What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (18 Viewers)

The news blog says he didn't practice today, non-injury related. What's up with that?
Must be wrong. Pettine said they upped his pitch count today.
Thanks. Everything I've been seeing has been so positive for the past 48 hours and then news he didn't practice today threw me for a loop.
who was the source? mustve been a troll.

Anyways, as I mentioned, Haden thinks Gordon could go for 250yds this weekend lol. LOVE IT.
And HAden is a genius, so...................must be true.

Ever notice when players (PLAYERS) say stuff like this it never happens?? As in, never??
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2003-09-15/news/0309150187_1_ravens-record-jamal-lewis-ravens-tackle

Ravens running back calls shot before his run into NFL history
Lewis predicted feat three days earlier during phone call with opponent 295! Jamal Lewis of the Ravens breaks the NFL single-game rushing record as Baltimore beats Cleveland, 33-13

The news blog says he didn't practice today, non-injury related. What's up with that?
Must be wrong. Pettine said they upped his pitch count today.
Thanks. Everything I've been seeing has been so positive for the past 48 hours and then news he didn't practice today threw me for a loop.
who was the source? mustve been a troll.

Anyways, as I mentioned, Haden thinks Gordon could go for 250yds this weekend lol. LOVE IT.
And HAden is a genius, so...................must be true.

Ever notice when players (PLAYERS) say stuff like this it never happens?? As in, never??
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2003-09-15/news/0309150187_1_ravens-record-jamal-lewis-ravens-tackle

Ravens running back calls shot before his run into NFL history
Lewis predicted feat three days earlier during phone call with opponent 295! Jamal Lewis of the Ravens breaks the NFL single-game rushing record as Baltimore beats Cleveland, 33-13
The 1st step in accomplishing great achievements is setting the goals to get there. The 2nd is visualizing it happening, and the 3rd is believing it will happen then 4th do the things necessary to prepare for it. Finally he has to execute. He's 80% there folks! He's already proven to be an elite WR. :football:

Over gronk? Y'all are high
Yep. First of all, why start him over Gronk? Is this a start 1 WR/TE league? Lately, i.e. the last 4 weeks Gronk has scored as much as any WR, including Brown, Maclin, Sanders and Evans. I'd start Gordon with Gronk, but you have to be high to sit Gronk. I can't think of any normal league/scoring system where that would make any sense.

Apparently this game is going to be shown on CBS, as a replacement for the Bills v Jets game

... at least in my area. Hope its true!!!
http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2014&wk=12
Great link thanks for this. :thumbup:
Sweet, I get it too! Although, I really was looking forward to Cincy vs. Houston.
Want to switch places? :( The Cincy game will be fun since I have Green and possibly Blue in, but I want to see Gordon with my own eyes instead of highlight reels.

Over gronk? Y'all are high
Yep. First of all, why start him over Gronk? Is this a start 1 WR/TE league? Lately, i.e. the last 4 weeks Gronk has scored as much as any WR, including Brown, Maclin, Sanders and Evans. I'd start Gordon with Gronk, but you have to be high to sit Gronk. I can't think of any normal league/scoring system where that would make any sense.
In my case we are not required to start te and I'm a Browns homer. Openly admitted. All rational thinking goes against this thought, but I'm excited he's finally playing. If this were a must win for my team, I probably wouldn't roll the dice and go with the more proven guy this year.

Baylor Josh Gordon Thread!!!, whassup? Who dis is? Who dis is?
N####, this Fake Crow, who is this? Oh dis Gordon!
Gordon? Yeah dis Gordon, Gordon? Yeah, well if this Gordon, lemme hear ya say uhh!
[unverified]
This ain't no motherf####' Gordon! Man, hang the phone up

Uhh! Na, nah na nah
Make 'em say, uhh
(Uhh!)
Na, nah, na, nah
(Na, nah, na, nah)

N####, I'm the colonel of the motherf####' tank
Y'all after big thangs, we after big bank
3rd Ward hustlas, soldiers in combats
Convicts and dealers, and killers with tru tats

Never gave a f### 'bout no DBs on our riches
And den Falcons come short, I'm diggin' ditches
J.G. pullin' stripes, commander-in-chief
And fools run up wrong, n#### I'm knockin' out some teeth

I'm down here slangin', rollin' with these hustlers
Tryin' to get rid of all you haters and you bustas
Steppin' on cold, break a Falcon's nose
In the projects Crow, anything goes
Breakin' fools off 'cause I'm a Cleveland soldier at ease
Now salute, this pass me the doja

Make 'em say, uhh
(Uhh!)
Na, nah, na, nah
(Na, nah, na, nah)

Make 'em say, uhh
(Uhh!)
Na, nah, na, nah
(Na, nah, na, nah)

Make 'em say, uhh
(Uhh!)
Na, nah, na, nah
(Na, nah, na, nah)

Josh Gordon's trade value may never be higher. I almost flipped him in a 2 for 1 for Calvin Johnson... got Rob Gronkowski instead. No regrets.

Browns activated Josh Gordon from exempt/commissioner permission list.

LB Keith Pough was waived in a corresponding move. The Browns have hinted all week Gordon will be on a snap count Week 12, but his upside alone makes him a must start against the Falcons. He is Rotoworld's No. 8 wide receiver play this week.

22.5hrs from now, this thread will erupt when Gordon put in his first TD, from about 30-40yds out.

23.5hrs from now, we'll be all like "he already has 90yds/1 at half!!!

25hrs from now, we'll be drooling at his 150/2 on the day.

Joshua Caleb Gordon.

I don't know what to say about this snap count thing, all I know is Flash Gordon is approaching....

We've seen what a player like M. Bryant can do while in on only ~50% of snaps. Gordon is an otherwordly talent in his third year in the league and has the ability to have a good outing on a single catch. He's a better deep threat than Bryant and is also a more polished route runner with insane after-the-catch potential. Even if limiting Gordon isn't entirely lip service, I would be confident starting him if I were told today that he will only be going on 60-75% of the snaps.

Further, everything I've read indicates Gordon is chomping at the bit and ready to prove something, and if his first practices back are any indication Hoyer is thrilled to put his new offensive weapon back to use. I've never been more excited for a Cleveland Browns game.

Lol at this thread. I'm actually interested in watching a Browns game for once. I picked him up in one short bench league just for the playoff run. I win and I'm in. God forbid Calvin and Julio pick it up, I might be able to make a run at back to back championships.

Free Josh!!!!

22.5hrs from now, this thread will erupt when Gordon put in his first TD, from about 30-40yds out.

Joshua Caleb Gordon.
:yes:

Sounds right to me.

Top receivers against Atlanta the past few weeks:

Week 6: 18.2 - Alshon Jeffrey (5/136/0) (Marshall also over 100)

Week 7: 17.1 - Torrey Smith (3/81/1)

Week 8: 28.1 - Golden Tate (7/151/1)

Week 9: BYE

Week 10: 25.5 - Mike Evans (7/125/1)

Week 11: 25.9 - Kelvin Benjamin (9/109/1)

Week 12: ???

I'm thinking 20+ points for Gordon is very attainable. The Falcons are getting murdered by big wideouts (Vjax went 8 for 75 against them as well). The only receiver close to Josh Gordon's caliber is Mike Evans and he feasted. I'm very bullish on everyone playing against that putrid defense. They really really stink. Gordon is going to roast them.

Joshua Caleb Gordon.
Won't happen.

Heard quite a few people around Cleveland (including sports talk idiots) saying that this game is some sort of "judgement game" for Hoyer because Gordon is back.

Makes absolutely no sense to put that sort of label on a game when Gordon has been out all year without even practicing with the team, in a new offense. PLus still no Cameron.

I am not saying one way or another what I even think of Hoyer here, but putting that sort of label on this game just because Gordon is back is pretty narrow minded. So is expecting Gordon to be on his game. I mean, he MIGHT be. He MIGHT have a good game. He is a great great talent. EXPECTING greatness right out of the gate given the circumstances is just silly.

Heard quite a few people around Cleveland (including sports talk idiots) saying that this game is some sort of "judgement game" for Hoyer because Gordon is back.

Makes absolutely no sense to put that sort of label on a game when Gordon has been out all year without even practicing with the team, in a new offense. PLus still no Cameron.

I am not saying one way or another what I even think of Hoyer here, but putting that sort of label on this game just because Gordon is back is pretty narrow minded. So is expecting Gordon to be on his game. I mean, he MIGHT be. He MIGHT have a good game. He is a great great talent. EXPECTING greatness right out of the gate given the circumstances is just silly.
To me it sounds like an excuse for someone who wants to play Manzel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Week 12 Cheat Sheet:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000432251/article/week-12-cheat-sheet

Excerpt:

Josh Gordon vs. Desmond Trufant

Let's not slow play it: The Browns get back their best playmaker and a game-changer on offense. His presence completely changes what the Browns can do offensively and how defenses dispense personnel. The wideout led the NFL last year with 30 receptions of 20-plus yards. Even without an obvious deep threat, the Browns have the third-most plays from scrimmage of 20-plus yards (49). Brian Hoyer is going to take his shots deep. Trufant has been the lone stalwart in Atlanta's secondary this season. He has been stellar at closing on passes and can play the ball in the air (Pro Football Focus ranks him their fourth-rated corner for the season). Our "Making the Leap" candidate will have a size disadvantage, but with Robert Alford out for the Falcons, he'll be the only cornerback who can come close to matching up with a Gordon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread