a pick to just drop him and I can't get any value for him in a trade.

He's definitely not a drop and it's useless trying to trade him. I'm confident he'll turn it around somewhat but it's anyone's guess if that starts tonight or in a week or month. I* guess the risk is all situational. I'm near the bottom in whip and era but near the top in W's and K's. I'm a bit too far ahead of pace in an innings limit so I need quality innings.

Not sure what's worse right now:

5 INN, 6 Runs 10 Hits 3 K's on my starting roster

or

8INN, 1 Run 3 Hits 10 K's on my bench.

I think he'll have to turn it around while on my bench.

Not sure if this is the thread to throw this question out there fellas but Im trying to form an offer and want to know if it's fair/something I should do. I dont want to add my roster/scoring to clutter the thread but the scorings pretty standard. The team I'd offer to has expressed interest in SP and he's pubting saves as Allen is his only closer.

I'm thinking of offering something like Keuchel, Cargo and Bulsinger for Joc and Cody Allen. Thoughts?

jamny said:

1 inning before leaving with an injury. Sad stuff but we're used to it here in DC area.
Just saw that he was out after one. There has to be more to that shoulder issue than they let on. Or he let on.

Picked him up yesterday after Morse went to DL. Live when these guys a homer the first day I put them in there. :thumbup:
Homered the first night in my lineup too. :hifive:

Have you seen Jimmy play? Seager sooner rather than later
They traded Uribe to make room for Olivera, Seager not coming imo. Next year sure.

My team isn't, that's why I need the Kemp help.

Liriano is fine as long as you can offset the inevitable WHIP fail. I like pairing him with a Fister type to get the best of all worlds.

Also I shouldn't have goaded you, Hughes came in and blew the win and I soooooooo need wins. :hot:

I always play through June or the trade deadline. Giving up now is like giving up in fantasy football after 4 weeks, too early. This excludes dynasty leagues and deep keepers of course.

I always play through June or the trade deadline. Giving up now is like giving up in fantasy football after 4 weeks, too early. This excludes dynasty leagues and deep keepers of course.
yeah its a five player keeper so I still have until July to trade for keepers. Ill probably offer something like Gomez, Desmond, and Hamels (all expiring contracts) for Trout.

The question is kind of theoretical. Do i keep spending real $to try an improve a ####ty team or do i just cut my losses and stop making pickups now

Users who are viewing this thread