What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Help - How to Change Yahoo League Starting Lineup (1 Viewer)

Blue_Devil_31

Footballguy
Does anyone know if it is possible to modify the starting lineup requirements in a Yahoo league?

Our commish initially set the starting lineup requirements to be QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, K, DEF. But what he meant to do was set it as QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, K, DEF. In other words, only 8 starting lineup spots, not 9. And everyone drafted thinking we would be starting the 8 spots.

So, he waited until now to try to go back and fix it, and he is saying that he thinks the only way to fix it is to essentially blow up the entire league and start over. So, he would have to re-enter the scoring rules and roster requirements, and then enter everyone's draft results manually. And then get all the starting lineups in place before kickoff tomorrow.

Does this sound right? Does Yahoo not provide a commish option to just change the number of starting RBs to 1 instead of 2?

Free leagues. You get what you pay for, I guess. I have been on his back to change this error for 2 weeks, and he finally gets to it tonight. Ugh.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Does anyone know if it is possible to modify the starting lineup requirements in a Yahoo league?Our commish initially set the starting lineup requirements to be QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, K, DEF. But what he meant to do was set it as QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, K, DEF. In other words, only 8 starting lineup spots, not 9. And everyone drafted thinking we would be starting the 8 spots.So, he waited until now to try to go back and fix it, and he is saying that he thinks the only way to fix it is to essentially blow up the entire league and start over. So, he would have to re-enter the scoring rules and roster requirements, and then enter everyone's draft results manually. And then get all the starting lineups in place before kickoff tomorrow.Does this sound right? Does Yahoo not provide a commish option to just change the number of starting RBs to 1 instead of 2?Free leagues. You get what you pay for, I guess. I have been on his back to change this error for 2 weeks, and he finally gets to it tonight. Ugh.Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
It can't be changed after the draft is complete. If you are going to make the change you have to start all over and re-enter the draft manually. It will take about an hour to do it....we do a live draft and I do it every year. The hardest part will be to get everyone to sign up again in this time span. If you can get everyone on board to do that quickly, it can be done.

Thanks for the quick replies. So, it sounds like what the commish is saying is correct - that it can't be changed without starting over. Bummer. Like I said, I was after him for weeks to fix the lineup error, at least a full week before the draft.

That's kind of messed up of Yahoo to not allow any changes to scoring and settings. I've never used a site where you couldn't change stuff.

Now I am worried that he won't get it done in time for tomorrow's game, and who knows if Yahoo would allow the commish to change lineups after the game has started.

Since commish can't change 'edit roster positions' after the draft is finalized (see 2 lines below)...

Edit Roster Positions (Pre-draft) Add or remove starting roster positions from league rosters.

Edit Roster Positions Edit the roster positions you chose during registration. Pre-Draft Only

He can try this (line below), last line in 'commish tools'.

Reset Draft Delete draft results and re-run your league's draft. Post-Draft Only

If he can't reset after re-entering draft results... he must start all over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tossing it out there... how did X # of league owners not LOOK at the requirements/scoring/settings and realize this error before the draft?

Not to be a total ########, but if crap like this is slipping through before the season even starts, I dunno if Id wanna be around when things really get hairy.

See Highlighted

Commissioner Tools

League Management

Tool Description Availability League

Edit League Name and Password Change the name of your league or the password required to join. All Season All

Edit Custom League URL Create a custom web address (URL) for your league. All Season All

Edit Commissioner's Note Change the contents of your note to the league. All Season All

Edit Player Waiver Dates Change the date that any player currently on waivers will become a free agent. All Season All

Edit League Settings Edit the configurations you chose during registration. Some settings can only be changed pre-draft (Max Teams, Unowned Players and Waiver Rules), some before your first league game (Scoring Type, League Start Date), with the rest available all season long. Variable All

Edit Stat Categories Edit the scoring categories and point modifiers you chose during registration. All Season All

Edit Roster Positions Edit the roster positions you chose during registration. Pre-Draft Only All

Keeper Costs Manage keeper player's cost details to be displayed throughout the game. Requires that keeper players were set prior to your draft. Variable All

Keeper Player Status Set rules about when to indicate that a player is considered a Keeper Player. All Season All

Invite Friends Send email invitations with details for joining your league. Pre-Draft Only All

Publish League Add your league to the published list of available Custom Leagues. Pre-Draft Only All

Edit Divisions Change the names of each division, or reassign teams to different divisions. If you don't currently have divisions, but would like to, edit your league settings first. All Season Head

Edit Schedules Customize matchups for each week of the season and set your League's Rivalry Weeks. All Season Head

Assign Commissioner Access Select a new commissioner or assign co-commissioner access to other league managers. All Season All

Edit League History Set the previous season(s) of your league to show the former winners and provide your league with instant access to archived seasons. All Season All

Edit Keeper Settings Import last season's rosters and let managers choose keepers. Set a keeper declaration deadline date and create a keeper note for your league. Use the Confirm Keeper Players commishioner tool for finalizing keeper selections. Pre-Draft Only All

Team Management

Edit Rosters Edit the roster of any team for any week. All Season All

Edit League Finances Keep tabs on of all of your league's finances. All Season All

Edit Team Points Edit the point total for any team for the current and all past weeks. All Season All

Edit Transaction Numbers Edit the number of transactions made by a team. All Season All

Edit Waiver Priority Edit the waiver priority for any team. All Season All

Acquisition Budgets Manage each team's budget to claim waived players in a silent auction. Requires FAAB Waiver Priority league setting. All Season All

Lock Teams Prevent any team from making any actions. All Season All

Delete Teams Remove and/or ban any team from your league. Pre-Draft Only All

Transfer Teams Change the owner of an existing team. All Season All

Draft Management

Change Draft Type Choose from Live Online, Autopick, or Offline draft types. Pre-Draft Only All

Finalize Team List Finalize the team list to prevent managers from joining or leaving the league, customize your league's draft order, and assign keeper players. Pre-Draft Only All

Submit Draft Results Submit offline draft results for each manager in your league. Pre-draft Only Offline

Begin Season When you're completely finished submitting your league's draft, be sure to click on this tool. You must have draft type set to Offline Draft. This will begin your league's season, and you will not be able to enter any new draft results. All players will appear on the following day's roster and be placed on the bench. You will not see this link until you have submitted draft results for each of your managers. Pre-draft Only Offline

Reset Draft Delete draft results and re-run your league's draft. Post-Draft Only All

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tossing it out there... how did X # of league owners not LOOK at the requirements/scoring/settings and realize this error before the draft?

Not to be a total ########, but if crap like this is slipping through before the season even starts, I dunno if Id wanna be around when things really get hairy.
Like I said, I've been on him from the start. Others just let me be the one to ##### and moan, knowing that I will. Or they don't care? It's a 10-team league, and 3 of the teams are new this year, so they are skiddish I guess.

This is a basic question, but as commissioner how do i change a lineup after it has been submitted by a team? He emailed me last night to do it but I wasn't home. I want to retroactively change it.

not sure if you can retro that, but there's an Edit Team Points under team management you could probably fall back on.

I'd just be sure to publish the dated e-mail somewhere the league can see it.

I think it would be much better to wait until after Week 14 before doing this. You don't want to rush it, and get everything lined up before the draft.

Users who are viewing this thread