What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thursday Night Players and London Players. How do you feel? Any difference? (1 Viewer)

osubuckeyeman

Footballguy
How do you feel about starting Thursday Night Players and London Players? I guess any players that play overseas? Does it feel like they score less? Does the short week and routine interruption affect the output? Does the travel and time change mess with the London (overseas players)? Has anyone done the analytics on this? What positions are affected the most? Is there any advantage or disadvantages?

How do you feel about it? I do add it to the equation when deciding between start and sit. Not so much with Studs but with the flex debates or deciding on almost equal players.

I honestly don't consider it in player evaluation any given week. I think all of the data shows that scoring output is the same for Thursday & London games.

It often seems like scoring is down for Thursday games, but as Chaka states above, it’s probably a fallacy and based off a smaller sample size.

I won’t avoid starting guys on Thursday or London games if they’re clear cut starters, but if it’s a toss up, I might just go with regular Sunday guys.

At the end of the day, it’s more psychological than anything. I hate sitting on a poor Thursday/London performance heading into the bulk of the Sunday games.

I know a guy who purposely loads his team with late window players for whatever reason. I haven't witnessed him being any better than average.

I start them more if I have remotely close to a 50/50 decision between someone playing late, for the reason that if I know they explode for a big game, I can shift other marginal decisions towards going for higher floors. Similarly, if they end up sucking it lets me know I might need to make higher variance plays in order to get the points needed.

Sure, my opponent knows what my Thursday player has done as well, but I'm trusting myself to make adjustments better than they do

I frequently avoid Thursday road teams. Somewhere along the line I convinced myself they struggle. Unsure there are metrics to back this up - likely just bias on my part that is confirmed from time to time and I just dig my heels in deeper.

An interesting variation this week is Jacksonville staying over in London for a second straight game. Could that acclimation help them there?

I remember when it kicked off in 2006 there were some real funky games , its leveled out since then but it did cause some weird plays , teams have adjusted

I tend to lean on Sunday games, but never sit an auto-start
But if I am thumbing thru my flex spots or WR3 and the choice is a road game on Thursday or another with a home game on Sunday, match ups about even, I go with Sunday
I hate that feeling on Friday/Sat thru kick off on Sunday and I have like 6 points or almost nothing in one of my starting slots and you know you are already behind
Boogey-Man stuff

Seems to be more bigger games on Thursdays (see Monty) and in London than at the beginning. Still don’t love em - just don’t expect the worst like before.

Users who are viewing this thread