What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Deangelo Williams (1 Viewer)

wiscstlatlmia

Footballguy
I noticed something today, I have, throughout the summer, ended up trading for Deangelo Williams in every league without even realizing it.

I think we all have become totally biased in the Stewart/Williams RBBC thing. The fact that Stewart(what most of us consider an elite talent) is being 'wasted' in his prime fantasy years bugs just about everyone, I'm pretty sure that is a consensus. I think this Bias has tuned everyone out to what Williams brings to the table.

It seems people have completely given up, some talk of even dropping him?

I dont understand, If anything, at the very worst, hes a super-handcuff, with a lot of talent.

I believe if Williams had a feature back role somewhere else he would be a top 10 back, I just dont understand all the people jumping ship.

He averaged 5.4 YPC last year. yes I agree, the opportunity isn't there right now, but It's not like his talent has vanished.

I understand the frustration has gotten to an all-time high and just about everyone who has owned him is sick of having him on there roster, but now is not the time to trade him.

Pretty sure you can get Deangelo at a RB4 or RB5 price right now in dynasty, maybe even cheaper, If you can, I suggest doing so.

What's the harm of William's sitting on your bench right now? Worst comes to worst hes a bye week filler and you dont use him that much. Dont forget, hes just as much of a lottery ticket as Stewart is. If something were to happen to Stewart, sky is the limit.I wouldn't be surprised at all if we see a 2008 type year again if he gets the chance to be the guy.

I dont know about you guys, but I'm totally jumping at any opportunity to get Williams as my RB5 for this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed something today, I have, throughout the summer, ended up trading for Deangelo Williams in every league without even realizing it. I think we all have become totally biased in the Stewart/Williams RBBC thing. The fact that Stewart(what most of us consider an elite talent) is being 'wasted' in his prime fantasy years bugs just about everyone, I'm pretty sure that is a consensus. I think this Bias has tuned everyone out to what Williams brings to the table. It seems people have completely given up, some talk of even dropping him?I dont understand, If anything, at the very worst, hes a super-handcuff, with a lot of talent.I believe if Williams had a feature back role somewhere else he would be a top 10 back, I just dont understand all the people jumping ship. He averaged 5.4 YPC last year. yes I agree, the opportunity isn't there right now, but It's not like his talent has vanished. I understand the frustration has gotten to an all-time high and just about everyone who has owned him is sick of having him on there roster, but now is not the time to trade him.Pretty sure you can get Deangelo at a RB4 or RB5 price right now in dynasty, maybe even cheaper, If you can, I suggest doing so. What's the harm of William's sitting on your bench right now? Worst comes to worst hes a bye week filler and you dont use him that much. Dont forget, hes just as much of a lottery ticket as Stewart is. If something were to happen to Stewart, sky is the limit.I wouldn't be surprised at all if we see a 2008 type year again if he gets the chance to be the guy. I dont know about you guys, but I'm totally jumping at any opportunity to get Williams as my RB5 for this year.
How is it possible to trade for Williams in every league you're in without realizing it? Williams, just like Stewart, is not reaching his full potential and he gets another year older... I like Williams - I really do - but with Cam, Stewart, and Tolbert there is a limited upside.So, why not be specific about the price you paid for DeAngelo? I don't think I could get him for an RB5 price.

I think we all have become totally biased in the Stewart/Williams RBBC thing. The fact that Stewart(what most of us consider an elite talent) is being 'wasted' in his prime fantasy years bugs just about everyone, I'm pretty sure that is a consensus.
I think you should speak for yourself. Most Panther fans like the RBBC thing.

I think you should speak for yourself. Most Panther fans like the RBBC thing.
Who cares about what fans think? Fantasy, man. Fantasy.I don't make money cheering for NFL teams. I get cash money by pretending I own one.

Deangelo is approaching 30 and is the #2 back on the Panthers. He may be a buy if the price is really cheap, but I don't see a lot of long term value.

He's probably going to finish his career in Carolina, since it's more cap friendly to restructure him next season than cut him.

He's the 3rd option on his team at RB.

Congratulations, you probably traded for a RB5 at a RB4 pricetag. What a value.

Newton #1 GL back

Stewart #2 GL back

DeAngelo

Tolbert possible #3 GL back

Yeah, I'm cutting him unless 2 of these guys tear ACLs. I'll roll the dice with Cheezewhiz Rodgers in ppr.

I noticed something today, I have, throughout the summer, ended up trading for Deangelo Williams in every league without even realizing it.

I think we all have become totally biased in the Stewart/Williams RBBC thing. The fact that Stewart(what most of us consider an elite talent) is being 'wasted' in his prime fantasy years bugs just about everyone, I'm pretty sure that is a consensus. I think this Bias has tuned everyone out to what Williams brings to the table.

It seems people have completely given up, some talk of even dropping him?

I dont understand, If anything, at the very worst, hes a super-handcuff, with a lot of talent.

I believe if Williams had a feature back role somewhere else he would be a top 10 back, I just dont understand all the people jumping ship.

He averaged 5.4 YPC last year. yes I agree, the opportunity isn't there right now, but It's not like his talent has vanished.

I understand the frustration has gotten to an all-time high and just about everyone who has owned him is sick of having him on there roster, but now is not the time to trade him.

Pretty sure you can get Deangelo at a RB4 or RB5 price right now in dynasty, maybe even cheaper, If you can, I suggest doing so.

What's the harm of William's sitting on your bench right now? Worst comes to worst hes a bye week filler and you dont use him that much. Dont forget, hes just as much of a lottery ticket as Stewart is. If something were to happen to Stewart, sky is the limit.I wouldn't be surprised at all if we see a 2008 type year again if he gets the chance to be the guy.

I dont know about you guys, but I'm totally jumping at any opportunity to get Williams as my RB5 for this year.
How is it possible to trade for Williams in every league you're in without realizing it? Williams, just like Stewart, is not reaching his full potential and he gets another year older... I like Williams - I really do - but with Cam, Stewart, and Tolbert there is a limited upside.

So, why not be specific about the price you paid for DeAngelo? I don't think I could get him for an RB5 price.
Throw ins in tradesETA: or Felix Jones lol

I noticed something today, I have, throughout the summer, ended up trading for Deangelo Williams in every league without even realizing it. I think we all have become totally biased in the Stewart/Williams RBBC thing. The fact that Stewart(what most of us consider an elite talent) is being 'wasted' in his prime fantasy years bugs just about everyone, I'm pretty sure that is a consensus. I think this Bias has tuned everyone out to what Williams brings to the table. It seems people have completely given up, some talk of even dropping him?I dont understand, If anything, at the very worst, hes a super-handcuff, with a lot of talent.I believe if Williams had a feature back role somewhere else he would be a top 10 back, I just dont understand all the people jumping ship. He averaged 5.4 YPC last year. yes I agree, the opportunity isn't there right now, but It's not like his talent has vanished. I understand the frustration has gotten to an all-time high and just about everyone who has owned him is sick of having him on there roster, but now is not the time to trade him.Pretty sure you can get Deangelo at a RB4 or RB5 price right now in dynasty, maybe even cheaper, If you can, I suggest doing so. What's the harm of William's sitting on your bench right now? Worst comes to worst hes a bye week filler and you dont use him that much. Dont forget, hes just as much of a lottery ticket as Stewart is. If something were to happen to Stewart, sky is the limit.I wouldn't be surprised at all if we see a 2008 type year again if he gets the chance to be the guy. I dont know about you guys, but I'm totally jumping at any opportunity to get Williams as my RB5 for this year.
How is it possible to trade for Williams in every league you're in without realizing it? Williams, just like Stewart, is not reaching his full potential and he gets another year older... I like Williams - I really do - but with Cam, Stewart, and Tolbert there is a limited upside.So, why not be specific about the price you paid for DeAngelo? I don't think I could get him for an RB5 price.
Howatzer™ The Rookie gave up Williams, DeAngelo CAR RBWiscstlatlmia gave up Jones, Felix DAL RBAir Coryell gave up Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB;* Rogers (Devy-Tenn), DaRick FA WR;Jenkins, A.J. SFO WRWiscstlatlmia gave up * Allen (Devy-Cal), Keenan FA WR;Gordon, Josh CLE WRComments: Devy to wisc

He's the 3rd option on his team at RB.Congratulations, you probably traded for a RB5 at a RB4 pricetag. What a value.
You know he was RB27 last year on 171 touches, right?Ok great, worst case scenario he does that again, do you really see him getting less touches than last year?From weeks 11-17 Williams was RB14.

I guess if you can get Deangelo cheap he's worth a bench spot. The addition of Tolbert does not help his cause. i see 3-headed monster, with scam takin his share.

Although, the Tolbert addition prolly pushed Deangelo's value lower than its ever been, and RB's get injured............

DW was the most frustrating player I had last year. He averaged less than 10 carries per game. He never had more than 15 carries in any single game. In PPR scoring he was equally useless. The situation is even more crowded this year with Tolbert. He will be unstartable most weeks at even an RB3/flex spot unless JS gets injured.

He's the 3rd option on his team at RB.Congratulations, you probably traded for a RB5 at a RB4 pricetag. What a value.
You know he was RB27 last year on 171 touches, right?Ok great, worst case scenario he does that again, do you really see him getting less touches than last year?From weeks 11-17 Williams was RB14.
Yes it is highly probable that DW gets fewer touches this year. You will be lucky if he averages 12 touches a game. It will probably be less than 10.

So basically you've acquired Williams on a number of your fantasy teams and now are looking for affirmation that he's an "undervalued/sleeper". Never see threads like this around here this time of year.

So basically you've acquired Williams on a number of your fantasy teams and now are looking for affirmation that he's an "undervalued/sleeper". Never see threads like this around here this time of year.
:XI actually was expecting to get a horrible response...because nobody wants him! lol

Oh...he was RB 14 from weeks 11-17 last year? So weeks 1-10 he would have screwed me over...then week 11 comes around and I think it's a fluke...week 12 comes and hey maybe we do have something here...week 13 comes around and hey maybe i'll start him if I get an injury...then weeks 14-16 come for playoffs and the championship game and I wouldn't bet on an incredibly inconsistent guy like Williams for any of those games, barring some huge injuries. Week 17 doesn't exist in fantasy football.

Typical hilarious testosterone filled thread here.

No one knows what will happen in Carolina. An injury or 2 and then somebody has a RB lotto ticket on a fantastic rushing offense....then the lotto winner will surely come back here to say I told you so as if he had any clue.

Granted I was out of touch all day, but he got a big bump in FBGS latest rankings. Something happen today?

Granted I was out of touch all day, but he got a big bump in FBGS latest rankings. Something happen today?
Stewart just still hasn't been practicing but my gut tells me he'll play. He's only missed two of a possible 64 games in his career. Also, I too would be selling Dwills right now or after a possible big game against a team who gave up 26 TDs on the ground last year who also doesn't look like they're going to be getting better anytime soon.

Also, I too would be selling Dwills right now or after a possible big game against a team who gave up 26 TDs on the ground last year who also doesn't look like they're going to be getting better anytime soon.
I don't know what this means

Also, I too would be selling Dwills right now or after a possible big game against a team who gave up 26 TDs on the ground last year who also doesn't look like they're going to be getting better anytime soon.
That's a horribly convoluted run-on sentence. I meant..I'd either sell Dwills now while the hype is just right or after he possibly blows up against one of the leagues worst rush defenses over the past three years. :thumbup:

That's a horribly convoluted run-on sentence. I meant..I'd either sell Dwills now while the hype is just right or after he possibly blows up against one of the leagues worst rush defenses over the past three years. :thumbup:
UnderstoodSeems like something must have happened to bump him 10 spots in Fridays rankings. Maybe it was just Stewart not practicing today

Well....it is good that on week one I am discovering that I just need to manage my team on my own and stop reading some of the crap on here. I, like many others, lost my game this week because of this garbage pick up and start.

Are you guys ready to listen now?
You've got to be kidding me. Please. Tell me you are.
Immature(potentially very) to say that? absolutely... getting a little vengeance on all the people who said I was an idiot for even mentioning him? Priceless lol
Got to prove to others than you are not an idiot with results in your leagues and results of your calls. Bumping something pre-decision won't help much.

Immature(potentially very) to say that? absolutely... getting a little vengeance on all the people who said I was an idiot for even mentioning him? Priceless lol
Who is the idiot again?! :lmao:
RB27 in ppr... I win :)severely helped you week 14 and 15. 2 of the most important weeks of the seasonETA: This was a horrible call by me(apologize to those who listened)..... but somehow the end of the season stats worked out lolTolbert was a TD vulture the whole year and Williams posted more bad games than good ones... one thing that did happen was Stewart got hurt early on... the problem was Williams stunk until week 14... I would guess the one week he worked out was week 15 or if you have a week 17 championship.

Who is the idiot again?! :lmao:
RB27 in ppr... I win :)severely helped you week 14 and 15. 2 of the most important weeks of the seasonETA: This was a horrible call by me(apologize to those who listened)..... but somehow the end of the season stats worked out lolTolbert was a TD vulture the whole year and Williams posted more bad games than good ones... one thing that did happen was Stewart got hurt early on... the problem was Williams stunk until week 14... I would guess the one week he worked out was week 15 or if you have a week 17 championship.
A big week 17 doesn't help too many people...In our PPR system, Williams finished 32nd; 38th if you only count the 16 weeks of our season and far lower than that (even behind Stewart) if you consider the 13 week regular season. He was what most expected him to be - part of a 4 player RBBC. Few doubt his talent but the situation is horrible and many are fed up with the topic.ETA: If you held him for the entire season, you could probably have done better using the roster slot on some waiver options.

Got to prove to others than you are not an idiot with results in your leagues and results of your calls. Bumping something pre-decision won't help much.
Even idiots win, idiot.

If nothing else, we at least saw that this guy is still pretty darn good and certainly better than the injury-prone but inexplicably more-touted Jonathan Stewart.

If nothing else, we at least saw that this guy is still pretty darn good and certainly better than the injury-prone but inexplicably more-touted Jonathan Stewart.
This. Honestly I've never seen a more ####ed up usage of a great player than DWill in Carolina. Put him in Denver, SF, GB etc and he has 1,500 yds. Easy.

This. Honestly I've never seen a more ####ed up usage of a great player than DWill in Carolina. Put him in Denver, SF, GB etc and he has 1,500 yds. Easy.
But Stewart is one of the most talented RBs in the NFL.....

Users who are viewing this thread