What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Russell Wilson, PIT (4 Viewers)

'ShaHBucks said:
He more Doug Flutie than Drew Brees, Brees is bigger and taller. I don't think his value will be higher than it is now that he's named the starter. I don't want to call him Tebow, because Wilson is in a class of his own from a production standpoint, but I'm sure people wish that they traded Tebow in Dynasty leagues while he was hot. I was a Troy Smith and Seneca Wallace guy from playing video games, these guy just don't succeed without the right measurable. From watching the preseason if I was set at starting qb and can wait I'd go crazy for Nick Foles instead.
You honestly haven't seen Russell Wilson play much, he's a very good passer.
I never said that, the only difference between him and RG3 is 3 inches of height. He's a great passer along with being mobile, that's great for fantasy. I mentioned Tebow because the situation is similar if you consider his flaw(height not mechanics) a gamble long-term then why not sell high?
He is starting the preseason game. Carroll has not named a starter for the regular season yet.
Flynn is a fraud, Wilson will start one way or another this year.
This is what gets me. What ha Flynn done to be a "fraud?". He has played well every time he has been on the field. It doesn't have to be a zero sum game. Both can be good players.
Its not about Flynn......it's about what Wilson HAS done.

2nd td of the night for Wilson. Hard to not think he is the starter. Of course 3 roughing the passer penalties really does help move the ball

I am not watching the game. (Not on TV here.) But been following the stats online. It's hard to imagine Wilson not winning the job based on the numbers. Wow!

2nd td of the night for Wilson. Hard to not think he is the starter. Of course 3 roughing the passer penalties really does help move the ball
Yes, but you also have to look at the fact that Owens had 2 balls in his freaking hands that he dropped on that drive.

Ill ask again - why is Flynn a fraud?
I Dont think anyone who watches football has a problem with Flynn. But in Wilson we are seeing something rare. So if a fraud means you dont have rare talent, that is all that poster could mean. Flynn is very capable and would be heads and tails above what they have in Arizona, and a few other places.

There is no way he is not the starter now...where would you pull the trigger on him in redraft? I really want him and I am thinking I might need to pull the trigger in the 7th or 8th. The fact that he is such a threat to run really adds potential to be a high scoring qb.

Wilson has all the tools, except height.

Will he be the MJD of qb's and usher in the midget qb revolution, only time will tell but he has a chance.

Question for anyone watching the game with a DVR. Can you go back to the KC TD and let me know where Cassel was when he threw the ball? I've been drinking a bit but I could have sworn the last replay showed him cross the line of scrimmage before he threw it.

It's probably the booze though.

:)

I Dont think anyone who watches football has a problem with Flynn. But in Wilson we are seeing something rare. So if a fraud means you dont have rare talent, that is all that poster could mean. Flynn is very capable and would be heads and tails above what they have in Arizona, and a few other places.
I am a diehard badger fan...so I have watched Wilson closely. I am telling you, the only knock on him is his height and obviously this is not an issue at all. Wilson is the real deal. He has amazing presence on the field and is a born leader. I read an article a couple weeks ago that said he basically has acted like the starter from day one. I don't doubt that because that is the same thing he did at Wisconsin. He came in, studied the O for about 18 hours a day, memorized everything, acted like he was in charge and they voted him captain within a month. He reminds me of a cross between Vick and Brees. I also watched Brees pretty closely in college and thought Wilson was the best Big Ten qb I have seen since Brees. If you remember, Brees was a 2nd rounder and also had issues about his height despite an all-world college career, and a general understanding that he is a brilliant guy.

Question for anyone watching the game with a DVR. Can you go back to the KC TD and let me know where Cassel was when he threw the ball? I've been drinking a bit but I could have sworn the last replay showed him cross the line of scrimmage before he threw it.It's probably the booze though. :)
I thought the same thing and did rewind just after the play. Line of scrimmage was around the 9 and he wasn't fully over it before he let it go. Play was clean.

Question for anyone watching the game with a DVR. Can you go back to the KC TD and let me know where Cassel was when he threw the ball? I've been drinking a bit but I could have sworn the last replay showed him cross the line of scrimmage before he threw it.It's probably the booze though. :)
I thought the same thing and did rewind just after the play. Line of scrimmage was around the 9 and he wasn't fully over it before he let it go. Play was clean.

LOS was at the 9. Cassel's feet were around the 9.5 mark. Legit play.Hooper... Always 1-up on me.

Last edited by a moderator:
:banned:
LOS was at the 9. Cassel's feet were around the 9.5 mark. Legit play.Hooper... Always 1-up on me.
Thanks for checking. At least I wasn't too far off. It's funny how dependant I've become on technology and how awkward it feels when I can't rewind live tv. Thankfully, technology provides me complete strangers that can check for me :) :banned:

Wilson has all the tools, except height.Will he be the MJD of qb's and usher in the midget qb revolution, only time will tell but he has a chance.
He moves in the pocket to find lanes and rolls out often. In college his passes were rarely batted down. Revolution? Don't think so but Flutie wishes he played for Caroll.

If Carroll doesn't announce Wilson as the opening day starter this week, I'll be shocked. I think at this point, the fan backlash would be massive, and frankly, I don't see how you CAN'T start someone who has impressed this much.

I had said I'd be surprised if Flynn doesn't start but I rescind that. I will be surprised if Wilson doesn't. I just don't see how Flynn's sore arm can make up the ground that Wilson made tonight. Has a FA QB ever been traded before the season started? Thy could keep Jackson and peddle Flynn (who I agree has done nothing whatsoever to "lose" the job) to AZ in a good OL trade rape. He'd get more in trade than TJ.

If Carroll doesn't announce Wilson as the opening day starter this week, I'll be shocked. I think at this point, the fan backlash would be massive, and frankly, I don't see how you CAN'T start someone who has impressed this much.
Wilson won the competition .

Good article from Seattle Times today....My link

From the article:

Do you realize how hard it is for a rookie third-round draft pick, let alone a small-ish one, to insert himself into a quarterback competition when a team has committed eight figures in money to another quarterback? That should tell you something about how impressive Wilson has been thus far. It's even more impressive when you realize that Flynn has done nothing to lose the job. Wilson is just rising fast.

Wilson is electric at times. He's so much fun to watch. I'm already convinced that his 5-foot-11 height -- Yes, I round up and give him that extra three-eighths of an inch! To everyone who doesn't, stop being petty! -- won't hinder him from being a starting quarterback in the NFL. Wilson could wind up being the greatest of all of general manager John Schneider's great middle- or late-round draft picks.

Wilson shows signs of being both efficient and capable of making big plays. That's a special combination. We talk about quarterbacks needing to be game managers first, and Wilson can do that. He came from a system in Wisconsin that demands it. That's the baseline expectation for a playoff-caliber quarterback. But what separates bad from average, average from good, good from great and great from legendary is how much responsibility a quarterback can carry on top of the game-management requirement. Wilson has the potential to be a driving force as well as a complementary quarterback.

If this is an overreaction, a lot of the pundits are being fooled....a commentator on NFL Network has just compared him to Warren Moon. I agree with those who say Flynn has done nothing to lose the job...if i were any NFL team, I would be good going in with Flynn...To me, Wilson looks like a completely different beast altogether.

kid looked good.

His throwing style looked kinda weird like he rainbowed every throw into the WR breakbasket. Must be his height and his baseball accuracy coming into play

Bro, he has been averageWilson has been dynamic....sorry?
He has been average in the preseason games you have seen. You have not seen practice. You are discounting what he did in green bay. Thats fine - no need to argue that. In trying to ask how he is a "fraud"? Call him average or second string but I'm not sure how we get to "fraud?"
bro.....I have seen practice. I live 20 min from practice and Wilson has been beter......sorry...drop him from your team

Good article from Seattle Times today....My link

From the article:

Do you realize how hard it is for a rookie third-round draft pick, let alone a small-ish one, to insert himself into a quarterback competition when a team has committed eight figures in money to another quarterback? That should tell you something about how impressive Wilson has been thus far. It's even more impressive when you realize that Flynn has done nothing to lose the job. Wilson is just rising fast.

Wilson is electric at times. He's so much fun to watch. I'm already convinced that his 5-foot-11 height -- Yes, I round up and give him that extra three-eighths of an inch! To everyone who doesn't, stop being petty! -- won't hinder him from being a starting quarterback in the NFL. Wilson could wind up being the greatest of all of general manager John Schneider's great middle- or late-round draft picks.

Wilson shows signs of being both efficient and capable of making big plays. That's a special combination. We talk about quarterbacks needing to be game managers first, and Wilson can do that. He came from a system in Wisconsin that demands it. That's the baseline expectation for a playoff-caliber quarterback. But what separates bad from average, average from good, good from great and great from legendary is how much responsibility a quarterback can carry on top of the game-management requirement. Wilson has the potential to be a driving force as well as a complementary quarterback.

If this is an overreaction, a lot of the pundits are being fooled....a commentator on NFL Network has just compared him to Warren Moon. I agree with those who say Flynn has done nothing to lose the job...if i were any NFL team, I would be good going in with Flynn...To me, Wilson looks like a completely different beast altogether.
:goodposting:

I had said I'd be surprised if Flynn doesn't start but I rescind that. I will be surprised if Wilson doesn't. I just don't see how Flynn's sore arm can make up the ground that Wilson made tonight. Has a FA QB ever been traded before the season started? Thy could keep Jackson and peddle Flynn (who I agree has done nothing whatsoever to "lose" the job) to AZ in a good OL trade rape. He'd get more in trade than TJ.
I think this is a likely possibility. Arizona might be a little gunshy after investing in a relatively unproven backup who impressed in a good situation, but I think Flynn may be a perfect fit for the Cardinals. This scenario makes a ton of sense.Plus, if they built the offense around Wilson, Jackson is the type of guy who could be a very good backup to have in place.

He has been average in the preseason games you have seen. You have not seen practice. You are discounting what he did in green bay. Thats fine - no need to argue that. In trying to ask how he is a "fraud"? Call him average or second string but I'm not sure how we get to "fraud?"
bro.....I have seen practice. I live 20 min from practice and Wilson has been beter......sorry...drop him from your team
It's weird. You should be Ecstatic about your team having a good player and you should be excited about being the guy that called it on the board. You should probably be exited about them being the only team in the division with two decent quarterbacks. But instead, you have managed to show a reading comprehension problem and generally ignored substantive discussion. Maybe next time you're in this spot you won't come across like a third grader. :shrug:

First punt was in the 4 th quarter...Wilson wasn't in.......

Lol....so Awesome. Knowing the hawks haven+10 years of Wilson and they found him in the third round is just awesome. Pete and John are geniuses.

It's weird. You should be Ecstatic about your team having a good player and you should be excited about being the guy that called it on the board. You should probably be exited about them being the only team in the division with two decent quarterbacks. But instead, you have managed to show a reading comprehension problem and generally ignored substantive discussion. Maybe next time you're in this spot you won't come across like a third grader. :shrug:
Who cares about who called anything on "a board" that's pathetic Internet kiddie ####. I'm pumped as a fan they have their Qb of the future. Something.....we have never had. It's rough being a Seattle sports fan. I don't care that you own Flynn on a fantasy team.....bfd bro.

they found him in the third round is just awesome. Pete and John are geniuses.
I think most teams really liked him. But its like having a 255 pound o-linemen or a 165 pound RB... everybody thinks that the size issue is just too much to overcome. Its not a bad thought, but its not a 100% "wont work" scenario either. Really hard to project a college QB who is 5'10" handling up to 13 people in front of him who are all 6'2"+ and maintaining his field of vision. Sure it can happen, but typically the unwritten rule works. Wilson appears to be a dandy exception to one of those rules.

First punt was in the 4 th quarter...Wilson wasn't in.......Lol....so Awesome. Knowing the hawks haven+10 years of Wilson and they found him in the third round is just awesome. Pete and John are geniuses.
I'd like to rip you for overreacting at this point, but last year I was doing the same thing when I realized what the Panthers had in Cam Newton. It's a great feeling as a fan to realize you have a true franchise QB.I honestly believe the Seahawks have found that this preseason.

Good god, give it a rest Scientist. I'm happy for the guy but calling for a Super Bowl, ROY, and best QB of this class is a bit premature.

Who cares about who called anything on "a board" that's pathetic Internet kiddie ####. I'm pumped as a fan they have their Qb of the future. Something.....we have never had. It's rough being a Seattle sports fan. I don't care that you own Flynn on a fantasy team.....bfd bro.
:lmao:Learn. To. Read.

:lmao: 5'-11"...maybe. He will go the way of Troy Smith and Pat White, both thought of as potential NFL starters yet failed miserably. His best case scenario is backup and injury fill in like that Wallace bum who I saw that they likened him to during the draft.

Fantaasy irrelevant.

Smith

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=569728 & http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=577975 among others

White

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=466293 & http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=466116
:lmao: what?

It's weird. You should be Ecstatic about your team having a good player and you should be excited about being the guy that called it on the board. You should probably be exited about them being the only team in the division with two decent quarterbacks. But instead, you have managed to show a reading comprehension problem and generally ignored substantive discussion.

Maybe next time you're in this spot you won't come across like a third grader. :shrug:
That's pretty funny coming from a guy with a link in his sig patting himself on the back for predicting Rodgers would be great. :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread